Can I Keep You Forever?

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

Kyungsoo swallowed and took a deep breath as he headed over to Kai. He felt himself getting nervous as he got closer. Kai was laying in the sand with his shirt off and arms behind his head. He looked around to see if Lay was around. No sign of him. He probably wanted to be as far away from Kai as possible, Kyungsoo thought. With another deep breath, Kyungsoo approached Kai.

"Kai?" Kyungsoo said in a cracked voice. Why am I so nervous? Kai opened his eyes and sat up quickly when he saw Kyungsoo. "Um Kai we really need to talk. I'm sorry I've been holding it off and even more sorry for the way I've been acting towards you," said Kyungsoo. Kai quickly stood up and hugged Kyungsoo tight.

"No, don't be sorry, Soo. It's me who should be apologizing. I shouldn't have taken advantage of you like that. I feel terrible and I hate that it's affecting our friendship. I wanted to just go for it, take a risk and pour my heart out to you by showing you how much I love you. I've wanted to make love to you for years now. I've never been one with words so I'd try to play it cool. Saying 'I love you' to someone isn't really something I was ever fond of, but I knew you were worth it, so I went out of my comfort zone," said Kai. Dang, Kyungsoo thought. Originally he came to tell Kai that it would never happen between them because he's , well he wouldn't have worded it like that directly, but Kyungsoo's heart was fragile and didn't want to take any chances. Yet once again, Kyungsoo found himself speechless by Kai's words and his warm embrace.

"I-I..."

"It's okay, Soo. I know you haven't gotten over that douche yet so I'll wait until then, okay? I love you baby," Kai said as he leaned in to capture Kyungsoo's lips with his own. A soft, deep meaningful kiss. When he broke it, he smiled at Kyungsoo and started to walk away. Kyungsoo stood there blushing, dumbfounded once again.

"Damn it. Why did he have to say all that?" Kyungsoo said to himself.

 

"Baekhyun?" Sehun called softly as he poked a sleeping Baekhyun's cheek with his index finger. Baekhyun twitched then slapped the finger away, turning on his side in the opposite direction. Sehun pouted and began to tickle Baekhyun's sides. He knew how ticklish Baekhyun was. He giggled uncontrollably as Baekhyun squirmed around like a worm, then he quickly jumped up.

"!" Baekhyun yelled. Sehun quickly stopped giggling.

"Sorry, it was funny," he said pouting, trying to hold back a smile. Baekhyun rolled his eyes and patted Sehun's head.

"Stupid kid," he said with a smile.

"Did you sleep well? You must have been pretty tired and I know you're probably hungry too, so I brought you some lychee nuts!" Sehun said smiling and holding his palm out with the nuts in it.

"Well my sleep was good until a certain someone decided to wake me up, and why would bring me that crap? I don't wanna eat no damn nuts," said Baekhyun.

"But Baekhyun, lychee nuts are really healthy and good for your body, especially benders. It provides nutrients which opens our chi and allows the energy to---" Sehun was cut off when Baekhyun grabbed his head and forced him into a deep kiss. Sehun immediately kissed back, allowing Baekhyun's tongue to enter his mouth, colliding with his own. Their tongues rubbed eachother softly and passionately, as their lips still smashed against one another's. Baekhyun slowly pulled away leaving a whimpering whiney Sehun who didn't want the kiss to end. Baekhyun chuckled at the adorable boy.

"You're so cute when you give speeches I don't give a damn about," he said caressing his cheek against Sehun's. He then kissed the boy's forehead and stood up. "Seriously though, go find me something else to eat."

Sehun smiled and blushed, but didn't say a word. He climbed to his feet and embraced Baekhyun, resting his head on Baekhyun's chest. Baekhyun hugged back without any objections. He rubbed Sehun's back gently.

"I said go find me something else to eat," he said softly, but never let Sehun go.

 

 

Kyungsoo wandered along the shoreline of the island, deep in his thoughts, back at square one. When Kai hugged Kyungsoo before, even with his shirt off, he never felt flustered or nervous, but now that he knows Kai's feelings, his heart races every time. I can't like Kai. He's my best friend, besides, I never wanna date again. I never wanna love someone again and risk getting hurt. Kyungsoo was so deep in thought that he hadn't realized that Lay had appeared in front of him.

"Soo?"

"Huh? Oh hey Lay."

"Are you okay? You're kinda just walking aimlessly."

"Yeah I'm fine. Just a long day of airbending training. Hey look what I can do!" Kyungsoo said as he bended an air gust from his palm.

"Cool, you're an airbender now, that's great! But...you haven't been yourself since yesterday. I'm really starting to worry about you," Lay said as he grabbed his hand. "Are you positive you're okay? Tell the truth."

Kyungsoo felt terrible. He hated lying to his best friend but he knew all hell would break loose if Lay found out he slept with Kai.

"I'm positive everything's okay, so don't worry alright?" Kyungsoo said squeezing Lay's hand. Lay didn't look convinced, but he decided to take Kyungsoo's word for it. He pulled the younger into a tight hug and kissed the top of his head gently. Kyungsoo always felt comfortable in Lay's arms as well as safe. He didn't know what he'd do without him.

"So when are you gonna let me start teaching you waterbending?" Lay asked as he rested his chin on top of Kyungsoo's head, still embracing him.

"Well, since airbending is going so well, maybe we can head for the Southern Water Tribe soon," Kyungsoo said with sparkling eyes. Lay smiled.

"I can't wait to take you back home with me. Do you know how much time I spent thinking of you when I moved there? Being with you now is surreal. Can I keep you forever?" he said.

"Yes please kidnap me from the rest of the world. I may be the avatar but people still treat me like dirt," said Kyungsoo.

"Why do you say that?" Lay asked frowning.

"All my life my parents told me I belonged in the slums. They said I was embarrassing them. Kris told me I was trash and just was fooling around with me. Even Kai's villagers hate me. Sometimes I just wanna crawl in a hole deep beneath the earth and cry for the rest of my life, but I have more dignity than that. I'm glad I at least have my grandpa and friends like you, Kai and now Sehun," said Kyungsoo resting in Lay's embrace. Lay remained silent. Kyungsoo had never opened up about how he truly felt towards his parents' practical disownment. Kyungsoo always seemed as if he didn't care for his parents, but now Lay sees that it's hurting him.

Lay lifted Kyungsoo's chin up, directing his eyes towards his. "Kyungsoo...I promise you'll never be alone again," he said in a deep, serious voice. Without thinking, Lay leaned in softly kissed Kyungsoo's lips. Lay poured all his love in that kiss, which lasted for more than thirty seconds. When he finally drew back, his dimpled smile formed upon his face, then slowly disappeared after he realized what he did. Kyungsoo looked up at Lay with confused eyes.

"I'm sorry I um you just seemed so down, I couldn't help it," said Lay. Before Kyungsoo could responde, he noticed a black ship heading towards the coast. It was obviously a Fire Nation ship due to the design and the insignia on the flag. 

"Who's that? What the hell is a fire navy ship doing here?" said Lay. Kyungsoo's eyes widened.

"Sehun!! Baekhyun!!" Kyungsoo shouted. The ship stopped on the sand and a man in black clothing jumped off deck. No...

Kai rushed over upon hearing Kyungsoo's screams. When he saw the man, his eyes widened.

"What the hell how did he find us????" He shouted.

"We need to get out of here, he'll destroy the temple!" said Lay.

"No, I'm tired of this guy always getting away," Kyungsoo said as he took of charging towards the man.

"Kyungsoo!!" Kai and Lay shouted simultaneously. Kyungsoo stopped right in front of the man, looking him in the eye.

"Who are you?? How did you find us here??" He yelled.

"Hello Avatar Kyungsoo. My name is Chen and I am here to kill you," the man said sending a fire blast Kyungsoo's way. Kyungsoo redirected it tried to earthbend but realized he was on sand. Kai and Lay rushed over to attack when they saw the fire blast. Kai pounded several fire punches from midair as he pounced like a protective tiger. Lay bended up water from the sea and sent it Chen's way, knocking him off his feet.

"I dare you to throw another blast at Kyungsoo you son of a ! I swear I'll roast you alive," Kai threatened throwing out more angry fire blasts. Chen gathered lightning and prepared to shoot it, but then Kyungsoo sent him hurdling towards the ocean with a gust of his new airbending. Now that he was in the ocean, Lay gave a satisfied smirk, he moved his arms around in a tai chi pattern, bending water left and right around Chen, forming a giant ball of water, which he then turned to ice, entrapping him.

"Gotcha," Lay said satisfied. 

"Annoying peasants," Chen said as he began heating the ball, then burst out of it retreating to his ship. The others tried to stop him before he took off but Chen shot a spark of lightning to the ground, sending it bursting in flames in front of them, preventing them from going any further.

"YEAH YOU BETTER RUN YOU PUNK !!! COME BACK HERE AND I'LL FRY YA!!!!!!!!!" Kai yelled as the ship sailed away.

"Are you okay, Kyungsoo?" asked Lay.

"That guy...he said his name was Chen...and that he was here to kill me," said Kyungsoo.

"What is he an assassin or something?" asked. Kai.

"I don't know. Could be," Kyungsoo said shrugging.

"Well if he follows us again, we'll be ready for him," said Lay.

 

 

 

"The Avatar's friends are a nuisance. I cannot kill the boy when they keep interfering," Chen said aloud.

"Then find a partner. In fact, there's a boy in the Southern Water tribe who has abilities that could benefit you.." 

"Very well. It will make my task less difficult. I will recruit the boy."