Chapter 21 - Bali Day 2

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Kyungsoo stirred on the bed lightly. He yawned and stretched his body. The CEO really had a good good night sleep. Maybe because of the pillow.

Kyungsoo took a deep breathe and released it slowly. A second after, those eyelids finally moved open and revealed black orbs that was hidden the entire night. Kyungsoo stretched one more time before finally rolled to his side. The bed was so large and Kyungsoo felt like keep on rolling around.

So, Kyungsoo's alone on the bed.

Then where's...

"Oi, Jongin."

Kyungsoo called out while grabbing his phone to check the clock.

"Oi, wake up. It's 9."

Beside the bed, there was a big sofa for sitting around...and there was a lump there.

Oh, Jongin.

The tan boy who was still sleeping finally woke up. He murmured while rubbing his tired eyes lazily.

"...eh it's nine...?"

"Yes. I'll be showering first. You can take the bath-tub if you want." Kyungsoo said while hopping down the bed.

"...you crazy?"

Jongin murmured again before started to move, was about to get up and get prepare for his day as well but...

"...eh?"

Jongin frowned when he found himself was wrapped with a blanket.

Oh yeah, last night he turned himself into a coccoon with the extra thick blanket he got from the wardrobe, as a protection to keep him safe from the wolf, Do Kyungsoo.

He's saved, of course.

But...

How did he tie that blanket last night? Because he couldn't even move right now!

"Help!" Jongin yelped while wiggling his body, desperately trying to get out of the coccoon. "Hei, Do Kyungsoo! Wait! I can't go out!"

Kyungsoo grabbed his changing clothes and turned around. He stared at Jongin for quite a while before scoffed and left the other.

"Hei? Wait! Hei, Do Kyungsoo! Help me out!" Jongin shouted while keep wiggling around. "Hei, I can't go out! Hei, hei, hei-,"

BLAM.

The shower door was shut and Kyungsoo completely ignored Jongin's shouts.

"DO KYUNGSOOOOOOOO~" Jongin screamed in annoyance. Little did he know the force that let out when he screamed accidentally sent him slipped out from the sofa and fell onto the floor.

"Omo..." Jongin hissed.

Thankfully he was wrapped tight by a thick blanket so he didn't get hurt anywhere. And one more thing, luckily, the loud thud made the thick blanket came loose and Jongin rolled away to free himself.

The sound of the shower was heard from the bathroom a second after when Jongin was still struggling with his blanket.

"Aigoo..." Jongin groaned as he crawled back to grab the blanket. "That man...is totally the cruelest and the meanest creature in the entire world..."

Last night, Jongin was the one that insisted he should stay on the sofa. He didn't want to share the same bed with Kyungsoo.

No, no, no.

The sofa was so big anyway, it was very comfortable to sleep on. Even much better than Jongin's bed in his previous apartment.

Ah, talking about the apartment... When would it get fixed? Jongin wanted to go back there. He didn't feel really safe staying with Kyungsoo.

Jongin then walked toward the window and opened the black curtain wide. The bright sunny light from outside immediately entered the room, erasing the darkness before.

"Aaaahh!"

Jongin sighed happily while extending his hands.

"Aaaa~ good morniiiing!"

Jongin looked around in satisfaction. That day was also as bright and as sunny as yesterday.

"Bali..."

Jongin smiled when that name slipped out of his lips.

"I love you already."

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mulia hotel's breakfast hall was so big. Jongin kept on looking around in amazement as they walked inside to get their food.

"It's as big as wedding chapel." Jongin commented. "I mean, look. The ceiling is so high, maybe enough for 2-3 floors?"

"They divided the food section into five countries. China, Indonesia, Japan, America, and India." Kyungsoo explained. "You may finish all the food here. It's buffet."

"S-seriously?" Jongin asked in delight. All of sudden, the hidden beast inside of him roar.

"Yeah. Take everything you want. Just make sure that you don't explode due to over eating."

Jongin laughed and waved his hand. "Don't worry about me, my tummy is so big it could even store a dinosaur inside."

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin weirdly before scoffed. "Whatever."

They then parted. Kyungsoo headed to the American food section, while Jongin... He's heading toward the Chinese food section. Still truly devoted to Asian taste, wasn't he?

Kyungsoo took simple breakfasts that he needed. Bacon, a few potatoes, and a baked tomato. When the CEO was about to turn and leave, his eyes were caught with some small glasses filled with strawberry cuts. It looked so refreshing and it made Kyungsoo turn around. The boy extended his hand to grab the small glass only to find another hand also touch it. Kyungsoo looked up and found the owner of the hand was a a tall handsome boy.

"Oh," the boy immediately took his hand off the strawberry glass. "Sorry, didn't see you there."

Kyungsoo blinked before let out an awkward nod. He then took the strawberry glass and headed back to his table.

Jongin hadn't comeback yet. Maybe the other was planning to finish the whole restaurant by himself.

Kyungsoo sat down on the chair and looked around for Jongin. Then, he spotted the other from far. The tan boy was still standing in the Chinese section, picking something that looked like a meatball.

Kyungsoo sighed. How could someone as skinny as Jongin could keep that big amount of food inside of his stomach?

That's kinda... Impossible.

When the CEO averted his gaze away from Jongin, his eyes caught the vision of the handsome tall man that almost took his strawberry earlier. The man was staring at him. Once their eyes met, the man let out a smirk. Kyungsoo was slightly taken a back with the smirk, so he looked away.

The CEO grabbed his phone and started to catch up with his daily mail. When he found there was nothing really important, he moved to read the unread line messages from some of his friends. Kyungsoo drank a glass of juice that he got earlier without tearing his eyes from his phone. He only raised his head when someone was standing infront of him.

The handsome tall man.

Kyungsoo blinked in confusion when the other had sat down infront of him.

"Hei." The man smiled. "You alone?"

"Uh-," Kyungsoo who was still shock knitted his eyebrows. "...no. I'm with my friend."

"Oh?" The man rose his eyebrows. "I thought you are alone, since you are sitting here by yourself."

Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes. "...what do you want?"

"Nothing." The man tilted his head to his side. "Hmm... Are you Korean?"

Kyungsoo suddenly being cautious. "Why do you want to know?"

"No, it just. You looked like Korean for me."

"I am Korean." Kyungsoo replied. "Is there something wrong with it?"

"Well..." The man sighed and rubbed his two hands. "Korean guys are beautiful."

Kyungsoo furrowed both of his eyebrows even deeper. He got uncomfortable with this man, and he straightened his body in a defense manner.

"My name is Ammar zoni. I am Indonesian. What is your name?"

Kyungsoo looked away. He tried to ignore the man and focused his eyes on his phone instead. The cold look that Kyungsoo gave didn't make the man, Ammar, offended. On the other hand, the man got even more interested.

"How long are you gonna stay in Bali?" Ammar asked again.

Kyungsoo let out a sigh before stared at Ammar. "Can you please leave me alone? I feel disturbed with your presence here."

Ammar looked quite taken a back for a few seconds, before he smirked again. He leaned his body toward Kyungsoo. "Hei, I like you. You are so interesting."

Kyungsoo started to feel anger bubbled up inside of him. His hands fisted on the table.

"Maybe you don't know who I am..." Ammar smiled. "But try to browse my name on google. You will find something interesting."

Kyungsoo's left eyebrow lifted but he didn't say anything.

At that time, Jongin appeared with plates of food with him. The tanned boy looked confused when he found a freaking tall man was sitting with Kyungsoo.

Ammar who realized somebody was standing beside him, turned his head to the right. He spotted Jongin and immediately turned his head toward Kyungsoo.

"Oh, so you are indeed not alone."

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes.

"Alright, I'm going to leave you now." Ammar said, still with a smirk on his face.

"..."

Kyungsoo didn't reply. He turned his head toward his food and ignored Ammar.

"So," Ammar still put a smirk then took something out from his pocket. He put it on the table.

Kyungsoo glanced at the thing Ammar put on the table.

A paper with phone number on it.

"Call me if you want. I'm staying in room number 458." Ammar smirked before walking away leaving Jongin and Kyungsoo alone.

Kyungsoo turned to look Ammar sharply. He didn't like that guy. Acting all flirty with him, like he's the hottest man in the wor-,

-Okay, he's hot. Indeed.

But that's not how he should seduce people. That made him looked cheap.

Jongin who was still watching in confusion sat down and placed his plates on the table. He took the paper with phone number on it and gasped.

"Oh my-, did he just...?"

Kyungsoo grabbed the paper from Jongin and crumpled it into a small ball.

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo for a while. There was something screams inside of him, making him feel weird. But he didn't know what was that. That's why the tanned boy just sat awkwardly without asking anything.

Kyungsoo ate his breakfast in silence. To be honest, he didn't really like it when he got hit on. If it was by a smoking hot girl, he wouldn't mind. But if it from a man, especially those who looked stronger and manlier than him...

...He didn't really like it.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

"He's an Indonesian actor." Jongin read the information he got from the google.

"Oh." Kyungsoo replied with a short 'oh'. "What movie?"

"Umm..." Jongin furrowed his eyebrows while reading the google. "Indonesian movie."

"Of course it's Indonesian movie, I mean, what is the name?" Kyungsoo asked in annoyance.

"...I don't know to read the Indonesian title, but it's written 7 tiger men in english."

"..."

Kyungsoo didn't reply at first. He then scoffed.

"What kind of movie is that? Maybe that guy isn't a great actor."

"He received awards." Jongin read again. "I bet he's pretty popular."

"Hoo..." Kyungsoo replied shortly.

"You said that you didn't like him, why bother asking me to browse his name?" Jongin asked while slumped on his seat.

"I'm just curious, since he looked so confident with himself." Kyungsoo replied. "I thought he was a great CEO or something like that. Turned out he's just an actor."

"And if he's a great CEO like you expected to, would you get interested in him?" Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin. "Of course no!"

"Really?" Jongin mocked. "It doesn't look like no to me."

"Listen, I don't like those flirtious type." Kyungsoo said.

"Ha." Jongin mocked again, and this time looking out of the window. He didn't know what's wrong with him, but the fact that Kyungsoo repeatedly being hit on by many people didn't please him.

Well-, it's not like he's jealous because Kyungsoo was such a magnet.

It's just...

...He didn't know.

Maybe he's feeling sorry toward... Minah?

"So..." Jongin cleared his throat awkwardly. "H-how's Minah?"

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows. "Why suddenly you are asking about her?"

"W-well," Jongin rose his shoulders. "I'm just being curious..."

"She's fine." Kyungsoo replied. "And why are you curious about her? Don't tell me..."

Jongin turned toward Kyungsoo and rose his eyebrows high. "...what?"

"Don't tell me you..." Kyungsoo frowned.

"...NO!"

Jongin, who finally understood what Kyungsoo was talking about immediately snapped.

"I'm not falling for her-, -if that's what you mean!"

"Then why do you care so much about her?" Kyungsoo scoffed.

"W-well-," Jongin stuttered. "-i have no reason."

Kyungsoo gave Jongin an accusing look before finally turned his head back.

"So... Where are we going now?" Jongin changed the topic.

"Beach." Kyungsoo replied while extended his head and saw the road ahead. "Panda something beach."

"Is it a good place?" Jongin asked again.

"It is." Kyungsoo replied. "That's what people say."

The car Kyungsoo was driving headed up and a few minutes later, a view of white chalked mountains appeared infront of them.

"Whoaa!" Jongin, as usual, immediately gasped. He opened the window of the car and stared at the hills in pure interest. "Have you ever been here before, Kyungsoo? This looked like the ones that I saw in television last year! Big hills and magnificient view! But I remembered it was in America..."

"It's Grand Canyon, and that place is totally different with this place." Kyungsoo replied without looking at Jongin.

"Oh, yeah! That's the name!" Jongin cheered while looking out of the window. He sighed and laid his head on the opened window. "Is this even real? Am I just dreaming?"

Kyungsoo peeked at Jongin for a second and turned his head back to the front.

"...ah, but what is the business?" Jongin suddenly turned his head back. "We've been here for a day, but what is the business?"

Kyungsoo fell into silence for a few moments and thinking for a while. He had told Jongin the business trip Baekhyun handed to him before their departure. There's no way he would tell Jongin that everything was just a little lie from Baekhyun, right?

"...we just need to enjoy, and I will report all the magnificent things here so Baekhyun could write it on his blog."

"Just that?" Jongin widened his eyes in disbelief.

"Y-yes. Just that."

"That's so simple," Jongin hissed. "And he got paid immediately? His life is so good."

"Well he's a travel and food blogger, so all he need to do is travel and eat."

"Wow." Jongin furrowed his eyebrows. "It's so simple. Does a job like that really exist?"

Kyungsoo nodded. "Yes, there is."

"I'd love to sign up for that kind of job." Jong

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter