Chapter 31 - Childhood

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin woke up from his deep slumber while fighting the heaviness on his eyes. The tanned boy sighed heavily and sat on the bed while rubbing his eyes. His brain started to replay what happened last night.

Ah, true. He dreamt about his dad. His dad even sang him a song with his beautiful voice.

Jongin stared onto the wall beside him.

He miss his dad.

Jongin slowly put his head onto the wall.

Being used to work here and there making Jongin couldn’t appreciate what is called ‘holiday’. Stay up in house doing nothing seriously is a lethal thing. Just in two days, Jongin had gotten this kind of serious panic attack that made him understand how is the feeling of unemployed people.

Depressing.

Just like him now.

Jongin closed his eyes.

When will Kyungsoo comeback? He hadn’t apologized to the CEO yet. Jongin knew what he had done is terrible, and he wanted to apologize. But Kyungsoo had left the apartment for the straight two days. He must be that angry that he didn’t want to see Jongin’s face anymore. Ugh… He always brings trouble whenever he goes, huh?

Jongin pouted his lips as sadness washed over him.

What is Kyungsoo possibly be doing at this time?

Just when he’s thinking about that, a loud voice of something fall in the kitchen surprised him.

Jongin widened his eyes and turned his eyes toward the door.

W-what is that? Something fall?

Jongin took his phone and shakily look at the clock.

It’s 6.23 AM. There is no thief that works in such a bright daylight, right?

A-and since it’s morning, there must be no ghosts flying around Kyungsoo’s apartment, right?

Jongin inhaled a shaky breath as his whole body suddenly trembled.

…could it be a mouse?

Omo, Kyungsoo would definitely kill Jongin if he found out there is a filthy creature called ‘mouse’ in his apartment!

Jongin stood up and walked toward the door. He twisted it open really carefully, before peeking outside.

Then his eyes widened.

There, in the kitchen, there was a silhouette of a man standing. He had his back on Jongin, busy with something in the stove.

Jongin’s head immediately went light when he saw it.

Who’s that?

A thief?

A ghost?

A mouse?

Just when Jongin almost fainted due to the shock, the man turned around and revealed his face.

Do Kyungsoo.

Jongin suddenly froze. His lips parted open in shock.

Kyungsoo also saw Jongin, and his eyebrows furrowed when he saw the tanned boy’s speechless expression.

“Jongin?”

Kyungsoo called out his name and Jongin blinked a few times in surprise. “E-eoh?”

“Did I wake you up? I accidentally knocked the frying pan, didn’t expect the sound to be so loud.” Kyungsoo said while glancing at the frying pan on the stove.

Jongin still didn’t budge from his place. He still stared at Kyungsoo with mouth open, as if Kyungsoo’s an alien from a far far away planet.

“What are you doing there?” Kyungsoo rose his left eyebrow. “Come here and eat.”

Jongin blinked a few times again to make sure that the boy infront of him didn’t disappear. When he still found the man staring at him in annoyance after a few blinks, Jongin slowly approached the dining table.

“What the hell is wrong with you? In such an early morning…” Kyungsoo mumbled without tearing his eyes off Jongin.

Jongin awkwardly sat in front of Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo pushed a bowl of rice toward Jongin. “Eat.”

Jongin groggily took the rice bowl and picked up the chopsticks beside him.

Since when did this CEO come?

What made him suddenly go back?

And why the hell he acted there like there was nothing happened before?

Jongin looked at the rice seriously, with mind flying everywhere. His action seemed to bug Kyungsoo in front of him.

“You are not going to eat?” Kyungsoo asked suddenly, tearing Jongin off from his daydream.

“I-,I’m eating!” Jongin replied and started to use his chopsticks to grab the food.

Kyungsoo frowned. “You r behavior is really weird… what happened to you? Are you sick?”

Jongin shook his head with mouth full of kimchi.

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes for a few seconds before looking down to his own food instead. “Your eyes are swollen.”

Jongin stopped eating. His left hand touched his left eye.

Ah, it’s indeed swollen. Must be because of yeste-

“Is it because of last night?” Kyungsoo asked without looking at Jongin. “After eat, go compress it with ice.”

Jongin’s eyes widened. “L-la-last night?”

Kyungsoo rose his head. “You don’t remember? Last night?”

Jongin forced his head to think a little bit harder before the forgotten memories that he didn’t recall suddenly flashed through his mind.

All the cries, all the hugs and all the sing…

OH,

Jongin felt his face burnt up and his left hand which was touching his eyes slowly moved downward to cover his face instead.

Ahh so embarrassing!

Jongin even added one more hand and practically burying his face onto his palm.

Kyungsoo who watched the embarrassed human tomato couldn’t help but smirked. “What are you doing? The soup is getting colder and you haven’t even touched it yet."

Jongin pull his hands off his face roughly, revealing a very red and embarrassed face. Jongin bit his lower lip, half annoyed and half ashamed, then grabbed the soup and drank it.

Then the two fell into silence, with Jongin still fidgeting about the embarrassing moment that just happened and Kyungsoo enjoying the other’s flushed face.

Suddenly, Kyungsoo’s voice broke the silence.

“…mianhae.”

Jongin rose his head and widened his eyes. “F-for?”

“For that night in the club.” Kyungsoo said without looking at Jongin. “I behaved like a jerk. Shouldn’t have left you alone there. Mianhae.”

Jongin widened his eyes and shook his head. “Ani, ani. It’s-, it’s me… who supposed to say sorry… I…”

Jongin lowered his face and his voice became weak.

“…shouldn’t have in your problem without further thinking…”

Kyungsoo smiled. “But you are right.”

Jongin rose his head and stared at Kyungsoo. “…about?”

“About me hanging out with boys and girls.” Kyungsoo replied. “When I was a little, I yearned to find love. I desperately dig it from everywhere. From teachers, from friends… and from lover. I went out with numerous boys and girls, but I couldn’t find what I was looking for so I left them. That keep on repeating until everyone suddenly call me the playboy. I get too carried out with the title and end up toying around with relationship as I grow older. My yearning changes from ‘love’ to ‘admission’. I started to crave that feeling of being needed, being chased and being loved…”

Jongin watched as Kyungsoo smil

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter