Chapter 41 - Pieces Of Heart

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“You feel better?”

Kyungsoo asked that question with gentle voice, directing it toward Minah who was lying on the hospital bed.

Minah smiled and nodded. “I will get discharged tomorrow. There’s nothing so big, actually.”

Kyungsoo nodded and sighed. He looked at the pale girl who has a lot of iv infuse running through her vein.

“Kyungsoo…”

Kyungsoo turned his head when he heard Minah called him. He found Minah’s smiling face looking at him. “Hm?”

“Last time you wanted to tell me something.” Minah said, reminding Kyungsoo with his break up preparation in the dinner table last night. “What is that?”

Kyungsoo’s eyes widened a little for a split second before he tore his gaze away from Minah, then cleared his throat nervously. “Ah… that one…. I wanted to ask… about your bakery. How is it been going?”

Minah rose her eyebrows high, before let out an ‘ah’, then smiled again. “It’s been doing good. I have a lot more orders recently, thanks to my new sales marketing’s hard work.”

Kyungsoo found himself nodded in understanding.

The next minutes passed by him asking Minah about anything that crossed his mind. As long as they got into relationship, it’s Minah who always asked questions. But today, Kyungsoo wanted to be the one who heard Minah.

There’s so many things he didn’t know about Minah, and he used to think it wasn’t a big thing.

But when he saw the happy expression in Minah’s face when they could finally talk in comfortable pace like this, he finally realized.

He had been acting like a jerk for a long time all these months.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Jongin had just taken a bath when Kyungsoo returned back home that night. It was already around 9 PM, and Jongin had prepared himself to do his nightly routine.

“Ah, you’re home?” Jongin asked when he saw Kyungsoo entering the apartment. “How’s Minah-ssi?”

“She’s better.” Kyungsoo replied before changed his coat then nudged his head out the door. “Come with me. Let’s go out.”

Jongin blinked in confusion. “Out? Where to?”

Kyungsoo didn’t reply. He just opened the door and headed back outside, making Jongin ran after him and quickly put on his coat as well.

The two drove along Seoul’s still bright and lively street with car, before stopped at a coffee shop. Kyungsoo got himself and Jongin two cups of matcha latte before continued to drive again.

Kyungsoo stopped the car on the side of Hangang bridge, and they both walked out of it.

Jongin clutched onto his coat as the coldness hit him, and he warmed his hands by holding the matcha latte cup Kyungsoo bought for him.

Kyungsoo laid his arms on the hand rail of the bridge and stared at the wide river underneath it.

Jongin joined him, with a confused look on his face. “What’s wrong? Why you suddenly take me here?”

Kyungsoo took a gulp of the matcha latte without looking at Jongin. “No reason, just… a little worn out.”

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows and tilted his head to the left. He didn’t understand Kyungsoo. Why didn’t he just go to sleep rather than staying outside in the middle of winter coldness like this?

“What happened?” Jongin dared himself to ask. “Is it still about yesterday?”

Kyungsoo looked at Jongin, stared at the other before supported his head with his palm without tearing his eyes off Jongin. “Hey, if you weren’t tied to a contract with me, what do you want to do for living?”

Jongin frowned for a while, before blinked and rose his eyebrows. “Why do you suddenly ask that?”

“Just answer.” Kyungsoo replied shortly.

“Well…” Jongin hummed to himself. “…I will do whatever work available for me to choose.”

Kyungsoo tore his gaze away from Jongin, before returned back. “I mean, the job you want. The one you really want to do ever since you were little.”

Jongin widened his eyes at the question, and many memories rushed back through his mind.

 

“What do you want to be when you have grown up, Jonginnie?”

 

A female voice was heard from the back of his head.

 

“I want to be a dancer, mom! I want to dance all day and night, and I want to have a studio where I can teach dance all my years away

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter