Chapter 18 - Reason

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin felt his blood ran cold. His hand which was previously holding the paper shook and his whole body weakened under Kyungsoo's hard stare.

The CEO glanced at the paper and photo Jongin was holding, and immediately took a long step toward the tanned boy. Kyungsoo snapped them away from Jongin's hand.

"What do you think you are doing, huh?"

Jongin winced. Kyungsoo's tone was cold. As cold as ice and it sent shivers down onto Jongin's spine.

"-, I..." Jongin gulped down harshly. His throat suddenly went so dry he found difficulties to speak.

Kyungsoo stared onto the papers on his hands and scoffed. "You read them all?"

Jongin's body trembled. He tried to look at Kyungsoo but whenever their eyes met, he immediately averted his gaze away from the CEO.

Jongin's terrified.

"Did you find it funny? Look at how desperate I am writing all of these down." Kyungsoo asked without waiting for Jongin's answer. His hand shuffled through the papers on his hand and let out a humourless laugh. "What do you think? Humm?"

Jongin looked down onto his feet. Both of his hands formed into tight fists beside each of his body to prevent himself from falling. His knees had turned into jellies that almost couldn't support his own weight. He was so scared and surprised with Kyungsoo's sudden presence.

"Why are you suddenly turning mute, Kim Jongin?" Kyungsoo asked as he put down the letters to the tables beside him. The CEO crossed his arms and stared at Jongin with unreadable expression.

Jongin bit his lower lip hard. He wanted to say something, he really did. It just, he didn't know what to say, or what to do. So he just stood frozen on his spot and looked down onto his feet.

"I thought I've thrown away those letters, but turned out that I still keep it here." Kyungsoo glanced at the opened wardrobe where he hid his box before. "And a little rat is coming to bugging in."

Jongin winced again but he stayed silent.

"I thought you were sick. Why walking around, huh?" Kyungsoo asked while approaching Jongin.

Jongin who saw it immediately took a step back, tried to put on some distance between him and Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo didn't tear his eyes off Jongin. He didn't stop walking even when Jongin's finally trapped between himself and the bedroom wall.

Jongin who had no place to run to immediately took a quick glance at Kyungsoo before panicking around. Kyungsoo finally stood right infront of Jongin with that cold expressionless face and smirked.

"You must think that I'm so patethic huh? Being a heartbroken for such a long long time, only for you. You, Kim Jongin."

Jongin inhaled a shaky breath, clearly uncomfortable with the distance between him and Kyungsoo. His back was flat against the wall and his body shook in fear.

"Did you know how much I've suffered back then? I even almost got overdosed with L-men, and ended up at the hospital for overworking myself in the gym." Kyungsoo took a step closer and Jongin let out a small whimper. The tanned boy pressed his body even closer to the wall, as if he wanted to become one with it.

"It's all because of you. You, you, you." Kyungsoo stressed his words with a low tone.

"K-kyung-," Jongin's words were stuck on his own throat. "-, s-sorry-"

"Sorry?" Kyungsoo let out a smirk. He stared at Jongin who glued his eyes on the floor. The CEO lifted Jongin's chin with his fingers.

Jongin gasped when he was unwillingly had to meet Kyungsoo's flaming eyes.

"You made me went through hell for years and what you say is only 'sorry'?"

Jongin let out a small whimper. Kyungsoo was so close to him, too close for his liking.

Kyungsoo lowered his face close to Jongin's ears before whispered softly. "I really, really, really want to take my revenge on you..."

Jongin widened his eyes. His body shot up on a defence manner when he felt Kyungsoo's hair brushed his neck.

Why?

He didn't know that he would make Kyungsoo felt that way. Jongin could swore, he had never expected that kind of reaction from Kyungsoo.

He didn't know Kyungsoo would be that heartbroken.

"You ran away just like that, did you know how the whole school looked down at me afterwards?"

No...

"They were talking about me for weeks, how the mighty Do Kyungsoo was rejected by Kim Jongin."

Please.

"Rejected because I was small, ugly and stupid."

That's not it.

Kyungsoo pulled away from Jongin's body and stared at him. "You know w-,"

Kyungsoo's words were cut when he saw Jongin's face.

The other cried.

Jongin bit his trembling lower lip to prevent him from crying, eyes watered with tears and cheeks flushed pink.

Oh

.

.

.

.

.

.

"W-why are you crying?"

As if just being splashed by water, Kyungsoo's emotion immediately disappeared just like that.

Jongin let out a sob and shook his head. "S-sorry..."

Kyungsoo gulped down. He all of sudden went nervous. The tears on Jongin's face had melted all his fury away and all of sudden, his mind went blank.

"Th-that's not how it is-," Jongin shook his head. "-that's not th-the main reason I rejected y-you..."

Kyungsoo's eyebrows knitted together. "What?"

Jongin bit his lower lip tight. He stared at Kyungsoo with frightened expression.

Kyungsoo took a step back. "Then what's your reason?"

Jongin gulped down and lowered his head. He stared to his feet and started to play with his fingers. "It's... Because of..."

Kyungsoo narrowed both of his eyes, putting full attention to what Jongin was about to say.

"...Chanwoo."

The CEO immediately rose both of his eyebrows high. "...who?"

"J-jung Chanwoo." Jongin repeated again.

Kyungsoo tilted his head to the left, eyebrows furrowed. "Who's that?"

Jongin rose his head in surprise. "Y-you don't remember? Jung Chanwoo?"

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows, trying to remember who's the guy Jongin was talking about.

"H-he's your classmate back then. Jung Chanwoo, Jung Chanwoo." Jongin tried to remind Kyungsoo about the boy he was talking about desperately.

Then something clicked on Kyungsoo's mind.

"-oh! Jung Chanwoo!" Kyungsoo nodded his head. "I remember. What's with him?"

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo with his slightly red puffy eyes. "...he's someone that I liked in highschool..."

Kyungsoo needed a few seconds to think before finally widened his eyes.

"Y-you what?"

Jongin bit his lower lip and avoided Kyungsoo's eyes.

Kyungsoo's mouth gaped open wide. He still couldn't believe what he had just heard.

It just, so unbeliavable because Jung Chanwoo was...

Jung Chanwoo was...

Kyungsoo's ex boyfriend!

Kyungsoo blinked a few times before furrowed his eyebrows. "Y-you did?"

"Yes." Jongin replied without looking up. "...even before you guys started dating..."

Kyungsoo took a step back and crossed his arms. "...so?"

"I-, I was so angry because you broke him off just like that!" Jongin said while playing with his fingers. "He told me everything, about how you left him for Namjoon."

"Well-," Kyungsoo sighed. "That guy is too childish, I got tired of him and that's why I broke him off."

"But you guys just dated for a few days! Is that even possible? You ditched him just in a few days!"

"Well, hello?" Kyungsoo let out a face. "I wasn't even fifteen at that time. It's normal for me to be quite a player!"

"Until this second, you are still a player!" Jongin tsked. "You don't know how much you have hurt him back then. He cried and called me every single night!"

"He took our relationship too seriously!" Kyungsoo threw his arms on the air.

"And a few weeks after you broke up with him, you said you like me!" Jongin glared at Kyungsoo. "You even forgot Namjoon, just like that."

"Namjoon didn't give a about our relationship, he already got himself a new girlfriend a day after our broke up." Kyungsoo stressed his words. "All of my lover back then did so-, I had no idea that Jung Chanwoo was so serious about me."

"He's so serious about you." Jongin said in a mocking tone. "He laid his heart on a wrong person. I've fallen for him since the first grade, yet he chose you!"

"Is that even my fault?" Kyungsoo scoffed. "He's the one that fall for me!"

Jongin sighed heavily and looked down. "Yes, it's not your fault. It just, I'm so annoyed with you back then. I was also, jealous, because I think that Chanwoo liked you because... Well you were famous, you were cute, you were rich..."

Kyungsoo froze when he heard Jongin's words. "Y-you call me what? Cute?"

Jongin rose his eyebrows and nodded slowly.

"So my looks has never been a problem for you since back then?"

Jongin sighed. "There's nothing wrong with you, idiot! I just tried to find a reason to reject you! There's no way I would accept you when you just dumped Chanwoo, right?"

"That's why you rejected me? Because of Chanwoo? Just it?"

"A-and you also was also indeed a spoiled brat back then!" Jongin added.

Kyungsoo let out a humourless laugh, totally couldn't get Jongin's reason.

"Just because you like-, oh... What have I done all these years?"

Jongin sighed again. "I never knew you would be that... C-cause I was just-, I me

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter