Weasel

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

Kyungsoo wanted to cry. He wanted to run and jump into a whole where he would never have to see Kris' face again. He never imagined he would see him prior to returning, especially not so soon.

"You've got some nerve showing your face around  Kyungsoo. You've got five seconds to get out of here before I roast your alive," Kai threatened, jumping in front of Kyungsoo.

"That's Kris?" asked Lay who had never seen Kyungsoo's ex boyfriend before. Kyungsoo nodded, causing Lay to glare angrily towards Kris.

"What are you doing here?? Shouldn't you be in the estates sipping expensive tea and making fun of us lesser??" Kyungsoo snotted.

"Kyungsoo listen, I'm sorry I hurt you. I've regretted it everyday and I wish I never said those horrible things to you. I know it will take a lot, but I really want you in my life again. It's just not the same without you," said Kris.

"Five..." Kai began to count.

"Don't make me laugh. I'd never let that happen. Just the sight of you makes me want to rip someone's head off. I-I hate you Kris. You ripped my heart out. I was madly in love with you and y-you ripped my heart out," Kyungsoo shouted letting all his built-up emotion out. His eyes swelled with tears and he couldn't hold them back any longer. Lay hugged Kyungsoo tight, caressing him gently.

"Don't cry, Soo. It'll be okay," he said trying to calm the boy down. Kris lowered his head trying to find the words to say. Thanks to Lay, Kyungsoo was able to calm down and stop crying. He focused his attention back on the loser who dumped him.

"I don't want to see you anymore. Please just leave me alone," Kyungsoo said with a cracked voice as he rubbed the tears from his eyes.

"Four..." Kai gritted through his teeth.

"Kyungsoo please just hear me out. I know you're struggling right now and I want to help you," said Kris.

"Help him?? What could you possibly do?? You've done enough. I suggest you leave before I do something I'll regret to you," said Lay.

"Three..."

Kyungsoo began to turn his back to walk away. "Come on guys, let's go," he said.

"I know about Chen," said Kris, instantly gaining Kyungsoo's attention. He turned around quickly to his words.

"W-what did you say?" Kyungsoo studdered.

"The incident that happened in the fire nation village spread. It's on the Ba Sing Se newspaper. When I read it and saw that you were involved, I decided to do research and it led me to discover Chen. He's been doing stuff like this for a while now, and he only gets more dangerous it seems," said Kris.

"Two..." Kai was about to explode.

"W-what do you know about him?" asked Kyungsoo hesitantly.

"Can we go somewhere private? I'd rather not talk out in the open," said Kris.

"Hell no. We aren't leaving Kyungsoo alone with you so you can have a one night stand you !" said Lay.

"Fine you can come too," said Kris.

"ONE," Kai lashed out numerous fire blasts, all stronger than the last. Kris countered by bending lava wall, absorbing the fire, but Kai wasn't finished. He ran up to Kris trying to do one-on-one combat.

"Kai! Wait a minute!!" shouted Kyungsoo. Kai, who was on top of Kris strangling him, turned to look at Kyungsoo.

"What!?!"

Kyungsoo looked down nervously and twittled his fingers. "I-I think we should at least hear him out," he said still looking towards the ground. Kai ferociously let out fire from his mouth as he screamed "WHAT!?!?"

"Kyungsoo..you can't be serious. Why would you even consider that!?" said Lay.

"Because, this guy is dangerous. He almost nearly killed Luhan, he could've even killed me. I was powerless. I couldn't earthbend. I wasn't a good enough firebender, and I could barely waterbend. I think it's best if we know exactly who we're dealing with," said Kyungsoo.

Lay sighed angrily because he knew Kyungsoo was right, but he hated the fact that it had to be Kris of all people, just when he was close to claiming Kyungsoo for his own, his ex walks back into his life.

"He almost killed you?" Kris asked with a worried expression.

"Cut the damn goody-two shoes act! Don't act like you care about him you snake !" Kai said screaming in his face, shaking him by his collar.

"That's enough Kai. If the Dai Li catch you, they'll send you to rehabilitation in Lake Laogai. You don't wanna go there," said Kyungsoo. Kai growled and got off of Kris. Kris stood up and dusted himself off.

"Should we find a quiet place then?" he asked.

"We can talk in my grandpa's house," said Kyungsoo as he headed towards the door.

"Kyungsoo, are you sure about this? I don't trust him and I'm normally the calm one but I really want to rip his throat out. I hate him. I seriously hate him, more than Kai," Lay whispered to Kyungsoo.

"Ditto," Kai said joining in on the whispering.

"I have to know guys. If he really knows something about Chen, then I need to keep an open mind to get the information. It comes along with being the avatar, unfortunately," said Kyungsoo. Both Kai and Lay sighed then focussing their angry eyes on Kris, who was waiting for them to go inside.

"Don't friggin look at me like that . What you starin' at asswipe?? If it were up to me I'd kill you with my bare hands," Kai snarled. Kris didn't say a word as he entered the house after the boys. They all sat down at the table. Kai and Lay sat on both sides of Kyungsoo and huddled close to him, eyes still stabbing Kris.

"Okay talk," said Kyungsoo.

"Well he grew up as a normal child in the Fire Nation and---"

"GET TO THE DAMN POINT I SWEAR YOUR VOICE MAKES ME WANT MURDER SOMEONE," Kai yelled.

"Chen's actions aren't his own doing," said Kris.

"Um, what exactly do you mean?" asked Kyungsoo.

"Crazy lightning, hunting the avatar, manipulating the innocent. Come on Kyungsoo, the answer's right in front of you," said Kris. Kyungsoo gasped.

"Come to think of it, something really weird happened at the South Pole. I didn't say anything because we were all focused on Luhan at the time but, before Chen got away, his voice changed and it seemed he was fighting...himself. I heard him say 'get out of my body' and he was talking to Azula.." said Kyungsoo.

"That crazy Fire Nation Princess? Didn't she die like three hundred years ago?" asked Lay.

"This doesn't know about Fire Nation history. OF COURSE she was the Princess when the Fire Lord was Ozai. Didn't you hear how she died? She was locked away and refused to eat, drink or sleep. She just laughed herself to death. Death by her own psychopathic ways," said Kai.

"Well damn sorry we don't talk about Fire Nation history because that's not our style," said Lay.

"It's possible that Azula's spirit was troubled and never put at peace, so she thrives on others, possessing them to do terrible things. One in particular, kill the avatar," said Kris as he looked directly at Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo felt chills run up and down his spine.

"Okay this is getting really creepy. I-I don't wanna hear anymore," Kyungsoo said shivering. Lay put his arm aroung Kyungsoo's shoulders.

"What's wrong? Are you scared?" Lay asked in concern.

"Don't worry baby, I won't let anything happen to you," Kai said, also wrapping his arm around Kyungsoo's waist. Kris scowled at Kai calling Kyungsoo 'baby' and the fact that both boys had their arms around him.

"Kyungsoo, I know it's scary but don't be afraid. I-if you'll allow me, I want to protect you as well. I know a way we can separate Azula's spirit from Chen. If you want to beat him, you're going to need my help," said Kris.

"OH HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!!!!!!!!!!!!! IF YOU THNK YOU'RE COMING WITH US THEN YOU LOST YO DAMN MIND," Kai shouted.

"We don't need your help. We've been doing fine without it so you can be on your way back up to the damn rich people," said Lay. Kris continued to ignore Kai and Lay and looked into Kyungsoo's eyes directly.

"Kyungsoo, look at me. I want to help, please let me help," he said with pleading eyes. Kyungsoo was having a war inside himself. Don't trust him!! I hate him I hate him!! But he seems so desperate...and those eyes..

"Um..I need time to..."

"The hell you do!!! The answer is NO," said Kai. Kyungsoo felt as if he would have a panic attack. He had every reason in the world to turn Kris away, but the fact that Kris actually wanted to help them stop Chen, he didn't want to miss out on the opportunity. He knew more than they did about Chen and Azula's alliance.

Kyungsoo stood up. "Okay Kris. You can help. But this changes nothing between us. After this is over, I never want to talk to you so just keep that in mind," Kyungsoo said refusing to give Kris eye contact, then rushed out of the house. Kai and Lay's mouths dropped open in disbelief.

 

 

"Okay listen, I hate you, you hate me. But we have two things in common. We both love Kyungsoo and hate Kris' guts more than we hate eachother, so why don't we put our differences aside and make sure that doesn't hurt Kyungsoo, you feel me?" said Kai in a low voice. He and Lay were in and alleyway later that night.

"Okay, then once we get him out of the picture, we go back to hating eachother," said Lay.

"Deal," Kai said extending his hand. Lay nodded and shook his hand.

Damn weasled his way back into Kyungsoo's life. I hate him. I'll kill him once this is over. He ain't takin'  MY Soo away from me! After that night Soo and I did it, I'm certain he'll fall in love with me too.

I can't believe Kyungsoo is trusting him so easily. He nearly admitted he loved me and now, OF ALL TIMES, this douche intrudes, trying to get Kyungsoo back. Pathetic. Kyungsoo's so close to falling in love with me.