Chapter 23 - Bali Day 4

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"I know, I know. The one in Ubud, right?"

Jongin's eyes fluttered open when Kyungsoo's voice came across his ears. He stirred on his comfy sofa before finally open up his eyes.

"That's a nice idea, but I don't know if Jongin could ride a bicycle or not."

Jongin fully regained his consciousness when his name was being mentioned. The boy turned his head to search for Kyungsoo but he didn't find the other inside of the room.

"It will be perfect for an evening getaway."

Kyungsoo's voice was heard again, and Jongin finally could track where it was coming from. Turned out the CEO was sitting on balcony's chair.

"I see. I've called that man. Yes, I've booked it. Thanks, Baek."

Jongin sleepily rose from his 'bed' and dragged his body to looked outside.

There, Kyungsoo was sitting. His right hand was holding the phone while his left hand held a hot steaming coffee cup.

"Oh, hey. Have you met Suzy?"

Jongin blinked back the sleepiness from his eyes and glanced at the sun. It's still quite early, the sun just rose. Kyungsoo wakes up early everyday, even on holiday. Jongin himself didn't know why.

"I don't know, she suddenly called me last night...and she said that..."

Jongin sleeply walked toward the door heading to the balcony and yawned.

"...she's missing me."

Thump.

Jongin immediately stopped yawning. His feet stopped shuffling as he stood frozen behind Kyungsoo.

"What do you think Baek? Maybe she's in trouble? Or...is she giving me a chance now?"

Kyungsoo's voice was weak, and also full of hope. It sent invisible shots to Jongin's heart and the tanned boy gulped down to calm his sudden sore chest.

Is Suzy that important? That Kyungsoo had to let out such an expression, such a pleading voice.

"...I know. Yeah, I'm just speculating. So you haven't met her these days?"

Jongin took a few steps back before soundlessly turned around and headed back to his sofa.

"If you met her later, make sure she's healthy, okay? She didn't sound well last night."

Kyungsoo's voice was still heard clearly from inside of the room.

"...yes. Okay. It just, she's been in my mind since last night. I can't sleep well."

Jongin bit his lower lip.

Oh, now he understand the reason of Kyungsoo's sudden mood change last night. The CEO suddenly spaced out a lot and kept on replying chats on his phone. He didn't talk much with Jongin, and whenever he did, his mind was somewhere else.

Jongin laid his body back on the bed. He felt weird, like all of his body suddenly became weak. He felt sleepy again and at the end snuggled further into the pillows.

Jongin fell back into slumber, and he didn't realize how long he had fallen back to sleep. He just woke up when a hand shook his body.

"Oey, wake up. It's 9."

Jongin 's eyes fluttered open for the second time that day and turned to see who's the sleeping invader.

"Here in Bali you keep on waking up late. Are you turning into a pig or what." Kyungsoo tsked and turned to walk away.

Jongin's nose caught fresh soap scent from Kyungsoo. He also saw that the CEO's hair was still dripping wet. So the other had taken shower.

"Sorry," Jongin mumbled while sitting up straight and rubbed his eyes. "You want to get your breakfast now?"

"Yes, but I don't feel like eating in the dining hall. Let's try a brunch in St. Regis." Kyungsoo nudged his head to the bathroom. "Go and take a shower. Quick!"

Jongin gathered his consciousness and walked toward the bathroom.

After hearing the clicking sound of the bathroom, Kyungsoo sat on the bed and stared at his phone. He had been replying Suzy's line chats since last night. Suzy and Kyungsoo didn't meet a lot, but they were a chat buddy. They chat each other everyday, sending informations about where are they and what are they doing. But Kyungsoo hadn't been looking at his phones for almost a full week. Suzy's chats were abandoned and no wonder the other girl felt upset and worred at the same time.

Kyungsoo sighed as he put his phone on the bed. He turned his head to the bathroom.

Kyungsoo was too busy with Jongin these days. Before Jongin came, the other had nothing to do but to work and go to the gym. But since the tanned boy entered his life, Kyungsoo felt like he suddenly became so busy that he forgot other things such as his own handphone. It's not like he wasn't busy before Jongin came. It's just... A different kind of busy. Jongin brought a 'hecticness' which was more enjoyable than before. A hecticness that didn't give him an empty feeling.

Jongin filled the gape inside of him that even Suzy couldn't fill.

Kyungsoo stared at the television infront of him and sighed in frustration. He should've been happy to know Suzy is missing him...but he doesn't really. Suzy's continuous chats just slightly irritated him for no clear reason. He was worried, and Suzy's face filled his mind, making him grew restless.

Maybe that's because the pretty girl was disturbing his holiday?

Kyungsoo also didn't know.

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

The Boneka restaurant in St. Regis hotel was superb. It was a beautiful and super large place, filled with numerous kind of delicacies that stole Jongin's attention.

"Woaaa! Is this place real?" Jongin gasped as he entered the restaurant.

Kyungsoo didn't reply. He's busying himself with his phone, replying Suzy's line that asked him where he's at.

Jongin turned toward Kyungsoo. "Where should we sit, Kyungsoo-ah?"

Kyungsoo didn't reply, neither rose his head from his phone.

Jongin waited for a while until Kyungsoo finally broke his eye-contact with his phone and looked at Jongin.

"Just sit wherever you want."

Once he said that, Kyungsoo focused his attention back to his phone.

Jongin pursed his lips when he saw Kyungsoo didn't pay attention to him. The tanned boy huffed and headed to one of the chair in the restaurant and sat down.

Kyungsoo followed and also sat down. Then he opened his camera application and started to snap a picture of the whole restaurant before got busy again with his phone. Jongin waited infront of him for quite a while.

After quite a long time, Jongin huffed in boredom. He looked around to hid his annoyed expression.

This restaurant was fancy, for sure. Jongin was actually wondering about how much money Kyungsoo spent for eating at these expensive restaurants. The atmopshere was also really pleasant. Everyone was taking their time to eat, talk to each other, in peace. There's no stressful face neither rushing around here and there.

Jongin's attention was accidentally got stolen by a couple of Japanese couple in the corner of the dining room. The girl and the boy sat next to each other, cuddled like there's nobody watching. The girl laid her head on the boy's shoulder while the boy's hand running through her hair.

Jongin bit his own tongue when he saw that. He really wish, one day his destined one and him will be the one that doing things like that.

Jongin sighed before turning his head back to Kyungsoo. The CEO was still busy with his phone, just like earlier.

"Hei," Jongin called out. "We are not gonna eat our breakfast?"

"Huh?" Kyungsoo finally rose his head. "O-oh, you can go take yours first."

Once he said that, Kyungsoo looked back again to his phone.

Jongin rolled his eyes before got up from his seat. He threw one last annoyed look to Kyungsoo before leaving to take his own food.

Kyungsoo typed back the replies for Suzy before sighed and turned his phone down.

Damn, his eyes started to get hurt because he's been staring at his phone for quite a long time already. Suzy kept on replying his messages fast, not like usual. Usually he should wait for a good hour or even a day for a simple reply.

Kyungsoo turned his attention to spot Jongin. Once he saw the other was taking his juice over there, he immediately walked after him.

"Orange juice immediately? You will get a stomachache." Kyungsoo commented when he saw Jongin taking a glass of orange juice.

The tanned boy turned around and gave Kyungsoo a look. "Oh, finally you come to eat?"

"Why? Can't I?" Kyungsoo rose his left eyebrows while moving to take a glass of water.

"You were so busy with your phone that I think you might will get full with that." Jongin mumbled.

Kyungsoo drank his glass of water and smirked. "Oh, so you get lonely because I don't talk to you?"

"I'm not!" Jongin immediately snapped. He then walked ahead to leave Kyungsoo and back to their table.

Kyungsoo just widened his smirk and he looked around for a food hunt.

"Hey, let's just play the water slide later on when it's summer in Korea." Kyungsoo said when Jongin approached him again.

"Oh?" Jongin took his plate and nodded. "Then what will we do today?"

"Baekhyun suggested me to go for a cycling in Ubud. Since we live in a big city, maybe a trip to a village wouldn't really hurt. You can ride a bicycle, right?"

"You kidding me?" Jongin frowned. "I was once delivering milk everyday around Seoul. Of course I can ride a bycicle."

"You delivering milks?" Kyungsoo rose his eyebrows high.

"Yeah." Jongin replied while taking his pasta.

"You have a lot of working experiences, aren't you?"

"Need that for keep on living, Do Kyungsoo." Jongin replied without looking up from his plate.

"Oh," Kyungsoo couldn't utter any more words. He stared at Jongin for a while before turning back to the food infront of him.

"Hey!" Jongin yelped when a large cut of chicken cordon bleu being placed on his plate.

"Eat a lot. You gonna need it today." Kyungsoo said flatly.

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo for a while before looking down at his food. He rose his shoulders and turned to pick on more food.

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin's retreating back for a while. His lips curled into a soft smile as he saw the other strolling around and picking food excitedly.

Always excited whenever there's food around. Where did Jongin keep all the food he had eaten in such a small body?

Jongin;s weird.

But Kyungsoo liked that.

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

Ubud is a beautiful village, Jongin could swore. For someone who had spent his entire life in the city, seeing rice fields and green trees was something new for Jongin. Ubud is spectacular!

After buying big amounts of Balinese milk pies in Kuta, Kyungsoo drove to this place. Far away from the hustle bustle life in Seminyak and Kuta. No beaches, but that's totally fine. It's green everywhere, and it's pleasant for the eyes.

Kyungsoo spoke to a grandpa who had the rental bike while Jongin taking a short walk around the place.

Jongin inhaled deeply and closed his eyes, letting the fresh air filling his lungs. He then released it with a big sigh and grinned.

So they will be cycling around this beautiful street with bicycle for an hour or so, enjoying the orangish sky and traditional touch of Balinese village.

"Jongin, come on, let's choose the bicycle." Kyungsoo called out flatly, taking Jongin back to reality.

Jongin and Kyungsoo then headed to the big amount of bicycles being parked near the old grandpa's house. There a few more people there, choosing here and there. Jongin's attention was stolen by a pastel blue colored bicycle and went to grab it. When he took the bicycle, he accidentally saw a girl beside him holding a pink colored bicycle.

Jongin froze.

That girl... Was so pretty!

She was wearing a simple casual shirt and a training pants, and she got her hair tied securely behind her head. She had such a small lovely face, round perfectly shaped eyes and beautiful smile.

Perfection.

"So, I'll be here in an hour, right?" That girl spoke in a perfect English language to the old grandpa before broke into a sweet smile. "I understand, then I'll see you later!"

With that, the girl started to pedal her bicycle passed Jongin and straight down the street. When she passed Jongin, the tanned boy could smell the faint strawberry scent from her.

"Wow," Jongin sighed. "She's crazily pretty."

"Hei, you pick that up?"

Jongin almost jumped when he suddenly heard Kyungsoo's voice behind him. He his heel and greeted by Kyungsoo's flat face. "Y-yes!" Jongin nodded.

"Fine. Let's go." Kyungsoo said and he started to pedal his bycicle away.

"A-ah? Wait!" Jongin shouted as he also hop on his and pedal it right after Kyungsoo.

The journey throughout the street was pleasing. Jongin could see some Balinese local people and they all greeted with big smiles on their faces

"They are so friendly." Jongin commented. "And this road is amazing! Oh my God! Look! Kyungsoo, look! It's a superrrr green rice fields!"

"Yeah, I know." Kyungsoo replied while step on his pedal. "It's pretty."

They kept on cycling around for nobody knows how long already. It just the sky slowly grew purple and Kyungsoo glanced at his phone.

There's 10 minutes more to go.

"What is that, over that? A bamboo jungle?" Jongin asked while pointing at what looks like a jungle from far.

"Mayb-, wait. Jongin. Wait." Kyungsoo said as he stopped his bicycle.

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows as he stepped his feet on the ground and stopped a little far ahead from Kyungsoo. "What? What's wrong?"

Kyungsoo took his phone out of his pocket and unlocked it. He typed back a message before frowned.

Jongin rolled his eyes when he saw the CEO busied himself again with the phone.

Always like that, isn't it a day full phone now?

Hmph.

Kyungsoo was still busily typed back the replies and Jongin finally got enough. The boy turned his head back to the front and pedal his bike away, leaving Kyungsoo alone.

Kyungsoo was too busy with his own phone to realize that Jongin had gone missing.

Jongin approached the jungle he was taken a curiosity on before. He pedal further as he entered the small cycling way toward the jungle.

Wow, it's so pretty over there.

In the corner of the jungle, there was a small waterfall and Jongin kept on cycling there without thinking.

Once he got there, Jongin parked his bycicle and hopped off. The boy ran toward the waterfall and extended his hand to touch the water of a small river underneath it. It's clear, and it's cold. Refreshing on a hot day like that afternoon.

Jongin shivered in pure delight, before started to splash the water furiously like a little kid. Then he heard the sound of bycicle behind him. Thinking it might be Kyungsoo, the other turned with a pouted face and ready to protest the other for being such a gadget freak that day.

But turned out the one that stops

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter