Chapter 2 - Heartbreaker

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

 

And I know karma's gonna get me back for being so cold

Like a big bad wolf I'm born to be bad and bad to the bone

If you fall for me I'm only gonna tear you apart

Told ya from the start.

I'm only gonna break your heart.

 

 

- Taio cruz, Break your heart -

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

"98..."

A girl with long dark brown hair walked toward Mokdong apartment's private gym with steady and confident sway.

"99..."

She gently pushed open the gym's door and entered it. Her eyes traveled around the room, searching for someone.

"100..."

"Ah... There he is..." The girl murmured to herself and started to take another steps to approach the one she was looking for, ignoring the stares she got from some men on the corner of the room.

A man in his twenties was busy doing a weight lift in the middle of the room. He wore a tight training shirt which revealed his well trained muscles on the back, serving eye-candies for the other girls who were silently watching him from far since the very first beginning.

The girl approached him with steady steps and stood beside him. "Young master, it's time for your date with miss Krystal Jung. She will be waiting at her house on 4."

The man put down the weight he had been lifting for minutes and relaxed his muscle. "Krystal Jung? The brand freak girl?"

"Yes." The girl bowed her head respectfully. "Good. You've made sure that Kim Jongin is working on the cafe you referred to before , haven't you?"

"I have." The girl said. "He will be working from 3 PM to 9 PM."

"Good." The man stretched his arms. "Yoona, prepare my car."

"Which one, sir?" The girl who was called Yoona asked politely.

"Just prepare the Black Merci." The man smirked. "Even though it just a small worthless new cafe, my date should be spoiled a little so she wouldn't be that dissappointed."

"I understand." Yoona bowed her head again.

"There is no meeting I should attend anymore, right?" The man asked.

"No, sir." Yoona replied.

"Good." The man nodded his head. "You can go, Yoona."

"Excuse me," Yoona bowed her head again politely.

"Master Kyungsoo."

Yoona then turned her body and left the gym room.

Kyungsoo, the young master, smirked once the door was being closed. He walked toward the shower room and stared at his reflection on the mirror.

Clean and flawless white skin, lean body, sixpacks, well trained hands and legs.

Perfection.

Kyungsoo took the shaver beside the wastafel and started to shave away his not needed hair, leaving his face now squeaky clean, fair and radiant.

"Nice." Kyungsoo's smirk went wide. "Nice, nice Do Kyungsoo. Nice."

Kyungsoo's smirk disappearred, leaving his face emotionless.

"Kim Jongin."

Those heart-shaped lips parted to mention that name he hated so much.

"Let's reunite."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"Jongin, can you take that empty plate over there?"

Kim Jongin, the guy in a waiter's uniform looked up from the tray he just put on the sink. "Oh, okay!"

Jongin immediately rushed toward the table his senior just pointed at and picked up the empty plates there.

The newly opened cafe was quite busy that day. Jongin, as a trainee in that cafe had to fight hard to keep up with the busy rhytmn.

Yes. Jongin was just a trainee in that cafe. He had to join the trainee for a week and the owner would inform whether he got accepted as an employee or not later.

Jongin walked a little bit faster toward the kitchen. He put the tray of empty plates on the sink and straightened his body.

Phew...

What a busy d-

"Jongin! New customer!"

Oh man, he couldn't even got a minute to take a breath!

Jongin groaned slightly as he made his way out of the kitchen.

"Table number 9. I've given them the menu book." His senior, a tall girl pointed. "Hurry, hurry."

Jongin tsked softly.

Why don't you just go by yourself? You are not doing anything!

But of course the tanned boy just kept those words inside of his heart. He needed this job. He didn't want to be kicked out just because he fought with his senior. A senior which entered the cafe only 8 days earlier than Jongin.

"Huft." Jongin sighed as he made his way toward the table.

There were a girl and a man in that table. From the back, they looked like rich couples. Just look at the branded things they wore.

Jongin approached them and bowed, trying to get rid the sluggishness he felt deep inside.

"Hello, may I take your order?"

The man on the table looked up from the menu book and locked his eyes with Jongin's.

And that time, Jongin's eyes immediately widened.

That face, the face he recoqnized so much.

The face of a person who confessed to him years ago.

The face of Do Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, was also stunned when he saw Jongin. Of course he had prepared to see Jongin, but he still couldn't help but got surprised. That face hadn't change much, but it did get prettier than before. Okay-, a lot prettier. He looked even prettier than in the photograph!

Krystal broke the silence between those two by saying her order. "Greentea latte, please."

Jongin immediately turned his head toward Krystal, almost jumped on his place when he heard the girl's voice. "A-ah?"

"Green tea latte." Krytsal repeated, this time lifting her head up from the menu book. She looked a little bit annoyed to replay her words again.

"G-g-green t-tea." Jongin stuttered as he scribbled down on the note nervously.

Omo, his hand-writing became so messy he himself couldn't read it! And the fact that Kyungsoo didn't tear his eyes away from Jongin at all just made him even more nervous.

Does he remember?

Does he?

Does he???

Jongin felt his bones melted away with the thoughts of the past-, the day when he broke the other's heart.

"Chagiya, what do you want?" Krystal turned her head toward Kyungsoo, flashing a sweet smile toward him.

"Eoh?" Kyungsoo turned his head toward Krystal before turned it again toward Jongin. "My order, huh?"

Jongin gulped down nervously when that black orbs hit his own again. He lowered his gaze to avoid Kyungsoo's eyes.

I hope he doesn't recoqnize me...

No, please don't recoqnize me...

I'm not Kim Jongin...

Please don't recoqnize me...

Pl-

"Cappuccino, please." Kyungsoo said and looked away.

Jongin's tensed body immediately relaxed.

So he doesn't remember...

The tanned skin boy exhaled the breath he had been holding softly. "O-okay... One green tea latte... And one cappuccino. I-is that all?"

Jongin just wanted to go away as fast as he could. , he couldn't even survive any second more under this Do boy's stare. He had to run away before Kyungsoo recoqnized him!

"Well..." Krytsal looked up the menu book. "There's nothing interesting after all... All the menu looked shabby. Honey~ why are we having a date in such a boring place?"

Jongin glanced at Krystal before rolled his eyes without her knowing. Look at her. So fancy sitting there with a face full of makeup and forceful whiny voice. Speaking as if all her commands should be fulfilled like a princess, complaining here and there and using her best sickening aegyo to seduce boys.

Ha. Rich girls .

Jongin averted his gaze back to Kyungsoo, slowly examining him.

Kyungsoo surely had changed. A lot. He looked a lot manlier than he was in high school. That body looked strong and muscular, and he had grown up into a very handsome man.

"We will go with drinks only." Kyungsoo's voice startled Jongin again.

"O-okay." Jongin stuttered.

He doesn't recoqnize me!

Horray!

"Then... I'll excuse myself first." Jongin said groggily while bowing down.

When the boy his heel and about to take a step, Kyungsoo's voice stopped him again.

"I'm thirsty, so make it fast... Kim Jongin."

Jongin widened his eyes as big as he could and immediately turned his body to meet a stoic looking Kyungsoo.

"Kim Jongin?" Krystal repeated with furrowed eyebrows. "Oppa, you know him?"

"Reading his name tag of course." Kyungsoo replied simply and turned his head with his stoic face to stare at Jongin who had gone pale. "What are you doing? Go!"

"A-a-okay..." Jongin bowed and immediately running toward the kitchen. His right hand clutched his nametag tightly.

...

This stupid name-tag...

He recoqnizes me now!

Oh no!

Stupid, stupid, stupid name-tag!

Argghh!

Jongin slammed the book on the table. "One green tea latte and cappuccino, please!"

When the barista had responded him, Jongin felt his legs trembled hard like jelly so he had to support himself by holding on the table.

"Omo..." Jongin's breath came out uneven. "Omo... What should I do?"

Jongin didn't want to come out and serve Kyungsoo anymore!

Cold sweat formed their way on Jongin's forehead as the petite boy started to look around.

He couldn't go outside again! He had to plead to his senior so that Jongin didn't have to meet Kyungsoo again!

"Where's Sayeon noona?" Jongin whispered to himself. He peeked outside to see the girl was busy with another customer. His other seniors were also busy with cashier and cake's showcase.

. This cafe really needs more waiters!

"Jongin, here's the cappuccino." The barista said while putting a cup of hot cappuccino infront of Jongin.

Jongin stared at the cappuccino in horror. His eyes followed the barista's fast hand movement to make the green tea latte.

Oh, no... Should he himself bring the order outside?

He really didn't want to meet that Kyungsoo guy anymore!

"Here's the green tea latte." The barista said. "Done! You can go now!"

Jongin stared at the barista with puppy eyes.

"What?" The barista stared back in confusion.

"Hyung, you should help me! I-, I really need your help!"

"What help

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter