The Spirit World

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

"You're going back to Ba Sing Se."

"Excuse me? You wanna run that by me one more time?" Kyungsoo said from his cell.

"The Mayor doesn't want you tainting his son's reputation or destroying anything else in Republic City for that matter," replied Do Kang Soo.

"What about us?" asked Kai from the other cell.

"You will be joining them," Kang Soo stated firmly. He then unlocked both of the cells, allowing the four boys to exit. "My attendant will see that you get there without any troubles. Follow me." Kyungsoo was two seconds away from beding the ground beneath his father's feet to make him collapse into a hole, but Lay quickly stopped him and shook his head no.

Once they were out of the prison building, they were led to the docks where there was a man and a boat waiting for them. All of them began to board, but when Tao was about to enter, Kang Soo quickly stopped him.

"You're staying here, Tao. Your father wants you to stay in your room twenty four hours a day and seven days a week with no outside contact," he said.

"But...I wanna go with Kai," said Tao.

"Absolutely not. Your father forbids you from seeing this gang of troublemakers ever again," said Kang Soo. Tao looked back at Kai with a sad expression.

"It's okay Tao. I promise we'll meet back up somehow,"" said Kai. Tao kept staring at him, reluctant to leave. He tried to walk back towards the boat, but before he could, he was pulled back by Dai Li agents who jumped in out of nowhere.

"What the hell are Dai Li agents doing here??" said Kyungsoo.

"When I left Ba Sing Se, I brought a few with me. Their loyalty is quite astonishing, is it not? Enjoy the walls," Kang Soo said crossing his arms behind him. The man on the boat then released the rope, allowing the boat to drift away from the dock.

"!!" Kyungsoo shouted back towards his father.

"I hope Tao will be okay," said Kai as he looked back watching the Dai Li pull Tao in the direction of the palace.

"I'm sorry guys," Kyungsoo said sighing.

"Don't apologize baby, it's not your fault," said Lay rubbing Kyungsoo's arm. "If there's anyone to blame, it's Kai."

"Me!? You're the one who decided to attack the 'president' and got my Soo thrown in jail! I told you to take care of him!! But you're doing a ty job you dumb prick!" Kai barked.

"Well if you hadn't of been prancing around burning buildings down, then none of this wouldn't have happened! So when it comes down to it, you're the dumb prick here. Hot head ," Lay spat back.

"Guys stop fighting, please. It just doesn't make sense. That smug look on my dad's face...I have a feeling he wanted to  send us away deliberately, but I have no clue why," said Kyungsoo. Just then, they saw a flying object in the sky heading in their direction. Kyungsoo squinted his eyes as it got closer, trying to make out what it was. "Is that.." Baekhyun twirled his glider around above him as he landed on the boat. Luckily, Kang Soo's attendant's eyes were on the sea and his back turned as he steered, unaware of what was going on behind him.

"Baekhyun! What are you doing here??" asked Kai.

"I can't find Sehun...I can't find him anywhere..." Baekhyun said with sadness on his face and in his voice. His eyes also appeared puffy, as if he had been crying.

"What happened?" asked Lay. Baekhyun turned to look at Kyungsoo, who was glaring hardcore at him.

"H-He found out..." said Baekhyun.

"Found out what?" asked Kai.

"How?" Kyungsoo said giving the most demonic expression his face could produce.

"From Chanyeol..."

"I warned you didn't I? But did you listen? NO! And now you hurt Sehun even more than you have in the past," Kyungsoo said shaking his head.

"I wanted to tell him myself! But Chanyeol came out of nowhere and wouldn't shut up!"

"Don't blame Chanyeol!! You could've stopped him! You could've prevented it from happening but you didn't because you're a selfish !!" yelled Kyungsoo.

"I know...I'm selfish and I don't deserve to be loved by someone like Sehun..."

"Yeah yeah we know that already, but can you explain to me exactly what you guys are talking about?" said Kai.

"I know what I've done was horrible...but I'm worried about him. You're the avatar...and Sehun's really spiritual...so maybe you could find him..?" 

"Pfft. He's probably hiding from you because he doesn't want you to find him. And why would I help you when you stabbed my friend in the heart?" snotted Kyungsoo.

"Please..." Baekhyun begged in a broken voice as tears streamed down his face. Kyungsoo's facial expression lightened up a bit, then he sighed.

"Okay fine, but first we need to get to Ba Sing Se. It's my first time going into the Spirit World so I'll probably need my Grandpa's help," he said.

"Thank you so much," Baekhyun said in a hoarse voice.

"I'm not doing it for you! I'm doing it for Sehun."

"Am I the only one confused here??" said Kai.

 

 

When they finally arrived in Ba Sing Se, Kai knocked out the attendant after he saw Baekhyun in the boat, to avoid a commotion.

Something seemed very strange as they entered the lower ring. There were Dai Li agents visibly hiding everywhere. Every corner, every alleyway.

"This is really weird," Kai whispered.

"Looks like your dad told them we were coming," said Lay.

"Nevermind them. Let's just get to my Grandpa," said Kyungsoo. After a short walk, they reached the house and charged in to find Grandpa having his afternoon tea.

"Oh, hello Kyungsoo! I didn't expect you back so soon. Are you here for tea?" Grandpa said with a smile.

"Not today, Grandpa. You see, my friend is missing and we think he might be in the Spirit World. I need to go there," said Kyungsoo. Grandpa took one last sip of his tea, then set his cup down and stood up.

"Let's get going then, shall we?"

 

Kyungsoo and Grandpa went to their usual spot on the hill and sat down facing eachother with their legs crossed. Kai, Lay and Baekhyun sat at a distance watching.

"So tell me, have you practiced your meditation?" asked Grandpa.

"Well, when I went to the Eastern Air Temple, I met with a guru who taught me to master the avatar state, so I did a lot of meditation during that process," said Kyungsoo.

"Hm, then it should be very easy for you. Let's begin, focus your energy." Kyungsoo nodded then closed his eyes and took a deep breath. After a few moments, Kyungsoo's eyes began to glow, and he had entered into the Spirit World. Grandpa opened one of his eyes to look at him, then chuckled.

"I knew he wouldn't need my help."

 

Kyungsoo opened his eyes and stood up, looking around. He felt a lot of negative spiritual energy coming in various directions. He could also feel Azula's spiritual energy, which was very strong. She was here somewhere, no doubt about that.

"Kris was right. Azula is tormenting through the Spirit World," Kyungsoo said aloud to himself. He took a deep breath and focused his energy to find Sehun's. When he located it, he opened his eyes. "Alright, found him!" he sad. He then swirled aroundhis arms to bend an air scooter, but nothing happened. "Oh yeah, that's right. I can't bend in the Spirit World, duh," he said slapping his forehead. He started walking in the direction of Sehun's spiritual energy. Along the way, he saw many peaceful floating spirits and he also saw dark, threatening ones. When he found Sehun, he was sitting up against a tree with his face hidden in his knees. Kyungsoo walked up to him slowly and noticed he was crying.

"Sehun?" he called. Sehun slowly rose his head. His eyes were red and baggy. His cheeks were puffy and splattered with dried tears and fresh wet ones.

"K-Kyungsoo?" Kyungsoo sat down beside Sehun and hugged him tightly.

"It's okay, Sehun. I know what happened," he said. Sehun broke out into a loud sob.

"I-I can't take this anymore..." he cried.

"I know, you don't deserve this. You're too good for him," Kyungsoo said rubbing his back. Sehun continued to cry onto Kyungsoo's shoulder. When Sehun finally calmed down a little, Kyungsoo spoke again. "Where's your body? Baekhyun was looking everywhere for you."

"I don't want him to find me. I never want to see him again."

"I don't blame you either. Look, I'm not trying to defend him, in fact, I gave him a good scolding myself, but he's really desperate to find you. He came to me crying and begging me to go into the Spirit World to look for you," said Kyungsoo. Sehun's head sat up a little.

"H-He did?....Well it doesn't matter, it doesn't mean anything. I don't wanna get my hopes up...sometimes I feel like I'm too forgiving and caring."

"And that's what's really admirable about you Sehun. You're one of a kind and if Baekhyun is too thick skulled to realize that then he can go to hell and spend all his time thinking about how dumb he was to let you slip away." Sehun looked up at Kyungsoo and smiled a bit. 

"Thanks Kyungsoo," he said softly.

"We should probably be heading back. The rest of us are in Ba Sing Se," said Kyungsoo. Sehun gave a confused look.

"Ba Sing Se? But why?" he asked.

"My of a dad sent us there because of what happened yesterday."

"...Maybe you should get back to your body then.."

"What's wrong?" Kyungsoo asked noticing Sehun's expression.

"I have a bad feeling...I mean think about it. Your dad barges into Ba Sing Se and practically weasels his way in to become President, then he sends you away. I get the feeling he's planning something, and he didnt want you to be in Republic City to find out what that is," said Sehun.

"I think you're right. I've been getting strange vibes as well."

"Get back to your body! I'll catch up with you guys later," Sehun said disappearing. Kyungsoo also began to fade away, back into the physical world. 

When Kyungsoo opened his eyes, he was on someone's back, and whoever it was was running. Kyungsoo quickly airbended himself off of whomever it was and landedon the ground. He looked up to see Kris standing over him.

"Kris?? What are you doing?" he choked out.

"Kyungsoo we need t get out of here! You're in danger! Your parents and my parents are collaborating together," said Kris.

"Wait hold on, what are you talking about?"

"There's no time to explain it, we have to get out of here now, hurry!" Just then, several Dai Li agents slid down from the walls and formed a blockade around the two boys.

"Damn it, too late.." said Kris.

"We should've known better than to let you roam free. We had no doubts that you would try to warn the avatar. Too predictable," said one of the Dai Li.

"If you want him you'll have to kill me first!" Kris shouted.

"That won't be necessary..because you will kill him yourself."

"Kris, what's going on??" Kyungsoo whispered from the ground.

"Kris. The Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai." Kris' eyes widened as his pupils grew bigger, his face blank as his mouth fell slightly open. He then turned around to face Kyungsoo.

"I am honored to accept his invitation," Kris said as he then stomped the ground, bending a stream of lava towards Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo's eyes buldged wider as he gasped in horror as the hot lava approached him.

 

 

 

-----------------------------

A/N: This story will end soon. There's still a lot that needs to go down of course, but there will be about less than 10 chapters left.

Also, if you like cutesy stuff then check out the new crossover fanfic I'm writing featuring Crayon Pop and VIXX!

http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/984752/meow-crayon-power-fluff-friendship-romance-exo-cute-vixx-crayonpop