Fog of Lost Souls

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

The air ship was approaching quickly, giving them little time for preparation. Kai and Lay both got in battle stances, prepared to attack whomever would come out. Once the ship landed, the door slowly began to open. Without wasting any time, Kai charged up with twin fire blasts from both fists to the rising metal door. The metal was quickly bended to protect the figure of a person from the fire.

"Come out and face me! You're not taking Kyungsoo, you understand me!?!?!" Kai shouted. The person beneath the metal bended it off of himself, revealing who he was. Kai's eyes widened in shock as he didn't expect to see who was in front of him.

"Tao?" he said. Tao's eyes watered as he ran towards Kai and hugged him tightly. He loudly sobbed into Kai's chest as Kai hugged back rubbing his back soothingly. "It's okay Tao, you're safe now," he said. Lay let out a breath of relief.

"Thank goodness, we thought you were the Dai Li or other forces that Kyungsoo's father and Mr. Wu could've sent," he said.

"So what are you doing here? And how'd you know we were here?" Kai asked as he wiped tears from the crying boy's face, tilting Tao's head up by his chin softly to look directly at him.

"I-I had to escape from Republic City..." Tao replied sniffling. "After you all left, Kang Soo became a powerful dictator and completely took over, running over my father and everyone else on the council."

"Is my tribe alright?" asked Lay.

"Yes, as far as I know. Chief Suho didn't dare to oppose because Kang Soo threatened death upon anyone who attempted to do so. Then behind my father's back, they tortured me. Keeping me locked in a small cell with no food or water. I barely even had enough air...I couldn't even metal bend myself out because it was a wooden cell," said Tao.

"Those bastards...I'll kill them with my bare hands," Kai said gritted through his teeth. "They didn't hurt you did they?"

"Not really...they would slap me a few times because I wouldn't stop crying or shouting for help," Tao said looking down. Kai was about ready to choke a .

"I can't believe this, it's just as bad as we thought. So how did you manage to escape?" asked Lay.

"When I was in the cell, I discovered a new technique. I was so desperate, I was willing to try anything to escape and find Kai...so I realized wood is just another material made from earth. I practiced different forms and ways to bend it and after a while, I did it. I found the key to woodbending," said Tao.

"Whoa! Seriously?? Not even Toph Beifong could wood bend!" said Lay. Tao nodded.

"I can show you," he said as he walked up to a nearby tree. He lifted both of his hands towards the tree and closed his eyes. Slowly, the bark along the tree began to rise, chipping right off of the trunk. With a strong yank of both his hands, ripped the tree right up from the roots, leaving it hovering in the air. The tree dropped to the ground as Tao released his hold on it. Everyone was amazed, even Kyungsoo who was still grieving.

"Damn kid! That was freakin' awesome! You're really special, you know that?" Kai said with a wink and smile, causing Tao to blush. Tao rushed back over to him for another hug.

"I really missed you Kai...I was so scared," he whispered.

"It's okay, I'll protect you from now on, I promise. No one's gonna touch or harm you ever again," said Kai. As the two of them continued to hug eachother, Lay looked back at Kyungsoo.

"Kyungsoo? Are you alright?" he asked, noticing his boyfriend's been very quiet.

"Hm? Oh um yeah I'm fine..sorry.." he said.

"It's okay, but I think it's time you go into the Spirit World. I'm worried that my tribe and family may be in danger. We have to hurry," said Lay.

"You're right. I can't keep sulking, it's about time to strike back," said Kyungsoo.

"Aw yea, confident Soo is back!" Kai said giving a small fist pump. Kyungsoo gave a small smile and sat down to cross his legs.

"Do you want me to go and find Sehun?" asked Lay.

"That's okay, I think I'm ready to do this on my own," said Kyungsoo. Lay smiled and leaned down to kiss his boyfriend's forehead.

"Okay, I love you," he said.

"I love you too," said Kyungsoo. Everyone remained quiet as Kyungsoo closed his eyes and pressed his fists together in meditation. After a few moments, Kyungsoo's eyes began to glow, meaning that he had crossed over to the Spirit World.

"Alright, he's in the Spirit World now," said Lay.

"So what now?" asked Kai.

"We wait," Lay said as he sat down beside Kyungsoo's body.

"So what about Chen? If Soo finds Azula and takes her out, does that mean that Chen returns back to normal?" asked Kai.

"I'm assuming so. He probably will have no idea what's going on, but the sooner we get to Republic City, the sooner we can stop Soo's father," said Lay. He then pulled out a chisel and stone from the inside of his coat, starting to carve shapes into the stone.

"What are you doing?" Kai asked.

"I'm carving. Can you please go away? I need concentration. I can't mess this up," said Lay. Kai rolled his eyes.

"Whatever loser. Come on Tao let's take a walk," Kai said as he grabbed Tao's hand and pulled him away.

The two of them were walking hand in hand, Kai didn't even realize it. Tao on the other hand was blushing and smiling, looking down at their interlaced hands.

"I should've never let them keep you there," said Kai.

"It's okay, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't want to have an annoying kid like me around," said Tao.

"Nah, you're not annoying...well sometimes, but I like you kid. You're strong and smart, just a little timid though. I promised I would take care of you at the festival and I haven't been doing a good job," said Kai.

"Well, I'm happy that I'm here with you now," Tao replied with a smile. "Thank you for being so kind to me, you've made me feel better than I have in eight years." Tao said as he stopped walking. Kai stopped as well, noticing their connected hands. He brushed Tao's cheek softly and smiled. Tao couldn't help himself any longer. He stood on his toes and connected their lips together, completely surprising Kai. Tao quickly pulled away, feeling embarassed about what he had just done.

"I-I'm sorry..." he said with his head down. Kai stared at the younger for quite some time.

"Come here," he said pulling Tao into his arms, being the one the initiate the kiss this time. Their lips naturally slid across one another, eachother. Tao blushed hard as he felt Kai's tongue slide against his lips. They kissed until they barely had any breath left in them. Kai slowly pulled away, rubbing Tao's cheeks with both hands.

"I-I-I've been wanting to do that for so long..." Tao studdered, voice cracking.

"I had a feeling you did," Kai said with a smirk.

 

 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes and looked around to see many spirits floating along peacefully. He stood to his feet, eager to get down to business. He could feel negative energy coming from the northern plains. He squinted his eyes and sprinted in that direction. He had no idea what he would do when he encountered Azula's spirit, but he was determined in finishing this and avenging his grandfather's death. As he approached, he could hear psychotic laughter faintly, causing him to briefly pause.

"I'm not afraid of you, Azula," he said aloud.

"Well I'm glad to hear you say that!" said a voice very familiar to Kyungsoo. He slowly turned around and saw his grandpa standing there with a wide smile on his face.

"G-Grandpa...?" Kyungsoo choked out as tears ran down his face.

"Now that wasn't the reaction I was expecting, I thought you would be happy to see me! Not crying!" Grandpa chuckled. Kyungsoo sprinted towards Grandpa, stumbling nearly tripping along the way. He threw his arms around Grandpa and cried as Grandpa hugged him back tightly, chuckling.

"H-How are you...h-how did you...I-I-I can't believe it's really you!" Kyungsoo cried.

"It's me alright, I figured, why not live in the Spirit World where I can have tea and play all of the paisho I like? And I figured since my grandson is the avatar, I would see him from time to time," said Grandpa.

"I was so hurt when you...it still hurts Grandpa...I need you.."

"Silly boy! You don't need me, I can see that you're well looked after. Your boyfriend and your friends love you very much and I know that you will live a happy life with them. We won't be living in the same world anymore, Kyungsoo, but I'll always be here in the Spirit World when and if you wish to speak with me," Grandpa replied with a smile. Kyungsoo wiped his tears away.

"R-Really?" he said.

"Of course my boy. Now listen carefully, if you want to stop Azula's spirit, you will have to throw her into the fog of lost souls," said Grandpa.

"What's that?"

"It is where all bad spirits are banished to. Once a spirit is in there, the fog slowly begins to make them lose their mind and they'll never find their way out."

"But Grandpa, I think Azula's lost her mind a long time ago," said Kyungsoo. Grandpa threw his head back with a loud hoot of laughter, causing the other to smile and laugh as well.

"True, but she will never be able to find her way out or think clearly, meaning she will never be able to gain possession over that young bender," said Grandpa.

"I see. I heard her laughter so she must be nearby."

"Then now's the time, Kyungsoo."

"But Grandpa, how exactly do I get her in there? I can't bend in here."

"Use your spiritual power to guide her spirit there. It's something only the avatar can do, and remember Kyungsoo I'm always here if you need me," Grandpa said as he began walking the other way.

"Grandpa wait!"

"You have to do this alone Kyungsoo!"

"Oh..okay then um.." Before Kyungsoo could say anything else, Grandpa had already disappeared. Kyungsoo felt much more confident now that he knew his grandfather's spirit was at peace. It gave him the push to move forward. He took a deep breath and closed his eyes. He could feel Azula's tainted energy around him. He spread his feet apart as he moved his arms around conjuring up his spiritual energy. He could feel  his positive flow taking over his surrounding, slowly pushing all negative energy away. It wasn't too long after that he heard Azula's voice, screaming as her spirit plunged into the depths of the fog. Kyungsoo brought his hands back to center and took another deep breath, opening his eyes. The negative energy he felt in the spirit world was now gone, and so was Azula.