Moon and the Ocean Spirits

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

Lay and Kyungsoo both woke up at the same time, still in the water, still , still emracing eachother. The morning sun had already risen. Lay planted a gentle kiss on Kyungsoo's temple. Kyungsoo yawned and shivered.

"Are you cold?" asked Lay. Kyungsoo nodded and huddled closer to Lay. "Come on, we should get out of here," Lay said as he pushed himself up on the edge, pulling Kyungsoo with him. Lay stood up and bended the water off of himself and off of Kyungsoo as well. Kyungsoo giggled.

"We look like old ladies with all these wrinkles," he said. Lay smiled and leaned in to kiss Kyungsoo on the lips.

"Last night was amazing," he said. Kyungsoo bit his lip, unsure of what to say. "You know Kyungsoo, I was positive you were going to reject me after I confessed, but when you were studdering and tearing up, it was just so cute I couldn't help myself."

"After all these years...I just couldn't believe it. I never thought you felt that strongly about me...the truth is, I really did miss you when you left. You were the one person I could always count on no matter what. I actually had a little crush on you back then, but I never said anything because I was afraid that you didn't like guys," said Kyungsoo.

"So, does that mean you accept my feelings and want to be with me?" Lay asked with hopeful eyes. Kyungsoo lowered his head.

"I-I'm not sure how I feel, honestly. I'm still broken over Kris so my heart's not in the right place..but Lay...I think I might love you.." Kyungsoo blurted out the last part. Lay's eyes widened with shock.

"If that's true, then I'll wait until you get rid of your feelings for Kris completely. I want to make sure that if we're together, that we love eachother only, okay?" said Lay. Kyungsoo's eyes began to water. Great. Why am I crying? If I would've known how Lay felt about me back then...we would've definitely ended up together...but...what about Kai? I can't do that to him...Do I love him too? Do I love Lay more? Ugggh. Damn it. My head hurts.

The two boys put their clothes back on and headed back to Suho's tent. When they entered, Suho's wife was making kelp stu for Kai.

"Hey mom, where's dad?" asked Lay.

"He had important work to do this morning so he left early. He told me make various hot soups for Kai," she replied. "How have you been? I missed you sweetheart," she said.

"I've been great, thanks to Kyungsoo," Lay said smiling.

"KYUNGSOO!!!!!!!!" shouted Kai as he emerged from under the blankets. "Where were you!?! Why didn't you come back?? You said you would come check on me!! My mouth is numb from all this water tribe cra---" Kyungsoo was quick to throw his shoe at Kai, stopping him from finishing his sentence. The shoe hit Kai in the head, causing him to lay back down.

"Sorry, Kai. I was helping Xiumin with something. Um, so today we're gonna help him look for Luhan," said Kyungsoo. "I told him that Lay and I would help."

"What about me??" said Kai.

"You're in no condition. You're still sick, you should really rest until we leave," Kyungsoo said feeling Kai's forehead. Kai's fever had actually gone down due to the Water Tribe remedies. However, Kyungsoo wanted to spend time with Lay, away from Kai so he could figure his feelings out.

"No way. I'm coming too. I've even stopped sneezing! That stuff may be nasty but it helped bring my fever down," said Kai getting out of bed. Lay glared at Kai, Kai noticed and glared right back.

"What the hell are you lookin' at?" Kai said snarling.

"Something really hideous," Lay snarled back.  Kyungsoo sighed.

"Well thank you Mrs. Zhang for taking care of Kai, we're gonna head out to find Xiumin now," he said as he bowed. Mrs. Zhang smiled back and bowed as well.

"Thank you, Avatar Kyungsoo," she said. The three of them then left the tent and saw Xiumin talking to Suho. From where they were standing, it looked pretty serious.

"We probably shouldn't interupt. Let's wait until they're finished talking. In the mean time, how about I teach you a few waterbending moves, Soo?" said Lay. Kyungsoo's face lit up and he started clapping.

"Yes please! Let's go!" he said jumping up and down. Lay laughed at his cuteness and took his hand, leading him to the side of a glacier. Kai rolled his eyes and followed along.

"Can you let go of his hand before you infect it with your water tribe disease? I already got sick, I don't want Kyungsoo getting sick too," Kai barked out. Lay ignored him and began to instruct.

"Okay Soo, now the key to waterbending is the 'push' and the 'pull'. It's all in the wrist movements," Lay explained as he demonstrated, pushing and pulling the water.

"Okay, I'll try it!" Kyungsoo said as he copied Lay's wrist movements. In a matter of minutes, Kyungsoo himself was bending the water. "Hey look I'm bending it!!" he shouted excitedly. Lay smiled and pulled Kyungsoo close to him.

"Good job, you're a natural," he said he leaned down about to kiss Kyungsoo on the lips, but Kyungsoo quickly pushed away.

"Not in front of Kai," Kyungsoo whispered.

"What the hell are you doing!!??! And you call me a ert!! You're molesting him!!!" Kai shouted. Lay ignored Kai again and resumed his instructing.

"One more thing I wanna show you is how to move the water around," Lay said as he directed his hand movements to the water, bringing up a stream of it, moving it around in the air. "It's a little more difficult but I'm sure you'll get it in two seconds." Kyungsoo nodded and tried exactly as he was instructed, and just like Lay predicted, he was streaming the water within a matter of seconds.

"Wow! This is so cool! I can bend all four elements now! Now I just have to master them all and I'll be a full fledge avatar!" Kyungsoo said. Just then, they saw Xiumin walking their way.

"Not bad Kyungsoo, you learn pretty quickly," he said.

"What were you and dad talking about?" asked Lay. Xiumin took a deep breath.

"It was about Luhan. He doesn't think it's best if I try to find him," he said.

"What??? Why would he say that!? He's a memeber of our tribe!" Lay shouted.

"I know, and I told him that I was still going to find him. I don't care about what he's done. I'm not even sure I believe it."

"Believe what?" asked Kyungsoo. Just then, dark storm clouds formed overhead, blocking the sunlight, making the village dark and gloomy. Winds began to pick up, and the sound of a ship breaking through the glacier was heard from around the corner. Many people screamed in horror. Kyungsoo and the others hurried over to see what was happening. A fire navy ship. It was Chen.

"Oh no, it's Chen," said Kyungsoo.

"Don't worry, Soo. He wasn't able to beat us last time, we got this," said Kai getting in a battle stance. Chen smirked as he walked down the ramp from his ship, following behind him was a boy. Luhan.

Xiumin's eyes widended in disbelief. "Luhan!!" he called out both relieved to see him but confused.

"What the hell is he doing with Chen?" asked Lay.

"Who is this guy?" asked Xiumin referring to Chen.

"That's the guy...the guy who tried to kill Kyungsoo," said Kai.

"Luhan. Take them," Chen ordered. Without hesitation, Luhan lifted his hands to bloodbend Lay and Kai. They gasped out in shock as their own limbs were moving without their own control.

"W-what is aghh happenening??" Kai panted out, struggling to gain control.

"Kai! Lay! What's going on???" yelled Kyungsoo as he watched his two friends being manhandled.

"H-he's bloodbending..." Xiumin uttered in horror. Luhan's eyes welled with tears as he saw Xiumin's facial expression, but his bending remained firm and strong.

"Luhan, you missed one," Chen said nodding his head towards Xiumin.

"I-I can't...n-not him...please," Luhan begged.

"Are you telling me no?" Chen asked turning his scowl towards Luhan.

"Luhan! Don't do it! Stop this! This isn't you! Luhan look at me!" Xiumin shouted. Luhan felt his heart drop as Xiumin tried to connect with him, his grip on Lay and Kai loosened. Chen rushed over to attack Kyungsoo who was wide open and distracted. Kyungsoo fell hard on the ice as he received a heavy blow from Chen. Chen blew more fire blasts from his hands to Kyungsoo who was still on the ground, sliding backwards, avoiding the blasts.

"Hmph. All you're good at is earthbending. But do you see any earth, rock or stone? You're completely out of your comfort area and are powerless against me," said Chen. Kyungsoo punched a small fire blast up at Chen who absorbed it in his hand. "You're firebending is weak, and so are you. Luhan! Kill his friends! I want him to watch before I annihilate him." Luhan's eyes widened and shook his head.

"N-no.." he said. Chen grew angry and annoyed.

"Fine. Then you'll die instead," he said as he shot a bolt of lightning from his fingers that pierced Luhan directly. Luhan howled out in pain and collapsed to the ground. Xiumin's eyes widened and he raced over to him.

"LUHAN!!!!!!!!!" he cried out picking the boy up in his arms. Electricity ran through the boy as it shocked Xiumin, but he didn't let him go. "Luhan please don't die on me, please," he pleaded rubbing the boy's head.

"Xiu...Xiumin...I-I'm sorry..." Luhan coughed as he spoke weakly.

"No no no don't speak don't talk like that you aren't going to die..." 

When Chen shot Luhan with lightning, Kai and Lay had been released from Luhan's grasp. They coughed and struggled back to their feet, seeing what was going on.

"H-how could you!?" Kyungsoo shouted at Chen. Just then, Chen began to feel pain running through his body. He held the sides of his head with his hands and yelped out in pain.

"A-Azula...get out of my body!!!" the voice of the real Chen shouted. Kyungsoo gasped. "SHUT UP!" Chen growled to himself, but the voice sounded different. Kyungsoo took the opportunity to stand up and go check on his friends.

