Chapter 11 - Kyungsoo's birthday.

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It's 12 of January.

Which means... Do Kyungsoo's birthday.

At first, Jongin didn't know that it was his boss' birthday. Not until the office workers started to greet the stoic man one by one.

"Happy birthday, boss." A man on his twenties bowed politely when Kyungsoo came across him.

"Thank you." Kyungsoo nodded.

"Happy birthday, boss."

"Happy birthday, boss."

"Happy birthday."

Jongin watched in silence as Kyungsoo replied each of them with a short acknowledged nod.

"Boss!"

Both Kyungsoo and Jongin turned around once they heard a cheerful voice from behind.

Taemin bounced to them with a big smile. "Happy birthday, boss!"

"Hm." Kyungsoo nodded.

"You are still so cold even though it's your birthday." Taemin pouted. "By the way, your girlfriend is here. She's waiting on the waiting room with Yoona."

"W-which one?" Kyungsoo widened his eyes.

"Miss Minah."

Kyungsoo relaxed when he heard it. He thought it would be Hyeri, since the girl said she wanted to surprise him on his birthday this year. Having Hyeri on the office, with her 'style' of clothing, was no good to Kyungsoo.

"Let her in. I'm waiting." Kyungsoo commanded.

"Alright, boss!" Taemin gave a cheerful smile and turned around.

Kyungsoo immediately pushed the door to his office, followed by Jongin from behind. The CEO walked straight to the chair and sat on it.

Jongin on the other hand, was standing awkwardly in the middle of the room.

The two fell into silence.

Kyungsoo finally glanced at Jongin after a few seconds. "What are you doing there?"

"A-ah, no." Jongin awkwardly replied. He shifted on his place, looked slightly nervous.

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows but continued to turn on his laptop at the end.

Jongin bit his lower lip and played with his fingers. He was in a deep thought while playing around with his fingers.

"You know, you are disturbing my concentration." Kyungsoo sighed. "What do you want?"

Jongin pursed his lips into a thin line before shook his head. "N-nothing."

With that, the tanned boy turned around to walk away.

Kyungsoo scoffed while looking back into his laptop.

Jongin suddenly stopped walking. He stood on his spot for a few seconds before gathered his courage and turned around.

Kyungsoo caught the boy with the corner of his eyes.

"What?" Kyungsoo asked in irritation without looking up from his laptop.

Jongin quickly approached Kyungsoo. He stopped right infront of his boss' desk and slowly parted his lips open.

"H-, h-, hap-, happy birthday..."

Kyungsoo finally lifted his head and fully looked up from his laptop.

"..."

"..."

"..."

"..."

Jongin's face slowly turned into a deep shade of crimson red. He blinked a few times before making his way to his usual spot.

Kyungsoo watched Jongin's movement with his eyes without saying anything.

Jongin sat and awkwardly looked around. "S-so... Well... W-what should I do today?"

Kyungsoo's left eyebrows lifted up high. "...maybe you should make a coffee first."

Jongin widened his eyes, totally forgotten his daily job. "O-oh."

With that, the tanned boy lifted his body off the sofa and walked straight to the small water dispenser.

"Thank you."

Jongin stopped when Kyungsoo suddenly said that word. Jongin turned his head toward Kyungsoo to catch the other boy was smiling. Just a faint smile, before he turned back to his laptop. Jongin felt his cheeks blushed. He immediately regained his consciouness and walked straight to the water dispenser.

"Oppa!"

The door swung open and revealed a girl behind it.

Jongin turned around to take a look at the girl.

Minah, -that girl, was petite. She wore a mini cream colored dress with pastel pink sweater on the top of it.

"Humm..." Jongin muttered under his breath. "She's pretty."

No wonder Kyungsoo took a liking on her.

Kyungsoo immediately smiled. He rose himself from his chair and approached Minah. He circled his arm around her small waist, then landed a soft kiss on her forehead.

Minah giggled cheerfully. Her small eyes disappeared. "Happy birthday, oppa!"

Jongin prepared Kyungsoo's coffee while listening to what they were saying.

"I'm sorry I couldn't meet you these days." Kyungsoo said with a fake apologetic tone. "I'm so busy with the works."

No, he's busy with his Suzy!

Jongin mentally screamed. He felt sorry to the Minah girl. Unlike Kyungsoo's girlfriend which he met in the cafe last time, Minah looked nice. Pure, innocent, and friendly. Jongin got this feeling that this girl's good.

"That's okay. I also couldn't visit you often." Minah shook her head and grinned. "At least I want to make sure that you get a chance to a small birthday party with me! Only 10 minutes, okay?"

Kyungsoo nodded his head. "Okay."

Jongin felt shivers ran down his whole body. Seeing Kyungsoo all gentle and loving like that was super scary. It's so not Kyungsoo!

Jongin turned around and brought Kyungsoo's coffee to his boss' office desk. He made one extra cup to Minah.

"I brought a cake." Minah took out a box of cake she was holding. "Now let's get these candles blown!"

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin and Jongin knew that sign. He immediately excused himself and came out from the office.

On the outside, Taemin had been waiting. The other kids were also staring at Jongin with an excited look on their faces.

"What cake is it today?" Yoona asked enthusiasticly.

"Err...I...haven't seen it yet..." Jongin replied.

"Let's just wait for a few times and miss Minah will be going back to her house." The other worker said.

"Hm!" Taemin nodded. "It's been really really a while since miss Minah come here."

"You are right." Yoona sighed. "Usually it's miss Krystal, but miss Krystal also hasn't been here for weeks."

"They broke up." Taemin waved off his hand.

"Oh, they did?" Yoona widened her eyes.

Jongin blinked. Krystal? Well-, that's a new name. But if they had just broken up...could it possibly...that Krytsal girl is... The one Jongin saw in the cafe?

"But I'm so happy whenever miss Minah comes." Yoona said. "Both her and miss Suzy are boss Kyungsoo's nicest girls this far."

"Sadly miss Suzy isn't boss Kyungsoo's girl." Taemin chuckled.

Jongin suddenly felt this urge of asking so without realizing he slipped out a question. "What's wrong with his other girlfriends?"

Yoona, Taemin, and the other workers stared at each other for a while.

"Well, miss Krystal is very arrogant." Yoona replied. "She always put that cold face. She doesn't smile at us, just giving that cold look like we are that lowly servants on the restaurant."

"While miss Hyeri..." Taemin rubbed the back of his neck. "...well... She's too y... I guess..."

"Whenever she comes for more than hours... We can hear any kind of voices from the boss Kyungsoo's office room."

Jongin's left eyebrow twitched, clearly got the idea of 'the noises' Taemin meant. His face turned sour. "Gross."

"Well, that's just how boss Kyungsoo's girlfriends are." Taemin raised his shoulders. "Let's just sit here and wait for them to finish talking. I'm hungry!"

With that, the crowds turned around and walked back to their own working desks.

Jongin gave a quick glance at Kyungsoo's office room. His face twisted in pure disgust when he recalled Taemin's words. Who knew someone with a cold face and attitude like Kyungsoo could sleep with other girls just like that? And moreover-, in the office? Well...but that's how all the rich kids are.

"Disgusting." Jongin hissed under his breath before turned to walk away.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

"You are getting thinner."

Minah just curled her lips into a sweet smile. "Really?"

"Are you dieting?" Kyungsoo frowned. "Because I think you are getting too skinny. It's not good. Gain it back."

"I will." Minah chuckled. "I am dieting so that I can look good infront of you."

"But if you are too skinny, then it's not good anymore."

Minah chuckled before nodded. "I understand."

Minah then opened the cake's box and pull out a blackforest. She then delicately put a few candles on top of it. She took a lighter from her bag and lighted the candles.

"Now make a wish!" Minah demanded.

"So troublesome..." Kyungsoo muttered under his breath to make sure Minah didn't hear it and closed his eyes. After a few seconds, he opened back his eyes and lowered his head to blow on his candles.

Minah's lips curled into a smile when she saw it.

"Yeay! Happy birthday, my boyfriend!" Minah jumped to his boyfriend's arms and hugged him tightly.

Kyungsoo stared into the petite girl inside of his arms. Well, truth is... He's getting bored of Minah. That girl couldn't do anything but being all cute and girly to Kyungsoo. Kyungsoo got sick of that.

No, he got sick of all his girlfriends lately.

Maybe he should call Suzy.

He needed her.

"Then... I'll be going home." Minah smiled while releasing her hug. "We will meet again soon, oppa!"

"Of course." Kyungsoo let out a smile. He honestly didn't feel like meeting her any soon. Really.

Minah let out a super sweet smile before standing up. She took her bag and gave a light kiss on Kyungsoo's cheek.

"I love you, oppa."

Kyungsoo smiled.

"Love you too, Minah."

The meaningless words that came out from Kyungsoo's mouth echoed inside of the office room before disappeared within the sound of the closed door.

The echo of a lie...

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

The door of Kyungsoo's office pushed open. Minah came out from it with her usual cheerful smile.

"Miss Minah." Taemin smiled. "How was the small party?"

"Goes well." Minah replied. "I hope he likes blackforest though, I really have no idea about his favorite cake so I just choose anything pretty on the showcase yesterday."

"O-oh, he will like it!" Yoona said. "Now, are you planning to go back?"

"Yes." Minah nodded and checked her wristwatch. "I have a plan today."

"I will take you downstair." Yoona said.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter