Chapter 34 - Kiss

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Woah! You guys have made up?”

Taemin’s happy voice greeted Kyungsoo and Jongin as the lift to Kyungsoo’s office room opened. The almond-haired boy was already outside, staring at them in interest.

“We didn’t even fight before,” Kyungsoo replied flatly and entered his office room, followed by Jongin.

“Haha, I see.” Taemin mocked a laugh.

Kyungsoo sat on his seat and looked at Taemin. “Then what about the meeting yesterday? Everything’s going well?”

“Way too well.” Taemin grinned. “Starwoods sent a big hamper filled with fresh milks and dairy products. Should I bring it here?”

“Just finish them.” Kyungsoo replied lightly. “But send a dozen of fresh milk to my apartment tonight.”

“Yes, boss!” Taemin gave a salute before turning to grin at Jongin. “Hi, Jonginnie!”

Jongin replied Taemin’s smile with a small grin.

“Then, I’m going back to work!” Taemin said before turning away. “Have a good day, all!”

“He looked so happy…” Kyungsoo mumbled to himself. “Jongin, get me my usual coffee, but mix it with fresh milk this time.”

Jongin nodded. “Okay.”

The tanned boy then headed outside to get the milk Kyungsoo wanted. Once he stepped out of the office room, he spotted Yoona on her working desk.

“Ah, Jongin-ah!” the girl waved her hand. “Heard you are sick yesterday? You are doing fine, now?”

Jongin frowned for a second.

Sick?

He’s not sick, he’s just-,

…ah…

“Y-yes, I’m good already.” Jongin stuttered.

“I’m glad.” Yoona threw her a grin. “Why are you outside? Boss’s calling for me?”

“No, he ask me to get a fresh milk that Taemin said before.” Jongin said.

“Ah, he’s there.” Yoona pointed at the resting room. “The hamper and fridgw is there as well. Take all you want.”

Jongin then thanked Yoona. He walked toward the rest room and just like what Yoona said, he found Taemin with big hampers filled with food and drinks everywhere.

“Oh, hei.” Taemin greeted. “You want some cheese?”

“Cheese?” Jongin frowned.

“Yeap,” Taemin replied while handing a small block of cheese wrapped prettily inside aluminum foil.

“Thanks.” Jongin nodded his head. “I-uh, Kyungsoo asked me to take fresh milk.”

“Uh?” Taemin then turned his body to approach the fridge. “Drinking milk early in the morning?”

“To mix with his coffee.” Jongin explained further.

Taemin scoffed when he heard that. “As expected, coffee freak.”

The almond-haired boy took out one crystal bottle of milk from the fridge and handed it to Jongin.

“Just put it there a minute ago, not too cold yet.”

“Okay.” Jongin received the milk before rose his head to look at Taemin. “You didn’t tell me that you’ve ever dated Kyungsoo before.”

Taemin’s eyes widened in surprise before he broke into a laughter. “Ah, boss told you that?”

Jongin grinned. “Yes, kinda.”

“It’s not a relationship.” Taemin waved his hand. “One month of relationship can’t be considered as ‘relationship’ yet.”

“But you guys went out together.” Jongin shrugged.

“We went out because of the stupid boss.” Taemin tsked before fold his arms. “Acting all childish and short-thinking. Huh.”

Jongin smiled and then took a step back. “I’m leaving, then.”

“Oh, okay.” Taemin replied.

Jongin then headed back to the door. Just as he pressed his hand on it, Taemin suddenly called his name again.

“Jongin-ah.”

Jongin stopped on his track and turned around. “Yes?”

“May I ask you something?” Taemin asked, still with a big smile.

“Go ahead,” Jongin nodded his head.

“No, I just…been wondering.” Taemin leaned against the fridge. “…do you, have some kind of…feeling toward boss?”

Jongin looked at Taemin. He needed a few seconds to progress what the almond-haired boy said before widening his eyes as big as he could. “W-wha-, what do you m-mean?”

“Like... thumping heart whenever you are beside him?” Taemin tilted his head to the right.

“No! No! Never! I’ve never felt t-that kind of thing before!” Jongin stuttered wildly, even though his heart mocked him for lying. “W-why do you ask that?”

“No, I just wonder…” Taemin rose his shoulders. “I mean, boss is a hot guy. Like, a really hot one. I mean, who can stand to be under the same rooftop with such a hottie? I am really surprised you haven’t fallen for him yet.”

Just after Taemin said that, many flashbacks hit Jongin’s mind.

From the first time he moved in with Kyungsoo, how cute the other turned out when he’s asleep, how the other’s muscles were showing when he just used a sleeveless shirt in apartment…

Blush.

Jongin felt his face heated up in embarrassment then glared at Taemin. “No! How could I fall for such a heartless and annoying guy like him? I have a higher standard, you know!”

Taemin pursed his lips and nodded. “…is that so?”

“Y-yeah. He’s not lovable at all!” Jongin tightened his hug on the bottle, trying to calm his sudden rapid heartbeat. “I b-better be going now before he cuts me into 10 for being slow! B-bye!”

Taemin waved his hand as he watched Jongin left. He broke into a small laughter once the door was closed.

“Ahahaha, how cute.”

The pretty boy ruffled his almond hair before sighed.

“Saying those things with red face like a tomato. Even kindergarten could tell that you are lying with just one look.”

Taemin the shook his head before taking the chocolate from the hamper.

“They are both slow and clueless. Tsk.”

Taemin talked to himself as he peeled the plastic of the chocolate. He cracked it and popped one into his mouth.

“Need a little push, aren’t they?”

 

 

 

***

 

 


Kyungsoo expected his morning to be relaxing and he can worked peacefully, but then when Jongin had just closed the door of his office room to get the milk, the private lift to his office room opened and a cheerful voice greeted Kyungsoo happily.

“Oi, cousin!”

Kyungsoo rose his head and rolled his eyes lazily at Baekhyun who just came in. “You always come without notice.”

“I like my appearance to be surprising.” Baekhyun rose his shoulders. “So, how’s Bali?”

“Cool.” Kyungsoo replied with a shrug. “Maybe would be better if you rented me a villa in Uluwatu instead.”

“Hei, what do you think you two are, you and Jongin. You are not even a married couple on their honeymoon so why I bother to rent a villa.” Baekhyun pouted before leaned down and casually whispered. “…it would be too risky for Jongin as well, especially when I get you a private villa where different kind of weird sounds can be tolerated.”

Kyungsoo glared at Baekhyun when the other pulled away. “What do you mean, Byun Baekhyun? Tsk, no wonder your name is Byun. You surely is a Byuntae (ert).”

Baekhyun broke into a laugh and playfully slapped Kyungsoo’s arms. “I’m just kidding! Hahahaha!”

“So, what’s your real intention coming here?” Kyungsoo asked flatly.

“I’m here to tell you that my parents hold a party for their 28th wedding anniversary on Saturday. Three days from now.” Baekhyun said. “You should come.”

Kyungsoo looked at Baekhyun.

Another family gathering?

Minho’s face immediately flashed through his mind.

“It’s at 7.” Baekhyun explained again while putting a classic designed invitation. “A garden party.”

Kyungsoo rose his left eyebrow while reading the invitation.

“You should come, okay? Mom didn’t have time to talk to you and she complained about missing her cutest nephew to death.” Baekhyun said flatly before shook his head. “Mom is always a drama queen.”

“And so do you.” Kyungsoo mocked before putting the invitation inside the drawer.

“Oh yeah, you can also take Jongin with you.” Baekhyun suggested.

“Jongin?”

“Yes. You’ve never taken h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter