Sehun's Unrequited Love

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

"Sehun! Wait up!" Kyungsoo shouted trying to catch up with the airbender. Sehun turned around, surprised to see Kyungsoo following after him.

"What is it, Avatar Kyungsoo?" he asked with raised eyebrows.

"Well I..I just wanted to make sure you were okay. You seemed kind of down before you left. Is everything alright?" Sehun sighed and lowered his eyes to the ground.

"To be honest, no. Everything's not alright. As an air nomad I can't lie. I shouldn't let it bother me so much right?"

"Let what bother you exactly?" Kyungsoo asked sounding curious.

"I feel so stupid. I didn't intend to feel this way about him and I'm letting it affect me...oh I'm sorry I really don't want to burden you with my personal problems. You're probably really busy and I'm just---"

"Sehun, it's the avatar's duty to help people. I want to help and I can't unless you tell me. Whether it's personal or not, I'd like to help if you trust me," said Kyungsoo.

"Of course I trust you---you're my great great grandfather's reincarnation," said Sehun.

"Is it Baekhyun?" Kyungsoo asked as Sehun slowly nodded his head.

"I really really love him but...it's kind of a one-sided thing. He only thinks of me as a stupid kid who plays around with free spirits and only loves airbending," he said.

"Not to sound rude but, why do you like him if treats you like dirt? The guy sounds like a jerk to me," said Kyungsoo.

"He's not!! But..I don't know. We've been through a lot together and at one point I thought he really did like me too, but since that day, nothing ever changed."

 

~Sehun's Memories~

"Baekhyun! Hurry! We need to reach the top before sundown!" Sehun called. The two boys were climbing mountains to reach the top of the air temple. However, they had to do it without using airbending. It was a part of their stamina training.

"This is stupid! Why can't we just fly up with our gliders?" asked Baekhyun.

"Because that defeats the purpose of this exercise," Sehun replied.

"You take this crap too seriously," Baekhyun muttered rolling his eyes. Sehun smiled and threw his head back and close his eyes as a gentle autumn breeze fluttered by.

"Ahh, don't you just love to feel the wind? Just imagine it carrying you gracefully through the sky, allowing us to soar like birds," he said.

"You've got your head in the clouds again, Sehun." Baekhyun said as he finally caught up to him.

"But Baekhyun, that's what airbenders are all about. We're free spirits flowing in the wind."

"Teh, You're really corny you know that?"

"Come on, race you to the top!" Sehun said dashing off again. Baekhyun decided to use his airbending to himself to the top of the temple. He touched down softly on the ledges and pushed himself up with wind gusts.

"Hey! That's cheating Baekhyun!!" Sehun called.

"You're gonna have cheat if you wanna catch up with me, mop head!" Baekhyun teased. Sehun bit his lip and decided to bend the rules. He climbed up the exact same way as Baekhyun. He landed right in front of him as Baekhyun crossed his arms over his chest.

"See. That wasn't so bad was it?"

"What if the monks find out?? We could get in trouble!!" Sehun whined as he looked around in a panic state. Baekhyun rammed his hands on Sehun's shoulders and forced him to face him.

"Look at me. You'll be fine so stop your fussing, damn it," Baekhyun said staring directly into Sehun's eyes. This caused Sehun's heart to skip a few beats. Baekhyun was extremely close to his face and his voice was like a protective whisper. Not to mention, Baekhyun was incredibly cute in Sehun's opinion. "Ya know, you're really annoying kid," Baekhyun said with a chuckle. That chuckle..enough to send a blush to Sehun's cheek and making his heart beat faster. 'Why is my heart racing like this for him?' Sehun tried to shake the feeling away.

"D-do you wanna practice our bending while we're up here?" Sehun asked trying to collect his voice. Baekhyun layed down on the top step of the temple, put his arms behind his head as pillow, and closed his eyes.

"Nah," he replied lazily. Sehun frowned and kneeled beside him pouting.

"But, don't you wanna get better?"

"Nope."

"But what if the monks ask you to leave the temple?"

"Who cares?"

"I do!" Sehun quickly covered his mouth after blurting that out. Baekhyun opened one eye.

"Well don't. I'm not like you, kid. I don't wanna meditate, glide, and feel the wind. It's just not my style," he said. Sehun frowned more.

"B-but..I don't want you to leave.." Sehun said not realizing that his voice sounded incredibly whiney. Baekhyun sat up and turned to face Sehun.

"And why is that?" he asked. Sehun blinked his eyes a few times, unaware of how he should answer that question.

"B-because um uh you um you have a lot of potential and I.." Sehun studdered as Baekhyun leaned closer towards his face, so close he could feel his breath on his lips.

"That's not good enough," Baekhyun whispered in a seductive voice. Sehun began studdering again and before he could get a proper sentence out, Baekhyun pressed his lips onto Sehun's, kissing him passionately. Baekhyun tilted his head, opening his mouth to Sehun's lips and slowly entered his tongue into Sehun's mouth. Sehun whimpered as Baekhyun's hungry lips got more passionate. Baekhyun cupped his hands on both of Sehun's cheeks to deepen the kiss further. After a minute or two, Baekhyun slowly backed his lips away, leading a string of saliva from Sehun's lips to his. Sehun's eyes were still closed, lips still puckered, hoping for another kiss. When he didn't feel anything he slowly opened his eyes. Baekhyun stared at him, his hands still cupped around his cheeks, caressing them. Baekhyun then began to laugh then layed back down. Sehun sat there, unable to move. His heart felt like it was about to burst, his face was a crimson red color.

"Don't tell me, you're in love with me," Baekhyun said lazily. Sehun didn't reply. He had never kissed anyone before. That was his first kiss and it felt special to him. From that day on, he knew. He knew that he was in love with Byun Baekhyun.

 

"So...Baekhyun kissed you?" Kyungsoo asked after listening to Sehun's story. They were now sitting on the ground in comfy positions. Lay also joined them not too long ago.

"Y-yeah..I've never been able to forget about that kiss. It was the first kiss in my entire life...well I'm only fourteen but still..it was amazing. There's just something about him that makes me feel warm inside," said Sehun.

"I know exactly how you feel," said Lay.

"So, he never tried to kiss you again since then?" asked Kyungsoo.

"Nope. In fact, he's been meaner to me than he used to. I try not to let it get to me but I can't help it. I know he hates it at the Air Temple but...I don't want him to leave. I know that sounds selfish but...I can't imagine my life without him," said Sehun.

"Sounds like you're truly in love with him," said Lay. Sehun nodded.

"But Sehun, if training at the temple isn't what he wants to do, then you should support him. I know it hurts to lose someone you...love," Kyungsoo said as his voice trailed off. He suddenly began thinking about Kris.

"I suppose you're right. I should just give up and let my feelings for him go. I doubt he'll ever love me back."

"You can't do that. If you love him then pursue him! Have you ever sternly sat him down and said, 'Hey Baekhyun I'm in love with you'? Don't knock it until you try it!" said Lay. He realized that he should take his own advice after he said it.

"I doubt I'd be able to give up on him easily, but maybe you're right. I should at least tell him before I give up, even though he probably already knows and just strings me along," said Sehun. "Well, I should get going, it was nice talking to you both! Thank you for listening," he said offering a warm smile. Lay returned the smile as Kyungsoo stayed silent. Sehun stood up, bowed, then left. Lay turned his attention to Kyungsoo, who seemed to be in deep thought.

"Kyungsoo?" he said. Kyungsoo quickly snapped out of it.

"Oh sorry, what is it?"

"Are you okay? You kind of zoned out."

"Yeah, I'm fine."

"Hey, Soo..there's something I wanna ask you,"

"Yeah? What is it?"

"Um let's just say theoretically speaking, if someone you knew told you they loved you, would you accept their feelings?" Kyungsoo remained quiet for a few seconds.

"Truthfully, I'd say no. I don't think I'm ready to love again or be in a relationship. I'm just too hurt from Kris.." Kyungsoo began to sniffle. Lay threw his arms around Kyungsoo and hugged him tight. "But why do you ask, Lay?"

"Just curious. I mean just to compare with Sehun's situation, ya know," Lay replied slowly frowning.Damn it, he thought. Just then, Kai, Chanyeol and Baekhyun emerged from the training grounds and were coming towards Kyungsoo and Lay.

"WHY THE HELL ARE YOU ALWAYS HUGGING HIM WHEN I'M NOT HERE!?!"

"Would you lower your damn voice? I swear it's like nails on a chalkboard. Why don't you just shut up for once, can't you see Soo is upset?" said Lay. Kai's angry expression quickly turned to worry as he dived on the other side of Kyungsoo, trying to shoo Lay's arms away.

"Stop I was here first," said Lay.

"And you scolded me for playing the first card! Such a damn hypocrite," said Kai. "Now move your damn hands, I'm hugging him next."

"No, I'm not finished. He doesn't want you, he wants me right now. We were talking and you interupted," said Lay. Kai rammed his hand onto Lay's arm. His hand began to turn red as it heated up and Lay sprung up and yelped.

"OW!!! Son of a !!" he yelled holding his burnt wrist. Kai smirked and wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo.

"Now tell me what's wrong, Soo?" he said rubbing Kyungsoo's head. Kyungsoo sighed.

"I started thinking too much and ended up thinking of Kris..." he said.

"Who's Kris? Is that the ex boyfriend?" asked Chanyeol. Kai nodded.

"Are you sure you don't want me to beat his ? Cuz you know I will," said Kai.

"Yes I know you will Kai, but no, please don't. I really don't want you to go to jail," said Kyungsoo.

"Maybe you should let him beat Kris up then," said Lay. Baekhyun began looking around.

"Hey where's Sehun?" he asked.

"Oh, he left," said Kyungsoo.

"Well where did he go?"

"He didn't say, he just said he'd see us later," Kyungsoo replied. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and groaned.

"Stupid kid. He doesn't even know his way around here and he's wandering off on his own. Hopeless. Alright, I'll go find him. It was nice talking to you Chanyeol, we should hang out sometime," he said flashing a wink at Chanyeol then ran off.

"I kinda like him," said Chanyeol. Kai's mouth opened wide.

"YOU'VE GOT A CRUSH!?!" he yelled.

"No!!! I meant to say he's cool and fun to talk to. I just met the guy so no way I'd have a crush on him. Stop being in such a rush to hook me up with somebody," said Chanyeol.

"Well all you do is train. You need a little fun too, jeez," said Kai.

"Anyway, weren't we supposed to be teaching Kyungsoo firebending today?" said Chanyeol. Kai looked back down at Kyungsoo.

"What do you say Kyungsoo? You still up for learning firebending today? If you want we can pretend the targets are Kris' face?" said Kai. Kyungsoo smiled a little.

"That sounds great, let's do it!" he said.

"You're so damn adorable!" Kai said planting a kiss on Kyungsoo's cheek. Lay balled his fists and gritted his teeth.

"You sure do love skinship don't you, Kai?" asked Kyungsoo.

"Only with you baby," said Kai as he seductively rubbed his hands down Kyungsoo's back, pulling him closer to him.

"Knock it off, Kai!!! Quit ually harassing your student!!" yelled Lay.

"Oh? Is someone jealous over there? Good. Be jealous," Kai said with a smile, mocking Lay.

"Let's get going Sifu Kai!" said Kyungsoo.

"Sifu?" he asked.

"An old term Avatar Aang called his masters," Kyungsoo said smiling at Kai.

"Master huh? Heh, I like the sound of that," Kai said with a ual smirk on his face.

"ert !" Lay said bending a water whip towards Kai, which he dodged.

"Any non firebenders need to scram. You'll just be interupting our training," said Chanyeol.

"It's okay, Lay can watch from the bleachers!" said Kyungsoo. Kai rolled his eyes.

"I'll be here to heal you if that bastard burns you. Let me know if anything hurts okay?" said Lay. Kyungsoo laughed.

"Don't worry, I'll be fine!"

They all went back into the training grounds and Kai and Chanyeol showed Kyungsoo basic breathing techniques, and the correct way to draw fire.