Chapter 36 - Healed Relationship

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“What? Your family party?”

Jongin almost half shrieked when he re-confirmed what Kyungsoo had said.

The CEO, sitting so calmly on the sofa while watching television, just let out a hum.

Jongin dropped the amount of plates he had to wash and approached Kyungsoo. He sat beside the CEO and put on a panic face.

“Why? Why should I come? Why I should go to your family’s party?”

“No reason. Just don’t feel like leaving you here.” Kyungsoo replied without looking at Jongin.

Jongin blinked a few times before stuttered again. “Y-you don’t have to! I-, I need t-to clean up a lot in the a-apartment, c-can’t go!”

“Well you have to come and accompany me.” Kyungsoo answered shortly.

“But why should I?”Jongin started to freak out.

“Because it’s an order.”

“Do Kyung-,”

“You are coming with me whether you like it or not.”

Jongin opened his mouth to protest but then his voice died down when he remembered something.

…family.

...Minho?

Jongin closed his mouth and blinked while looking at Kyungsoo.

…does the CEO afraid to go alone and meet Minho? Like, he’s not ready? Well, Baekhyun must be there as well but he’d obviously be around Chanyeol and Kyungsoo would be alone.

Jongin took a deep breathe before released it slowly. His eyes softened and he sat beside Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was startled when Jongin suddenly sat beside him. His cheeks reddened as he blinked repeatedly.

“W-what are you d-doing?”

“Okay.” Jongin nodded his head and looked at Kyungsoo. “I will go.”

Kyungsoo widened his eyes and furrowed his eyebrows.Jongin’s giving up too easily this time.

“But it’s gonna be the last time. I won’t go to any of your family party again. Like, ever.” Jongin narrowed his eyes at Kyungsoo.

The older still stunned with Jongin’s sudden change but decided to ignore it. It’s a good thing that Jongin agreed easily, he wouldn’t have to have a mini fight with the other anymore.

Jongin’seyes were suddenly caught with something that looked like wool in Kyungsoo’s hair.

“Wait,” Jongin said while extending his hand to take the wool off the CEO’s hair. That action made Jongin’s body shifted closer to Kyungsoo’s and as expected...

…the CEO had frozen.

“Ah, it’s indeed a wool.”

Jongin said without pulling his body back as he stared at the wool he had just taken off Kyungsoo’s hair.

Kyungsoo on the other hand suffocated with how close his face was with Jongin’s. The faint smell of rose from Jongin’s shampoo also penetrated Kyungsoo’s sense and nearly drove the other mad.

“Weird. Why there’s a wool in your hair? Probably because you have just taken a ba-,”

“Hei, hei.” Kyungsoo placed his hands on Jongin’s shoulders and hurriedly pushed the other away. “You are invading my privacy. Go away.”

Jongin frowned. “Privacy… like you have any… tsk.”

Kyungsoo tried to ignore the other and focusing his attention to the television instead.

Jongin pouted and was about to look away when he noticed something weird from Kyungsoo.

“…oh? Your face is red. Why? You are not feeling well?” Jongin suddenly become worried again.

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened and he hesitantly touched his left cheek. It’s a little bit warm, indeed.

“Do you have fever?” Jongin asked in pure concern and placed his hand on Kyungsoo’s forehead to check his temperature.

Kyungsoo felt like his body flew straight to the sky when Kyungsoo’s hand touched him, and he tried so desperately to pull his consciousness back together before pulling away from Jongin.

“What are you doing? I’m okay!”

“You don’t look okay for me…” Jongin frowned. “Aigoo, so not cute. If you are feeling sick you should go take a rest, not watching movie like this!”

Kyungsoo didn’t answer and still fixed his attention on the television.

“Tsk tsk tsk, go drink the medicine before you sleep.” Jongin said, just like a mother scolding her son. “And sitting like this here without drying the hair first, no wonder your cheeks turned red!”

The smaller than stood up, still grumbling here and there while going back to the dishwasher area to start washing the leftover dirty dishes.

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin, before hissed. His right hand was raised, then it touched the forehead where Jongin had just touched.

Thump

Thump

Thump

Kyungsoo lowered his hand and silently cursed the tanned boy.

Jongin had to take responsibility for making his heart thumping again like crazy that day.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 


The day when Baekhyun’s party being held had finally come.

Jongin repeatedly tried to calm down his nervousness.

, there would be so many people there, mostly rich people. Of course, when it comes about Do family, almost all of them are RICH.

Jongin’s hand gripped the expensive suit that Kyungsoo bought for him back then before they left to Bali. He unconsciously bit his lower lip.

“Why are you so tense?” Kyungsoo who was driving furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

“B-because there will b-be many people there.” Jongin replied, suddenly feeling small.

“Of course there will be many people,” Kyungsoo frowned. “Didn’t I tell you this is a party?”

“A-and they are all glamour-, rich, m-mostly arrogant…”

Kyungsoo blinked a few times before chuckled. “Oh… you are being self-conscious here?”

“Of course!” Jongin snapped. “Ever since I was little, I have never been i-invited to any party. J-just watched them from television…”

Kyungsoo smiled and nodded his head. “My family are kind-hearted. Like me.”

“Like you??” Jongin gasped and immediately buried his face between his palms. “…then that will be a disaster!”

Kyungsoo just chuckled. “We have arrived.”

Jongin rose his head as fast as he could and widened his eyes when he saw a magnificentview in front of the car.

A beautiful garden full of lights was ready to welcome them. Two handsome and tall men dressed in suit welcomed them at the entrance door.

“Oh my, what should I do!” Jongin hissed when Kyungsoo slowly stopped his car in front of those two.

“Relax, this is just a party not a court.” Kyungsoo said casually while opening the key of the car. “Out.”

Jongin forcefully stepped out of the expensive car and stick to Kyungsoo while the CEO handed the car key to one of the tall man.

The tanned boy looked around and found people are walking around with beautiful dresses and suit. All the ladies looked enchanting with hair well done and natural expensive makeup applied on the face. The men looked charismatic and full of self confidence.

Jongin felt himself shrunk to a size of ant among these people.

Jongin tugged Kyungsoo’s suit with a scared expression. Kyungsoo who glanced at him just held his smile.

Jongin looked so cute when he’s panic like this. Kinda looked like a lost puppy.

“Hey, don’t looked as if you are about to be killed. We are just about to enjoy the party.” Kyungsoo said while taking out his phone and dialed a number.

“H-how could I do that when these pretty mannequins keep on passing by?” Jongin hissed at the woman and men that passed by, all beautifully dressed. “I feel like I don’t belong here, really.”

“Stop feeling like that. You looked just fine with that suit on.” Kyungsoo replied before concentrating to his telephone. “Hello? You’ve arrived? Where are you?”

Jongin pouted and looked around again. He accidentally met one of the guest’s eyes. He looked slightly younger than Jongin, with golden blonde hair gelled up perfectly to reveal his delectable face.

Jongin immediately looked away and pull himself closer to Kyungsoo.

Ah, he really had lost his confidence! Jongin really hate these kind of places, he really hated the feeling of not fitting the place. In just a few minutes, he had missed the apartment more than anything.

“Let’s go inside.” Kyungsoo said while walking ahead of Jongin, making the other softly squeaked and followed right behind Kyungsoo like an obedient puppy.

The garden party was beautiful. Like, really-really beautiful. The tables were set up with a soft pastel pink color, different kind of foods were available, from the yummy appetizer until variety of pretty desserts. Jongin’s attention then shifted to the right. There’s a pool there,withso many floating flower candles that reflecting the light on the pool, making the water sparkled in golden twinkle and delicately being the center of attention in the party.

A soft delicate romantic song played as a back sound became the rhythm that create a relaxing and pleasing ambience in the garden.

Jongin closed his mouth that had hung open for a few seconds.

…wow… rent such a beautiful garden like this for a party… it must cost a lot of money!

Jongin’s head couldn’t stop turning left and right.

…rich people are different.

“…there you are.” Kyungsoo’s voice brought Jongin back to reality and he turned to see who Kyungsoo just greeted.

When he saw the person’s face, he couldn’t help but gasped in surprise when he found no other than Lee Taemin standing in front of him!

“Woaa! That’s a good suit! You looked good, Jongin-ah!”

“T-ta-,” Jongin pointed at Taemin. “H-how could you b-be here?”

“I asked him to come along since I know you’d be acting like this.” Kyungsoo replied.

Taemin smiled brightly. “Thanks to you, tonight I can have a big feast on my own!”

Jongin still blinked in disbelief but his heart almost immediately went super light when he found someone pretty close to him in such a foreign party like this.

“Woah! There come the long awaited prince!”

A voice once again captured their attention.

Byun Baekhyun was walking toward them with a glass of wine of his right hand. He came with a tall handsome man. Everyone can clearly see how Baekhyun’s left hand wrapped lazily around a tall boy’s forearm.

It’s Chanyeol, Baekhyun’s boyfriend.

“Baek,” Kyungsoo just put on his usual flat face before glanced at Chanyeol and nudged his head toward the other. “Yeol,”

“Hello, Kyungsoo-ah.” Chanyeol replied with a smile.

Chanyeol’s voice was deep. Really deep, contrary with his cute face. He’s also really tall, that Jongin had to tilt his head upward a little to fully see him.

“Taemin!” Baekhyun greeted the other. “Woa, you looked pretty!”

Taemin chuckled and waved his hand in front of Baekhyun. “Ahahaha, you are being too much.”

“Are you dressing up because he’s here?” Baekhyun asked while rising his eyebrows up and down.

Taemin widened his eyes with the unexpected question and shook his head almost immediately. “N-no! It’s-, it’s not b-because of him!”

Kyungsoo just looked at Baekhyun and Taemin, still with his poker face.

Chanyeol then noticed Jongin and smiled warmly. “Well, who is this?”

Jongin widened his eyes in surprise and stuttered out. “E-eh? Me?”

“Kyungsoo’s boyfriend.” Baekhyun replied casually, making both Kyungsoo and Jongin widened their eyes.

“N-no!” Jongin shook his head as fast as he could. “J-just… just… s-secretary!”

“Yes, he’s not my boyfriend.” Kyungsoo tried to maintain his calmness even though tint red had colored his face.

Chanyeol let out an unreadable expression before smiled. “…oh, okay then.”

“Take your time.” Baekhyun smiled happily. “Mom and dad are talking to their friends right now. Make sure to greet them before you go home like usual, naughty cousin.”

Kyungsoo shrugged.

Yes, that’s right. Even on his birthday, he hadn’t really gotten a chance to talk to Dana auntie because he had to come home early and celebrated somebody’s birthday.

Kyungsoo glanced at Baekhyun who whispered something to Taemin and the other immediately squealed away with blushing face.

“Still liking Minho after all these years?” Kyungsoo asked once Baekhyun and Chanyeol were out of the way.

Taemin just pouted.

The three then moved to another place where they could take some food.

Jongin had felt a lot easier because Taemin was there. He felt like, he at least had a friend with the same status level as him in the middle of rich people population.

Then, suddenly Kyungsoo’s eyes caught the sight of his aunt standing a little further away from them. He then excused himself from Taemin and Jongin to approach his aunt.

Jongin and Taemin watched as Dana auntie squealed happily then hugged the doe eyed man tightly.

“Wow. She loves Kyungsoo so much, doesn’t she?”Jongin said while stuffing his mouth with a piece of grilled beef.

“Everyone does.” Taemin smiled. “It’s just, he doesn’t let everyone show him the love they have.”

They watched as Kyungsoo interacted with his aunt. Dana had also called his husband and they talked to each other happily.

They were too busy and focused on watching Kyungsoo to the point they didn’t realize

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter