Chapter 37 - Realization

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Suzy wore a pastel pink fairy gown that perfectly fit her slim body. Her golden brown hair was curled perfectly in such a beautiful way that waves on the sea even beg for its mercy. She also wore a simple yet dazzling make up, making her already pretty face stands out even more. She has big eyes. The brown colored contact lens she wore made her orbs sparkled from the lights around the garden. One soft curve of black eyeliner gave people a delusion of delicate but strong eyes.
And those lips, was red. Glossy pinkish red, which was a clear contrary from her milky white skin. To make it worse, the delectable lips formed a beautiful smile that could captivate anyone who’s looking at it.

Jongin stared in daze at the beauty in front of him.

“Where is Kyungsoo oppa?”

The melodious voice hit Jongin’s ears, sending chill down his spine.

Suzy has a soft and pleasant voice, which matches Kyungsoo so well.

“B-boss is talking to Minho,” Taemin replied, obviously surprised with Suzy’s sudden appearance.

Suzy chuckled lightly. “Ah, you are still calling him ‘boss’.”

Taemin just grinned. “It’s just coming out of habit.”

Jongin cursed himself when he saw how elegant Suzy looked when she chuckled like that. The brown-haired girl was indeed so beautiful. Jongin had never really got a chance to see her personally for close up. Seeing her right in front of him suddenly made him felt weird.

“I should go home now, I have another event to attend.” Suzy said while glancing at her wristwatch.

“You don’t want to talk to boss first?” Taemin asked. “He’ll be here in minutes, I guess.”

“No, I don’t really want to meet him now.” Suzy smiled while shook her head.

“…and why is that so?” Taemin rose his eyebrows. Well, he already knew that Suzy and Kyungsoo had a fight, but he really wanted Suzy to spill it out herself.

Suzy looked at Taemin for a good seconds before averted her gaze but still maintain a slightly sad smile on her face.

“I angered him.”

“You angered him.” Taemin repeated. “Why?”

Suzy sighed and closed her eyes. “It’s almost like a misunderstanding, really. I… didn’t think he will get it in a wrong way.”

Taemin furrowed his eyebrows as he tried to process what Suzy was saying.

Jongin, who also curious about what really happened that night, couldn’t help but put his ears up to really listen. He pretended to look at the dancers on the stage while eating so Suzy wouldn’t find him disturbing.

“I just kinda miss him, he has been awfully far from me. So I chatted him just to keep on contact. I tried to break the ice between us by acting like what I usually do, but he end up got angry at me. He said, I just used him as the replacement of Seunggi.”

Suzy said softly. Her face showed a sad expression.

“I didn’t mean it that way. He has his own share inside my heart, but not as a lover. I love him as a big brother. I can’t do more.”

Jongin paused eating. Suzy’s words were much more interesting than the delicious ribs on his plate.

“And he got angry because of it? Then you guys are now officially in fight?” Taemin asked again.

“Kinda,” Suzy sighed and brought her hair to tug it behind her left ear, revealing her pretty face even more. “I really don’t want to fight with him, but I was too brought up with situation. And he also got very angry when he found out me and Seunggi… are now officially together.”

Jongin widened his eyes as big as he could while Taemin looked a lot calmer. Seems like the almond-haired had predicted everything.

“No wonder he looked so miserable that time.”

Suzy pursed her lips in nervousness. “I can’t be with him, Taeminnie. I have made up my mind that I want to be serious with Seunggi oppa. I don’t want to hurt Kyungsoo oppa anymore, but I don’t know how to.”

“It’s pretty difficult, since he has been liking you for so long.” Taemin said while glancing at Jongin without the smaller notice. “The times when you accompanied him healing his broken heart, it meant the world for him.”

“I really want to meet and slap the guy that rejected him that time.” Suzy groaned. “How could he do that to Kyungsoo oppa… why did he reject Kyungsoo oppa…”

Jongin who knew the girl was talking about him, pretended to look somewhere else.

“It was probably… the toughest moment Kyungsoo oppa had been through.” Suzy sighed. “He got so self-conscious, so temperament… ah… I don’t want to see him back to that kind of person. I wouldn’t let him, right?”

“W-well… he probably would be a lot better in handling a broken heart now.” Taemin replied with a shrug.

Suzy sighed and nodded. She glanced at her surroundings before pursed her lips.

“Then, I’ll take my leave.”

“Oh… alright.” Taemin nodded.

“Don’t tell oppa that I talked to you.” Suzy said while waving her hand. “Bye!”

Taemin replied the wave. Jongin and Taemin then watched as Suzy headed toward the exit gate with slightly hurried but calm footsteps.

“…was there… to heal a broken heart?” Jongin asked slowly.

Taemin nodded. “Suzy-ssi first met boss not long after you rejected him, so he was still terribly hurt. She’s the one that accompanied him, cheered him up and stayed beside him through those hard times. Eventually, boss found himself falling for Suzy-ssi.”

Jongin felt a lump on his throat.

Did his rejection gave Kyungsoo so much effect?

…then he’s totally… a jerk…

Just then, Kyungsoo popped out from the middle of the crowds. He was about to make his way toward Taemin and Jongin before a teenager who seemed to be his other cousin stopped him and talked to him.

“I got worried that one day Suzy-ssi would take her leave and boss would get his second heartbreak but…” Taemin let out a sly smirk. “He seemed okay. Even after knowing that Suzy-ssi had become an item with her new boyfriend.”

Jongin nodded. “Well the first day he got heartbreak he was terribly weird, but that’s all okay now. Maybe he has grown mature enough to realize life is not all about having what we want.”

“Oh?” Taemin turned toward Jongin. “I think that’s not the reason.”

“…so you think there’s another reason?” Jongin frowned.

“I think it’s because…” Taemin brought his face closer toward Jongin. “…there’s someone who always keep him company, keeping him sane from doing crazy things. The one… that he will slowly falling in love with.”

Jongin just looked at Taemin confusedly. “Is there that kind of person around him lately?”

Taemin tsked and sighed. “Of course that person is YOU, Jonginnie.”

Jongin widened his eyes and almost jumped on his position. “H-heh?? M-me? W-why me?”

“Aigoo…” Taemin massaged his temple. “You haven’t noticed yet? The way boss is looking at you, the way he treat you… I think he’s falling in love again with you!”

Jongin felt his face turned into deep deep shade of red. “M-me? You mean, f-f-falling in l-love with m-me?”

“He has ever liked you in the past, does he ever need a reason to fall for you again?” Taemin tsked.

“There’s no way that would happen.” Jongin hissed. “I have broken his heart real bad, he wouldn’t go any further than just forgive me.”

“When it comes about love, even universe can’t stop it. I mean, it’s a natural feeling, you can’t stop yourself from falling in love.” Taemin rose his shoulders before smiled. “Even if the past is that hurt, it wouldn’t be something that stop him from falling in love with you again.”

Jongin blinked a few times before bit his lower li

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter