Where the Wind Blows

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

"Ahh, it feels good to be back home again," Sehun said as he hopped off of the bison's head and took a deep breath, inhaling the fresh air. Kyungsoo was still fast asleep in Lay's lap. Lay gently nudged him in attempt to wake him up.

"Soo, wake up we're here," he said softly. Kyungsoo rubbed his sleepy eyes and yawned big, causing Lay to smile.

"You're so cute when you wake up," he said rubbing Kyungsoo's head. Kai rolled his eyes and jumped off of the bison. Kyungsoo slowly sat up and looked around.

"So this is what an Air Temple is like. I've only seen it in books. It's amazing to see it with my own eyes," he said as he stood. Sehun smiled at him.

"I'm glad you appreciate it unlike some people," he said flashing teasing pout at Baekhyun, followed by sticking his tongue out. Baekhyun only smiled at Sehun, causing him to blush. 

"You got anything to eat around here?" Kai asked rubbing his growling stomach.

"Always thinking with your stomach. Hungry .." Lay mumbled.

"Don't start with me, dimples. I'll knock your right off this damn mountain now try me," said Kai. Lay and Kyungsoo too hopped off of the bison, looking around. Kyungsoo stayed next to Lay, leaning his head against his shoulder from time to time and wanting to hold his hand, making Kai extremely frustrated.

"Alright enough looking around. The monks really want to meet you, Kyungsoo! Come on," Sehun said grabbing Kyungsoo's arm and pulling him to the temple. Everyone else remained outside.

"Hey Baekhyun, can I talk to you in private for a minute?" asked Kai. Baekhyun gave a confused look and nodded. The two of them wandered off to where Lay couldn't hear them.

"Okay, I know you have a ty love life and all but I don't have anyone else to talk to about this here but you cuz I ain't tellin' to that stupid waterbender," said Kai.

"I don't follow, what are you trying to say here?" asked Baekhyun.

"Okay so, I kinda told Kyungsoo how I felt about him..that I loved him and then we kinda..ya know, had ."

"Well damn. All your problems are solved then right?"

"No, not at all. The next day he acted as if he hated me, saying it was a mistake and now he's barely talking to me and top of that he's touching all over that damn seal jerky eatin' asswipe. I mean he's standing too damn close to him! Laying on his shoulder, holding his hand...why the hell isn't he doing that with me!??!"

"Well here's a thought, maybe he doesn't like you," Baekhyun said in a bland voice.

"I'm being serious here. When we were having , he didn't tell me to stop no matter how many times I asked if it was okay. He moaned my name and kissed me back, even my----"

"WHOA WHOA WHOA MAN I DON'T WANNA HEAR ABOUT YOUR LIFE," Baekhyun shouted loudly. Kai's eyes widened and he placed his hand over Baekhyun's mouth.

"Shut up idiot!! Like I'm pretty sure the whole damn island heard you!!"

"My bad, but dude I honestly don't know what to tell you. In case you haven't noticed I'm not an emotional guy. I'm not in love with anyone."

"Bull. Then why were smiling at Sehun the whole ride over here huh!?! Making kiss faces! Not to mention Sehun's strangely happier, did YOU do anything!?! Don't tell me you had with him."

"What?? Hell no!! We didn't! Damn mind your own business punk!" Baekhyun said annoyed. Kai rolled his eyes.

"I just don't know what I should do. I thought he felt the same way and now I feel like I just screwed up our friendship."

"Then talk to him about it."

"I tried, he told me to go away."

"Then try again," Baekhyun said yawning. "Look, I'm exhausted, I'm gonna take a nap. Baekhyun said going to find a shady spot under a tree. Kai sighed and slowly walked back to the front of the temple, where Lay was sitting on the step.

"What was that all about?" asked Lay with a glare.

"None of your damn business," Kai replied harshly.

"You're not fooling me. What did you do to Kyungsoo. I noticed he's been acting different and his anger is moreso turned towards you...not that that's a bad thing in my eyes but I hate seeing Kyungsoo upset."

Kai gave an annoyed look and sighed angrily. "Fine! Last night Kyungsoo and I had se---"

"Okay guys! You're more than welcome to explore the temple while Kyungsoo and I begin training!" Sehun said as he and Kyungsoo exited the temple. Kai's eyes stared at Kyungsoo who wouldn't dare to look at them.

"Kyungsoo.." Kai started.

"Well um come on Sehun, we'd better start before it gets too late in the day!" said Kyungsoo cutting Kai off. Sehun nodded and led him to the training grounds. Lay got up and pushed passed Kai to go to the ocean to practice his bending. Kai was now alone and in his thoughts. He didn't want to lose Kyungsoo. He didn't regret confessing but he began to regret sleeping with him. He couldn't take anymore of the silent treatment Kyungsoo was giving him. It just hurt him too much.

 

"Okay um so I'm new to this whole teaching thing so just bare with me, plus you're an earthbender which might make it more difficult because earth and air are natural opposites," said Sehun.

"It's okay, I'm very patience. Whenever you're ready, Sifu Sehun!" said Kyungsoo.

"Okay, so the key to airbending is light movements, flexibility, finding and following the path of least resistance. You kind of have to be like the wind yourself. Let it guide you and carry you, feel it beneath your arms and your weight," said Sehun demonstrating the martial art form of airbending. "Before you try airbending, you have to try moving like an airbender." Behind Sehun was a large maze of spinning light-weight shades that blew wherever the wind directed. 
"Watch me first," Sehun then entered, moving his body with the wind to avoid any collision with the shades. Kyungsoo clapped when Sehun got threw the whole thing.

"Nice!" he said.

"Okay, now you try,"Sehun said giving Kyungsoo a shove towards the maze. With a little hesitation at first, Kyungsoo took a deep breath and entered, letting the wind be his guide, just as Sehun.

"Wow!! Kyungsoo that was amazing!! You got through the whole thing on your first try! That's really impressive! You know, my grandfather told me that when Tenzin was training Korra, she failed miserably at it and even ended up burning all the shades with her firebending," Sehun said as he and Kyungsoo burst into laughter.

"I did hear she had a hard time with airbending," said Kyungsoo.

"Okay, let's see if you can do better than your past life. Use that form and be light on your feet," Sehun said demonstrating a gust of air he blew from his hands. Kyungsoo nodded and mimicked Sehun's form, when he was ready, he punched his fist out, releasing an wind gust. Sehun's mouth went wide open and his eyes nearly popped out of his head.

"Wow Kyungsoo!!! You're incredible!! You're the best earthbender avatar ever!!!" he exclaimed. The two of them practiced more forms and techniques. Sehun showed Kyungsoo how to make an air scooter, which was a little difficult for Kyungsoo but he almost had it. He also showed him how to make a mini whirlwind. After a few hours went by, they decided to sit down and take a break.

"I still can't believe how well you're doing! You're gonna master airbending in no time if you keep this up! How far have you gotten in firebending with Kai?" said Sehun. Kyungsoo's smile faded at the name of his best friend. He suddenly felt nervous again. He hadn't thought about Kai and the fact that they slept together while he was learning airbender. Why did Sehun have to bring him up now?

"Um we haven't really gone technical. He and Chanyeol only really showed me basic stuff, like shooting a fire blast," said Kyungsoo. Sehun frowned.

"That's it?" he asked. Kyungsoo nodded

"Maybe I should find another firebending teacher," Kyungsoo said with an awkward laugh. After a few minutes of silence, Kyungsoo spoke again.

"Um, hey Sehun? Can I tell you something?" he asked.

"Of course, what is it?"

"Um well..you see..last night, when ou and Baekhyun were gone and when Lay was practicing his waterbending..um Kai kind of said something to me.." Sehun waited for Kyungsoo to go on. "He told me that he was in love with me.."

"Oh," Sehun responded nonchalantely.

"Oh? That's all you have to say is oh?? That was huge to me!"

"Well um Kyungsoo to be honest, it was kind of obvious that Kai was in love with you," Sehun said in a low voice almost whispering. Kyungsoo's mouth dropped.

"Why do you say that?" he asked.

"He gets jealous of whoever you talk to, he calls you baby, and he gives you A LOT of skinship. I mean it's kinda hard to miss. I'm so sorry Kyungsoo I hate to laugh at you but the fact that you're so oblivious is hilarious!" Sehun said bursting into laughter. Kyungsoo pouted and waited for Sehun to finish.

"Done?"

"Yeah I'm done," Sehun said wiping his tears.

"Um well yeah, that's not all...you see after he confessed..he kissed me.."

"Oooooo," Sehun said making an "o" shape with his mouth.

"And then he started touching me..."

"Ooooooooooooooooooooooooooo"

"And then...we had .." Sehun's mouth dropped to the floor.

"OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!" Kyungsoo waved his hands at Sehun to stop. "Sorry Kyungsoo but wow!! sooo does that mean you and him are dating now?"

"No. I don't want to date him. He's my best friend and I love him but just not in that way. Ever since my ex broke my heart, I've been afraid of love and I don't know if I can ever except and return Kai's feelings. I did a lot of thinking about it and I realize that I'll never be able to have something like love. My heart can't handle anymore pain. I love Kai to death and I know how he is. Lay is right when he calls Kai a . He's slept with half of the women in his village."

"Whoa...then why did you sleep with him Kyungsoo?"

"I-I...I don't know...I couldn't say no because apart of me enjoyed it, a part of me yearned for it. It felt good, but I know it was never meant to happen. Now I feel bad because I've been a jerk to Kai all day and I feel like I led him on. I really wanted to talk to Lay about this but I was afraid of his reaction. I'm afraid he'll call me a because I slept with Kai who's slept with so many people. I can't lose both of my best friends right now, especially when I need them most..." Kyungsoo said as his eyes welled up with tears. "That's why I wanted to tell you, because I feel like I can trust you Sehun."

"Well Kyungsoo, I most certainly would never judge you and I'm glad you decided to confide in me. I want to do nothing more than to help the avatar. If you feel conflicted then maybe you should talk to Kai about it. Tell him how you feel, don't just push him away. Explain that your heart just isn't ready for another relationship. He's your best friend and I'm sure he'll understand," Sehun said smiling. Kyungsoo lifted his head a little more.

"Okay, you're right. I need to stop avoiding this and talk to him. Thank you so much Sehun!! I'll be back!" Kyungsoo said as he took off towards the beach. Sehun watched him go.

"Hmm. I wonder if he knows that Lay is in love with him too? Silly avatar," he said shaking his head smiling.