Chapter 14 - A free day

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin woke up and froze when he found himself staying on the bed.

"Eh..."

The tanned boy frowned.

"...where is this?"

Jongin looked around and frowned even more when he discovered the room he didn't know.

Wait, last night he was in Kyungsoo's house... Kyungsoo celebrated his birthday... Then he took a bath and slept on the sofa...

So why...here?

Jongin's brain suddenly thinking about hideous imagination.

Could it...be?

Jongin lifted the thick blanket enveloping his body and let out a relief sigh when he was still wearing a full pajamas. Jongin put the blanket back on top of his body and looked around.

Ah, Jongin remembered. This was the room he cleaned last week. So he was still in Kyungsoo's apartment after all.

But...

How did he end up... on the bed?

Did he sleep-walking?

Jongin frowned and jumped out of the bed. He had to go and ask Kyungsoo.

Once Jongin stepped out of the room, a delicious smell of food hit his nose. Jongin blinked and turned his head toward the kitchen.

There, stand Do Kyungsoo.

The CEO was still wearing a pajama. He was busy with boilers on the stove.

... Cooking?

"You've awakened."

Jongin was torn away from his daydream when Kyungsoo's voice echoed inside of the apartment.

"O-oh..." Jongin immediately cleared his throat nervously. "G-good morning. W-what... Are you doing?"

"Cooking. Isn't that obvious?" Kyungsoo answered flatly without looking up. Jongin's mouth gaped open.

"You...can cook?"

Kyungsoo stopped his activity to raised his head and met Jongin's eyes. "You think, I can't?"

"A-aiyah..." Jongin shook his head. "I-, it just... The first time I see you cooking..."

"I'm too lazy to cook." Kyungsoo said while returning back to his work. "But today I feel like cooking."

"Oh..." Jongin nodded his head. Slowly and awkwardly, he made his way into Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was putting all his attention on his work. The way he chopped the vegetables and prepare the ingredients clearly shown that Kyungsoo was highly skilled.

"You cook well." Jongin murmured. "Urmm... Is there anything... That I can help?"

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin. "Yeah, you can wash the used utenstils."

Jongin slightly pouted. Washing again, at the end. But the boy still made his way toward the washing sink.

Jongin stared into his two hands. The long pajamas that Kyungsoo lend was slightly too long for his hands. The fabric's length covered half of Jongin's fingers.

Jongin turned around and examined Kyungsoo. Even though Kyungsoo was more muscular than Jongin, they had the same body size, right?

Oh, Kyungsoo's taller. Jongin forgot that.

The dark skin boy then folded the pajamas until it reached his wrists then he started to wash the dirty utensils. They were doing their work in silence before Jongin gathered his courage to ask.

"...err... Did I... Move to the room... By myself?"

Kyungsoo stopped his activity and tensed. "Huh?"

"I... I moved to the room... Did I move by myself? C-cause I didn't remember anything!" Jongin replied with slightly panicked voice.

Kyungsoo immediately furrowed his eyebrows and tried to find excuse. "W-well... Yeah, you move there by yourself. L-last night you came to me asking w-whether you could use the bed or not."

Smooth. That lie came out too smooth out of Kyungsoo's mouth.

"EH?" Jongin almost shouted in surprise. "For real??"

Kyungsoo continued his work awkwardly, ignoring Jongin's question.

"I'm... I'm so sorry!" Jongin bowed his body in deep regret. "I tend to do things I don't realize if I get too tired."

"T-that's okay." Kyungsoo replied. "That bed is empty anyway."

The two then continued their paused activity back. Minutes later, Kyungsoo stopped his cooking activity.

"It's done. Let's eat."

Jongin washed away the plate he was holding before putting it on the rack. He then followed Kyungsoo to the dining table.

Kyungsoo cooked quite a lot that day. Jongin almost drolled out when his eyes caught varieties of Korean traditional food on the table.

"I... Never know that you can cook." Jongin slowly said, couldn't hide the admiration on his voice.

