Chapter 8 - Photo

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

4 days had passed since the first time Jongin start working for Kyungsoo. By now, Jongin had fully memorized what Kyungsoo's doing throughout the week.

Kyungsoo woke up early. By the time Jongin's arrived on Kyungsoo's house, the boy had been ready with his grey suit and looking all pleasant to the eyes. Kyungsoo worked until 7 or 8 PM, taking care of meetings, papers, and many other things. They would go for dinner on 9, and went back home. At the home, Kyungsoo didn't immediately rest. He would open his laptop and did more papers.

But...look at what day is today.

Saturday!

Weekend's here!

When Jongin opened Kyungsoo's door on 8, the doe eyed boss was sitting on the couch with a coffee on his right hand.

"Err..." Jongin awkwardly entered the apartment. "No work?"

"I'm working on monday to friday." Kyungsoo replied. "I trust the works on saturday to Taemin and Yoona."

Jongin blinked. "So... It's a day off?"

"Uh-huh." Kyungsoo said and sipped his coffee.

"Oh-, well..." Jongin looked around awkwardly. "...then... What should... I do?"

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin. He eyed the boy up and down. "You haven't eaten, right?"

"You told me not to." Jongin rose his shoulders.

"Well... Let's go grab some breakfast first. Today's schedule might be a little different."

Jongin raised both of his eyebrows high.

Kyungsoo hopped off from the couch and headed to his bedroom to change his clothes. The CEO readied himself in less than 5 minutes, coming out all gorgeous and handsome.

"Let's go."

Jongin followed the other from behind without making any noise. They made their way into the basement and hopped on a car.

"What do you usually do in saturdays?" Kyungsoo asked Jongin while he the car's engine.

"Oh..." Jongin blinked. "I... I'm usually... Working."

"Works?" Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. "Full time?"

"Full time." Jongin nodded. "I would start working on 7 and came back on 9."

"Well that's a rough weekend." Kyungsoo shook his head. "You don't spend your weekend with the family?"

Jongin immediately froze when Kyungsoo mentioned about 'family'. Pictures of his dad's face filled his mind in a great wave, making his lips tightly sealed together.

Kyungsoo turned his head when he got no reply. "Hello?"

Jongin blinked when Kyungsoo's voice pulled him back to reality.

Kyungsoo got a little confused when he saw Jongin's expression. "What's with you?"

Jongin shook his head. "N-nothing."

Kyungsoo frowned even more but then continued his question. "Yeah, back to the topic. So you don't spend your weekends with your fam-,"

"I don't." Jongin suddenly cut Kyungsoo's question with a rather shaky voice.

"You don't?" Kyungsoo asked without looking at Jongin. "Why? Your parents don't stay in Seoul?"

Jongin bit his lips. "No. They aren't."

"Oh, where do they stay?" Kyungsoo kept asking, sensing nothing wrong with Jongin.

"They..." Jongin held his breath. "...gone."

Kyungsoo immediately furrowed his eyebrows. "W-what do you mean?"

Jongin bit his lower lip. Talking about family always made him all angry, anxious, sad and mad.

"...my parents... They died..."

That one sentence slapped Kyungsoo right on his cheek. The doe eyed boy froze before slowly shifted awkwardly on his seat.

"Oh..."

Jongin looked down, stared at his own fingers. There was something weird filling his heart when he voiced his words out. Some part of him scolded him for not telling the truth, but some other part of him comforted him for doing so.

Kyungsoo on the other side immediately feeling guilty. But the stoic CEO kept on his words alone for himself and kept on driving to the breakfast place.

The journey filled with nothing but silence, so Kyungsoo's hand to play on some music.

 

She's staring at me, I'm sitting wondering what she's thinking

 

Jongin glanced at the CD player in instant. It's 'Mad at you', sang by Ne-yo. Jongin's favorite singer.

Jongin curved his lips into a small line, satisfaction clearly written on his face. The beat on the music sent a relaxing feeling throughout his body and he ended up listening to it closely.

 

I know sometimes it's gonna rain,

But baby can we make up now 'cause I can't sleep through the pain (can't sleep through the pain)?

Girl I don't wanna go to bed mad at you

And I don't want you to go to bed mad at me

No

I don't wanna go to bed mad at you

And I don't want you to go to bed mad at me (oh, no)

Umm

 

Jongin was loss at his own world. He didn't notice Kyungsoo was glancing at him numerous times as they drove. Kyungsoo was actually feeling a little anxious. He clearly realized that he had hit such a sensitive spot when he talked about family with Jongin. Kyungsoo knew he shouldn't have asked about it.

Kyungsoo wanted to say something to break the awkward silence but he didn't know what to say. Kyungsoo was good with words, but he didn't know why he couldn't say anything when he's around Jongin. It's like, he's afraid he would say something stupid that could lower his dignity.

Ne-yo's 'Mad' song had stopped, and now the CD player played another Ne-yo's song. Miss Independent. Not just that, it kept on repeating Ne-yo's other songs such as 'So Sick', 'Because of you', and 'She knows'.

When the CD player played another song from Ne-yo, 'One in a million', Jongin finally turned to face Kyungsoo.

"Are you a fan of Ne-yo?" Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo was startled for a while before nodded. "O-oh, yeah, yeah. I like his songs."

Jongin immediately flashed a cute grin at Kyungsoo. "Me too. I like it. A lot."

Thump.

There was something flew around in Kyungsoo's stomach when he saw Jongin's face. That made him immediately turned his head away from Jongin and cleared his throat nervously. "W-well, he's a g-good singer."

Jongin turned his head back to the front, nodded with a big smile on his face. "Yes! He surely is!"

"Y-you are a fan of Ne-yo?" Kyungsoo asked without keeping his eyes off the road.

"Hm!" Jongin nodded. "Especially his song called "Part of the list", I love it so much."

"Part of the list." Kyungsoo repeated with his eyebrows furrowed. "They're all part of the list, things that I miss. Things like your funny little laugh, or the way you smile, or they way we kiss."

Jongin's mouth gaped open as he gasped. "Omo."

Kyungsoo turned his head to the left. "What?"

Jongin blinked his eyes but he couldn't hid sparkles in his eyes. "You have a really good voice."

Kyungsoo immediately blushed when he heard that. Well-, he actually got compliment about his voice a lot. But this time, when he heard that directly from Jongin... That was the difference. Jongin could spread electricity all around his body with just a smile, and now he made Kyungsoo weak onto the knees just with a compliment.

What did this freak dark skin boy wanted? Kyungsoo put his best stoic face before looked away.

"I know." Jongin on the other hand, was deeply deeply mesmerized with Kyungsoo's voice. Soft, sugary and sweet like velvet. It reminded him with his dad's voice, so much.

"What's your favorite song?" Jongin asked out of curiosity. He tilted his head toward Kyungsoo with a big innocent smile.

"Billionaire, Bruno mars." Kyungsoo replied shortly.

Jongin fell into silence. Tsk, such a money-lover's song. Jongin had never liked that song, the lyric is too materialistic for Jongin's liking. And that song-, reminded him of someone he hated.

"Why do you like 'part of the list'?" Kyungsoo asked while he parked his car infront of one restaurant.

"Because I used to dance with that song a lot." Jongin replied with a big grin.

"Dance? You dance?" Kyungsoo raised both of his eyebrows.

"Yes!" Jongin replied again.

"Hee..." Kyungsoo said while turning his car's engine off and released his safety belt. "It doesn't show."

"And you? Why do you like 'billionaire'?" Jongin asked.

"Well, because that's exactly what dream is." Kyungsoo replied while hopping off the car and walked ahead to the restaurant.

Jongin who heard the answer immediately rolled his eyes. Isn't he already the one? He wants to gain more money?

"Humans like him will never get satisfied."

Jongin sighed and followed Kyungsoo from behind.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

After having their breakfast, the two headed to the office. Kyungsoo's plan was only to check on Yoona's works and some financial matters. He was totally in shock when Yoona told him that Suzy was waiting for him in his office room. Jongin glanced at how Kyungsoo's expression changed. The other boy immediately walked with a faster pace toward the lift.

Kyungsoo's expression brightened even more when he finally saw the a chocolate brown hair girl was sitting on his seat in the office.

"Suzy?"

Suzy looked up when he heard Kyungsoo's voice. Her lips curved into a big smile as she straightened her body to a sitting position. "Oppa!"

Kyungsoo immediately broke into the biggest and the brightest smile Jongin had ever seen. The CEO approached Suzy and gave her a light hug.

"Oppa, are you free now?" Suzy asked while tilting her head to her left.

"Oh, yeah. Of course." Kyungsoo replied.

"Can you take me out for a shopping? Then... We can have a dinner, at your favorite restaurant."

Jongin was sure he saw Kyungsoo's orbs widened in delight and the CEO nodded his head.

"Of course."

"Yeay!" Suzy squealed cheerfully. "Let's go, oppa!"

Kyungsoo smiled softly at Suzy and turned at Jongin. "You can go home."

Jongin blinked. "Eoh?"

"Tomorrow again, at 8. Okay?"

Jongin blinked and nodded his head.

A free day? Not so bad.

"Okay." Jongin replied. "Then... I'll be going home."

Suzy who was watching Jongin suddenly opened . "Do you walk to your home?"

Jongin was stunned when he heard the melodious voice of Suzy. "A-ah... Yes..."

"Is your house far?" Suzy asked again.

"Ah-, no... Not so far-,"

"Oppa, let Kim ahjussi drive this boy home." Suzy said to Kyungsoo. "It's really cold outside, he couldn't possibly walk alone!"

Kyungsoo raised both of his eyebrows and eyed Jongin. Well-, that boy didn't use a proper warm clothes after all.

"N-no, no need!" Jongin shook his head. Really, the last thing he wanted to keep as a secret was his apartment's address.

"But it's freezing!" Suzy shook her head.

"No, no. It's okay, it's okay." Jongin shook his head while smiling. "It's not that far, just around the corner."

Suzy gave Jongin a dissapproving look and turned at Kyungsoo.

"I'll-, I'll be gone then." Jongin awkwardly took a step back before bowed. "H-have a nice day."

With that last words, Jongin walked out of Kyungsoo's office.

Jongin sighed and pursed his lips into a thin line. Well-, that girl was quite considerable. She's not as y as the girl on that cafe that time. This girl looked gentle and kind, surprisingly.

Jongin raised both of his shoulders. Well-, there's still good rich people out there. World wasn't so bad after all.

Or did she just act kind infront of Kyungsoo to stole his heart?

Well-, could be.

Eh... Was that girl, Kyungsoo's girlfriend? Could be, since her photo wasn't there in the family picture frame. She definitely was Kyungs-

"Jongin."

Jongin turned around when he heard a charismatic voice called his name.

Kyungsoo approached Jongin and immediately folded his hands. "I'll ask the driver to drive you home."

"What?" Jongin gasped and shook his head. "No, don't."

Kyungsoo's left eyebrow twitched. "Why?"

"Because it's not necessary." Jongin replied. "I'll walk home. It's not that far anyway."

"No." Kyungsoo sternly rejected. "The driver will drive you home."

"Kyungsoo, please." Jongin begged at the end. "Can I please keep my home address as a privacy, please?"

Kyungsoo fell i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter