No Redemption

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

"Tao stop crying," Kai said rolling his eyes. Tao was a sniffling and sobbing mess.

"I-I c-can't...I'm g-gonna be in s-so much t-trouble," he cried.

"Look, when your dad comes, I tell him that it was all me and that I forced you to do it, okay?" said Kai. His eyes reverted to the jail bars. "Or...do you think you could metalbend us out of here?" Tao shook his head no.

"The bars are made of platinum. They have cells like these for the purpose of having metalbenders imprisoned...and I'm a criminal..." Tao said then going into a sob again. Just then, they heard a door open and footsteps heading towards them.

"Huang Zitao!!!!" an angry fatherly voice shouted. Tao fell to his knees, balling his eyes out. The mayor was accompanied by Meelo and Do Kang Soo. "Just what were you thinking??"

"I-I-I-I," was all Tao was capable of saying.

"It was my idea. I was training him to defend himself, so don't blame him," said Kai.

"Tao does NOT need defensive training. He's been trained in that art for several years now!! Why would he need help from...from a hooligan like you?? This is outrageous!"

"Sir please calm down, I'm sure he has a valid explanation," said Meelo.

"You airbenders are always so quick to assume the best. But here, it's all about discipline. We are not living in one of your peaceful Air Temples, this is a city where many people are convicted of crimes everyday. Therefore, they must be punished for it," said Do Kang Soo. Just then, Chanyeol bursted in with Kyungsoo and the others right behind him.

"Kai!!" shouted Kyungsoo. "We haven't been here for more than two days and you've already gotten yourself thrown in jail," he said shaking his head and face palming.

"Avatar Kyungsoo! Are these the kind of people you associate yourself with??" the mayor said motioning towards Kai. "I thought you were responsible and would be a good influence on my son, but I see now that is not the case. This is the second time I've caught you beneath troubles with Tao."

"With all due respect sir, none of this is Kyungsoo's fault," Lay said in a defensive tone.

"Are you getting smart with me?" the mayor said raising an eyebrow.

"No, I just don't think it's fair how you're accusing him of this," said Lay glaring at the mayor.

"I entrusted you boys to look after Tao and look where he is now, I think accusing the avatar fits the bill," the mayor snarled back.

"I agree with you one hundred percent, sir. The avatar has thugs for friends and always gets into trouble. That is exactly why I exiled him from the upper ring of Ba Sing Se. I put him dwn in the slums where he could no longer embarass me. I like to keep a nice, civilized establishment. That is why the crime rate in Ba Sing Se is very minimal. You see, the Earth King and I know how to deal with these matters and are very skilled when it comes to order," said Kang Soo, he turned his cold gaze to Kyungsoo. "That is no son of mine," he said coldly.

"YOU BASTARD!!!" Lay shouted as he bended a water whip from his canteen towards Kang Soo. He quickly bended a rock pillar to block it. "Don't you ing dare say one more bad thing to Kyungsoo..." Lay growled angrily. Kyungsoo was shocked. This was the first time he had ever seen Lay so angry and violent.

"See what I mean Mayor Huang??? They're all thugs!! If I were President, I would know exactly how to deal with this. You wouldn't have to worry about your son being acquainted with these peasants," said Kang Soo. Mayor Huang nodded.

"Attacking a council member is a very serious issue. What do you suppose we do?" he asked Kang Soo.

"Throw them in. All of them," Kang Soo replied with a smirk.

"Now hold on just a minute, one of them is my son," Meelo said motioning to Sehun.

"Fine. Then just the avatar and the waterbender." Guards came and opened the cell, throwing both Kyungsoo and Lay inside.

"Maybe you all can think about what you've done overnight," the mayor said as he exited, followed by Meelo and Chanyeol. Sehun threw a sad look towards Kyungsoo then was forced to leave as well as Baekhyun. Kang Soo stood in front of Kyungsoo's cell.

"I told you that you would end up here one day. You never listen to your father," he said with a smirk and wink. He then walked away satsfied.

 

"Damn it!! I'm sorry Kyungsoo, are you okay??" Lay asked rubbing his boyfriend's arms. Kyungsoo's faced remained emotionless, then he looked up at Lay.

"Yeah, I'm fine. I just feel a little stupid. I should've known that what he said to me earlier was nothing but venomous lies. He only cares about himself...and power," said Kyungsoo.

"So you aren't mad that I attacked him?"

Kyungsoo smiled and chuckled a bit. "Not at all. In fact, you really surprised me. I've never seen you like that before....it was really...y," he said with a blush. Lay smiled then leaned down to kiss his lips smoothly.

"It takes a lot to piss me off, and talking about my boyfriend is at the top," he said with a wink. "I just can't believe he had the audacity to throw us in here."

"Yeah, and by the looks of it, the mayor might make my dad the President of Republic City...and I have a really bad feeling about that.."

 

 

"Mr. Mayor sir, I don't really think it was necessary to throw my friend in jail, well okay I get it he destroyed some buildings, big deal. He's just used to doing things his way! And the avatar did nothing! I'm not fond of his smelly boyfriend but I think this is kinda injustice!" said Chanyeol as the council members were gathered around the table.

"Of course you feel this way because they are your friends. But behaving like barbarians is not permitted in this city, thus proper punishment must be undertaken," said Kang Soo.

"I agree. I feel as though Kang Soo shares the same visio for this city as I do, and that is why I have come to the decision to name him the new President of Republic City. It is time we brought back an old tradition," said the mayor.

"But mayor!! Shouldn't the people be allowed to elect their candidates??? What about democracy??" shouted Chanyeol.

"No one else is running, therefore there is no need for an election. It's as simple as that," Kang Soo said snotty.

"The decision is final, and as the current mayor I will not allow any objections. You're all dismissed." Chanyeol dragged his feet out of the building. He looked up and happened to notice Sehun and Baekhyun standing nearby.

"Hey Baekhyun!!" he shouted trotting towards them. Baekhyun's eyes widened and gave him a "go the hell away" face. Sehun wasn't happy to see him but decided to be cordial.

"How did the meeting go? Will Kyungsoo's father be the new President?" he asked. Chanyeol nodded sadly.

"Yup, and none of us could even have a say in it," he replied.

"That's too bad. I'm sure my dad would have disagreed along with you. Something just doesn't feel right," Sehun said his chin. Chanyeol shrugged.

"Eh nothing we can do now," he said, then turned hs attentio to Baekhyun, who was avoiding eye contact with the taller.

"Why are you so quiet Baekhyun?" he asked. Baekhyun's eyes remained on the ground.

"Because I don't feel like talking. Can you just leave please," he said quietly. Chanyeol moved closer to Baekhyun and his arm.

"That's not what you said last night," he said in a deep, seductive voice. Sehun's face turned upside down as he stared at them in confusion. Baekhyun quickly smacked his hands away and looked at Sehun.

"Why are you acting like this? Can't we just have again like we did last night? Man you were so good. I loved the feeling of being inside of you, and they way you grabbed my hair and moaned my name...so hot.." Chanyeol said his lips, not even caring that Sehun was standing right there.

"SHUT UP!!!!" Baekhyun shouted as he blew a powerful air blast from his palms, sending Chanyeol flying down the street. He turned back to Sehun and put his hands on his shoulders. Sehun looked like he had just been hit by a truck. Tears streamed down from his eyes and snot down his nose.

"I can explain.." said Baekhyun.

"I-Is it true...? Did you really...sleep with him?" Sehun croaked out in a broken voice. Baekhyun saw the hurt in Sehun's eyes and it killed him inside. What have I done? How could I do this to the boy who loves me so much?  He cursed himself on the inside.

"Y-yes...but it meant nothing," he said rubbing Sehun's shoulders soothingly.

"I'm done....I'm done with you Byun Baekhyun..." Sehun said, breaking into a sob. Baekhyun tried to explain but Sehun didn't hear anything over the sound of his own crying. He stepped back and ran off, throwing his glider into the sky and hopping on it, flying away.

"Sehun wait!!! Please come back!!!!" Baekhyun shouted. He wanted to go after him, but he didn't have his own glider with him. "Damn it..." he said, falling to his knees, releasing tears of his own. Damn it...I just lost someone who means the world to me...damn it...I'm such an idiot...

 

 

 

Not too long after the council member conference, the mayor had made an announcement to all of Republic City that the role of President had returned and that it was none other than Do Kang Soo. Many people weren't happy about it, and others didn't care. Regardless, he was now in charge of the city with the mayor heavily depending on him.

Kang So returned to his temporary housing and grabbed his radio.

"Hello?"

"Wu. I'm in."

"You're in control of the city already?"

"Sort of. I've been named the new President."

"Perfect...the plan is moving along quicker than I expected."

"That's not all. The avatar and his friends were arrested today. The mayor wants to release them tomorrow..but I don't think I will allow that."

"Do it. Send the avatar back here to Ba Sing Se. We need him out of the way once we destroy Republic City."

"What an excellent idea, Wu! I'll have them shipped out first thing tomorrow morning, then I'll commense with the next phase of our plan."

"Great. You know what to do."