The Conspiracy

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

 

Kris' muffles were blocked by the hands of the Dai Li as he was forced all the way to the underground cells of Lake Laogai. He was taken to a cell that was padded, made of no earth whatsoever so Kris couldn't bend his way out. Just as they were about to throw him in, one of the Dai Li agents received a message through his earpiece.

"Hold on, I think we're getting new orders," he said. "The Earth Queen wants us to brainwash him with the hypnosis mechanism."

"What? But that hasn't been used in over seventy years.." said the other agent.

"Well it looks like it will be today by orders of the Queen, and on her own son. I didn't know how ruthless they could be."

"Well let's just get him there and start the procedure." Kris' eyes widened as he heard what the Dai Li said. He was repulsed and would never forgive his parents for this.

The Dai Li led him to a room with a chair in the middle of a circular rail. They placed Kris in th chair and locked him with metal cuffs, preventing him from moving his arms, legs and head. On the rail, there was a revolving dim lantern. It circled Kris many times, each time seeping deep into his eyes, his thoughts, his mind, clouding it. He was slowly blanking out.

"I thought this mechanism was only used for the 100 year war?" one Dai Li agent said to the other.

"I guess the King and Queen have decided to make other uses for it," the other replied. They waited until Kris had completely passed out, then unlocked him from the cuffs.

"Alright, let's see if this old thing still works. Kris, the Earth King has invited you to Lake Laogai," said the Dai Li agent. Kris slowly rose his head and opened his eyes. His pupils grew wider and his face remained blank.

"I am honered to accept his invitation," Kris said in a strained, almost dead voice. The Dai Li agents smiled as the mechanism seemed to have still worked.

"Your majesty, it worked. The boy has been brainwashed."

 

Kyungsoo was angrily practicing his earthbending in a pro-bending practice area. He chucked rocks left and right as if he were in an intense battle. He felt as if someone was behind him, then stomped the ground bringing up a large rock and turned around ready to kick to whoever was behind him.

"Whoa whoa whoa," said Lay throwing up his hands. Kyungsoo quickly dropped the rock and plopped down on the ground and sighed.

"Sorry Lay, I didn't know it was you," he said. Lay gave a look of concern and sat down next to him.

"Is everything okay? You seem really upset," he said. Kyungsoo sighed again and rubbed his temple with his fingers.

"I ran into my dad this morning.." he said.

"Oh...what did he say to you?"

"He said he was sorry for everything he and my mom put me through and wants us to be a family again. Oh and he even said that he loved me.."

"Wow...how do you feel about that?"

"How do you think I feel!?!? I was doing just fine! I finally accepted the fact that they weren't in my life anymore, now he just shows up out of the blue and says that!??! How stupid does he think I am!??!"

"Soo calm down."

"What gives him the right to do something like that?? And you know what?? I do feel a little stupid because a part of me wants to believe what he's saying is true! A part of me wants to believe that my parents don't think of me as scum that belongs in the lower ring of Ba Sing Se..."

"Kyungsoo don't let your past emotions ruin what you've accomplished. You've let them go for good so you should keep it that way. Don't let the pain they caused you back in, okay?" Lay said rubbing Kyungsoo's back. Kyungsoo sniffled and nodded.

"Thanks Lay, I'm sorry I kinda yelled at you.." he said. Lay chuckled.

"No problem. Being the avatar's boyfriend, I would be surprised if you didn't yell at me at some point," he joked. Kyungsoo laughed and leaned his head on Lay's shoulder.

"Yo lovebirds!!!!" shouted a voice from the distance. They both turned to see Kai and Chanyeol coming towards them.

"Hey guys!" said Kyungsoo.

"Sup avatar! Sup smelly water tribe guy who's name I don't care to know!" said Chanyeol. Lay scowled at Chanyeol then rolled his eyes.

"Hey has Tao been here? Have you seen him?" asked Kai.

"Nope, not since I've been here," said Kyungsoo.

"Okay good, phew. We can finally finish our duel then," Kai said to Chanyeol.

"Why is that a good thing? In fact he really should be here with us. The mayor asked us to look after him," said Lay.

"The boy's fourteen. Not five," said Kai.

"What happened Kai? Yesterday you were so worried about him and now you're practically telling him to get lost," said Kyungsoo.

"Well yeah I was, then he took it the wrong way. Now he's got a crush on me and it's really annoying. So I'm gonna be avoiding him," said Kai. Lay burst out laughing.

"That's so sweet. Maybe you should go out with him! You guys would make a weird couple. He's shy and timid and you're loud and obnoxious...so you kinda balance eachother out," he said.

"Don't make me burn your . That's not even funny you stupid prick," Kai snarled. Lay stood up.

"Go on and try it," he said. Kai got in his face glaring hardcore.

"Guys please.." Kyungsoo said facepalming.

"Fight! Fight! Fight!" Chanyeol chanted.

"Chanyeol please!" Kyungsoo shouted. Just as Kai was about to strike, they all heard police sirens not too far away, and a lot of them.

"Come on, let's check it out," Kyungsoo said standing up and running towards the noise. Everyone else followed him. 

"Help me!!" a voice cried out. A very familiar voice. When Kyungsoo and the others reached the commotion, they saw a gang of firebenders fighting off police officers. One firebender was behind them holding a boy by his neck. Tao!

"They've got Tao!" Kyungsoo shouted as he was about ready to jump in, but he could already feel the earth beneath him moving even though it wasn't him bending it. He looked to see his father jumping into the seen, locking the benders into earth prisons, preventing them from escaping. There was only one that remained and it was the one holding Tao hostage. Mr. Do stood in a battle stance with his arm pointed towards the man.

"Let the boy go and I won't have to hurt you," he said. The firebender laughed, then threw the boy down and bended a large fireblast through both of his fists towards Mr. Do. He quickly dodged the flames and bended a sharp rock towards the bender from a different direction. It collided with him and knocked him out.

"Tao!" Kai shouted as he ran towards the boy to make sure he was okay. Tao had a few burns on his arms and was crying hysterically, but he was okay. "What happened?" asked Kai.

"Iwhsah ajhdkad" Tao muttered sobbing.

"Huh? Uh, nevermind I'll ask when you stop crying. ZHANG!! Get your over here and heal his burns!!" Kai yelled. Lay quickly ran over and bended water from his canteen onto his hands and placed them over Tao's arm.

"This may sting a little," he said softly to Tao. Tao finally stopped crying as the pain slowly went away. "You're gonna be okay, alright?" Lay said offering a smile. Tao nodded.

"Why do you keep getting yourself in these situations??" Kai said looking directly at Tao.

"I-I went back and you weren't there...so I went looking around for you and then I ran into them..." Tao said trying to choke back a sob. Kai sighed and shook his head then hugged the boy.

"I'm sorry, okay?" he said. Tao hugged back and cried into Kai's chest. "Aren't you like a metalbender? Why didn't you defend yourself?"

"I-I was scared..." Tao replied. Kai felt guilty for abandoning the boy. Tao didn't know anything about the streets yet he went looking for him, unaware of the potential dangers. Seeing him weak and helpless also made him feel worse.

"I'll teach you, okay? I'll teach you self defense. It's the least I can do," Kai said rubbing Tao's back. Tao nodded against Kai's chest and mumbled a "thank you" into him as well.

The mayor showed up as well as medics which tended to the police's wounds not too long after it had ended.

"Tao! Are you alright, son??" Mayor Huang shouted running to hug his son. Kai had his arm wrapped around Tao's shoulder, then let go when the mayor hugged him.

"He's alright now sir, but can I take care of those guys?" Kai said pointing to the firebenders who were still imprisoned in the earth cells.

"No need, we have more officers coming to take them to prison where they belong," said the mayor.

"Damn. I wanted to get some sweet revenge," Kai said pounding his fists together. The mayor walked over to Mr. Do.

"Thank you for saving my son. If you hadn't been here, who knows what they would've done to him!" he said shaking Mr. Do's hand gratefully.

"I did what any citizen would do. If I had more responsibility, I could insure the safety of many here in Republic City. Mayor Huang, let me ask you, is the role of President extinct from Republic City or is there a possible position?" asked Mr. Do.

"President? We haven't had a President in eighty seven years. It just wasn't working out, so the government decided to relinquish that position when the former President died, however, I believe a President would make this city a little more civilized, I mean it's been long enough, hasn't it?" the mayor said tapping his chin.

"Yes, I definitely agree. How about you, councilman Chanyeol?" Mr. Do said turning to Chanyeol, who was digging in his ears.

"Huh? Oh yeah sure. President, great stuff," he said.

"Why don't you take time to think over it, Mayor Huang? Then we can have a councilmen meeting to discuss a possible reopening of the position?" Mr. Do suggested.

"Yes that sounds good. I'll get back to you tomorrow with my decision," Mayor Huang said, then turned to Kyungsoo who had been watching them. "Avatar Kyungsoo, I asked if you could look over him and you let him run in the streets by himself and look what happened. Maybe you should follow your father's example," he said then walked away. Mr. Do then walked up to Kyungsoo.

"Yes son. Be a good boy and follow your father..." he said suspiciouly then smirked at Kyungsoo. He then walked away in the same direction as the mayor. Kyungsoo's glaring eyes watched him go then entire time.

"What was that about?" Lay asked.

"I don't know...I hate him so much," said Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

 

-----------------------------

A/N: The conspiracy is beginning!! :O Next chapter we'll see some Tao metalbending action and more KaiTao stuff! I know those two aren't a popular ship but there's no one really left and I wanted Kai to be with somebody too...X3 let me know what you think of all this via comments! Love you guys and thanks!! <3