Chapter 3 - My life

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

To be hurt

To feel lost

To be left out in the dark

To be kicked when you're down

To feel like you've been pushed around

To be on the edge of breaking down

And no one's there to save you

No you don't know what it's like

Welcome to my life

 

 

Simple Plan - Welcome to my life.

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Jongin woke up with a slight headache. He blinked his heavy eyes and glanced at the clock.

9.07 AM.

Don't worry, he didn't have to go to work.

He didn't have any job anyway.

Congratulations for Do Kyungsoo, he was kicked out by Tablo on the same day after the accident.

Jongin sighed and closed his eyes, rolling on his side. He had to search another job, but he had no energy to go out that day.

The previous day, Jongin came home and cried his night away. He skipped his dinner, and just sat on his knees. Cried, cried and cried. That's the reason Jongin had no energy left to even crawl out of his bed now.

Jongin opened his eyes when he couldn't stand the coldness anymore. He weakly stretched his hand and pulled the blanket up to his neck.

His room heater had broken and he didn't have money to repair it-, or to buy another one. So Jongin had to pass the cold month with just sweaters that made him looked like a wrapped round kimbap and an old thick blanket.

Jongin took a photo frame beside him, staring at the photograph inside.

"Appa..." Jongin's voice came out small and weak. His lips curled into a soft smile when he saw his dad's beautiful face on that frame.

Jongin sighed and pull the frame photo close to his chest, hugging it. Many thoughts danced inside of his head.

What would he eat today? If he used the money to buy food, could he survive for another week ahead? Two weeks after he had to pay for apartment's rent. Then there would be no money left for him to eat.

Jongin's forehead creased as his stress level increased.

Ah, buy this... Buy that... Pay this... Pay that...

.

Jongin's eyes fluttered open. A tear escaped, flowing down to his cheek and straight to his chin.

His life's so frustrating...

But he couldn't give up now.

No, no. He would not lose against life! Jongin slowly pulled his body together, standing up from his bed.

Food... Food... He had to make food!

Jongin dragged his body toward his kitchen, with all his might starting to checking his food stock. He still had a little rice, two eggs... And nothing else. He had no noodle cup, he had no vegetables, neither meat.

Jongin took a deep breathe before slowly smiled. "Thanks God, there's still food left."

The tanned boy then started to cook some rice and fried an egg. He kept another egg in the fridge for the next meal's menu. Jongin put the rice inside of a bowl, put his sunny side up egg on the top of his rice and sprinkled a little salt on top of that. He then brought the bowl to his bed and started to eat it.

Jongin lived alone in a small apartment in Seoul. The apartment's location was not strategic at all, old, and was owned by a super scary man who lived downstair. He gets lonely of course, but it's better than to be homeless out there in the middle of the winter.

Jongin ate all his food and washed the dishes. He rushed to wash room and got all clean, then running again to the mirror to check on his appearance... Which sadly was not on his best that day.

"Ugh... My eyes are swollen..." Jongin winced while touching his red puffy eyes. "I looked so ugly. Tsk."

Jongin sighed and decided to just give up on his looks. He wore his best clothes and dashed out of his apartment, locked it from outside and running down to the city.

Time to looking for a job!

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo sighed as he put down his bag on the sofa. He stretched his body and jumped to his sofa.

Exhausted.

That day had been a quite hectic day in SM bread company. Kyungsoo had to sit for hours in the meeting room, constantly talking to different people from the manager of production, manager of marketing and his new partner in the bread's distribution.

Kyungsoo sighed and opened his eyes. He still had some important documents to checked on. Judging from the clock on his phone, he wouldn't have enough time to cook.

Then?

Yes, call pizza.

Kyungsoo stood up lazily and grabbed his phone. He pressed some buttons on it and waited for people on the other line to pick up.

"Hello, good evening and thank you for calling Mr. Pizza, how may I help you?"

"One potato pizza please, and one big bottle of cola. Send it to Mokdong Apartment, room number 818, Byun Baekhyun." Kyungsoo replied while walking toward the bathroom.

"One potato pizza, and one big bottle of cola. Is that all, sir?"

"Yes." Kyungsoo replied shortly.

"Okay, address at Mokdong apartment, room number 818. Mister Byun Baekhyun. We will deliver it right away, thanks for calling sir."

Kyungsoo then ended the phone call with a low hum. He closed the door of his bathroom from inside and stripped himself.

Baekhyun.

Kyungsoo always uses Baekhyun's name whenever he orders food. Kyungsoo sometimes also uses Baekhyun's name when he has to book a restaurant, karaoke room, or all the simple booking things. He simply uses Baekhyun's name whenever he wants, and Baekhyun doesn't seem to mind.

Kyungsoo didn't like to use his real name because...

He hated his name.

And it's also pretty dangerous to reveal his real name. What if people planning something dangerous to him?

Kyungsoo turned the shower on and started to clean himself up.

Baekhyun was the closest family Kyungsoo had. They grew up together, traveled the world together, and studied the same things together. They were inseparable. Baekhyun was the only child in his family, and that's why he looked on Kyungsoo just like his own brother. Baekhyun is Kyungsoo's brother, best friend, and even lover if it's even possible. But no, it couldn't be true. Baekhyun had gotten himself a boyfriend, a stupid tall and idiot boy called Park Chanyeol. Meh, it wasn't like Kyungsoo that needy for a lover anyway. He could have any girls and guys he wanted all the time.

All, but that one.

That sneaky little one.

Kyungsoo scrubbed his body with his soap with mind recalled back what had happened 10 years ago.

Kim Jongin.

Yes, Kim Jongin.

Kyungsoo closed his eyes as he washed his face.

Kim Jongin had been fired from that cafe, and this far, Kyungsoo's people hadn't found him yet. Kyungsoo had asked them to find the boy's house but they said Jongin moves too fast and always disappearred in the middle of the crowd.

They always lost him.

Kyungsoo opened his eyes after he got himself fully cleaned by the water.

Kim Jongin.

Well Kyungsoo almost felt sorry for the boy, since he's the main reason why Jongin was fired.

But Kyungsoo hadn't satisfied. He still longed for the other's misery.

Kyungsoo turned his shower off and grabbed the towel to dry himself off. He entwined the other towel around his waist and came out from the bathroom.

It had been a super exhausting day, and Kyungsoo only wished to get his pizza, eat while finishing the documents, and then go to sleep before waking up early on the next day. He had never wished to see someone sitting on his sofa while watching the television.

Kyungsoo's face turned emotionless as he stood from far, watching how the person was so lost in the tv program to even realize that Kyungsoo's standing there.

"Hyung." Kyungsoo finally let out a word. "What are you doing here?"

The person turned his head toward Kyungsoo, handsome face broke into a smirk. "Oh, hi baby brother. You've finished showering?"

Kyungsoo's face hardened at the tone.

It's his older brother.

Do Minho.

Minho raised his body up from the sofa, long legs stepped on the carpeted floor of Kyungsoo's apartment.

"Busy as always?" Minho asked with a cheeky smirk.

"What do you want?" Kyungsoo asked, not bothering to answer his brother's question.

"Aww, is it weird to visit my younger brother? The one who never stays in house anymore?" Minho asked with a light tone.

Kyungsoo didn't budge. His face remained expressionless as he watch his brother.

"Well, actually I'm here to give you this." Minho said while putting down a carton bag of Channel bag to the table. "Mom has just comeback from France, and she asked you to give this to Suzy."

Kyungsoo glanced at the bag on the table.

For Suzy.

"And another reason is... I come here to check on the SM's company." Minho said while crossing both hi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter