Live For Today

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

 

The flight to Air Temple Island was quiet and awkward on Sehun's part. Baekhyun would attempt to start a conversation, but it would never last more than thirty seconds.  Sehun barely spoke a word to Baekhyun and barely even looked at him. Baekhyun hated the fact that he hurt Sehun. He never thought he would feel so wrong after hooking up with someone. He used to do it all the time, however this time he regreted it and felt bad. It felt like a weight was on his heart, and he didn't know why. 

Once they finally arrived to the island, they landed gently on the shore. Sehun began heading towards the bison garden as Baekhyun followed him close behind. Baekhyun tried to say something else to Sehun as he cleared his throat.

"I'm sorry I scared the bison away," he said.

"Okay," said Sehun.

"I mean it, Sehun."

"Okay."

"Damn it would you stop giving me one worded answers!?! Why don't you quote monks, talk about free spirits and all that other mumbo jumbo like you used to?!?!" yelled Baekhyun. Sehun remained silent. "I miss that...you always knew what to say and I miss it."

Sehun sighed. "I really don't have anything to say to you right now. I'm just really hurt and it's gonna take some time. Even after what you did, my feelings for you haven't changed, but it's gonna be a while before I can be your friend again," said Sehun.  Friend? Baekhyun thought as he felt his heart dropped. He felt a little disappointment. He never had someone love him the way Sehun did and he liked that fact.

Once they entered the gardens, they saw several monks fedding the baby bison as well as the adults. They turned their attention to the two boys who had entered.

"Ah, welcome back, Oh Sehun, Byun Baekhyun," one of the monks said. Sehun and Baekhyun bowed respectively.

"We came because we need to take a bison to pick up some friends and bring them back here," said Sehun. The monk frowned.

"Didn't you take one with you when you left for the Fire Nation?" he asked with a raised eyebrow. Sehun turned towards Baekhyun. 

"...It was my fault," Baekhyun said ashamed. "I scared it away and we have no idea where it went."

"Please don't be angry with Baekhyun. He didn't mean any harm. Plus it was also a new environment for the bison so I'm sure she panicked even more because she didn't know where she was. I promise we'll find her and return her," said Sehun. The monk nodded.

"Very well, pupil Sehun. So, why exactly are you bringing friends here?" he asked.

"You see, we met the avatar and his friends while we were in a Fire Nation village, and he asked if I could teach him airbending, so I figured it would be wise to bring him to the temple for training," said Sehun.

"The avatar?? How fortunate, it must be fate that you would befriend the avatar! You are very wise to bring him here. You will be an excellent teacher, Sehun. Your great grandfather would be proud, and so would Avatar Aang," said the monk. Sehun smiled and bowed once more. The monk led a bison towards him and sent him off. "Hurry back!" he said.

"Yip yip!" Sehun shouted as the bison took off gracefully in the skies.

"Hey, thanks for defending me back there, you didn't have to do that," said Baekhyun.

Sehun shrugged. "I said it because you seemed remorseful about it and punishment from the monks is something you always get so yeah. But yeah, you probably didn't deserve it," he said. Baekhyun remained quiet.

"Sehun, why do you love me?" he asked finally. Sehun turned his head to look at Baekhyun.

"W-what?" he asked bashfully.

"You heard me. I wanna know, why'd you fall for me? I mean, I'm always a to you, make fun of you, call you pathetic and stuff like that. I've done so many things to make you hate me yet it's the exact opposite."

"I-I don't know really...I guess it's because I know deep down you don't really mean those things. You always put yourself down but I always saw something in you and said to myself, 'he's special, he's worth something.' I know your past was rough and you didn't really have anyone and I guess I just wanted to be that someone. I didn't want to give up on you, Baekhyun. No matter how many times you would push me away I vowed to always stay by your side and keep you by mine.." said Sehun. Baekhyun stared at Sehun for a long time with a regretful expression on his face.

"Y-you really thought that about me?" he asked in shock.

"Of course I did. Not to mention, after the first time you ever kissed me made me fall for you even more. I adored you, admired you."

"When you confessed your feelings to me...and then said we should part ways, it really hurt me because...I didn't wanna lose you. The truth is, you're the only person who ever cared for me and showed me affection. You always encouraged me to try even when I didn't give a . No parents, no siblings and an uncle who disowned me after beating me when I was eight years old, I didn't care to live. I thought no one would ever give me a reason to care about anything...and then I met you. You showed me compassion and kindness. Even though I wasn't born in the air nomads you and the monks took me in. I never knew why you were always so happy, so full of life, so optimistic. I admire that about you Sehun.." Baekhyun said as he was on the verge of crying. Sehun noticed and felt his heart breaking. He had never seen Baekhyun cry before, EVER. He rushed to the saddle and hugged Baekhyun tight.

"It's okay, I promise I won't ever think about leaving you again," said Sehun squeezing tight. "I-I love you."

Baekhyun looked at him and kissed him with great passion, running his fingers threw the younger's hair. They both swayed their heads, deepening the kiss. When the broke, the both stared into each other's eyes smiling. Baekhyun wiped his eyes.

"I'm sorry I hurt you. It was never my intention, I'm so stupid," he said. Sehun smiled and rested his head against Baekhyun's chest.

"It's okay, I know you're stupid."

"Hey, you weren't supposed to agree! Anyway that's my line!" Baekhyun said as Sehun laughed.

"Don't let your past affect your future, Baekhyun. You're an amazing person and you have so much to offer," said Sehun. Baekhyun smiled and rubbed Sehun's head which was still against his chest. They stayed like that for a few minutes.

"Hey Sehun?" said Baekhyun.

"Yes?"

"Steer the damn bison!"

"Oh !"

 

 

Kyungsoo woke up in the morning with a very uneasy feeling. He sat up and saw that Lay and Kai were sound asleep in their sleeping bags. He got up trying not to awaken them. He walked down to the river and splashed water in his face. My best friend told me he loved me...and we had . Please tell me that did not happen...please. But it did happen, and now Kyungsoo couldn't take it back. He should've never let it go that far. He couldn't find the voice to tell Kai no. He didn't know what to think or how to feel and more importantly, how he would face Kai. He sat by the river and cried until the others woke up. Kai saw him by the river and ran down towards him.

"Morning baby. Did you sleep well?" Kai said grinning as he wrapped his arm around Kyungsoo's shoulder trying to plant a kiss on his lips. Kyungsoo pushed him off viciously.

"DON'T TOUCH ME!!!!!" he screamed. He covered his mouth, shocked by his own voice. Kai layed on the ground with a confused, frightened expression on his face. 

"I-I didn't mean to shout---" Just then Lay rushed over.

"What's going on?? What did you do now you bastard???" he accused Kai. Kai was speechless as his eyes remained on Kyungsoo.

"I-I need to be alone," Kyungsoo said he ran far along the river, bending an earth tent and locking himself inside. Lay launched his angry eyes down at Kai.

"What the hell did you do to him!?!?! !" he yelled. Kai finally stood up and wiped the dirt off his clothes.

"Wouldn't you like to know," he said as he walked away. After Kai gave Kyungsoo time to cool off, he approached his earth tent and knocked on it.

"Kyungsoo? Baby? You okay?" he called softly.

"Go away," Kyungsoo mumbled from inside.

"Why are you mad at me? I told you how I felt about you and we had ," said Kai, causing Kyungsoo to yell out in aggravation.

"Don't say that!!!"

"Baby come out and talk to me, please," Kai said almost begging. After a few moments of silence, Kyungsoo bended the door back into the ground, but stayed cramped inside. Kai peeked inside the door. "Tell me what's wrong," he said.

"I-I regret everything that happened last night...that shouldn't have happened."

"But you liked it, you didn't tell me to stop. If you didn't want to do it then why didn't you say so?"

"I-I don't know...just please leave me alone. I can't handle being around you right now." Before Kai had a chance to reply, a group of firebenders riding several komodo rhinos barged onto their camp grounds.

", they found us!" Kai said as he got up and ran towards them. He blasted several fire combinations and the benders hopped off of the rhinos. Lay had already begun attacking. He bended water from the stream and whirrled around a bender's leg like an octopus tentacle then sent him flying elsewhere. Kyungsoo cam out of his tent tried to fight as well, but his movements and accuracy was off as he was blasted by fire and knocked to the ground.

"Kyungsoo!" Lay called. Just then, TenTen emerged and smashed some of the komodo rhinos under a rock'alanch. "Good job TenTen!" said Lay.

"We need to get outta here! I can't hold them off anymore!" shouted Kai as he unleashed as many blasts as he could. Just then, a sky bison entered the scene, landing and smashing it's wide tail into the ground, sending everything in the tail's path miles away.

"Sehun! Baekhyun" Lay shouted happily.

"Come on! Hop on!" shouted Sehun. Kai grabbed belongings and threw them in the bison's saddle. Lay ran to pick up Kyungsoo, who was unconcious and layed him gentle in the saddle.

"What happened to him??" asked Sehun horrified.

"He got hit, but it wasn't serious," Lay said as he was already healing his wound. Kai hopped onto the bison last.

"Alright let's go!" he shouted.

"Wait, what about TenTen?" said Lay as he looked at the badgermole.

"Who gives a , I hate that thing," said Kai.

"He's a living creature you !" said Lay. Kyungsoo slowly regained consciousness and sat up rubbing his head.

"TenTen, underground," he said. The badgermole then bended a hole and entered it, as if he understood Kyungsoo's request. Kyungsoo held the side of his head and yelped in pain. Lay quickly grabbed him and gently layed him across his lap.

"It's okay, just rest for a while okay?" he said. Kyungsoo nodded and closed his eyes. Sehun shouted 'yip yip!' as the bison took off in the sky again. Kai's eyes fell on Kyungsoo and remained for while until Lay finally said something.

"Why do you keep staring at him, weirdo? I bet you're thinking nasty erted things like you always do. Pfft. Sicko," said Lay.

"Why don't you mind your own business before I throw you off this damn bison," said Kai.

"I'd like to see you try," said Lay.

"Then come at me! You think this is a game!?!"

"Can you guys shut up I'm trying to sleep," Kyungsoo grumped. Lay rubbed Kyungsoo's head gently.

"Sorry, Soo," he said then leaned to to kiss his forehead. Kai rolled his eyes.

"Sorry we took so long guys!" said Sehun. 

"Yeah no kidding," Kai grumpily agreed.

"You seem to be in a happier mood, Sehun," said Lay. Sehun blushed and looked towards Baekhyun who smiled, winked and puckered his lips making a 'kiss' sound.

Kai and Lay continued to argue as the set flight for Air Temple Island. Kyungsoo, still deep in thought and as confused as ever couldn't behave normal around Kai anymore. He wondered if Lay would judge him if he found out. So many worries ran through his head. He hated it. It was beginning to taint his friendship with Kai and he didn't know how to cope with it.

 

 

"Chen..Chen..this way Chen," the voice of Azula's ghost led him to the camping grounds where Kyungsoo and the others just were. Chen leaned down a picked up a sock that was left behind and smelled it. He gagged as the smell was atrocious, but he knew that the avatar had just been there.

"What now, Princess Azula? Tell me what to do," said Chen.

"The sky bison was just here Chen..they're going to an air temple...and not just any air temple...Air Temple Island. You will find them, and end them."

"Yes, Princess."