Chapter 10 - Annoyed

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin and Kyungsoo came to the office only to be greeted with a pretty box on the top of Kyungsoo's working desk.

"Miss Minah sent this today." Yoona explained. "A gift."

Jongin who was standing behind Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows.

Minah?

Kyungsoo glanced at the box and gave a slight nod toward Yoona. "I get it. Thanks."

Yoona bowed politely before walking out of Kyungsoo's office room.

Kyungsoo sat on his chair and fixed his tie. Jongin on the other hand immediately walked toward the dispenser at the corner of the office room and made Kyungsoo a cup of hot coffee.

Staying for more than a week with Kyungsoo was enough for Jongin to memorize the other boy's habit. Kyungsoo always had his coffee right after he's arrived at his office. He needed it to totally woke himself up from his sleepy state. Kyungsoo couldn't live without coffee, precisely.

Jongin put the coffee cup down on the table. He turned around and was about to walk away when Kyungsoo suddenly straightened his body.

"You can have this." Kyungsoo said while pointing at the box.

"Eh?" Jongin widened his eyes. He blinked and stared at both of Kyungsoo and the box for a while in confusion.

"It's a cake." Kyungsoo replied. "That girl sends cakes often. I don't like cake, it's fattening. You can have it."

Jongin hastily took the tiffany blue colored box with his hands. "I can eat them all?"

"Go ahead." Kyungsoo replied while turning his laptop on.

Jongin felt the corner of his lips twitched. He immediately turned around and brought the box of cake with him.

Jongin sat the box down carefully and unwrapped the beautiful ribbons on it. Ever since he's working for Kyungsoo, Jongin had been filled with numerous food. The dark skinned boy got to eat a lot of food he had never expected he could and this time, he even got cake! Jongin's cheeks got chubbier and he didn't mind.

Jongin slowly opened the box of cake and found an alluring red colored cake inside.

"Woww!" Jongin cheered cheerfully. "This looked so good!"

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin before back to his laptop. "What cake is that?"

"I don't know." Jongin replied. "But it's surely pretty! It's red, and... There's... A lot of layers here. It looked like crepes but..."

"Oh." Kyungsoo cut him off. The young heir didn't sound interested with the cake.

Jongin who got that signal immediately pouted. Kyungsoo loved to cut his words so much. He turned his attention back to the pretty cake and once again squealed. "This looked so so yummy!"

"Then go eat it with the other kids." Kyungsoo said without tearing his eyes off the laptop.

"I will, later." Jongin nodded as he covered the cake with its box once again. "But I'm curious about something."

"What?"

"Ehm... This Minah girl..." Jongin slowly said. "Who's her?"

Kyungsoo stopped typing for a while. "Why do you ask?"

"Yeah... I mean..." Jongin blinked. "You have a lot of girls around you...but I don't know which one is your girlfriend."

Kyungsoo's right lips tilted upward into a smirk. "They all my girlfriends."

Jongin blinked. "All?"

"I have two girlfriends." Kyungsoo replied while continued his work. "One is Minah, the one that send the cake. The other is Hyeri. They are all my girlfriends."

Jongin's mouth parted open. "Are you being serious?"

"Yes." Kyungsoo replied.

"B-but... You have t-two girlfriends?" Jongin widened his eyes.

"Hn." Kyungsoo replied with a hum.

"Why?" Jongin asked, suddenly feeling bad toward the girls. "Do they know it?"

"They don't." Kyungsoo said easily. "And they don't have to."

"You are a playboy." Jongin tsked.

"I'm flattered."

"That's not a praise you know..." Jongin pouted again.

Rich kids were totally jerks, right?

"So... This Minah is...the one that I met in cafe that time?"

Kyungsoo stopped typing again and turned his head toward Jongin. "Huh?"

"The one...that I met when you..." Jongin's expression turned gloomy. "...got me fired out of the cafe that day."

"A-ah." Kyungsoo tried to hid his surprise when he finally remembered what Jongin was talking about...and what he had exactly done to Jongin that day. "That one. I've broken up with her."

"Eh?" Jongin widened his eyes. "Why?"

"You don't have to know." Kyungsoo continued his typing.

Jongin's eyes narrowed in suspicious.

Did the girl find out about Kyungsoo's affair?

Well she definitely did!

"I see..." Jongin finally answered. "Hmm... What about the girl that visited you last week? What's her name again...hmm..."

Kyungsoo stopped his typing again, but this time he really leaned on his shoulder to take a better look of Jongin. "Suzy?"

"Yes. Her." Jongin nodded.

"She isn't my girlfriend." Kyungsoo shook his head.

Jongin's eyebrows furrowed deeply. "Then?"

"She's soon to be." Kyungsoo added coldly from behind.

Jongin gave Kyungsoo a nasty look. "You've got yourself two but yet you still want another?"

"Suzy is different." Kyungsoo replied and finally focusing his attention back to the laptop. "If I could have her, I wouldn't mind to throw away the rest."

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo with both of his eyes rounded. Kyungsoo looked so serious with his words. His eyes fired up in determination.

Heee... He really liked that Suzy girl, huh?

Jongin lowered his gaze at the cake underneath him. "You surely don't want to taste this cake? I feel sorry to her if you don't even want to eat a slice of this."

"No."

"Seriously?"

"No."

"Really?"

"No."

"But she sent this specially for you." Jongin whined.

"Get out! You are really disturbing my work!" Kyungsoo finally shouted in annoyance. "Go and eat that cake with the other kids! I don't want to see that thing in my office! Now!"

Jongin jolted in surprise and immediately grabbed the box of cake with him. The darker boy ran outside in a hurry.

Kyungsoo was quite scary whenever he raised his voice like that.

Jongin was greeted with Kyungsoo's office workers's desks outside of the door.

"We've been waiting!" Taemin said cheerfully. "Boss definitely ask you to share the cake with us, right?"

"Y-yes." Jongin replied.

"Yosh! Let's go and eat it!"

Jongin and Taemin brought the cake to the small resting room beside the office desks.

"Wow! It's millecrepes!" Taemin gasped in awe when he saw the cake. "Red velvet millecrepes! From Lareia! Ah, Minah-ssi is so thoughtful!"

"Mi-,?" Jongin tilted his head to the left. What a weird name, why couldn't it be named in Korean?

"Let's cut it into slices and share it with the other kids!" Taemin cheered as he cut the cakes.

Jongin watched with sparkling eyes as Taemin placed each of the slices on the plate.

"Minah-ssi always sends cake once a week. Last week he sent us cheesecakes. Two weeks ago he sent blackforest. Well not for us exactly, but for boss Kyungsoo." Taemin explained.

"Every week?" Jongin gasped. "Does she know Kyungsoo doesn't exactly eat her cakes?"

"She doesn't know." Taemin chuckled. "Boss Kyungsoo always pretends that he loves the cakes."

"Why?"

Taemin rose both of his shoulders.

"To take care of her feelings?" Jongin scoffed. "A womanizer like him? Taking care of woman's feelings? Don't kidding me."

"A womanizer, eh..." Taemin chuckled. "But he's indeed a womanizer after all."

"How many girlfriends does he has, actually?" Jongin asked in curiosity.

"Three, actually." Taemin replied. "But he has broken up with one, so it becoming 2 now."

"He's the worst." Jongin shook his head. "And now he's trying to gain his third girlfriend by trapping Su-, Su-, what's that girl's name again..."

"Suzy-ssi?" Taemin asked.

"Yes, that one." Jongin nodded.

"Well, boss Kyungsoo doesn't really trapping her." Taemin said. "He has been liking Suzy-ssi since they were little."

Jongin frowned. "Eh?"

"Suzy-ssi is boss Kyungsoo's childhood friend. They had been together since junior highschool. They were neighbours before. Suzy-ssi visited boss Kyungsoo's home often so madam like her so much." Taemin explained. "Suzy-ssi is just like a part of boss Kyungsoo's family. Especially when madam really want a daughter."

Jongin found his frown got deeper. "I see..."

"But Suzy-ssi doesn't want to be more than just a friend for boss Kyungsoo." Taemin sighed. "She wants to keep a good relationship, she wants to be boss Kyungsoo's sister. Not lover."

Jongin once again nodded. "Well... That's the case..."

Taemin had divided the cake into different plates. "Yeap. Suzy-ssi has known about boss Kyungsoo's feeling since long long time ago, but she decides to just ignore it."

Jongin winced. "That's sad."

Taemin chuckled. "Well, boss Kyungsoo has a lot of girlfriends already."

Jongin scoffed again. "Maybe that's why Suzy rejects him."

Taemin broke into a laughter. "Could be, could be."

The two then started to distribute plates of cake to the other office workers.

"Wow, it's Lareia." Yoona gasped as she received the plate. "Minah-ssi is really serious about sending cakes."

Taemin nodded. "It's an expensive one, right?"

"Yes!" The other office workers commented.

Jongin took one bite of the cake and immediately flew to the sky once his tongue got to taste it.

"This is so good!" Jongin said.

"It's so good, right?" Yoona gave a bright smile. "Lareia's cakes are the best in the town."

The workers then started to eat the cake while talking to each other. Their works were abandoned for a while as they enjoyed their short break time.

Jongin who had finished his cake then brought the plate back to the resting kitchen. When he was about to put the dirty plate on the sink, his eyes caught a simple pastel pink card beside the box of cake. Due to his curiosity, Jongin's hand shot up and took the paper.

 

 

Oppa, I miss you soooo much! I've been trying to call you but you never answer. You must be super busy, right? I'm sorry I can't visit you because of a few problems...but I just want to make sure that you know how much I'm thinking about you. Oppa saranghae!

 

-Minah-

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin sighed as he read the letter. Kyungsoo was surely a jerk. How could he treat Minah just like this? He didn't even care about the cake!

Jongin took the letter. Maybe he should show this to Kyungsoo. Jongin knew nothing about Kyungsoo's girlfriends but after read the letter...he felt Kyungsoo had to respond it.

Jongin walked outside of the pantry and frowned when he saw someone was walking with a fast pace infront of him.

"M-minho-ssi!"

Jongin could hear Yoona's voice echoed on the room. His orbs largened.

Eh, Minho?

Jongin turned his head to the right and found the person who walked passed him before had pushed the door of Kyungsoo's office.

Taemin immediately ran a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter