Forgiven

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

Kai sat in the middle of the sky bison gardens, still fuming. He didn't want to hurt any of the animals so he tried to calm down.

"Ya know, sitting here isn't going to solve anything," Kris said walking up behind him. Kai turned around and gave his most fierce glare of death.

"If you don't wanna die I suggest you leave me alone. I'm not in the mood and I really might kill someone," he gritted through his teeth. However, Kris was not phased by this. He didn't to sit down beside Kai, but not too close.

"I know how you feel. It really hurt me when I found out that he had slept with the both of you. I thought I'd be his only one, I wanted to be, but I screwed up and there's nothing I can do now. It's my fault that he did what he did. I messed him up and take full responsibility. He's hurt more now than ever, even more than when I broke up with him," said Kris.

"I don't ing care. I don't give a damn about him anymore," said Kai.

"Yes you do. Don't lie to yourself. You said you loved him, and from the way I saw it, you really cared about him. Something like that can never go away, trust me I know. I lied to Kyungsoo and myself, telling him he was worthless and that I didn't love him, and it hurt me. I know you hate me and I'm not exactly fond of you but don't make the same mistake I did. Just be there for him, show him you care. He needs you, he's so fragile on the inside because he's been through so much,"

"I know. Yeah I still care about him..." Kai said sighing. "Damn it, I never thought you of all people would be giving this speech. I thought for sure it'd be Sehun."

"I just don't want him to experience pain all over again, especially from what I did. You guys were best friends before all of this, so go be a best friend if you can't be a lover."

"Alright fine. Thanks ," Kai said standing up and heading out of the garden.

 

 

Kyungsoo and Lay walked out of the temple. "So what should we do now?" asked Kyungsoo.

"Well, from the looks of it, I'd say it's just you and me now," said Lay.

"But...what about Kai?" said Kyungsoo.

"He seemed really angry. I honestly couldn't believe he said those things to you. I was mad too but I never would've said that to you. I think it's best if you train a little more with Sehun, then if you want we can go to Republic City," said Lay.

"But...how will I finish learning firebending? Not to mention he's my best friend..." Kyungsoo sighed. Lay stood in front of Kyungsoo and put his hands on his shoulders, looking into his eyes.

"Hey, don't worry, we'll find you another teacher, okay?" he said. Kyungsoo gave a sad look then nodded.

"Well, I'll go and find Sehun. Let's meet back up here later okay?" he said. Lay nodded and gave Kyungsoo a peck on the cheek. Kyungsoo rushed off, looking around to find Sehun when he heard someone calling his name. He turned to see Kai. He suddenly felt scared, afraid of Kai's next words to him.

"I'm sorry," said Kai. Kyungsoo blinked dumbfoundedly staring at him.

"What?? No Kai if anyone should apologize it's me! I'm so sorry I never wanted to hurt you especially when you've been nothing but good to me. I completely understand that you hate me and never want to see my face again," Kyungsoo said.

"Look, I overreacted. I didn't mean the things I said and I'm sorry. I just kind of spat them out in anger, you know how I am," said Kai. "You were confused and you just weren't at the right place, also the first time we had after I confessed to you, I kinda forced myself on you and for that I'm sorry too. I don't want to lose you as a friend because I still care about you and I can't just abandon you when you need me the most. I still want help you, if you aren't mad at me for everything I said to you." Kyungsoo smiled out of relief and gained tears, running to Kai to hug him.

"Thank you Kai, I really need my best friend," he said. Kai smiled and hugged back.

"Okay, from now on I'm going to tell you nothing but the truth, and as I start, I thought I should tell you this. When I was learning to control the avatar state, I had to look deep within myself and I finally found the answer I was looking for. I felt like I was torn between you Lay and Kris. I realize that it was neither Kris, nor you. My heart told me that Lay was the one. He's the one I truly love. I just wanted to be honest with you," said Kyungsoo.

Kai nodded his head. "Okay, that's fine. I'll get over you," he said flashing a smirk. "But you don't know what you're missing out on. Do you see these abs?" Kai said lifting his shirt, causing Kyungsoo to laugh.

"I'm really lucky to have you in my life," said Kyungsoo. Just then, Lay saw them and walked up to them.

"Is everything okay here?" Lay asked looking at Kyungsoo in concern.

"Everything's fine. Kai and I worked everything out," Kyungsoo said smiling, then wrapping his arms around Lay's neck.

"Hey water boy, you better take good care of him, or I'll beat your ," said Kai. Lay stared at him for a moment then smiled.

"So you forgave him?" he asked.

"Yeah, he's my best friend. Best friends can get through like this," said Kai.

"I'm actually relieved. I would've missed arguing with you," Lay replied with a smile.

"Teh. Don't get all soft on me. Seal jerky eatin' ," said Kai with a smirk.

"Okay guys, I think I may be ready to finally stand up to Chen," said Kyungsoo.

"Are you sure? Don't you think you should have more practice?" Lay said, still holding Kyungsoo in his arms.

"Yes I do need more practice, but the more I wait, the more Azula's spirit torments him," said Kyungsoo.

"You're going to have to free Chen's spirit from Azula's," said Kris as he soon joined them. "You have to go into the spirit world to do that."

"How do you know that?" asked Kyungsoo.

"I read a lot of books about the Avatar and the Spirit World after you left Ba Sing Se. I thought maybe I could help you if you studied," Kris replied. "It won't be easy though, and you could die in the process." Kyungsoo gulped, but remained calm.

"It's okay. I'm not afraid anymore. I'm not running away from this. I'll do what ever it takes, even if it costs me my life," he said. Lay placed his hand on Kyungsoo's cheek, turning his head to face him then leaned down to kiss him on lips, tilting his head, not missing a single corner of Kyungsoo's mouth as he plunged his lips against the younger's, softly everywhere he kissed.

"You've really grown Kyungsoo. I'm so proud of you. I promise I'll never leave you. I'll be here by your side to help you. I love you Kyungsoo, and...I want to be with you too, so don't even think about dying, okay? said Lay. Kyungsoo's heart fluttered, and this time he knew it was for real. He knew he was in love with Lay and he knew he was truly the one.

"Laaay, you're gonna make me cry again.." Kyungsoo said tearing up and pouting. Lay laughed and kissed him again.

"Alright enough PDA. I'm seriously gonna throw up," said Kai. "Soo, I'll be here for you too okay?" Kyungsoo chuckled and nodded. 

"So, how do we find Chen?" Kyungsoo asked Kris.

"I'm not sure. I don't know where he is, I thought you guys would," Kris replied.

"No, the place we saw him was the South Pole when he got away. I'm actually surprised he hasn't showed up again," said Lay.

"Probably because he'd be all alone again without Luhan and he knows we'd kick his ," said Kai crossing his arms.

"Maybe we should get everyone to evacuate the South Pole then.." said Kris.

"Why?" said Kyungsoo.

"You said that water tribe guy was a bloodbender and was manipulated right? Maybe he hasn't come after you because he went after him," said Kris. The three of them gasped.

"There's no way...my dad would stop him for sure...and so would my brother," said Lay.

"KYUNGSOO!!!!!!!!!" Sehun screamed flying towards him on his air scooter.

"Sehun what is it??" shouted Kyungsoo.

"Something's happening in the Southern Water Tribe!! There are news reports through the radio! We've got to get there fast! Come on! Get on the bison!!"