Chapter 43 - Reconnecting

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“A what?” Taemin frowned when he heard Jongin’s request. He was sitting on the chair with right hand holding a banana milk. “A psychiatrist?”

“Yes.” Jongin nodded, looking so serious. “Do you know any good psychiatrist? Like the best one-, the best one you know.”

“Oh well...I do... but...” Taemin tilted his head. “I mean what for?”

“Just to recommend it to my friend.” Jongin answered again.

“What friend?”

“Just friend.” Jongin insisted.

Taemin frowned again. “Do you have friends?”

Jongin put on a pissed off expression. “Excuse you, Taemin.”

“Hahahaha ‘cause I’ve never seen you with someone else.” He laughed before running his fingers on his silky almond hair. “Lee Jinki is one of the best psychiatrist in Seoul. He worked by the countryside of Seoul. I’ll ask Minho to text the number.”

“Thanks!” Jongin smiled and nodded his head. “You’re the best.”

Taemin just smiled before shaking his head. “You only said I am the best on times like these but you casually let me paid the rest of the food yesterday because you left me all of sudden.”

Jongin almost choked on his banana milk. “That-,”

“I am sad.” Taemin shook his head with a faked sad expression. “How important was what you saw until you left me alone...”

“Uhm---, it was nothing but...” Jongin bit his lower lip. “Sorry, Taemin-ah. I promise you next time the food will be on me.”

“Hahaahahaha” Taemin broke into loud laughter. “I was just joking.”

“You sounded damn serious.” Jongin protested.

Taemin chuckled and shook his head. Just when they were about to continue the conversation, one of the secretary approached them.

“The boss is looking for you.” The secretary said.

Taemin just hollowed his cheeks and nudged his chin toward Kyungsoo’s door from far. “Go.”

Jongin looked up and cleared his throat. These days he had been getting nervous at the thoughts of meeting Kyungsoo. Why-, he also had no clue. He couldn’t even notice how his fingers suddenly moved to slick his hair back, and smoothened his suit down. He walked toward the door and leaving Taemin who was still putting an amused smile on his face. The almond haired boy chuckled and shook his head, before paused.

A psychiatrist.

Why would Jongin’s friend need one?

Taemin frowned, but still managed to fish his phone out. He texted Minho, asking for Jinki’s number before tapping the phone on his chin. It’s not that Taemin was being nosy, but he knew Jongin and bad fortune stands side by side at times.

Would it be alright?

Taemin supported his cheek.

And again, that improper question once again crossed his mind.

Since when Jongin has friend?

 

 

 

 

When Jongin entered the office, he blinked. Kyungsoo had already standing by the lift.

“Follow me.” The other ordered with calm tone. At first it sounded as if he was ordering a puppy but Jongin approached nonetheless. “Where?”

“Buying gifts.”

“Gifts? For what?”

Kyungsoo turned around and stared at Jongin with a mocking look. “Of course... of course you wouldn’t know.”

Jongin still looked as confused before, his eyebrows furrowed.

“Just follow me.” Kyungsoo ordered, and when Jongin stepped after him, he paused again. “Where’s your coat?”

“Ah-, shall I take it?” Jongin looked confused.

“Of course.” Kyungsoo sighed as he stared at Jongin. “Do you want to become popsicle?”

“...no.” Jongin immediately turned around and grabbed his coat.

Kyungsoo held a smile when the other hurried back to his side. The way Jongin’s hair bounced with each step he took reminded him of how cute the other is. “Come on.”

They hadn’t been going out together for a while, so Kyungsoo was more than happy to take him out today. When the other took a sit beside him in the car, he tried to hide an even bigger smile. It felt right to sit with Jongin by his side.

It felt nice.

“Help me picking up gift for my friend’s birthday.” Kyungsoo said as they drove on the busy street of Seoul. “His birthday is on 3 of March.”

“On 3 of March...” Jongin repeated before widened his eyes. “...next year?”

“Yeah.” Kyungsoo nodded. “So troublesome. If only he wasn’t cute, I wouldn’t bother.”

Jongin nodded his head before tilted his head. “What would you buy him?”

“Uh...” this time, Kyungsoo paused for a bit. “I don’t know... That’s why I am taking you out a along.”

“Heee...” This time it’s Jongin’s turn to rose his eyebrows. “I don’t really know what to buy. I never gave presents to anyone before.”

Kyungsoo didn’t immediately react, but his eyes moved a bit as if he was recalling something. “You never?”

“Yes.” Jongin nodded and folded his arms. “By the way, how old is your friend? Around our age?”

“Yes.”

“Do you know what kind of thing he likes?”

Kyungsoo fell into silence again. This time longer. “...I don’t...really...know?”

“What the heck Do Kyungsoo.” Jongin gave the other a nasty look. “And you still dare to call yourself a friend.”

“Well, okay.” Kyungsoo groaned. “It is actually for Baekhyun.”

“For Baekhyun?” Jongin frowned, before showing even more disgust. “That is even worse. That is your cousin.”

“He is such a dynamic person, I don’t know what to buy.” Kyungsoo replied flatly. “He doesn’t have much favorite.”

Jongin frowned as his thoughts flew back to Baekhyun. Byun Baekhyun. The diva of the highschool. He might love to get a lot of eyeliners-, but Kyun

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter