Connections

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

The sun was setting and Kyungsoo decided to sit in his favorite spot to watch it. The spot he and his grandfather always watched it together. He wanted to be alone for a little while to get some peace of mind. He didn't tell neither Lay or Kai where he was going, so they were probably worried sick. But they'll live, Kyungsoo thought.

"Well well well, I didn't expect to see you here," said a familiar voice. Kyungsoo turned around and saw his grandpa walking towards him. He smiled and sprung to hug the old man.

"Grandpa!! I missed you so much," said Kyungsoo. Grandpa chuckled and hugged back.

"Not so tight, these ol' bones don't work like they used to," Grandpa joked.

"Yeah right, Grandpa. You're the strongest earthbender I know," said Kyungsoo. The both of them then sat down to watch the sunset together just like old times.

"So, why'd you come back?" asked Grandpa.

"Because I wanted to see you. I told you I would visit, didn't I?" said Kyungsoo.

"You have a lot on your mind don't you?" Grandpa could always see right through Kyungsoo and Kyungsoo was aware of this.

"Yeah. And I mean A LOT. So much has happened in these past two months, Grandpa. I'm so confused and scared," said Kyungsoo.

"Go on. I'm listening," said Grandpa. Kyungsoo smiled. He knew that grandpa would always listen to his problems and help him find a solution.

"Well, I'm sure you've heard about the incidents that's been going on. There's an assassin after me, and when we were at the South Pole...he was just so ruthless. Now I know he has unnatural strength because he's being possessed by Princess Azula's angry spirit. Did Avatar Korra or Aang deal with stuff like this, Grandpa?" said Kyungsoo.

"Why of course! The avatar is the bridge between the physical world and the spirit world," said Grandpa.

"But...I thought that connection was broken? Didn't Korra lose connections with the spirits?"

"It's true she did, but she found a way to rekindle that connection. If she didn't, then you wouldn't be the avatar now would you?"

"Then how come I don't feel any spiritual connections with any of the past avatars?"

"It's because you haven't attempted to connect with them. You may think they are gone, but they live inside of you. Have you ever tried to go into the Avatar State?"

Kyungsoo's eyes widened. "Well..I never tried because I thought it would just come natural..I guess that's not the case huh?"

"It's different for every avatar depending on their personality. Aang was more gentle, so his avatar state was brought on by rage. Korra was rough around the edges so it came natural to her, you get the picture," said Grandpa. "But in order to overcome your struggle, you must master the spiritual side of being the avatar too, only then will you be able to go into the avatar state and with that great power you can do unimaginable things, my boy." Kyungsoo nodded.

"Okay. I'll try to concentrate more on it. Thanks Grandpa," he said.

"That's not all that's troubling you, is it? What else is wrong?"

"Well um..." Kyungsoo studdered because he was hesitant to tell grandpa that he slept with his two best friends. "Um well, Kai and Lay both confessed to me that they were in love with me...and I kinda...had with them," he admitted. Grandpa's eyes widened. "It wasn't at the same time!! Kai confessed first and we yeah, then about a week later, Lay confessed to me at the South Pole and then yeah. I'm confused because I don't know what I feel. Kris broke me and possibly prevented me from loving again. I thought I could possibly let myself love again but how could I love one and hurt the other? They're both my best friends and honestly I don't regret sleeping with them anymore, and now that Kris appeared and wants to help...just seeing his face puts me back where I was...hollow inside," Kyungsoo sighed. Grandpa his beard.

"Love is never easy, but when the time is right, the one who will love you unconditionally for the rest of your life will unveil themselves before you. I know you're still hurt about Kris, but moving on is the first step to healing," said Grandpa.

"I tried to move on, I am trying. Kai and Lay were really helping me forget as well...but I guess it just wasn't enough," Kyungsoo said hiding his face in his knees. Grandpa rubbed Kyungsoo's back and stood up.

"You're a smart boy Kyungsoo. I know you'll do the right thing and make the right choice. You said you don't believe in love anymore, but your two best friends love you with every last breath in them. I've seen the way they look at you and the way they defend you. You are very fortunate to have them," he said smiling then began walking down the hill. Kyungsoo looked back at him walking away, then turned back to the sunset and sighed.

"Is...that really true?" said a voice coming from behind him. Kyungsoo turned around to see Kris standing behind him. He instantly scowled and turned back around.

"What were you eavesdropping?? How much did you hear?" he asked.

"I heard everything. I was worried about you so I came to check on you, but I knew you wouldn't want to talk to me so I just hid by that tree over there," said Kris.

"Well yeah I really want to be alone and I especially don't want any company from you, so please leave," said Kyungsoo.

"You had with both of your friends?" Kris asked with a sad expression. Kyungsoo jumped up and turned around.

"Yes I did! So what?? Why do you care!?? Why are you trying to come back into my life when you said I wasn't good enough for you?? You played me!!" he yelled.

"I have something to tell you. I never told you the real reason I broke up with you because I couldn't," Kris said as he sat down in the grass. Kyungsoo stood looking down at him.

"You said you broke up with me because I was trash and you just used me for ," said Kyungsoo tearing up.

"No, that wasn't the real reason. I lied. If I were just using you I wouldn't of let it go on for a year. Sit down," Kris sat patting the grass beside him. Kyungsoo slowly sat down and scooted away from Kris.

"Then spit it out. Why did you say those things?" asked Kyungsoo.

"My parents. They hated the fact that I was with you. They wanted me to cut all ties with you and I had no choice. It was hard for me to do it because I loved you so much...and I still do Kyungsoo. My feelings for you never changed...and I said those things so you'd hate me because I hated myself for doing it," said Kris. Kyungsoo remained silent.

"You're pathetic. If you really loved me you would've gone against your parents. I would've done that for you. But no, you're selfish and only thought about yourself and now you have your wish. I do hate you. And I never want to get back together with you. I'll let you help us because this is a serious matter and nothing more, so don't try anything," said Kyungsoo.

"I'll do anything to get you back, Kyungsoo. You were mine first and I'll be damned if I let anyone else have you. Tell me, do those two even know that you slept with them both?" said Kris. Kyungsoo's eyes widened as he glared strongly at Kris. "Oh so they don't? I wonder what they say when they found out," Kris said standing up. Kyungsoo jumped up and grabbed onto Kris to stop him from moving.

"No! No! Please don't say anything!!" he begged.

"Then kiss me," said Kris.

"What?"

"I just want one kiss," Kris said rubbing Kyungsoo's sides. Kyungsoo quickly jumped back and rubbed where Kris touched roughly.

"Don't touch me!! You're out of your mind!!! You know what, I was stupid to even let you help! Lay and Kai were right," Kyungsoo said turning away. Kris grabbed his wrist to stop him from going then pulled him into an embrace.

"I'm so sorry Kyungsoo. I love you so much," he whispered with his deep voice into Kyungsoo's ear. Kyungsoo's heart melted. He missed that touch, that voice...

"Let me go," he said softly. Kris slowly released his arms from Kyungsoo. "I don't care how you feel. I'll never return those feelings for as long as I live. I ask that you please don't say a word to Kai or Lay about me. If you even think about blackmailing me, that will make me hate you even more."

"Okay, I won't say anything. But, just answer one thing," said Kris.

"What."

"Were they better than me?" Kyungsoo grew silent for a while then sighed.

"Unlike you, they'd never hurt me and will always protect me before themselves," Kyungsoo snarled as he began walking then stopped.

"But the answer is...no," he reluctantly said then walked back to his grandpa's house, leaving Kris with a satisfied smirk.

 

 

"KYUNGSOO WHERE THE HELL HAVE YOU BEEN!?!?! DO YOU KNOW HOW WORRIED I WAS!?!?! DAMMIT DON'T JUST LEAVE FOR HOURS WITHOUT SAYING ANYTHING!!!!" Kai said tackle-hugging Kyungsoo as soon as he walked through the door. Kyungsoo hugged back tight.

"I just needed time alone to think, that's all. Don't worry so much Kai," he said smiling.

"Are you alright?" asked Lay. Kyungsoo nodded. Grandpa was brewing jasmine tea as always.

"How would you boys like some jasmine tea? It's delicious," he said.

"Grandpa makes the best jasmine tea," Kyungsoo said smiling, walking towards the table.

"Hey Soo, can I talk to you for a minute outside?" asked Lay.

"Um sure," Kyungsoo said following Lay outside. Lay closed the door after Kyungsoo. "What is it?" Kyungsoo asked.

"I just want to make sure. You aren't getting old feelings for Kris are you?"

"No! Not at all! I hate him, why would you even ask me?"

"I just wanted to know because I know you aren't completely over him and I don't want it to ruin things after you and I got closer back home," Lay said moving closer to Kyungsoo, rubbing his forearms gently.

"Don't worry, Lay. I'll never love him the way I did ever again. After he helps us beat Chen, then I'm kicking him out of my life for good," Kyungsoo said reassuring Lay. Lay gave a smile of relief and leaned in to kiss Kyungsoo slowly, lightly on his bottom lip, pulling him closer to his body.

"Lay.." Kyungsoo panted between kisses.

"I know I said I would wait but...I want you," Lay said as he kissed Kyungsoo even deeper. He began rubbing his hands down his body making soft moans draw from Kyungsoo's mouth into their kiss.

"Lay wait...n-not here," Kyungsoo moaned out. Lay broke the kiss and removed his hands.

"I'm sorry, Soo. I got a little carried away," he said rubbing the back of his head. Kyungsoo shook his head and grabbed Lay's hand, leading him to an empty shed a few feet away from the house. He closed and locked the door and threw his arms around Lay, initiating the kiss himself this time. A surprised Lay kissed back and quickly began removing his clothes, as well as Kyungsoo. They tried to keep their moans as quiet as possible. They had quickly so they wouldn't be questioned by their long absence. They hurried to put their clothes back on. Lay kissed Kyungsoo on the lips once more and his sides. "I love you so much, Soo," he said. Without another word, they hurried back inside the house.

 

-----------------------------------------------------------

A/N: So many subs and views!! You guys are awesome!! I really love writing this story (so much that I've temporarily abandoned my Kingdom Hearts story XD) and I hope you guys continue to enjoy!! :3 Thank you!!!!!