Chapter 16

12 Hours Together

  "Maybe we are meant to be with each other only in air?" you answered him, feeling the sting of your words.

          "Don't say things like that, Haeunie," he whined. "I am sure we are meant to be together." 

 

Confidence must has always run in his blood whether it's G-Dragon or Kwon Jiyong.

 

You heaved out a sigh, not sure what to say or reply. Silence enveloped the both of you once again. To some, silence is awkward and terrifying but to you, silence is peace. Jiyong is still resting his head on your shoulder. You took his right hand and played with it. His fingers were broad and you just fiddled with it. These were the fingers that created a song which is always a hit. Song… Song… Song!

 

       "Youngbae Oppa said that YG knew me through the song I wrote using your instrumental. What is that about? And how come I can't remember?" you interrogated him.

       "That's because I took it," he answered casually.

 

So, I really did wrote a song?!

 

       "When?" you asked.

       "I'm not going to tell you. But what I can promise you is that I will show the song you had written one day," he answered.

       "Why won't you tell me? I was the one who wrote it," you whined and pouted.

       "Because I want the song to remain as ours," he chuckled.

       "Then give me a hint of what I actually wrote," you nudged your shoulder and he sat properly.

       "Nope," he looked at you and answered in English. "But I have a wish though."

  

Wish? All of a sudden?

 

       "What's that wish?" you asked him in Korean.

       "Are you going to grant it?" he answered with a question in Korean.

       "I just want to know," you told him truthfully. 

 

 

He grabbed your wrist which has the watch he gave you earlier. Your heart fluttered when he took your hand and rubbed the back of your hand with his thumb as he looked at the watch. "Until this flight ends… Dear God, I beg you with my palms together… Please don't separate us," he whispered, loud enough for you to hear.

 

You took in his words.

 

Until this flight ends… Dear God, I beg you with my palms together… Please don't separate us.

 

The familiarity of the words. It's like you heard it somewhere. "Until this flight ends… Dear God, I beg you with my palms together…" you whispered, trying to recall where or when you heard it. "Please don't separate us," you heard his voice saying the last four words together with you. You lifted your head and looked at him.

 

     "Familiar?" he asked.

     "Very," you told him.

     "Try to solve the puzzle then," he told you and got up.

    

You looked at him in shock. Where is he going? "Where are you going?" you asked and got up as well. "I want to eat, and it's bad to leave Youngbae alone," he answered and left. You stood there for a few seconds before going to your seat as well. As soon as you were at your head, a stewardess served you your meal. Jiyong must have informed them to serve you as well. As you ate, you can't help but to think about the words he said earlier. It bothers you that the words he mentioned earlier felt so familiar. And he knew that it was something familiar to you. You're not sure if you're supposed to feel scared or happy that he knew. You just kept quiet and eat the meal which was before you. For now, you felt that you're lucky as Jiyong is not sitting next to you. Or else, he would tease you to no tomorrow. Once done, you remained seated in your seat and looked at the clouds outside, drifting into your own thoughts. After a while, you decide to turn your seat into a bed. And your own thoughts brought you to sleep.

 

 

 

         "Haeun, follow me."

 

He took your hand and lead down the hallways of the building. The interior felt familiar as though you had seen it before. You followed him as he lead you to the end of the hallway before stopping and turning to you. You looked at him in confusion.

 

      "Waeyo, Oppa?" you asked him.

      "Don't call me Oppa…" he whined. "Call me yeobo."

      "Arrasseo. Waeyo, yeobo?" you asked, too lazy to squabble with him.

 

He crouched down in front of you, his back facing you. "Jump on me," he told you. "Wae?" you asked him, slightly suspicious of his actions. "Just jump on me!" he shouted slightly. You felt intimidated and decide to follow what he said. You jumped on him and wrapped your arms around his neck. He immediately grabbed your thighs and ran up the stairs.

 

       "Put me down! I'm fat!" you told him as soon as he ran up the stairs.

 

You suddenly felt conscious about your weight as he is running up the stairs with you on his back. He ignored you and continued to run up for a few more flights before reaching the rooftop. He then walked towards the railing and looked at the sunrise. You saw the sunrise as well. It was really a beauty. It looks like a painting painted specially for you two. The red, orange and yellow blended well with the surroundings building. Birds were chirping, you could hear them. It was a work of art.

 

      "Here, we can see the sunrise clearly. That's why I told you to hurry up or else we will miss it," he explained in between his pants.

      "You can put me down though," you told him.

      "Don't want. Your heartbeat is my music," he grinned, finally calmed his breath.

 

You laughed at his cheesiness and rested your chin next to his head. "It's really beautiful," you whispered, still in awe by the sunrise. You felt him smile. "Remember when we first met and dreaded our departure? You brought me to run away from the sunrise. This time, I showed you and let's enjoy the sunrise," he explained while grinning. You chuckled at the memory he told you. It was true. At that time, you were the one who lead him to run away from the sunrise. You were selfish at that point but being selfish is better because you know both of you won't meet anymore.

 

     "Nature's beauty is always the best beauty," you told him.

     "But your other half will always have the beauty incompatible to nature's beauty," he answered you.

     "Do I even have a other half?" you asked and looked at him.

 

He turned his head towards you and gave a peck on your lips. Your heart raced immediately and you knew you are blushing right now. "I'm your other half, remember?" he reminded you. "That someone is being so cheesy," you rolled your eyes but your smile gave it away. He laughed at your remark before turning his head towards the sunrise. "That someone likes cheese. I'm sure our little Haeunie likes cheese as well," he told you. You chuckled at his remark before pressing a peck at the side of his head before enjoying the view before you two.

 

      "Next time you want to kiss me, tell me. I will turn my head for you."

      "But I want to kiss your other parts of your body as well.."

      "Then later when we shall find an enclosed area and you can kiss my other body parts."

      "YAH!!! ARE YOU CRAZY?!"

      "Nae, that's right! I'm crazy for you~~"

 

 

 

You felt your body shook and you stirred from your sleep. You squinted your eyes and looked at whoever woke you up. It was Youngbae. His arm was outstretched and he was leaning towards you from his seat just to wake you up.

 

    "Yah, we are going to land soon. Wake up," he told you softly before proceeding to wake Jiyong up.

 

It was a dream? A fleeting dream?

 

You hummed and sat down. Your head was spinning about that fleeting dream earlier. You adjusted your seat-turned-bed into a seat again. The dream felt so real. You heaved out a sigh and turned your head towards the boys. Jiyong was stirring from his sleep and Youngbae was buckliing his seatbelt. That reminded you to buckle your seatbelt. Once buckled, you turned your heat towards the window. You had a few dreams before meeting Jiyong but that is always deemed delusional but this…   A fleeting dream? What is that dream supposed to mean?

 

       "Ladies and Gentlemen. This is your pilot speaking. We will be landing in the Incheon International Airport in a few minutes' time. We would advise you to go to your seats. The temperature in Incheon, South Korea is 28 Degrees Celsius. We are glad to have served you throughout the flight. For the tourists, welcome to South Korea and we hope you will enjoy your stay. For the citizens of South Korea, welcome home. Once again, thank you for flying with Korean Air."

 

You felt the plane descended and soon you had finally arrived your homeland, South Korea.  That fleeting dream shall be my one and only secret then.

 

 

You and Jiyong were waiting for Youngbae at a nearby bench. Youngbae wanted to go to the washroom as soon as the three of you had collected your respective luggage. Jiyong was scrolling down his SNS while you were just looking at any random people walking past. It is always interesting to watch passers-by from different nationalities. Besides, it allows you to be creative as to thinking where they were going and what are they going to do there.

 

      "What are you looking at?"

 

You turned your head towards Jiyong and shrugged. "Just some random people walking and creating stories in my head," you told him and turned your head back to where you were facing. He hummed, "Examples?" You nudged your head towards a little black boy playing with a little Chinese boy outside the gate. He turned his head towards where you were looking. "See that? Let's create a story," you told him.  He nodded in return. "A black boy and a Chinese boy playing despite being in different race. Their first meeting is probably now. But maybe, in the future, they may meet each other again and turned into best of friends," you explained. "So, now, create a story on how they will meet again and be best of friends," you continued and turned your head towards Jiyong.

 

Jiyong stared at the two boys playing. "They meet in a school and became roommates in their hostel. The black will get close to the Chinese and they begin to share stories with each other. And that is when they realized that they had met long ago instead of what they thought their first meeting at hostel is," he looked at you. You nodded in return, acknowledging his words. You scanned around and saw a lady who is around her 30s smiling at her phone. You nudged Jiyong's elbow and he looked at where you were looking at. "See that? She must be looking at her phone and smiling at how thoughtful her children is before going for her business trip," you told him. He smiled at your words. "I didn't know doing this would be fun," he spoke his thoughts. You just smiled in return. Both of you saw Youngbae left the washroom and Jiyong nudged your arm. "See that? He must have baked a chocolate cake and served apple juice to everyone since he actually took that long," Jiyong told you, grinning away. You laughed at his remark, knowing what he was referring to. Youngbae stood before you two and took his luggage in his hand. "You two done laughing at whatever you were laughing?" he asked. You nodded and stood up. Same for Jiyong. You all took your luggage and belongings respectively.

 

      "Jiyong Oppa?"

 

All three of you turned towards the direction of the voice. You felt as though your blood drained from your face. A skinny girl with shoulder-length hair was standing before the three of you. She was wearing an orange and white stripe dress with a denim vest to top off her attire. You turned your head and looked at the boys. Youngbae was speechless and shocked; his eyes gave it away especially when his sunglasses is still hung on his shirt. On the other hand, Jiyong was emotionless or wearing a look which cannot be read. You looked at the girl again. She was looking at the three of you, but you could tell her eyes were on you. She was judging you; you know it. Besides, this girl standing before you, you know her extremely well. Who wouldn't?

 

 Kiko Mizuhara.

 

You felt a dark aura admitting on your left.

 

     "What do you want, Kiko?"

 

His voice was cold and annoyed. This screams trouble. 

 


Sorry for not updating Chapter 16.. >.< Something happened on that Saturday and it's personal. Anyway, as an apology, I decided to update Chapter 16 before I get to class.. So, yeah. Next chapter will be either Friday or the weekends. That is the only time I'm free now.. T-T Anyway, what will happen next? xD Just look forward to the next chapter, nae? :) ;) Do comment.. Aniya, please comment~~ I feel very motivated each time I read your comments and I might release a chapter earlier than expected. *wink wink* Nae? And for my loyal subscribers from the very beginning, thank you for still supporting me and I appreciate and loved your support! <3 Do continue your support for me. *hugs everyone* And for my new subscribers, thank you for subscribing on me~~ <3 *hugs them* Hehehehehehe,Continue to support this story, nae? :) *makes a heart with my arms* SARANGHAEYO!! Do comment and subscribe~~ :) Until we meet again in the next chapter. :) :D