Chapter 5 - It's started

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin shifted on his seat uncomfortably. He kept his eyes lowered on the floor. Kyungsoo had his eyes on him, exploring every inch of him and he was so nervous.

"That's the story." Taemin ended retelling Kyungsoo what was actually happened.

"So, he broke my car," Kyungsoo said while pointing at Jongin. "And we have to pay 8 million to repair it back?"

Taemin bit his lower lip. "Maybe, boss. I haven't brought the car to the store for further check. But judging from the look, it may cost 8 million."

Kyungsoo huffed and stared at Jongin. "Wow! Eight million!"

Jongin lowered his head even more.

"How could you crash into my car just like that? Don't know the price? That is the latest BMW that I just bought last week-, it's freakin' TWENTY TWO MILLION WON!!!"

Jongin winced, shut his eyes tightly.

Kyungsoo looked so angry.

Taemin stole small glances at Jongin, making sure the tanned boy is okay.

"Aish..." Kyungsoo ruffled his hair in frustration. "So? What would you do now? How would you pay me back?"

Jongin bit his lower lip and fiddled with his fingers. He didn't have any courage to meet Kyungsoo's eyes.

Kyungsoo scoffed and looked away.

"Boss..." Taemin suddenly broke the tense. "...how about... Letting him pay little by little?"

Kyungsoo turned to glare at Taemin. "Little by little?"

"W-well... Maybe... T-two or t-three hundreads won per m-month..."

"HAHAHAHA!" Kyungsoo's sudden loud laughter shocked both Jongin and Taemin. "Three hundread? Every month? Well-, are you trying to make me rotting by waiting that long? You think 3 years are that short? Huh?"

Well it's not three hundreads, but it's two hundreads per month, actually.

Jongin lowered his gaze even more. He wouldn't make it.

"I want you, to pay me, under than one year!" Kyungsoo said.

"Ha??" Jongin this time blurted out. "I-, c-can't! I don't-, I don't have that much m-money!"

"I don't care!" Kyungsoo replied. "Pay me less than a year, or you will go to the jail!"

"Aish, Do Kyungsoo!" Jongin almost cried out.

Taemin, who was sitting beside Jongin knitted his eyebrows deep. The two must have known each other already. The way Kyungsoo talked to Jongin when they met before, and the way Jongin called Kyungsoo's name so casually... They must have been a friend, or something like that. But it's not time to worrying that kind of thing, though. Because it's 7.38, and Taemin should get ready.

"Boss?" Taemin called out hastily. "I... I'm afraid I should leave now. The client... Is waiting..."

Kyungsoo turned his head toward Taemin. "The CJEN's heirs?"

"Yes." Taemin nodded.

"Make sure to get him signing that damn contract." Kyungsoo ordered. "I'd like to slam that paper on Minho's face."

"I understand, boss." Taemin grinned. "Then, I'll excuse myself."

Jongin almost reached out and grabbed Taemin's hand, begging the almond haired boy to stay. He's afraid of being in the same room with Kyungsoo. Who knew what the other would do to him? But Taemin walked swiftly even before Jongin rose a finger off his laps. The almond haired boy just smiled and mouthed a 'fighting' to Jongin.

Jongin's face turned completely pale when Taemin closed the door. Now it's only him-, and Kyungsoo. Jongin shifted closer to the cushion, trying to make up a strategy if suddenly Kyungsoo attacked him. His whole body started to tremble wildly.

Kyungsoo let out a long sigh and took a big gulp of coke bottle on the table. He then glanced at Jongin who hadn't moved an inch since Taemin left.

"What should I do with you, hm?" Kyungsoo asked, folded his arms together.

Jongin gulped down and his hands formed into tight fists.

"First, you ruin my appetite by throwing away my pizza box on the floor. Now, you also ruin my car. Why are you being such a disgrace to me, huh?" Kyungsoo asked with a calmness on his tone.

"It's because of you!" Jongin finally replied. He had been holding his emotions inside when Taemin was around, but he couldn't hold it any longer.

"Me?" Kyungsoo asked.

"Because of you!" Jongin's breath started to get heavier. "If you didn't assault me, I wouldn't bump into your car!"

"So you've been planning to target my car?" Kyungsoo was surprised, still hadn't caught the situation. "Because I assault you? You run into my car because I assault y-,"

"No! I didn't even know it's your car!" Jongin shook his head, tears started to make their way out of his eyes. "You scared me so much-, that -... That I didn't pay attention to my surroundings!"

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin for a while before slowly sitting back to his sofa. "Huh? Is that even a reason?"

Jongin's chest lifted up and down, a few sobs came out from his mouth. "You are ruining my life, seriously. I got fired, and now I'm getting into terrible problems. Why are you doing this to me?"

