PART TWO - Interlude

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

"Wu residence, please come in," Mr. Wu said on his intercom as there was a knock on the door. The door opened and a young boy entered. "Ah, Chen you're back. I trust everything went as planned?" Mr. Wu asked as he sipped his tea.

"Even better sir. There was a lightning storm that struck the Southern Water Tribe with great force. It was practically destroyed. They were forced to take refuge in Republic City until further notice," said Chen.

"Good. The plan is in motion. Do Kang Soo went to Republic City to pose as a member of the council. I'm not sure how long it will take, but once he has the city in his control, then we'll be able to make our move. You see, I will succeed where Kuvira failed. Why settle for only Earth Kingdom cities when you can control the entire world? Once all of the nations are ours, we will be the most powerful unit in the world. And if anyone gets in our way, we will kill them. I am not taking any prisoners. Either they accept this order or perish. And of course, most importantly, the avatar must be killed first before he masters all of the elements," said Mr. Wu.

"Kill...the avatar?" Chen said with doubt in his voice, causing Mr. Wu to raise an eyebrow.

"Chen, that doesn't sound like you," he said. Chen began to feel his pulse rise as he was being taken over once more. He grabbed the sides of his head and grunted, but there was no success.mafter a few moments he stood still and connected his eyes back to Mr. Wu.

"That is correct. The avatar must die," he said. Mr. Wu smiled and set his teacup down.

"That's more like it. I'm glad you came to me to seek my help. I've wanted to expand Ba Sing Se, become what others couldn't in our past lives and with you help, we just might be able to do so. For now it may just be my wife, Mr. And Mrs. Do and myself, but we will grow stronger with dominance, starting by gaining control of Republic City," he said. Chen gave a demented smirk.

"I can't wait. I'll lay low for now, then when Republic City has turned upside down, I'll find the avatar," he said. Chen then bowed to Mr. Wu and walking out of the room. Kris, who had just returned from Republic City and had heard everything, was standing by the door outside. Chen walked by him glaring, but didn't utter a word. Kris busted into his father's chamber and stormed down to him.

"Have you gone mad??" he shouted.

"Oh, Yifan you're back. I wasn't expecting you. How was your spa trip?" said Mr. Wu.

"I didn't go on the stupid trip!! I was with Kyungsoo," said Kris, causing Mr. Wu to drop his teacup which crashed to the ground. He angrily stood up and slapped Kris hard across his face.

"I thought I told you never to speak to him again!?!? You need to learn your place and that is here," he said. Kris glared angrily at his father while holding his cheek.

"I would never wanna be apart of what you're doing! Who the hell do you think you are!? And Kyungsoo's parents are in on it too??"

"Of course. Why do you think they disowned him? You see son, we have the same vision of the world. We see that Ba Sing Se will be the capital of the world, not Republic City. A filthy piece of trash they call a town built by an avatar. Ba Sing Se has been in existence for centuries!! We deserve to be at the top! And if no one else thinks so then we'll tear everything down," Mr. Wu smirked. "It started with the Southern Water Tribe," Kris' eyes widened.

"Y-You did that....?"

"Not physically. Did you see that boy who left? He's a powerful bender and used lightning to---"

"That boy is being tormented by Azula's spirit!! She's the one who wants to destroy everything!! She's the one who gives him his supernatural strength!! He's just a normal kid but he can't BE normal because of her and now because of you!!" Kris interrupted.

"I figured so, that just makes my plan even better. I want you to join me, Yifan. We need you too."

"....I'll never join you...I would never betray Kyungsoo again...it's because of you that my relationship with him was ruined!"

"Join me or die trying to stop me."

"You're pathetic. I'll protect Kyungsoo with my life and if you harm him in any way I'll kill you with my own hands." Mr. Wu laughed.

"You'll regret those words, Yifan." Just then, several Dai Li agents slid down from the walls and threw metal cuffs onto Kris' hands.

"What are you doing!?!" Kris shouted struggling to get free.

"I'm going to lock you up so you don't warn the avatar of my plan. Maybe while you're in there, you'll rethink your decision and join my side. I'd hate to kill my own son, but if you double cross me then I'll have no choice," said Mr. Wu.

"You won't get away with this!!"

"The plan is motion and no one suspects a thing. I think I will. Oh, and you might as well give up trying to break free. You aren't a metalbender and you never will be. Dai Li, take him to Lake Laogai. Kris never took his vacation. See to it that he gets the relaxation he needs." The Dai Li agents then grabbed Kris and led him out of the room. Mr. Wu sat back down as his wife entered from another door.

"What's all of the commotion dear?" she asked.

"Yifan. He knows of the plan and is against. He wants to help the avatar."

"Did you lock him up?"

"Yes."

"Good."

"Hmm..I wonder.."

"What is it, honey?"

"I was thinking...maybe we could use an old technique that my great grandfather's uncle used," said Mr. Wu.

"Long Feng?"

"Yes."

"...Hypnotism?"

"Exactly. I don't want to kill Yifan, so why don't we force him to our side?"

"Let's do it. I'll alert the Dai Li agents to bring out the mechanism," Mrs. Wu said as she grabbed her pager. Mr. Wu smirked and rubbed his hands together.

"This is the beginning of a new era."

 

 

 

 

---------------------------

A/N: So we're moving into the second half of the story! The truth behind Kris and Kyungsoo's  parents have been revealed and Chen is STILL being haunted by Azula, poor baby T-T

I might double update today so look out! Also leave comments and stuff! I love the comments!! Thank you all again for your subs!!! I love you guys!!! <3