"Are you guys okay??" he asked. Lay hugged Kyungsoo tightly.

"We're fine, are you hurt?" asked Lay. Kyungsoo shook his head and looked towards Xiumin who was holding a lifeless Luhan in his arms.

"I-I think he's dead.." 

Just then, Suho jumped in the scene bending a massive wave of water towards Chen. With the help of other waterbenders, he bended a massive ice prison around Chen.

"Don't move!" Suho demanded. Chen howled out flames from his mouth, melting some of the ice. He began yelling loudly, bending a massive fire shield around him, bigger than before, blasting himself out of the prison, disappearing. In the blink of an eye, he was running back to his ship and had already sailed away.

"Damn!!! Bastard got away AGAIN!!!" Kai shouted in fury.

"YIXING!!!" Xiumin yelled as everyone hurried towards him. "Please...do something...bring him back," he cried, tears pouring down his face. Lay nodded.

"I'll do everything I can, I promise," he said, laying the boy flat on the ice. Everyone watched as Lay gathered up water on his hands which turned lighter in color as he hovered them over the area that was shot with lightning.

"It did a lot of damage, this doesn't look good at all," Lay said in a solemn tone. Everyone lowered their heads as it seemed as if Luhan's life was over. They plead with the Moon and the Ocean spirits that his spirit would finally be at peace. Xiumin continued to sob.

"Wait, I want to try something," Lay said as he took a deep breath. With his breath he placed his palm directly on the wound and the water absorbed into Luhan's body. Everyone held their breath and waited has Lay drew his hands back. Then Luhan began to cough and slowly open his eyes.Everyone gasped and cheered as the boy had been revived. Xiumin rose his head but couldn't find words as he stared into Luhan's eyes, but his expression said it all. Before Xiumin dove in to hug the boy, Lay put a hand in front of him to stop him.

"His body is still in critical condition, no sudden movements. Dad, can you help me move him to an oasis? I can work on his wounds better if he's in the water.

"Of course son. Someone bring me a stretcher!" Suho called. Several other benders and villagers gathered around as the boy was put on a stretcher and relocated. Xiumin, Kai and Kyungsoo followed them to the oasis. Lay gently took Luhan's shirt off to reveal his scars.

"What happened to you?" Lay said in terror.

"My mother...whipped me when I would try to disobey her..." Luhan replied weakly. Xiumin sat at the edge of the oasis and took Luhan's hand, holding it tight. "Xiumin? H-how am I still alive?" Luhan asked leaning his head back to look at Xiumin.

"Lay is the best healer in our tribe," Xiumin replied with much relief in his voice.

"Are you alright, Luhan?" Kyungsoo asked. Luhan turned to look at Kyungsoo.

"I'm sorry Avatar Kyungsoo. This is my fault, I should've never..."

"No don't apologize! It's okay, but why exactly were you with Chen?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Luhan is still in critical condition and needs to rest. Let Yixing heal him first before suffocating him with questions," said Suho.

"You're right. Okay, we'll talk later then. Please feel better," said Kyungsoo as he began to leave. Kai followed after Kyungsoo without a word.

"Alright then, Yixing. I'll leave it to you," Suho said as he to left the oasis. Xiumin sat there, still holding Luhan's hand.

"Okay, let's see here," Lay said as he placed his palm on Luhan's deep scar.

"Ouch!!" Luhan yelped. Xiumin squeezed his hand tighter.

"What's wrong!?!" he shouted.

"I'm sorry, it's gonna sting a little bit," Lay said carefully operating. A few more water absorptions in Luhan's body and he felt a little better. "Okay, that should do it for now. We'll have another healing session later on tonight. I'll leave my brother to look after you," Lay said flashing a wink at Xiumin then left.

"Do you think you can walk?" asked Xiumin. Luhan nodded and pulled himself out of the water.

"Xiumin..I-I'm really sorry...I know you must hate because of everything I've done and what I am," he said. Xiumintook off his coat and put in Luhan, then wrapped his arms around the boy.

"I don't care about that. I'm just so happy you're alright. Do you have any idea how scared I was? I thought I really lost you," said Xiumin.

"I-I didn't think you would care..." Luhan said tearing up.

"Of course I care about you. I promise I'll protect you and if you want, you can live with me. We will definitely be exiling your mother," Xiumin replied placing a kiss on the younger's forehead. Luhan snuggled his head into Xiumin's chest.

"All I ever wanted...was to be with you...I love you Xiumin...I really really do," he said. Xiumin lifted the boy's head by his chin and kissed his cold lips, instantly warming them up.

"I love you too Luhan."

 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Double update! Yaaaay Luhan's alive <:'D you guys got scared didn't ya? From now on, Luhan will be cared for by Xiumin! So expect more XiuHan in the future! ^^ Kyungsoo still needs to sort his feelings out