Maturity

Avatar: Legend of Kyungsoo

Kyungsoo opened his eyes quickly as he returned back to his body in the physical world. He looked beside him to see Lay watching over him. "Lay.." Kyungsoo said as he pulled his boyfriend into a tight hug.

"What's wrong, Soo?"

"I saw my grandpa in the Spirit World.." Kyungsoo said as he looked up at Lay with a peaceful smile. "He's okay, he's happy and he'll be at peace from now on. I'm just so relieved..." he said wiping a tear from his eye. Lay smiled back and hugged Kyungsoo tighter.

"I'm glad you were able to speak with him. I told you that you'd never be alone," he said. "You were gone for a few hours. Did you find Azula?"

"I did. My grandpa told me I had to use a technique to banish her away, and to my surprise I did it! She's going to be lost forever in the fog. So that means Chen will be free! We have to find him!" said Kyungsoo.

"That's great! I'm so proud of you," Lay said rubbing Kyungsoo's chubby cheeks.

"Where's everyone else?" asked Kyungsoo.

"Kai and Tao took a walk and I haven't seen Sehun and Baekhyun in hours."

"Okay, let's find them then track down Chen! We have to get to him before my father does," Kyungsoo said as he stood up. He was about to dash off but was stopped by Lay, who grabbed his arm.

"Hold on one second Kyungsoo...I um I have something I wanna give you," he said nervously scratching his head.

"What is it?" Kyungsoo asked curiously. Lay reached in his pocket and pulled out the stone he carved earlier. It was attached to a black ribbon, making it a necklace.

"I carved this for you," Lay said as he held it up for Kyungsoo to see.

"It's really pretty!" Kyungsoo exclaimed with sparkling eyes.

"I'm not sure if you're familiar with Water Tribe traditions but..this isn't an ordinary necklace...it's a betrothal necklace.." Lay said, heart pounding in his chest. Kyungsoo's eyes widened as his heart began racing as well.

"Lay..." he breathed out. Lay moved closer to Kyungsoo, closing the gap between them.

"Kyungsoo...after all of this is over...will you marry me?" Kyungsoo placed a hand to his chest, preparing to catch his heart if it somehow fell out. He couldn't help the tears that sreamed down his face.

"Y-Yes...I want to marry you," he croaked out, holding back the sob. Lay smiled then pulled him close for a deep kiss. He then turned Kyungsoo around to put the necklace on him. "I-I can't believe this is actually happening.."

"I told you before that I wanted to spend the rest of my life with you. Did you think I was kidding?" Lay said with a chuckle.

"Words can't even describe how happy I am right now..."

"Good. I want you to be happy for the rest of your life, and I'll do everything I can to make sure that you are, I swear," said Lay. The two kissed eachother again, this time longer. The would've continued to kiss until the end of time if weren't for the whistle that interrupted them. They stopped and turned to see Sehun and Baekhyun standing there. Kyungsoo blushed and twittled his fingers together.

"Where have you guys been?" asked Lay.

"Just...spending a little alone time together," Baekhyun said, looking directly at Sehun and kissed the side of his forehead. "I have a lot of making up to do for Sehun."

"Oh, well that's good," said Lay.

"You'd better treat him right!" Kyungsoo barked towards Baekhyun. Baekhyun nodded and bowed politely to Kyungsoo. "Anyway, I have good news!"

"Looks like we made it back just in time," said Kai, walking up towards them with Tao following behind.

"Perfect timing! Good, now everyone's here! I went into the Spirit World and I took care of Azula," said Kyungsoo.

"Incredible! I knew you could do it Kyungsoo!" said Sehun.

"So what about Chen?" asked Kai.

"I was telling Lay that we need to find him, and once we do, we go to Republic City," said Kyungsoo.

"But Soo, you're wanted and sentenced to death. What if they capture you?" said Kai.

"I don't care. I'm going to face Mr. Wu and more importantly, I'm going to face my father. I'll take his life if need be."

"Damn, you sound like me right now. OH MY GOSH I'M CORRUPTING YOU!!!" said Kai. Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"I'll be right beside you the whole time, we all will," Lay said grabbing Kyungsoo's hand squeezing it tight.

"Thank you," Kyungsoo said with a smile.

"So how do we find Chen? We can't simply just wander around searching every village and town. Not only would it take too long, but it's really risky as well," said Sehun.

"Hmm I have an idea. I have a feeling my brother will know where he is. My dad said he sent him and Luhan searching for us. I'll contact him on the radio. Be right back!" said Lay, then dashing off towards the temple radio.

"You seem happier Kyungsoo," said Sehun with a smile. 

"I am actually..my grandpa will always be there when I need him. And also well..." Kyungsoo said shyly, holding onto his necklace.

"Cool necklace! Where'd you get it?"

"Lay made it for me...it's a betrothal necklace...we're engaged," Kyungsoo said happily rocking back and forth on his feet. Everyone gasped.

"Oh my goodness!!! Congratulations!!!" Sehun said running to give Kyungsoo a hug. 

"Wow that's big, congrats. When's the wedding?" said Baekhyun.

"Thank you! But it won't be until we stop my father. Right now, that's our first priority," said Kyungsoo. A few moments later and Lay was running back towards them.

"Did you talk to your dad?" Kyungsoo asked him.

"Yeah I did, and you'll never believe this. Chen is in Republic City!" said Lay.

"Oh no..."

"Incidently, my father was near him during the transition. He said that Chen collapsed, and when he came to, he had no idea where he was or what was going on, just as predicted. He figured that he had been released from Azula's possession," said Lay.

"And what about those pieces of ? Do they know that Chen's no longer on their side?" asked Kai.

"Not that I know of. My father cleverly is keeping Chen hidden from Kang Soo and plans to tell them that he disappeared and doesn't know where he went. So now, that's where we come in. We go to Republic City and explain to him what's going on and ask for his help," said Lay.

"Let's do it!" said Sehun.

"Okay then. By the sounds of it, we could be facing them sooner than we expected, but I'm ready for anything," said Kyungsoo. Tao shyly tugged on Kai's shirt.

"Um what if they find me and lock me up once we get back to the city?" he asked.

"They won't. Just stay near me and they won't lay a ing finger on you," said Kai. "Plus, you can knock them out with your woodbending," he added with a wink, causing Tao to smile shyly.

"Well, I guess we should get going! I'll call my bison," Sehun said pulling out his bison whistle from his robe. When he blew on it, the sound pierced everyone's ears.

"Damn! Does that cheap thing even work???" said Kai.

"Of course! I use it all the time," said Sehun. Sure enough, the bison soared in the sky and flew down where they were, then Sehun's cheek. "All aboard gang!" Everyone began to climb onto the bison's back, but Kai stopped Lay and pulled him aside quietly.

"What?" asked Lay.

"So, I heard that you're marrying Kyungsoo," said Kai.

"That's right. I hope you're okay with this and will still be his friend."

"What are you, stupid? Of course I'll still be his friend! His BEST friend! Anyway, I just wanted to tell you that I'm happy for you both and as I said before, take care of him," said Kai.

"Do you still love him?"

"Hm, I don't think I do. I was in love with Kyungsoo for so long and what drove me was the fact that I could tell he wasn't happy and I knew that I could make him happy, but then you came back and immediately took that position. I admit, when you and him first became a couple, I was salty. I still loved him, but now that I see he's happier with you, I feel more reserved. I don't really get jealous anymore when I see you two hug or kiss. I'm actually grateful because I can move on and I think there's someone else I'm really starting to like," Kai said, then looked over towards the bison at Tao, struggling to climb on it.

"It's Tao isn't it? I can tell he really likes you by the way he latches onto you," said Lay.

"Yeah he's a weird kid. But he's unpredictable and that's what I like about him," said Kai.

"Wow Kai, I can see you've really matured since we banded together with Kyungsoo. This is the first time we're actually having a civilized conversation without screaming or cursing at eachother," said Lay.

"Don't go soundin' all old you grandpa. Everybody grows up at some point," said Kai.

"Well that's great. I think you should give Tao a chance. I know you would make him happy. And who knows? Maybe we can be friends," said Lay.

"Don't get your hopes up, water tribe," said Kai, then flashing a smile. Kai held out his hand for Lay to shake it. Without hesitation, Lay shook his hand and patted his back. The two of them joined the others on the bison. Tao, who kept falling in attempt to climb the bison, was helped up by Kai. Kai pulled Tao to sit next to him as he wrapped his arm around the younger, keeping him warm and close to him. With a loud "yip yip!" they sailed in the sky, heading directly for Republic City with no fear or doubts.

 

 

-------------------------------------------

A/N: Dadadada!!! Kai and Lay? Actually getting along...??? O.o lol anyway, it's almost the end guys! Just two or three more chapters!