Chapter 30

12 Hours Together

2 months before wedding day

 

You are walking down the hallways of the YG building. The ring is still in your finger. Though there were no harass from Kiko, you can't help but to fear her next move. You could barely sleep last night. You won't stop worrying about Jiyong's arrival. The last time he came back to Seoul after the Kiko incident, he won't stop bothering you. Or in the other words, it felt similar like the 12 hours flight thing except that the both of you are not in a flight. He gets you to join him in doing always everything and anything. If he could get you to bathe with him, he would too. But luckily he didn't.

 

4 months before wedding ->  Jiyong got lovey-dovey and to the extend he annoyed you. He even went to play golf with your dad and learned baking with your mum. He and the whole of BIGBANG made a cameo appearance as baristas for a day at Misty Magic and Naeun had made a lot of profit for that whole day itself. She told you that the profit was 8 times the amount of regular day and luckily they had enough resources to make drinks for all the fans.

3 months before wedding -> Jiyong brought you to Dolce Vita and get you to play with Gaho and Jolie. After eating, Dami, him and you went to Rare Market (Dami's shop) and the two siblings begin to give a new look on you. Even Jiyong decided to do some shopping at his sister's shop. And  you weren't an inch surprise. After all, he was forcing you.

 

And to make matters worse, you are currently not in your best condition. You were having a fever but you couldn't find time to go to the doctor. You walked towards the recording studio, still feeling like a zombie.

 

     "Oh, Haeun! Annyeonghosaeyo!"

 

A voice woke you up and you immediately turn around. It was Kang Daesung. He walked towards you.

 

    "Annyeonghosaeyo," you smiled and bowed.

 

When did BIGBANG arrived Seoul?

 

     "What are you doing here? When did you landed?" you asked.

     "This morning," he answered.

   

You lifted up your wrist and looked at the time. Yes, you are wearing the watch Jiyong gave you. What does he meant by this morning? Ah… It's 2pm now. So much for worrying for that dragon.

 

      "Where are you going now?" you asked.

      "I'm just dropping by to get something before meeting Naeun at Misty Magic," he told you. "How about you?"

      "Recording studio," you answered and gave a small smile.

      "Ah, I see… Then I shall not stop you from your inspirations," he smiled.

      "It's okay… Where are the rest of the members?" you asked, trying to get a hint of something or anything.

      "TOP hyung went back home. Seungri was with me but he left just now already. I'm not sure about Youngbae hyung or Jiyong hyung," he answered as he scratched the back of his head.

    

Sigh… Okay…

 

      "It's okay then. I was just asking. See you around?" you smiled.

      "Nae… See you," he smiled and nodded before walking off.

 

You heaved out a sigh. Ever since that I-can-be-a-snake-like-a-grass-if-I-want-something-real-bad incident, you had become more careful of Kwon Jiyong. You turned around and decided to walk to the recording studio. However, as soon as your foot stepped forth, you felt your body pulled inside a dark room. A hand covering your mouth and another is holding your arms tight. You felt your body tensed up as you screamed through the palm over your mouth.

 

     "Relax, it's me."

 

Kwon Jiyong.

 

The hand over your mouth immediately let go and he switched on the lights. You saw his face now and realized that you are in a dressing room with him. His face was filled with worry.

 

      "Are you crazy? Why did you do that?" you asked him and smacked his shoulder.

      "Haeun, are you sick?" he asked as he placed the back of his hand on your forehead.

    

How did he know?

 

       "I'm not sick, don't worry," you told him and pulled his hand away from your forehead.

       "Yes, you are. You're burning up now," he said and looked at you. A look filled with frustration and worry. "Why did you come to work when you know you are sick?"

       "You don't have the right to judge or order me around, Kwon Jiyong. It's my body and it's my right," you told him off.

       "Yeah, sure. But I'm your fiancé and we are sending you home now," he grabbed your hand and dragged you out of the dressing room.

 

You tried to resist and held back your body but his strength outwitted you. You admitted that your fever had been ongoing for two days already but you have not told anyone. You planned to visit the clinic after you showed your work to Teddy. But at this rate, Teddy will have to wait.

 

       "Kwon Jiyong, I'm fine…" you breathed out, though your body screamed otherwise.

 

Your head were spinning now and you felt it beating. Instead of resisting him, your grip on his hand grew tighter. You hung on his arm as he looked at you. But your body betrayed you, your energy lost into the atmosphere and your legs gave way. You felt Jiyong's arm at your back as he shouted your name. Within seconds, you were lifted off the ground and in his arms. As much as you want to hang on, you were starting to see black patches. The last thing you knew was Jiyong running with you in his arms.

 

 

 

You opened your eyes and looked around. Teddy bear was next to you and you felt something cool on your forehead. You were back in Jiyong's apartment. Jiyong was seated next to you, his body over your stomach. You swore you could hear him snore lightly. You took your right hand and ran it across his hair. He flinched and woke up, looking at you. The moment he saw you, he immediately sat up causing you to draw your hand back.

 

       "Haeun, are you okay? Do you need anything?" he asked.

 

You gave a small smile and shook your head.

 

       "The doctor said that you did not have enough rest," he told you as he caress your hair.

       "How long did I slept?" you asked.

       "About 10 hours?" he answered and looked at the clock.

 

You turned your head and looked at the clock. 12.45am. And how did you get into pajamas?

 

        "Don't worry, I asked Chaerin to come over and helped you to change," he answered as though reading your thoughts.

        "Why didn't you sleep on the bed?" you asked him.

 

He took the towel on your forehead and dunk it a basin filled with iced water. "I wanted to… But I'm looking after you, so it's best for me to sit here," he answered as he wrung the towel before folding it into a rectangle and place it back on your forehead. "What were you doing while I was away, Haeun?" he looked at you.

 

I don't know. I'm not sure.

 

         "I'm not sure. It's just that there had been a lot of inspirations lately and I couldn't let go of them. Naeun also needed help with Misty Magic," you told him.

         "Did anything happened to Misty Magic?" he asked as he caressed your forehead.

         "Nothing much. Just planning how to boost up Misty Magic," you answered.

         "And you mentioned inspirations earlier. What kind of inspirations did you have?" he asked.

         "Just from books… Experiences…" you answered and nodded.

         "You shouldn't overwork, babygirl. You know that very well. Promise me you won't overwork again, nae?" he looked at you.

 

You hummed and whispered a promise to him. You could tell he was worried for you. He then shifted and place Teddy bear aside before climbing on the bed, next to you. He then pulled you over, making you lie on his chest. You wanted to protest but you barely got the energy to move away from him.

 

        "Want to hear a story?" he whispered.

       

You hummed.

 

        "Yes or no?" he asked and looked at you.

        "Yes," you answered briefly.

        "Once upon a time, there was a boy who enjoys planting. He likes to plant trees and plants of all kinds. There are good friends who helped to water them but there are bad friends who would stab the tree down. Each time a tree goes down, he lose trust of his friends. However, one day, he met a girl who liked all his trees. She was a girl he was never close with. They used the tree to share stories, have a picnic and even looked at the sky together. But this girl turned out like everyone else. In fact, she chopped off all trees. This boy felt disappointed and cried away. He thought everything was over until he saw another girl planting small plant at the spots his tree once stood at. He stood up, curious as to why she was planting her plant at the place where his tree once stood. He walked towards her and asked, "Why are you planting your plants on where my tree stood at?" The girl looked at him as she planted her plants. "I saw you crying when someone chopped off your trees so I thought you will feel better if I plant my plants on where your trees were at," she answered. He looked at her planting her plant and asked her, "Why are you doing that for me?" She hummed and answered, "We can always restart instead of crying. So I am helping you to restart or make something new." He then squatted next to her, looking at the plant. "It's small," he told her. "It will be big and tall one day. You need to faith in it," she answered and gave him a watering can. He took the watering can and looked at the plant and her before watering it. And just like that, these two children watched and looked after the tree which grow into a big and tall one," he told her as he played with her hair.

 

The little boy and his tree. Sounds like Jiyong and his music.

 

      "Nice story," you replied.

      "I'm glad that you liked it," he said in a loud whisper. "Just like what the girl said, the tree will be big and tall one day. You need to  have faith in it."

 

He's talking about our love all along? Did he just riddled his way through?

 

      "But what if the girl who chopped off all the trees come back and do it again?" you asked him, already having a good grasp what he was talking about all along.

      "That's why we have to nurture and  looked after our tree into a big, tall and sturdy one so that no one can chop it off," he answered you.

      "How are we supposed to do that? What happens if our tree didn't turn out how it is supposed to be?" you asked.

      "That's why we needed faith on the tree. We need to be confident about it and have faith on it," he answered.

      "What do we get if managed to look after the tree well?" you asked him.

      "First, we get flowers. After we get flowers, we will have fruits," he answered.

 

And I completely understand that.

 

     "What if the tree took a long time to grow?" you asked.

     "Then we will wait. We need to have faith, remember?" he reminded you.

     "Do you have faith in our tree?" you asked him.

     "I do. How about you, Haeun? Do you have faith in our tree?" he asked you in return.

  

Do I?

 

You kept quiet, not sure what to answer. You were still not confident about the love. You admitted that you love him, but you can't help but to worry about media and Kiko. There were too many worries. It felt like as though loving Kwon Jiyong comes with a package as well whether you like it or not.

 

      "Haeun?" his voice echoed.

 

You immediately closed your eyes and pretended to sleep. "She's asleep already?" you heard his voice before feeling a peck on your cheek and him pulling you close to his body. "Sleep well, Haeunie. Get well soon," he whispered against your cheek before resting on the pillow.

 

I want to love Kwon Jiyong but this worries won't stop bothering me. What should I do? Is love supposed to be this hard or am I making things hard for myself? I don't know. If this is actually love predicted in books… Then what should I-

 

All of a sudden, your phone rang. You felt Jiyong shifted in your bed and you guessed that he took your phone. Once your phone finished ringing, you then felt him pecked your cheek and got off the bed. You're not sure where he is going but you assumed he is going to the living room.

 

      "Youngbae, can you and Chae come over?" you heard him speak softly before he closed the bedroom door.

 

What happened, Kwon Jiyong?

 

 

 

GD's POV

 

After calling Youngbae, I scrolled down my contacts in my phone. Youngbae and Chaerin stayed nearby so it won't be that long. The phone number that Haeun just received is so familiar like I had seen it before. I scrolled down until it matches a number in my phone.

 

Kiko Mizuhara. .

 

I frowned. What does Kiko wants from Haeun? Why won't she stop bothering Haeun? Did Kiko do something to Haeun? Or did she do something to Misty Magic? The doorbell rang and I immediately went to the door to welcome Youngbae and Chaerin in.

 

       "It better be some good emergency for you to call us at 1am and get us to come over," Youngbae said as he let Chaerin entered before he entered and closed the door.

       "Chae, did something happened to Haeun while I was away?" I looked at Chaerin.

 

Chaerin yawned and sat on the sofa, "What do you mean by that? You only told me earlier that Haeun fell sick." Youngbae took off his jacket and put it on the sofa before sitting on the floor. "A number called Haeun just now. And it was familiar so I called you two to come over as I checked whose number it was," I explained. Chaerin put down her hood and looked at me, "Don't tell it's her." I heaved out a sigh and the both of them immediately got the idea. Chaerin immediately stood up and took Haeun's phone and my phone to compare. Within seconds, a curse came out of her lips.

 

       "Misty Magic?" Youngbae looked at me. "Check on it."

       "Call Daesung. He should be with Naeun," I told Youngbae as he took out his phone.

 

Chaerin and I watched Youngbae dialed Daesung's number before putting on speaker. Why do I have a bad feeling about this?

 

       "Geumsaeyo? Hyung!" Daesung's voice rang through.

       "Dae, did something to the café?" Youngbae asked.

 

Something really happened?!

 

       "Hyung, how did you know?! Naeun and I are going to the café now," he answered.

       "What do you mean we knew? What happened?" Youngbae asked and looked at me.

 

I looked at Youngbae and Chaerin before at the phone.

 

       "Misty Magic got robbed," he answered. "Two of the staffs got injured and we are arriving the café."

 

What… The… …

 

       "It just happened?" Youngbae asked. "Have you lodged a police report?"

       "Haven't yet. It happened ten minutes after Naeun and I left the café," he answered.

      

All three of us went speechless. I turned around and scratched my head, only to realize Haeun was listening to our conversation.

 

      "Hyung, if you can come over. But we got to go now. Sorry," Daesung said before hanging up.

 

My throat got dry as she looked at the three of us. Chaerin immediately stood up and walked to her. "W-What happened to Misty Magic?" she uttered. "Chaerin, what happened?" Even for Chaerin, she found it difficult to say. She grabbed Haeun's arm. "Haeun, just now, Kiko called your number. We were checking how did she got your number and then we decide to check on the café. But the café… It got robbed. Daesung and Naeun are going back to the café now," she told Haeun. Haeun looked at all three of us before going back to the bedroom to take something.

 

       "I'm going to the café now," she said as she put on a jacket over her pajamas.

 

In fact, all four of us are in our pajamas. "My sister needs me," she told all of us. Knowing that Misty Magic and Naeun means a lot to her, I immediately took a jacket and put it on. Youngbae got the idea and within seconds, all of us are on the way to Misty Magic.

 

 

 

      "Unnie!!!!" Naeun cried as she hugged Haeun. "They didn't robbed. They destroyed everything. They destroyed everything."

     

It was chaotic there, now that the police officers and ambulance had arrived. Naeun was sitting on the pavement as Haeun and Chaerin consoled her. Daesung was busy talking to the police officers while Youngbae and I waited for Yang sajangnim to arrive. I looked at the café. They indeed destroyed everything. They threw all the silverware, turned the tables and broke the chairs. Even the smell of the various coffee powder was in the air as they decided to leave nothing useful there. All of it were completely destroyed. Haeun's phone is still with me when it rang. It was Kiko's number. I looked at Youngbae.

 

      "Pick it up and record it," he said.

 

I nodded and answered, at the same time recording the conversation.

 

     "Geumsaeyo, Haeunie? This is Kiko Mizuhara. Don't ask me what happened to Misty Magic. There's more to come unless if you give Kwon Jiyong to me. Annyeong~"

 

She even hung up before I even said anything. Youngbae looked at me, expecting an answer.

 

     "Don't ask me what happened to Misty Magic. There's more to come unless if you give Kwon Jiyong to me," I quoted Kiko's words.

    

Youngbae groaned and I could tell he was getting more angry by the second. Even I am too. We know the media would be here soon, with the fact that two BIGBANG members and one 2NE1 member are in pajamas. Daesung told me that Naeun received the call when they were about to enter the expressway and both of them turned back. I glanced at the two sisters. Naeun is already crying uncontrollably while Haeun is hanging strong.

 

Why won't Kiko stop bothering me? Or us? What do we have to do so that she will know not to mess with us.

 

A black car arrived and we could tell Sajangnim is here. He exited the car and looked at the café. He once told me that he too liked the café and he had no regrets signing a contract with Misty Magic.

 

     "Ji," Youngbae called me out.

 

I turned my head and looked at him.

 

     "We got an evidence with the phone recording, right?" he asked me.

 

Now that I think about it… Youngbae is really a genius. I nodded.

 

     "Misty Magic is under YG Entertainment. Let's get Yang Sajangnim to file a lawsuit against her," he said.

     "But that's so… You know," I uttered.

 

There had been multiple lawsuits all around the K-POP industry. And I'm not sure about having a lawsuit against a Japanese girl…

 

     "We have an evidence. She called Haeun and warned her. And if the police find some evidences, taking in the staffs' accounts, there should be something, right?" he explained.

    

Where the hell did he learnt all these?!

 

     "Since when you learned all these?" I asked him.

     "Look, pabo. Misty Magic is important to the sisters. I'm not sure if their parents know already or not. But in order to win her exceptional heart, we need to show her that the café means something to us not only them. In fact, Misty Magic meant a lot of things to us. So, we can fight," he explained.

 

I can't believe I am hearing this from my best friend.

 

    "Are you going to bring this up to him?" I asked and looked at Sajangnim who is talking to the sisters.

    "We have evidences, let's tell him now," he answered.

 

I nodded.

 

    "Sajangnim!" Youngbae shouted and walked to him.

 

I followed Youngbae as Daesung also join us.

 

    "What is it?" he turned around and looked at us. "Why are you in pajamas?!"

    "It's the new fashion trend. Anyway, we have something to tell you," Youngbae said and glanced at me.

 

The war is on, Kiko Mizuhara. 

 


Annyeong!! Authornim is here!! *waves at everyone* Okay... *cracks finger and stretches* UPDATING SPREE START! Keep the comments coming in~~ Sorry if I skip some of the months because I'm not sure what to write and I want their wedding to come soon. ANYWAYS, KEEP THE COMMENTS COMING IN!! *places fingers on keyboard* READY GO!!