Kyungsoo was stunned when he saw droplets of crystal tears running down Jongin's face. He was almost feel sorry for the boy if his brain didn't immediately take the control back.

"Are you trying to make me the guilty one, here?"

"It's the fact!" Jongin cried out. "If you didn't do that to me... I could... I could just live... Peacefully..."

Kyungsoo's face hardened at the words. "But it's still your mistake that you BROKE my car, and I don't want to pay ing eight million to repair it."

Jongin grew frustrated. "But... But I can't pay it less than a year! I... I only get four hundreads salary... Per month..."

Kyungsoo almost widened his eyes.

What? Four hundreads?

That's...

So little.

"I would pay it all back in 4 years..." Jongin sobbed. "Please... Please let me get back to work now, i-, I won't run away I promise. Y-you can even make the contract with me if you want. It's-, it's all because of you anyway."

Kyungsoo's eyebrows twitched when Jongin was still stubbornly insisted that it wasn't his fault.

"Couldn't you just let me go?" Jongin asked, voice filled with hope. "Please?"

Kyungsoo inhaled deeply before laughed. "What? Release you? After you break my car?"

"I will pay it! But for four years. I promise I won't run away, I said y-you can even make a contract if you want!"

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin for a while. "Well, actually I have a genius idea."

Jongin raised his eyebrows, waiting for Kyungsoo to finish his words.

"Work for me."

Jongin widened his eyes. "W-what? W-work? W-what work?"

"Be my personal servant." Kyungsoo smirked. "I'll pay you double than your monthy salary."

Jongin's mouth gaped open. No, he couldn't do it.

"N-no!" Jongin immediately shook his head. "I can't!"

"Why?" Kyungsoo's eyebrows twitched in annoyance. He's so not into rejection.

"J-just can't!" Jongin shook his head. Tears threatened to fall more out of his eyes. He wouldn't risk his safety by being around Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo gritted his teeth. He was about to explode in anger when he suddenly remembered what he had done to Jongin before. Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin. The tanned boy was pressing his body against the sofa, almost becoming one with it. The pale white boy sighed.

"Are you scared?"

Jongin blinked. "Eh?"

"You scared? Of what I gotta do to you?" Kyungsoo asked.

Jongin didn't answer. He was scared, obviously. He didn't need to answer it.

"Okay, fine." Kyungsoo said and crossed his hand together. "What about we sign a contract?"

Jongin rounded his eyes and straightened his body. "C-contract?"

"Contract of work." Kyungsoo said. "You work for me, 6 months. Then, I will free you from all of your debts. No touching, no groping, no ual assault. Agree?"

Jongin widened his eyes. "For sure?"

"Yes." Kyungsoo nodded. "But with one condition."

"What?"

"Quit you delivery man job, and stay in my house for 6 months."

"No." Jongin immediately shook his head. "I can't live with you."

"Why?" Kyungsoo narrowed his eyes.

"Even though we have made that contract, I don't want to live with somebody that I just know." Jongin replied. "I can't live with you."

"But I will need you 24 hours." Kyungsoo said. "You are my servant, remember?"

Jongin pursed his lips, thinking. But at the end he still shook his head. "I want to live in my own apartment."

Kyungsoo let out a long sigh. His eyebrows knitted as a sign that he was thinking hard.

"But you quit your pizza job." Kyungsoo said while pointing at Jongin.

"But I just started work there today!" Jongin protested. "The boss is so kind-hearted, I can't just leave the company. I even broke the motorbike! How about... I'm starting to work... By next month?"

"No, I want you to start working tomorrow."

"But I can't." Jongin shook his head.

"Then, the deal is off. Pay me back less in a year, or I'll kick your to the jail."

"Eh? B-but!" Jongin grew frustrated. "That's against my right. I will sue you!"

"Oh, really?" Kyungsoo chuckled. "I will just slam 3 million on the judge's face and... Bam. You are on the jail."

Jongin closed his mouth, suddenly feeling angry again. "You always use your money and power to buy anything you want, don't you? Can't you play fair?"

"Why should be fair when money can buy somebody else' pride?" Kyungsoo chuckled darkly.

Jongin's mouth hung open in disbelief before he raised his body from the sofa.

"I'm done with this. I'm going home."

Kyungsoo watched as Jongin making his way to the door.

Jongin grabbed the door's knob and turned his head toward Kyungsoo.

"You are now fully a rich bastard without manner, Do Kyungsoo. I hate you!"

With that, he twisted the door knob with all his strength...

...Only to find it was locked.

Jongin widened his eyes in horror. He tried to twist the knob again, but it's still locked.

Jongin was locked!

The tanned boy turned his body toward Kyungsoo. "Kyungsoo!"

Kyungsoo who

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter