Chapter 33 - What is love

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“So, we are breaking up?”

The question came out lightly from a woman who’s now sitting in front of Kyungsoo, as if she had predicted it from long ago.

Kyungsoo looked into the woman’s eyes and nodded. “Yes, Hyeri-ah.”

The pretty woman shifted her gaze to the glass of sparkling wine she’s holding. “Ah, I already know it. This day will come sooner or later.”

Kyungsoo didn’t tear his eyes off Hyeri. He kept on putting a calm expression, waiting for the y girl’s answer.

“You should’ve let me be the one that ask for a break up.” Hyeri tsked before smiled. “What a heartbreaker.”

Kyungsoo smiled when he saw the other’s playful voice. He knew Hyeri wouldn’t get angry at him, that’s why he brought the other to an expensive restaurant. Other than to give the girl one last treat before really separate away, he at least wouldn’t get splashed by water like Krystal probably would do.

“You are finally getting serious with all this lovey-dovey thing, huh?” Hyeri asked.

Kyungsoo tilted his head to the left and smiled.

“Me too, I also have to get serious.” Hyeri put down her glass of sparkling wine and sighed. “I also have to stop playing. Need to get serious.”

“That’s very rare of you,” Kyungsoo frowned. “Since you always think lightly of these kind of things.”

“I have gotten older and older, you know?” Hyeri scoffed. “I need a serious relationship. The one that stays throughout eternity, till the day I die.”

Kyungsoo fell into silence. Wow. He never imagined that kind of words would come out from Hyeri’s mouth. Really.

“Aren’t you the same?” Hyeri asked while supporting her head with her right hand on the table. “Don’t you breaking up with me because you are finally decided to commit to someone special?”

Kyungsoo felt an arrow shot right across his heart.

…someone special? Well he stopped doing this because he wanted to quit playing around as well…but to commit like what Hyeri just said…

“It’s the guy that I met in your apartment last time, isn’t it?” Hyeri asked with a mischievous smirk.

Kyungsoo stunned when Jongin’s face crossed on his mind.

… Jongin?

“I’m envious.” Hyeri sighed. “To have someone like you as a future, he’s a lucky one.”

Kyungsoo still didn’t say anything. His mind uncontrollably started to be filled with Jongin’s faces.

“But you should take a great care of him.” Hyeri warned. “He is so innocent and cute. Some people might try to steal him from you.”

Kyungsoo shifted his gaze away from Hyeri’s face.

Someone to commit… He used to hope that Suzy would be the one standing beside him as a wife. He used to dream about her being his last girl.

…but it’s not ended up that way. Suzy’s taken, and just like what people around him keep on say…

...Suzy’s not made for him.

Then came Jongin.

The one that filled his days, the one that brought him back to life by finally get to feel and enjoying little things again. By his random chatters, by his genuine smile.

Jongin had made Kyungsoo changed. He awakened the childish side of Kyungsoo that long asleep deep inside him.

He made Kyungsoo enjoy every seconds of his life by the roller coasters of emotions.

He makes Kyungsoo feel alive.

And he makes Kyungsoo feel glad to be alive.

“Let’s do a toast for the last time, before we officially breaking up.” Hyeri smiled and rose her glass of sparkling wine in the air. “To the better future.”

Kyungsoo forced a smile and rose his glass as well.

As the glasses collided lightly and made a beautiful sound filling the air, Kyungsoo’s mind was still elsewhere.

“Cheers.”

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Jongin froze on his spot, standing rigid on his place when he found Sehun and Tao staring at him.

Sehun looked so surprised. His eyes widened as big as he could, and his mouth opened big but no words came out.

Tao on the other hand, seemed to be surprised at first, but then turned cold and scary at the next second.

This… what happened?

The aura inside of the office room grew thicker, and Jongin felt nervousness gulped him alive.

Tao suddenly released his grasp on Sehun, letting the other fell to the floor while panting.

“…well?” Tao rose his shoulders and turned to approach Jongin. “You didn’t tell me that you bring him along.”

Sehun’s head snapped up and he shouted. “No, Tao! Leave him alone!”

Tao didn’t seem to listen to Sehun, as he kept on approaching Jongin. Jongin took steps backward and quivered in fear.

What would Tao do to him?

“Why are you delivering my Sehunnie very late at night, huh?” Tao asked with a low tone.

Jongin’s whole body trembled and suddenly his back hit the hard surface.

Oh, no. He hit the door.

Sehun stood up and ran toward them. He desperately held Tao’s hand to stop the other stepping any closer. “No, no! Tao, it’s my fault! It’s my fault! Jongin don’t do anything wr-”

“Move.” Tao shoved Sehun’s shoulder and he now officially just a step away from Jongin.

Jongin’s legs almost gave up when he saw Tao’s face. His eyes screamed pure anger and hatred, and Jongin could sense a killing vibes from him.

No, no, no…

Tao’s hand shot up, and suddenly he choked Jongin’s neck.

Jongin gasped and widened his eyes. He held Tao’s hands and tried to pry it away but Tao’s grip was so strong.

“NO, TAO!” Sehun screamed and grabbed onto Tao’s hand, desperately tried to pull it back.

Tao shoved Sehun roughly once again, making the blonde fell down.

Jongin started to see stars as the choke around his neck got tighter. He started to run out of breath and all he could do was just tapping Tao’s hand with hope the café owner could give him mercy.

Sehun hugged Tao’s leg and desperately pleaded to let go, but Tao didn’t budge.

“I permit you to go out with him, but it doesn’t mean you can take him back at such a late hour.” Tao whispered and Jongin tried to hard to not faint.

Sehun became panic and he let go of Tao’s leg. He ran toward a desk in the corner of the room, hoisted a chair and slammed it onto Tao’s back.

Tao let out a scream of pain and he immediately let go of Jongin. Jongin fell onto the floor and tried to grasp as much air as he could.

Sehun dropped the chair and ran toward Jongin. He stood in front of Jongin protectively to prevent more sudden attack from Tao.

Tao winced and held his back which had been hit hard before. He slowly opened his eyes again as he straightened his back.

Then, he looked surprised.

Tao really looked surprised. His eyes widened in terror when he saw a mess in front of him, especially the coughing Jongin on the floor.

“…This…” Tao started to look horrified. “…w-what…?”

Jongin stopped panting and looked at Tao in confusion.

“…did I…” Tao started to take a step backward, walking to step away from both Jongin and Sehun.

“Tao?”

Sehun called out. His face turned from a scared one into a worried one. He started to approach Tao, but the taller stepped away from him.

“…Aniya, don’t come here…” Tao whispered and kept on stumbling backward. “…I did it again, didn’t I?”

Jongin got even more confused when he heard Tao’s words.

What the hell is going on?

Sehun stopped walking but he kept on looking at Tao with a worried face. “…Tao…”

Right at that time, Tao’s body suddenly limped and he fell to the floor.

Fainted.

“TAO!”

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

“He has a Dissociative Identity Disorder.” Sehun said slowly. He lifted the blanket and covered Tao’s body gently.

Jongin frowned. “…dis…what?”

“Double personality.” Sehun explained while turning his body around to face Jongin. “Meaning he has two kind of personalities inside of his body.”

Jongin digested the words he heard for a few seconds before widening his eyes.

“Most of the time he’s being his true self.” Sehun glanced at the sleeping Tao. His face turned sad and he extended his hand to touch Tao’s face. “…but his other self comeout a little too often lately. I also don’t know why…”

“…isn’t that dangerous?” Jongin whispered slowly.

Sehun turned his head back to Jongin. “Eh?”

“The bruises I saw last time in the gym…” Jongin asked again. “…Did Tao give you that?”

Sehun didn’t answer at first before nervously chuckled. “…ah, that small brui-,”

“It wasn’t small!” Jongin snapped. “Sehun-ah, have you brought Tao to the psychiatric?”

“I did.” Sehun sighed. “It didn’t work. It even pissed his other personality. He almost beat the last psychiatric to death.”

Jongin gasped and shook his head. “…Sehun, does his family know about this?”

Sehun blinked a few times before shook his head. “…no.”

“Why?”

Jongin gasped again. It doesn’t make sense.

“You should tell them so. Tao is supposed to be in China now, got a treatment from his family!”

“I can’t do that,” Sehun bit his lower lip. “Tao doesn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter