Chapter 27

12 Hours Together

15 months before wedding day

 

            "Hello? Baby, where are you?"

            "I'm on the way now."

            "Hurry up… I am dying here."

            "Just wait. I'm hanging up now. See you later, Oppa."

 

 You had just left from your hotel with Naeun. Apparently, Jiyong had booked a whole restaurant in Osaka to celebrate New Year's Eve. He had invited your family but only Naeun can go with you. Your parents are currently in Singapore, enjoying their date. Well, each time winter arrives, they are away in another country finding warmth. Therefore, the whole of BIGBANG, Naeun and you will be there to have some quality time together. That was what Jiyong said. Both of you are now in a car and are on your way to the restaurant. You hung up your phone and kept it in your bag. You glanced at your sister.

 

        "Who do you intend to flirt with?" you asked.

        "Wae?" she looked at you.

        "You look good today. So what's your intention?" you replied her.

 

Naeun was wearing a black top and a pink skirt. In order to keep her legs warm, she wore black tights under her skirt. And to top it off, she has a pair of high black boots on. Well, it's not that high - just under her knee. But to you it's really high. You can't believe your eyes when you saw Naeun wearing like that during winter. She never wore a skirt during winter before and right now…

 

Is Naeun taking flirting to a whole new level?

 

        "I find Daesung Oppa cute," she giggled.

 

Blanked.

 

        "Really?" you asked as you raised your eyebrows.

      

She scoffed, "You were too busy with Jiyong Oppa to notice other members."

 

What? Excuse me? I'm a VIP before you turned into a VIP. Don't try to talk big please.

 

        "Did you went out or something together before?" you asked.

        "No," she pouted.

        "So, you're taking advantage of me right now?" you gave your (-.-) look.

        "Not really, but yeah," she smiled.

 

I hate this little rascal. You rolled your eyes.

 

       "Why do you find him cute? He's quite innocent, you know?" you turned your head away from her.

       "Because he's innocent, I find him cute!" she frowned at you.

 

BWOH?!

 

You immediately looked at her, "You serious?"

 

She nodded and giggled.

 

Oh… My… God…

 

    "I see," you uttered.

 

Truthfully, you were blown away by her response. You didn’t expect her to fall for Daesung since she hardly spent time with him and to add on, she barely know him. "Unnie," she called you out. You hummed in response.

 

    "Will you be okay if he's your brother-in-law?" she asked.

 

WHAT?!

 

    "Aren't you being delusional right now?" you asked in return, slightly taken aback by her response.

    "Nevermind, we will see how it goes later on," she uttered and looked out of the window.

   

Am I supposed to be happy or worried? I don't know either.

 

 

The both of you alighted the car and Jiyong welcomed you. At the sight of you, he immediately hugged you tight. You smiled and hugged him in return before letting go of each other.

 

     "Babe! I missed you!" he pecked your nose before turning to Naeun. "Woah, are you hitting on someone tonight?"

 

She giggled, "Do I look good, Oppa?"

 

He nodded as he draped an arm over your shoulder. "Cute but my girl is cuter," he answered as he pulled you by your side.

 

This dragon is definitely a keeper. 

 

You grinned with pride when you heard Jiyong said those words. "Let's go inside. It's cold out here," he offered. Naeun entered ahead of you two. Jiyong and you walked together, his arm still draped over your shoulder.  Both of you entered the restaurant.

 

     "Who is she hitting on?" he asked you this time.

     "Daesung Oppa," you answered and looked at him.

 

He looked at you, surprised. In fact, you swore his eyes was twice the size of his actual ones. "Seriously?" he asked and glanced at Naeun. You nodded. "It looks like we have a free show tonight," he grinned. You also grinned, knowing what his words meant. As expected, the restaurant is empty except BIGBANG, you and your sister and the crews and chefs of this restaurant. Not to mention it's owner as well. Naeun and you greeted everyone before going to your seats.

 

     "Unnie, can I sit with you?" Naeun looked at you.

     "No, I am sitting with my fiancé," you answered her immediately as you took your seat.

 

You sat in between Jiyong and Youngbae. And that only leaves one seat left right across, which so happens to be in between Daesung and Seungri. TOP was sitting next to Daesung. You saw at the corner of your eye that Youngbae exchanging looks with Jiyong behind your back. Naeun made a face at you before sitting in between Daesung and Seungri. Upon sitting down, she shot you a glare, a glare you know it too well. A glare which declares war.

 

I'm more than ready to go on war with you, Jung Naeun.

 

     "So, Naeun, how is your café business so far?" Daesung turned his head and looked at Naeun.

     "It is doing fine. We might be signing a contract with Yang Sajangnim soon. He wants to be a shareholder of Misty Magic Café and Bistro and expand our business," Naeun explained.

 

Wow. Why didn't I know about this?

 

    "If you signed the contract, I'm sure that we will be more than willing to help you promote," Daesung beamed.

    "Really?" Naeun turned to Daesung and smiled.

 

Daesung nodded.

 

    "Or for a start, you can get Daesung to do a CF first," Jiyong smiled.

    "Then you better come up with a song or something for that CF," TOP looked at Jiyong.

    "I already have," Jiyong grinned.

 

He have? Really?

 

    "So, Miss CEO, are you going to sign with YG Entertainment?" you asked your sister.

    "Why not?" she shrugged.

   

Both you and Jiyong raised your eyebrows upon that response. A few waiters came to your table and begin serving the food.

 

   "Why did you two reacted that way?" Seungri asked and looked at you two.

   "No reason," you answered briefly and shrugged.

  

All seven of you begin to eat the food served. It is a seafood restaurant and from what it looks, they must have ordered a lot of food. You took a tiger prawn and begin to peel off its skin. Your eyes were locked to the prawn when it arrived so you decide to have it first. As you peeled the prawn, you decide to give Naeun a challenge. And knowing Jiyong, he wouldn't mind to join in the fun.

 

    "So, Daesung Oppa, do you intend to have a girlfriend soon or anything? How about Youngbae Oppa? TOP Oppa? Seungri?" you asked as your eyes are locked to the prawn.

    "Seungri is a player so it would take some time to have someone by his side," Jiyong answered. "TOP hyung has his eyes on Bom noona but he is not confident meaning he is not sure when is the right time to confess. Youngbae has his eyes on Chaerin but both of them are too prideful to confess."

 

And thus, Naeun and Haeun knows a lot of things which we are not supposed to know about.

 

    "What do you mean by 'too prideful'? It's just that I'm not sure if she has feelings for me! She's always with Jeremy Scott," Youngbae told Jiyong off.

    "You two basically got friend-zoned and are a pair of ego bastards who wants to confess but are unsure or waiting for the other one to make a move," TOP said. "And Jiyong, it's not cool to reveal something about us to your fiancé."

    "Daesung is a lonely boy so it's about time he has a girlfriend," Jiyong looked at Naeun and Daesung grinning away.

    "What about you, hyung? When are you going to confess to Bom noona? We all know that you always visit her when her drug thing came out. You even want to write a diss track to that Kemy rookie. And if it's not for noona and Yang sajangnim, we all will be listening to the legendary diss track right now," Youngbae told everyone.

 

WHAT?! WHY?! JUST REVEAL THE DAMN DISS TRACK. IMAGINE KEMY GET DISSED BY TOP OF BIGBANG. IMAGINE PEOPLE. IMAGINE.

 

   "And why did you not diss her?" you asked TOP and ate the sweet prawn.

   "TOP hyung is not someone who diss a lot. The most is that he would diss a banana for not being ripe. If you compare it to Jiyong hyung, he disappeared for 2 hours during MAMA last year and forced Teddy hyung to create a track and email it to him so that he can diss the whole event," Seungri answered you.

 

That explains a lot…

 

You turned your head and looked at Jiyong. He turned towards you and grinned, "Never underestimate G-Dragon." Upon that reply, you rolled your eyes and continue to savour the sweet taste of the prawn.

 

    "In fact, the rap during the rehearsal and the rap during the live are totally different," Youngbae told you.

    "I see…" you uttered, too distracted by the prawn.

    "What about you, Naeun?" Jiyong asked. "Do you have a boyfriend?"

   

You looked at Naeun who is eating prawn as well. "Errr, for me, I don't have one. I'm like Unnie. We don't really make friends and we only have each other," she answered.

 

What a lame response. Time to drop the bomb.

 

You were about to open your mouth when you heard someone else speak.

 

     "Is there anyone whom do you like in BIGBANG?" Jiyong asked and glanced at you.

 

I love this dragon.

 

Naeun immediately glared at the two of you. You continued to stare at her while eating, waiting for her response. All eyes were on her. "Just tell us. All of us go through that kind of ranking. I had to constantly battle with Youngbae just to win first place when it comes to your sister ranking BIGBANG's members based on her liking," Jiyong told her.

 

That's right. But it was just to push that dragon to the very edge. Not a great memory though. Jiyong will keep on doing things that I like and make sure that he secured the first place. Annoying yet loving. In fact, I do that whenever I'm bored. HAHAH.

 

      "For me… I like Daesung Oppa's vocals," Naeun uttered, barely lifting her head.

 

Bingo.

 

     "What about my vocals?" Seungri asked and looked at Naeun.

     "You sing about all the time," Naeun answered Seungri with your (-.-) look.

 

You grinned from ear-to-ear, proud of your sister's comments. His jaw dropped to the ground and you could he was embarrassed by Naeun's response. Daesung, TOP, Youngbae and Jiyong were already laughing and chuckling away. "I'm proud to have you as my sister, Jung Naeun," you grinned. Naeun looked at you and nodded.

 

    "Youngbae hyung also sang about ! He has 'Body'. What about GDYB? 'Good Boy' is also about !" Seungri tried to defend himself.

    "I don't care. There's no point defending yourself," Naeun told him off.

 

You sat there and drank the abalone soup, enjoying the free show before you. You know it will get more and more interesting if this continue so might as well keep quiet and watch.

 

   "Do you like Daesung because of his vocals or do you like Daesung because of who he are?" TOP asked Naeun.

 

Told you.

 

You lifted and looked at Naeun. Now, it's both Naeun and Daesung who couldn't lift their head. Silence was their reply.

 

Do they actually liked each other?

 

     "Do you actually like each other?" you spoke your thoughts.

    

Both of them lifted their heads and looked at you before looking at each other. Not really look, they just glanced and looked back down.

 

     "If you two really like each other, just say so. I wouldn't mind having Daesung as my brother. And take your time," Jiyong broke the silence.

     "You two actually liked each other?" Youngbae looked at the both of them.

     "Aniya, hyung. It's just this feeling… I… I… I don't know how to describe. It's the same for VIPs… B-b-but more," Daesung stuttered.

     "For Naeun?" you asked. You were actually surprised to see him stuttering.

 

Daesung nodded.

 

     "Jung Naeun?" you turned to your sister.

 

She kept quiet. And her face… IS SHE BLUSHING?! IS THAT HOW I LOOKED LIKE WHEN JIYONG TEASED ME?! You heaved out a sigh and decide to save your sister this time.

 

    "Among the whole of BIGBANG, Naeun likes Daesung the most. For his sincerity and purity. TOP Oppa is too bingu for her."

 

Sorry TOP Oppa.

 

   "Seungri is a player and she don't go for players. Youngbae Oppa has eyes on someone else. Jiyong Oppa is mine."

   "Awwwww, you said that Jiyong Oppa is-"

 

You shoved a piece of abalone from your soup into Jiyong's mouth to shut him up. And it definitely served its purpose.

 

   "Therefore, she likes Kang Daesung. I'm not sure when you two are going to make your move but at least I said something," you finished off and begin to eat.

   "Do you want to go somewhere after this, Naeun?" Daesung asked your sister. "Just… The two of… Us…?"

   "Go ahead. Your sister is mine," Jiyong said after swallowing the abalone.

 

Seriously. Isn't that marking your territory? Pfft. Naeun is still my sister.

 

Naeun looked at you before looking at Daesung. You could tell everyone are nervous about Naeun's reply. Even Daesung couldn't look at Naeun, he seemed extremely tense. To speak the truth, you are also nervous. But knowing Naeun, she's like you. Jiyong is your first boyfriend for 4 hours, or from what you see. He even screwed everything and went to engagement straightaway. And if it's meant to be, Daesung would be Naeun's first boyfriend as well.

 

    "Where should we go?" Naeun turned to Daesung and smiled.

 

Daesung immediately breathed out air and hugged TOP. "Hyung! I have a date after this!" he told him, the joy which is clearly noticeable. Even everyone cheered upon the response. This is day is indeed eventful. Naeun better thank you for this.

 

 

 

 

You lied down at the hotel balcony with Jiyong. He had laid out the blankets and mattresses on the floor and shifted the table into the room. You two lied down together on the mattress. There isn't a need to worry now. You shared the same hotel with BIGBANG. You had moved out of your room and into Jiyong's room while Daesung moved out of TOP's room and into Naeun's room. Poor TOP Oppa… Hope that he won't throw a fit tomorrow morning.

 

    "You know, someone once told me that she enjoys watching the sky. She will count all visible stars in the night sky because she feel peace in the night sky. Do you feel like counting the stars right now, Haeun?" Jiyong turned his head and looked at you.

 

He remembered every single detail about me? Wow… I'm loss for words…

 

    "Maybe?" you turned your head and looked at him.

 

He smiled and placed a kiss on your forehead before looking at the sky. You turned your head and looked at the sky. You had always find peace in the night sky. It's calming, dark and mysterious. It's when the world falls asleep and you have nothing but to enjoy the 12 hour of peace before the world wakes up again. And to do this with Jiyong, it's something more. "Haeun," he called you out. You hummed in return. "Look at that," he said in a loud whisper.

 

You looked at where his index finger was pointing. There was a light shooting from one side to another. You stared it, blown away. You had never seen a shooting star before.

 

     "Is that a shooting star?" you asked, almost blown away.

     "It's not a shooting star. It's an aeroplane," he answered. "But can we pretend it like a shooting star?"

 

It's not a shooting star?

 

     "It's not a shooting star?" you asked, slightly disappointed.

     "We don't need shooting stars, Haeun. We met on an aeroplane, remember?" he replied you.

     "Yeah…" you uttered.

     "Just for us, it will be meaningful if we make a wish with an aeroplane," he whispered.

 

True. After all, we met on aeroplane.

 

     "Shall we make a wish now before it strikes midnight?" you turned to Jiyong.

     "Let's do it," he smiled. "I wish next year will be the best year for us, BIGBANG and YG Family. And also we will be showered with lots of blessings."

  

You giggled, "I have nothing to wish for. I have a G-Nie who had granted my wish long ago." You felt him landed a kiss on your cheek and smiling after that. "What wish did G-Nie granted for you?" he whispered against your cheek.

 

Damn. My heart feel like exploding right now. How can he do that to me?! How is he still capable of making my heart race?!

 

      "To get reunited after the 12 hour flight."

 

All of a sudden, there were sparks and booms in the night sky. Both of you were startled at first, only to realize that it was the fireworks. Both of you watched in awe at the flowers which decorated the night sky. You decide it's best to surprise Jiyong this time.

 

     "Yeobo."

 

Jiyong immediately turned his head towards you, probably surprised that you called him that without him forcing you. But you didn't see his facial expression because you immediately landed your lips on his. Soft, sweet and loving. That was how his lips was always like. He too responded to your kiss. Eyes closed, world muted. Only you and Kwon Jiyong. That was how it was like each time you two shared a kiss. After some time, you let go of him and looked at him.

 

    "Wow… Haeun…" he breathed out, and you could tell he was taken aback by your move.

    "Happy New Year, Kwon Jiyong," you smiled and told him in English. "I love you."

 

His eyes sparkled and his smile was different this time. A smile you swore you never see before. Not a naughty smile, not a sincere smile, not a boyish or cheeky smile, not a sad and guilty smile and not a prideful smile. It's different.

 

How did I actually managed to differentiate all his smiles?

 

    "Happy New Year, Jung Haeunie," he replied you in the same language with his smile still there. "I love you very much." 

 

What smile is that?

 

     "Jiyong, I know you have a lot of smiles… But what is the smile did you just gave me?" you can't help but to ask.

 

He still wear his smile as he caressed your head. And your heart is already trying to burst out of your chest.

 

     "I didn't know you noticed all my different smiles, Haeunie. In case you want to know, this is called the 'I am happy to be with you' smile. And I really mean it." 

 


Hi! Did you miss me? xD Anyway, I'm sorry that I couldn't do an update spree today as my exam week is starting tomorrow. But fear not, I had prepared two chapters beforehand so that I won't disappoint you all. There had been an increasing number of subscribers lately and I am extremely happy that my writing managed to appeal to your interest. Do continue your support for me, nae? :) And for my new subscribers, thank you very much for subscribing! I appreciate it a lot!  <3 and for my loyal subscribers, continue to support me! I promise that I won't disappoint all of you. I love you all! Saranghaeyo! And don't forget to comment! Every comment that you had written for me, it means a lot for me. I had always been dreaming to be an author and each time you comment, it fueled my desire to keep on writing so that I will not disappoint you all. So, don't forget to give me lots and lots and lots of comments! Nae? :D ;) Kamshamnida... *bows*