Kyungsoo just tugged his lips into a slight smirk. He's an almighty machine. He can do anything.

Jongin sat awkwardly, waiting until Kyungsoo take the amount of food he wants, then followed the other's steps from behind.

"Eh..." Jongin stopped his movement when he saw a seaweed soup among all of the food.

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows. "What?"

"Err..." Jongin bit his lower lip before smiled. "Nothing."

Kyungsoo scoffed and continued his eating.

Jongin started to eat the food with slightly blushing face.

Kyungsoo cooked for his birthday, didn't he? Seaweed soup was mostly made on people's birthday.

"You see..." Kyungsoo pointed at Jongin with his chopsticks. "I don't make that seaweed soup for you. It's healthy, and that's why I make it."

Wow... Kyungsoo is a mind-reader? How could he know what Jongin was thinking about?

Jongin's smile widened even more and he nodded. Kyungsoo was too shy to admit that. Jongin could understand.

Jongin's heart warmed and he couldn't stop smiling. He didn't even stop smiling while chewing.

"You are wonderful. This food tastes amazing." Jongin said while drank his seaweed soup.

"I do." Kyungsoo smirked.

Jongin gave Kyungsoo a look before continued to scoop his food. "So, should I come home and then changed my clothes before going back here?"

Kyungsoo chewed his food for a while before opened his mouth. "No need. I give you a break time until 6 PM. Make sure to be at my office by that time. Understand?"

Jongin blinked. "O...kay?"

"Good." Kyungsoo nodded. "Now finish your food and you can go back to your apartment."

Jongin nodded and finished all his food.

After eating, Jongin washed all the dirty plates in the kitchen. Kyungsoo on the other hand went into his room and took out something. He brought it back to the kitchen.

"Bonus." Kyungsoo lifted the envelope before putting it on the dining table. "Birthday gift."

"Eh?" Jongin widened his eyes. He blinked and approached the white envelope. Kyungsoo watched as Jongin opened the envelope and widened his eyes.

"This is money!"

"It is."

"B-but, why are you giving me money?"

"For birthday gift. I've told you, right?"

"B-but... But this is... 50000 won!"

"So?" Kyungsoo asked lazily.

"T-that's too much!"

"You are weird." Kyungsoo frowned. "You are suppose to be happy if you get much money. Why are you panicking around? And that's a small amount for me, by the way."

"I-," Jongin was loss at words. "...i-, I wouldn't know what to do w-with this money!"

"You don't know?" Kyungsoo scoffed. "You can use this for many things. Buy new cheap clothes, for example. I feel like throwing your shirts away to the dustbin."

"Hey!" Jongin protested. "... That's not important... We shouldn't waste money on things like that..."

"So, we should waste money on?"

"Things... That we need..."

Like... Room heater...

But even though it's 50000 won, it's still not enough to buy a room heater!

Jongin pouted. But he couldn't possibly ask for Kyungsoo's help. Oh, God. His debt could multiply even more in no time! He could purchase a new room heater by his own anyway, he wasn't that pathetic!

Well...

Maybe... Next month?

"H-how about this?" Jongin said. "I'm... I'm giving this back, so... can you reduce my debt to you?"

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin for a while before furrowing his eyebrows. "Huh?"

"S-so my debt could be decreased? I... I pay it with...this money?" Jongin gulped down nervously.

Kyungsoo scoffed. "Don't dream too much. Even if you are giving it back to me, your debt status wouldn't change much."

"B-but it will change, right? Even just a bit, but it's changing!"

Kyungsoo gave Jongin a poker face.

"How?" Jongin asked again.

Kyungsoo released a big sigh and suddenly moved toward Jongin.

Jongin instictly moved backward. "K-kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo didn't stop moving until Jongin's feet hit the dining table. Kyungsoo leaned forward and put both of his hands on the dining table, locking Jongin between it.

Jongin leaned away, tried to put some distance between him and Kyungsoo.

"Take that money." Kyungsoo spoke in a low tone. "Forget about paying your debt little by little. You are working for me until the next five months whether you like it or not."

Jongin gulped down nervously. He pressed his back even lower to the table. "O-okay... Okay, c-can you move away? T-this is..."

Kyungsoo smirked. "What? You scared?"

Jongin blinked and immediately pushed Kyungsoo's chest away. "I'm n-not! But-, y-you looked so sc-scary upclose."

Kyungsoo scoffed and turned around. "Now take that money and feel free to go."

Jongin pouted. "Alright."

The dark boy took the money and turned around, but then he stopped.

"Err... I should change back to my clothes." Jongin said. "I remembered putting it on the table last night... But where are they, now?"

"I'm washing it. It's now on the washing machine."

"Huh?" Jongin jumped. "What are you doing? Then what should I wear now?"

"Just change to my new clothes. You can give it back tonight."

"B-but!" Jongin clutched Kyungsoo's pajamas on his body. "I can't!"

"Why?"

"J-just can't!"

"Tsk. You are being so troublesome." Kyungsoo grunted. "What? You are afraid of ruining my expensive clothes?"

"That's not it!" Jongin shouted, feeling sensitive with any mention of money-related things. "It just our waist size is too different and your pants keep on falling loose on my hips now!"

Kyungsoo froze when he heard the sudden outburst.

Jongin himself immediately covered his mouth with the back of his hand.

Kyungsoo's eyes shifted to the pajamas he lent to Jongin. It was indeed slightly big for Jongin. Kyungsoo didn't know why, but he suddenly feel happy that Jongin is so small and dressed on his oversized clothes. He looked adorable.

Jongin's cheeks burnt in a deep red blush. "-i, I mean n-not that loose. I-it just, it's b-big and a l-little too big for me-, but that doesn't mean I'm small! I-it just-,"

"Alright, then wear a belt." Kyungsoo waved his hand.

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo with a mouth wide opened.

Well... He didn't have a choice then.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

Jongin put the 40.000 won inside of his saving box. He needed another 40.000 to afford a new room heater. How should he get another 40.000 won?

Jongin pursed his lips. Well, it wasn't very cold after all. Jongin could handle it.

Maybe.

But Jongin was feeling totally happy now, maybe because of the fact that his birthday was celebrated. It's a super rare moment that the cold stone CEO could make him happy.

Jongin looked outside of his window. It wasn't snowing hard.

Maybe he could go to Sehun's cafe.

Jongin immediately wore his worn out thick coat and jumped out of his room. He was feeling so happy at that moment and he wanted to share it with Sehun.

The cafe wasn't really crowded when Jongin entered it. The boy broke into a million bright smile when he caught the sight of Sehun on the cashier.

"Sehun!"

Sehun who was looking at his camera immediately lifted his head. His eyes sparkled when he saw Jongin. "Oh, hey! Jongin!"

"A-are you free?" Jongin asked. "W-when will your shift ends today?"

"Oh, well... I have no shift, actually." Sehun grinned. "I can go anytime I want. What's up?"

"It just..." Jongin gave out a rather shy smile. "...i-, I want to take you out for...dinner."

"Oh, really?" Sehun broke into a smile. "That will be nice!"

Jongin bit his lower lip to prevent him grinning any wider. Geez, he just couldn't stop smiling infront of this pale boy.

"I'll talk to Tao." Sehun said. "Wait here, okay?"

Jongin nodded his head in excitement.

Sehun entered the small staff room behind the cashier machine, and Jongin could hear the other talked in a foreign language. After a few seconds, Sehun came out. Behind him the owner of the cafe, Tao, followed.

Jongin immediately straightened his body and let out a nervous smile. "H-hello."

Tao raised the corner of his lips and gave Jongin a slight smile.

"I'm going, then." Sehun grinned and patted Tao's shoulder. "Bye-bye."

"Hn." Tao replied shortly.

Jongin awkwardly bowed his body. "G-goodbye."

Tao broke into another smile and nodded. With that, Sehun and Jongin walked out of the cafe.

"I-is that okay? W-with the boss..." Jongin asked.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter