Chapter 7 - Mysterious

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

When Jongin arrived on Kyungsoo's apartment on 8 the next day, he was surprised when Kyungsoo had already dressed up. The heir was wearing a grey suit, looking all neat and handsome in it.

"You are not staying at home today." Kyungsoo said while fixing his wristwatch. "Follow me to the office."

Jongin widened his eyes. "O-office?"

Kyungsoo didn't reply. He just walked straight to the fridge and grabbed a sandwich.

Jongin looked down onto the floor, frowning.

Why should he follow the young heir to his office? What could he do there?

"You've eaten?"

Jongin looked up when he heard his boss's voice. "Eh-, yes... I have."

Jongin had had his breakfast, a cheap rolled kimbap from minimarket. He couldn't risk his teeth got torn up for eating another hard baguette like yesterday.

Kyungsoo scoffed when he heard the answer. "Starting from tomorrow, don't eat anything in the morning."

Jongin blinked. "Eh?"

Kyungsoo grabbed another sandwich from the fridge and placed it on Jongin's hand. "I don't feel fancy eating alone. Remember that."

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows as he watched Kyungsoo leaving him.

"Come on, we gotta be late."

Many questions still filled Jongin's mind, but he decided to just keep them for himself. Without talking, he followed Kyungsoo to the basement.

The journey to Kyungsoo's office was once again filled with silence.Jongin stole a glance at Kyungsoo. The straight-faced man was driving while chewing on his sandwich. It's quite dangerous to drive like that. But seems like Kyungsoo had got used with that.

After 20 minutes of journey, Kyungsoo finally stopped his car infront of a very large building. SM bread company.

"Let's go out." Kyungsoo said while unbuckled his seatbelt and opened the door.

Jongin immediately followed the other's movement.

Kyungsoo walked ahead, approaching the office. Some workers who were standing beside the door immediately bowed down in respect. Jongin felt all eyes on him as he awkwardly sticked to Kyungsoo. They entered the office in a fast speed, walking to the lift.

Kyungsoo casually pushed the 6th button on the lift and leaned over the wall. Jongin stood straight beside him, hands playing a little with his t-shirt. The two fell into silence. Kyungsoo seemed to got used with silence, but not with Jongin. He felt awkwardness eating him alive. He repeatedly stole glances at Kyungsoo before finally gathered his courage.

"What... What do you want me to do... Here?"

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin. "Working, of course."

"What kind of work?" Jongin asked. "I-, I can't do much when it's about office."

"You just need to do little." Kyungsoo replied.

"F-for example?"

"Take me water, massage me, buy me a food..." Kyungsoo replied with the same monotone tone.

Jongin gave Kyungsoo a nasty look. So he's still working as a maid even in the office? Fine.

Jongin huffed a little and looked away.

When the lift's door being opened, Jongin caught the sight of a super big office room with no one there. Kyungsoo came out from the lift with Jongin trailing behind him.

"Jongin, make me coffee." Kyungsoo ordered.

Jongin blinked. "What?"

"Coffee. Make me a coffee." Kyungsoo said while pointing at the small dispenser on the corner of the room. "There. Make me one, with milk."

Jongin pursed his lips before walking toward the dispenser and started to make a cup of coffee for his beloved boss.

Kyungsoo took a glasses out of his drawer and wore it. He opened his laptop and started to do his work.

Jongin was stunned when he saw how serious Kyungsoo was. Those eyebrows knitted together, eyes focused on the laptop. Jongin put the mug of coffee beside Kyungsoo carefully.

"It's the coffee."

Kyungsoo didn't respond to Jongin. He kept on typing and typing.

Jongin stood awkwardly beside Kyungsoo for a second longer before gave up and made his way toward the sofa at the end.

The time ticked away while Jongin sitting there, not knowing what to do. The small tanned boy just looked around and studied the whole office.

Tok tok tok.

A light knock was heard on the door.

"Come in." Kyungsoo replied.

The door being swung open and a girl entered the office. She walked toward Kyungsoo with a straight posture and elegant steps. Her left hand was holding a long note.

"Sir, meeting with Geosung's representative in 10 minutes." Yoona, the girl who just entered the office replied.

"Okay." Kyungsoo replied shortly without even looking up from his laptop.

Yoona turned around and ready to left the office but stunned when he saw Jongin sitting not far away her standing place.

Jongin became nervous. A pretty girl just fixed her eyes on him, making him feel small beneath that stare.

"It's my servant." Kyungsoo's voice broke the silence on the room.

"Oh?" Yoona replied in confusion, before bowing at Jongin and let out a sweet smile. "Annyeonghaseyeo."

Jongin widened his eyes, didn't expect that kind of reaction from Yoona. He immediately bowed his head too, replying Yoona's greeting.

Without tearing her smile, Yoona walked to leave the room. Her heel's making a contact with the floor, creating a special harmony that screams professionalism in Jongin's ears.

Jongin glanced at Kyungsoo who was still busy with his laptop. Having such a pretty and smart-looking girl as an assistant... How lucky Kyungsoo's life could be!

Jongin grumbled, murmuring incoherent words that insulted the young heir while directed his vision to the floor.

10 minutes passed and Kyungsoo stood up from his desk. He fixed his tie, and tidied his suit with swift motion. Yoona re-entered the office and immediately took some heavy files from Kyungsoo's desk. The two then walked toward the door of the office.

"Ah, Jongin." Jongin looked up from his seat and throwing a questioning look. "I'll be back in two hours. Make sure this whole room is clean."

Yoona's mouth parted open when she heard the request. Of course she would be surprised. Why bother to ask Jongin cleaning the whole office room when their cleaning services were just right on the next room?

Jongin on the other side immediately let out a pout. "Okay."

With that, Kyungsoo continued his steps out of the office room. A small smirk formed on his lips.

Jongin hissed when he saw that. Do Kyungsoo is such an annoying, annoying person!

ARGH.

With that, Jongin walked around the office. There's no dust here, it's all totally clean! What else is there to clean?

Oh, Jongin knew it. What about clean his ugly face away from the world? Sounds like a plan.

Jongin walked back toward the sofa, fell into it with a loud thud before rolled around and sighed.

"Aish..." Jongin glanced at the clock. It's still 9.46, he still need to work for more than 10 hours. There's no use to waste energy like yesterday. Jongin's arms still hurting anyway.

Jongin closed his eyes as he shifted on the sofa, seeking for a more comfortable position. Jongin had planned to just sleep until two hours came and told Kyungsoo that he had cleaned the office room... But he didn't think it was a good idea after all.

Jongin sighed hard and stood up, walking around the office to check up on the office once again.

Still clean.

Jongin huffed and ran his fingers on Kyungsoo's working table to check whether it was dusted or not. That's when his finger accidentally touched a small frame beside the laptop. It was put downwards.

Jongin raised both of his eyebrows and took the frame. "Maybe it's fallen."

The frame was filled with a picture of some people dressed in suits. Jongin took a look closer to each people on the frame. There was Kyungsoo, a man and a woman on their fourties, and another man around Kyungsoo's age.

Jongin frowned. It's his family?

The door creaked open and Jongin jumped by the sound. He immediately turned his head sharply toward the door, expecting Kyungsoo's there.

Oh. It's Taemin.

"Yo!" Taemin greeted cheerfully.

"A-ah..." Jongin immediately stood straight.

"Boss just told me that you're here, and I think you will get lonely so here I am!" The almond-haired said, still in his brightest smile.

"H-he told you?" Jongin awkwardly replied and putting the photo frame nicely back on the table.

"Yes, he told me last night that you'll be coming with him today." Taemin replied and shifted his eyes on the photo frame that Jongin just touched. "Oh, that frame. Don't, don't put it like this."

Taemin immediately pushed the frame down-faced again, making Jongin frowned in confusion.

"E-eh? B-but-,"

"Boss doesn't like it. He hates it so much when this photo frame stands up right. He prefers it like this." Taemin smiled.

Jongin's eyebrows still furrowed in confusion.

Taemin who caught the i-need-an-explanation look from Jongin extended his hand and took the photo frame.

"This guy over here," Taemin said and pointed at the man that Jongin saw before. "He is Do Minho. Boss' big brother."

"Ahh..." Jongin nodded in acknowledgement. They looked a like. It explained much.

"They've never got along." Taemin continued. "The worst sibling relationship that I've ever seen."

"Really?" Jongin rounded his eyes.

"Yes." Taemin nodded. "Whenever they meet, they keep exchanging glares. They rarely have a heartwarming conversation. So far all they have been talking about is this company, and mostly, boss Minho's complaints."

"Oh?" Jongin frowned even more. "They run this company

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter