Refuge to Republic City

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

A lightning storm. A massive one at that. Severe enough to destroy most of the Southern Water Tribe, and that it did. Many tents were burned to the ground as well as igloos and other small homes. The fire from the lightning bolts were melting the thick tundra slowly but surely. This was unlike any story the Water Tribe has ever faced. Even though they had strong master waterbenders, they were still no match for mother nature herself.

"Everyone remain calm!!" shouted Suho. The state of panic had overthrown the tribe as many were injured due to large ice blocks falling as they were cracked. Thankfully, no one was killed.

"What are we going to do?? Surely the ice will melt and we'll have nowhere to rebuild our civilization!" shouted a woman.

"What will our children eat??? We have nothing left! Our house is rubble!!" shouted another. Various other complaints and issues were shouted our, overlapping one another until Suho heard nothing but a massive crowd.

"SILENCE!!! Listen up! I understand that this is a serious matter and there's nothing we can do to stop the ice from cracking. I think it'd be best if we evacuated," said Suho. Everyone was silent when he spoke but broke back out into shouts. "Where would we go!?!" they shouted. 

Just then, a sky bison was spotted in the sky, catching the attention of most of the Water Tribe. The bison landed near Suho and Kyungsoo and Lay hopped off from the saddle.

"It's Yixing!!" shouted Xiumin.

"And the avatar!!" shouted others.

"Thank goodness you're all alright. I was scared out of my mind!" Lay said as he hugged his parents and brother.

"We're alright, but I wish I could say the same for the South Pole. We really took a hit and now it looks like we may be out of a home," said Suho. Lay's eyes widened as he looked around, seeing all the damage that had been done, and also that the ice was dripping and constantly cracking.

"It's breaking apart. We won't have any stable land to live on," said Xiumin. Just then, Kyungsoo hopped back on the bison and stood up to grab everyone's attention.

"Everyone! Listen! I have a suggestion to your problem. It's obvious that it's not safe if you stay here. It would be best if you allwere to take refuge in Republic City until further notice," said Kyungsoo. There were debates going around the group of people, but eventually, they all agreed for their own safety.

"We have enough boats to get everyone there, so if you all will form an orderly line by the bay, we can begin the evacuation!" said Suho. Everyone obeyed and began to move.

"Luhan, go ahead and get in line for the boat, I need to speak with my brother," said Xiumin, but Luhan clung onto Xiumin refusing to separate. He gave him a desperate face which told Xiumin that he wanted nothing more than to stay with him.

"It's okay Xiumin, we need to talk to Luhan too," said Lay, noticing Luhan's expression. Xiumin nodded and held Luhan close to him. Luhan hated being apart from Xiumin. He was always afraid something would happen to him. He was afraid Hama would find a way to dig inside him once he was alone, which he constantly had nightmares about.

"Well originally we were planning to come here to make sure Chen never came back, so is everything alright with you Luhan? He hasn't come here right? Or tried to get in contact with you?" asked Kyungsoo. Luhan shook his head.

"No...I'm not working with him anymore so please don't make it seem that way.." he said.

"Oh no I didn't mean it that way, I just thought maybe he would try to get you back since you're a bloodbender," said Kyungsoo. Luhan shivered at the word bloodbender. He hated what we he was. Xiumin immediately jumped to his defense.

"Kyungsoo don't call him that. He hates it," said Xiumin. Xiumin hugged his quivering boyfriend tight, then kissed his forehead.

"I'm sorry I didn't know," Kyungsoo said regretfully.

"It's okay. So how did you guys find out about the lightning storm?" asked Xiumin.

"Well my friend Sehun heard it on the radio. We were worried that it may have had something to do with Chen. Are you sure he hasn't been here?"

"I'm positive. I would've known. Luhan and I have been together ever since."

"That's a relief. It's too bad about the tribe though, but maybe we'll get to see eachother more often since we'll be in Republic City," said Lay.

"Yeah you're right about that. I know that dad's really stressed right now. He spent years of hardwork making this tribe what it was, and now it's gone," said Xiumin.

"Well, there's no use dwelling on it. You two should head to the boats before they're all filled up. We'll see you guys at Republic City," said Lay. Xiumin nodded then held Luhan's hand as they walked to the lines.

"I'm sorry about your home, Lay," Kyungsoo said sadly as he took Lay's hand into his own. Lay gave a weak smile.

"Hey it's okay. Stuff like this happens and it can't be helped,"he said, leaning down to kiss Kyungsoo on the cheek. "As long as I'm with you, I am home. You're my everything now."

Kyungsoo blushed and shoved his head into Lay's chest to hide his face. "What are you doing?" Lay asked chuckling.

"I don't want you to see me blushing. My face is litereally a tomato right now," Kyungsoo mumbled into Lay's chest.

"You're so cute when you're nervous," Lay said wrapping his arms around the younger pulling their bodies closer together.

"HEY CAN WE GET GOING??? IT'S COLD AS FU---AAAACHOOOO!!!" shouted Kai from the bison saddle.

"Uh oh, we'd better hurry and get out of here before Kai catches another fever," said Kyungsoo. Just then, more ice began to crack under the bison's feet.

"Kyungsoo come on! We should go!!" shouted Sehun. Kyungsoo and Lay hopped back onto the bison. Sehun yip yipped and they flew in the direction of Republic City.

 

Upon arrival to Republic City, Kyungsoo decided to speak with the mayor about the incoming Water Tribe nation to make sure it would be okay. Kyungsoo, Kai and Lay walked into the palace and was directed to the mayor's office.

"We are honored to have you visit us, Avatar Kyungsoo and companions. Please right this way. The mayor's door is just down this hall," said one of the guards. Kyungsoo smiled and bowed to thank him. Once they were at the door, Kyungsoo knocked and shortly heard a "come in." They entered to see the mayor at a table with a few other people. They were all having afternoon tea.

"Ah, Avatar Kyungsoo please sit! And your friends too!" said the mayor.

"Thank you sir," Kyungsoo said as he Kai and Lay sat at the table. The servant immediately poured them cups of tea. At the table was another middle aged man, a woman and a younger boy who seemed to be a teenager.

"Oh let me introduce you. This is my wife, that's my brother and this is my son, Tao. And you can just call me Mayor Huang," said the mayor. Everyone at the table greeted them, except for the boy, Tao. He kept his eyes down at his teacup. "Don't mind Tao, he's just really shy. He's not good at meeting new people or making friends at that matter. The only thing he's good at is metalbending," said Mayor Huang.

"He's a metalbender? That's cool! Are you a master?" Kyungsoo excitedly asked, but Tao kept his eyes low, on his teacup and didn't answer. He picked up his teacup and put it up to his face to hide behind it. His hand shook as he took a fake sip.

Mayor Huang rolled his eyes at his son. "So tell me avatar, what brings you here today?" he asked.

"Well actually, I'm here to make a request. As I'm sure you've heard, the Southern Water Tribe's home was destroyed by a massive lightning storm," said Kyungsoo. The mayor nodded as he sipped his tea.

"Yes, I am aware. Such a shame," he said.

"I should've come to ask permission first but I was worried for the people of the Water Tribe so I went there first and told them to come here. I just wanted to make sure that it was okay if they could take refuge here until they figure out what to do and where to go," said Kyungsoo. The mayor quickly stopped sipping his tea and put his cup down.

"Hmmm well couldn't they go to their sister tribe? The Northern Water Tribe?" asked the mayor.

"Well, the Northern Water Tribe is heavily populated. There's no way they would take the entire Southern Tribe, there's just not enough space," said Lay.

"Ah, I see. Hmm well I am a man of reason. I suppose the people of the Southern Water Tribe can stay here until they rebuild their nation," said Mayor Huang.

"That'd be great sir! Thank you so much!!" said Kyungsoo.

"Yes thank you, this means a lot to my family and tribe," said Lay. The mayor smiled and nodded then turned to look at Kyungsoo.

"However I do have one condition, Avatar Kyungsoo," he said.

"What is it?"

"I would like you to take my son under your wing. Try to get him out of his shell. Seeing as you have many friends, I would like for my son to make friends and enjoy life. He always keeps to himself and never really interacts with anyone. His shyness I'm afraid is giving him a human contact phobia," said the mayor. Kyungsoo gave a smile and nodded.

"Not a problem sir, don't worry! We'll get him out of his shell," he said.

"Just as long as he ain't high maintenancem," said Kai. Kyungsoo glared at him.

"Kai!" he snarled. Kai looked at him and shrugged.

"I'm just sayin. We ain't babysitters," he said. Lay face palmed and Kyungsoo kicked him from under the table, causing him to howl in pain.

"I'm sorry about him Mayor Huang! He's from the colonies so they don't really teach them manners," said Kyungsoo. The mayor chuckled.

"Don't worry about it at all. I trust you will enjoy your stay and stay as long as you need to. The same goes for the Water Tribe," he said. Kyungsoo stood and bowed, then turned to Tao.

"I hope we can become friends, Tao!" he said, hoping to get a reaction or at least eye contact. However, Tao's head remained low and his eyes never met Kyungsoo's.

"Well, how about we try for tomorrow then?" said the mayor.

"Yeah that's fine. We'll come back in the morning!" said Kyungsoo.

"That would be splendid, thank you very much Avatar Kyungsoo!" The three of them bowed then left the palace.

"That guy seriously has issues. I don't wanna friggin hang around him," said Kai.

"Come on Kai, we have to give him a chance! We just have to be really friendly," said Kyungsoo.

"Yeah, he probably grew up without anyone to talk to so he's probably just lonely," said Lay.

"Well I ain't tryin to hard, you guys to do that but I'm gonna keep it real," Kai said as he folded his arms.

"If you say so," said Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

--------------------------------------------------------------

A/N: Hey guys! Sorry it's been a few days since I updated, I started writing two new fanfictions so now I'm writing five stories at a time. What have i gotten myself into O_O more excitement to come!!