Chapter 23 - Bali Day 3

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Since that night on the club, Ammar and his friends gone just like a wind. Kyungsoo and Jongin hadn't met the tall guy again.

"That guy is so annoying," Kyungsoo murmured when they were enjoying their breakfast on the breakfast hall. "Good thing I didn't punch his face right away last night."

Jongin nodded with mouth full of sushi.

"If he dare himself to annoy us once again, I don't think he will be able to appear on the television ever again." Kyungsoo said flatly, but Jongin could see that the CEO was being serious.

"I actually didn't understand what was going on last night," Jongin said after he finished all the sushi inside his mouth. "I didn't even understand what you guys were talking about. The music's too loud and you guys spoke too fast. Moreover, in English language."

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin for a while.

 

 

 

"He's mine."

 

 

 

Blush.

Kyungsoo could feel his face warmened up when he recalled what he said last night. The CEO cleared his throat and drank his juice nervously.

"And that guy last night, the one with the long hair, I didn't understand his words. I just knew he was asking for my name, but since I couldn't really speak English I didn't know what to reply." Jongin added again.

Of course, speaking in foreign language was Jongin's weakness. Even though he was known for his smart brain back then in highschool, English Language was the only subject he should struggled to death with.

"You shouldn't give your name to people like that," Kyungsoo sighed as he put down his juice glass on the table.

"I didn't give it," Jongin shook his head. "I'm not that naïve, Do Kyungsoo. Don't worry."

Kyungsoo rose his left eyebrow before gulping down the leftover juice on his table.

"But you were so scary last night, when you got angry. The man who talked to me was really shocked." Jongin said while pick up one more sushi from the plate.

"He deserves that," Kyungsoo scoffed.

The two of them then finished their food in silence, until two Thailand girls beside them drew Jongin's attention. Those girls were busy snapping pictures of their food with their big cameras. They squealed around and broke into a chuckle.

"What are they doing?" Jongin asked with eyebrows furrowed. "Taking pictures of their food?"

"Yeah," Kyungsoo replied shortly when he glanced at them. "It's part of the habit now, taking pictures before eating."

"So they can look back to it one day, and know every single food that they eat?" Jongin widened his eyes. "...that's ridiculuous."

"They don't snap it for a memory, Jongin. They snap it for the trend." Kyungsoo explained calmly. "That's what Baekhyun does on his job."

"Oh, really?" Jongin rose his eyebrows high.

Kyungsoo swiped his phone and went to his instagram application. The boy searched for Baekhyun's account and tapped it open.

"Look, this is Baekhyun's pictures." Kyungsoo said while handed his phone to Jongin.

Jongin received the phone carefully and held it as if it was the most fragile thing in the earth. The boy stared into Baekhyun's account which was filled with lots of beautiful pictures. The pictures of their food were nicely captured, with bright light and pretty arrangement that ignited hunger in people's mind once they saw it.

"Wow." Jongin widened his eyes when he came across a picture of pancakes. "That looked mindblowing."

"See, that's what food bloggers do. They snap pictures, they post it on social media, they attract people to try the food, and the restaurants pay them for increasing the numbers of visitors." Kyungsoo said while finishing the paste he took.

"Ooh..." Jongin nodded and kept on scrolling around. "Ah, is this his boyfriend?"

Kyungsoo extended his neck to see what Jongin was pointing at and nodded. "Yes, his boyfriend. Husband to be."

"They are getting married?" Jongin asked in surprise.

"Both haven't talked to me about that yet. But I can see that they are being serious in their relationship. I think they will bring it to the altar, soon."

Jongin's expression turned dreamy. "Ah, so envious... I've always thought that marriage is a beautiful thing."

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin. "Oh, you think so?"

"Yeah," Jongin nodded. "I've imagined to be standing at the altar with someone I love one day. If it is a girl, I would be the most caring and gentle husband in the world. If it is a boy, I would be the loveliest wife to be. Then we will get married here in Bali, infront of the sea, and live happily ever after."

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin flatly before sighed. "Maybe before you plan out the future, you should find yourself a lover first."

Jongin's expression turned gloomy.

"Did I say something wrong?" Kyungsoo chuckled.

"I have no time to be in a relationship now." Jongin huffed. "And I also haven't found that 'one' anyway..."

"Are you still hoping on that guy?" Kyungsoo asked. "The one you liked in the highschool?"

"Chanwoo?" Jongin asked. "You told me that he's married!"

"He is, so you better search for someone else." Kyungsoo smirked.

"I know!" Jongin snapped in annoyance. "Eh, is this thing over here is the same with fa-fa-, fa...what is the name, oh it's diffic-, ohh! Facebook!"

"Facebook?" Kyungsoo frowned. "Yeah, they are kinda the same thing."

"I want to see Chanwoo." Jongin handed Kyungsoo's phone back to the owner. "I want to see how he looked like now."

Kyungsoo's fingers moved and he searched for the doe eyed boy, Chanwoo. Once he found the account, he tapped it open.

"There."

Jongin took the phone Kyungsoo handed to him and looked at the pictures of Chanwoo on the boy's account.

"Oh, he has grown to a very cute man."

Jongin's lips curled into a smile. He stared into Chanwoo's pictures and tapped to see different pictures.

"Oh, it's Bobby. He looked so much better than he was in highschool!"

"He is, he even has become a model for the magazine." Kyungsoo replied.

"Are you guys still talk to each other? Like meeting up or something like that?"

"Nope. They don't live in Seoul anymore. Now they live in Japan." Kyungsoo rubbed both of his hands.

"Oh...eh, what is this? Ah, is this their honeymoon photos?" Jongin mumbled as he tapped open one of the picture inside Chanwoo's account.

"Be careful with that. Don't tap the picture twice or else it will be a disaster." Kyungsoo warned casually while drinking his juice. He did 'follow' Chanwoo's instagram account but he had never liked any photos, except Suzy's. Suddenly liking old pictures of an ex boyfriend will bring misunderstandings along.

But that's not what Jongin caught.

"Tap it...like this?" the tanned boy asked while innocently tapped the picture twice.

"HEI!"

"Ah, a heart just came out?" Jongin furrowed his eyebrows in confusion.

"Just give me back my phone! NOW!"

And that's how Jongin got his daily morning scolds from Kyungsoo that day.

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

Kyungsoo drove to the place he had promised Jongin the day before, Tanjong Benoa. It was pretty close to their hotel, so in 15 minutes they had arrived there.

"Woaa, is that the parasailing yesterday?" Jongin asked while pointing at the flying human above them.

"Yes, it is." Kyungsoo replied while parking his car. "Let's go."

Once they stepped their feet on the Tanjong Benoa, an Indonesian man with sun-kissed skin immediately approached them and gave the watersport choices for them.

"Let's try a motorboat." Kyungsoo suggested.

"Which one is that?" Jongin asked.

"That one," the Indonesian man who turned out very fluent in speaking Korean said while pointing at the sea.

Jongin narrowed his eyes to see what Kyungsoo meant and saw a boat that looked like a motor, drifting along the sea.

"Okay!" Jongin replied enthusiasticly.

"Then..." Kyungsoo turned to look back at the paper the Indonesian man wrote on. "...what else do you suggest?"

"Do you want to see animals?" The Indonesian man asked. "To see wild animals, like snake, take picture together?"

"No," Kyungsoo shook his head. "I just want a water sport."

"Walking under the sea?" The man suggested again while writing on the paper. "If you take that, it will cost you cheaper."

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin, silently asking for his agreement. Kyungsoo had ever dived before in Maldives so he didn't think the idea of walking under the sea would be fantastic. But Jongin had never done anything like that before, so he waited for Jongin. If Jongin said no then he would just...

...

...

...Huh?

Wait, why should he think about Jongin? It's his holiday! Why bother to ask for Jongin's agreement?

Kyungsoo let out a huff.

Seeing Jongin's fascinated and amazed expressions were totally fun for Kyungsoo. It had captivated Kyungsoo into an addiction. A dangerous addiction.

Jongin didn't say anything. He just replied Kyungsoo's eyes in silence.

"Do you want to go under the sea?" Kyungsoo asked again.

Jongin looked toward the sea. Among all the beaches in Bali, Jongin didn't really like the beach in Tanjong Benoa. It's a little dirty for his liking.

"It's beautiful down there, you can see many fishes." The man was still trying to excite them

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter