Chapter 44 - Japan Daylight 1

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin didn’t believe what was happening-,that they were really going to Japan, until both him and Kyungsoo literally really stand up in front of the Incheon International Airport. His lips parted open in surprise before shaking his head. “We really going to Japan.”

“You’ve been making fuss about it since yesterday.” Kyungsoo gave the other an annoyed look. “it is not like I am taking you to Mars or what-, it is just Japan.”

“Still-, you think it is as easy as riding train to Busan?” Jongin asked back, before shaking his head. “Rich people are definitely different.”

“Well you can say that.” Kyungsoo shrugged and took a lead of walking, making Jongin had to fasten his pace to catch up with the older.

“So, what is it actually that you want to buy Baekhyun?” Jongin asked once they both had already seated in the waiting room.

“Him and me used to watch a lot of animes when we were little.” Kyungsoo replied as he checked his phone. “He used to tell me he had this little obsession to the charms that those main men do in the anime. He used to ask his father to buy it for him while he was on a trip but it’s never really got bought. All because Baekhyun asked the charms from the temples scattered in all around Japan, from Tokyo, Osaka, and Kyoto.”

“Oh...” Jongin tilted his head to the right. “...hmm... so what you are saying is...?”

“We will gather the charms he want.” Kyungsoo said as he turned toward Jongin. “From three different temples in three different towns. I am not even sure if he remembered it since he was so little but he had never talked about it anymore ever since he became a travel blogger so I guess he had really forgotten about it.”

“Doesn’t that mean he gives no care again toward it then?” Jongin asked innocently, not noticing Kyungsoo’s expression froze for a second before tried to play it cool.

“Well-, doesn’t mean he gonna despises it.”

Jongin gave the other a disbelief look, before sighing and running his fingers through his hair.

He would never understand what’s inside rich people’s mind.

 

 

 

Tokyo was still pretty cold-, but not as cold as Seoul. It was probably only around 6 to 7 degree, so it was still considered pretty warm. Jongin and Kyungsoo walked into the airport, and the younger out of two was looking around in excitement-, as usual. That was his first time to Japan-, of course everything interested him. From the way the people there talk, their body languages, to the writings on the board.

“We will go through immigration now.” Kyungsoo said as he pointed at the immigration line. “I’ll take the left one, you’ll take the right one.”

“O-okay.” Jongin nodded his head before hurriedly making his way to one of the immigration table, greeted by a handsome tall man. On his nametag written Nakajima Yuto. Jongin kept on whispering to himself to calm down-, he was really stupid in English language. Back then in Bali the immigration asked him about the hotel he stayed in and he was so confused. Thankfully the Indonesian man let him go.

“Hello.” Yuto smiled brightly, speaking in highly Japanese accented English. “Welcome to Japan!”

“H-halo!” Jongin nodded his head before awkwardly looked away.

“Kim... Jongin.” The man read his name. “First time to Japan?”

“Oh...” Jongin started to grow panic. What? What? First what?

Yuto waited for Jongin to answer as he compared the picture on the passport with Jongin’s face, while the person in front of him turning white.

“Hm... T-tokyo praza hoter...?” Jongin managed to reply.

Yuto looked at him with his round eyes, seemingly confused with the reply. Jongin also stared at him, definitely catching on that he answered a question that Yuto didn’t.

“T-three days.”

Yuto coughed, almost bursted into laughter with the unexpected answer before putting the passport on the scan. “Okay, please put your chin here for an eyescan.” He said as he ushered Jongin to one of a machine.

Confident that Yuto asked for a fingerprint like in Bali back then, he put his hands there and Yuto once again tried to hold himself from laughing.

“Eyes,” Yuto repeated, motioning his hands on his eyes.

“Eyes?” Jongin asked in Korean, before following Yuto’s instruction to put his chin on the machine. He let the other scanned his eyes with the machine, recording the needed datas before Yuto nodded his head.

“That’s fine, you can go.”

Jongin immediately bowed his body so deep, earning another lopsided smile from Yuto. He is considered super lucky to meet a friendly immigration staff. The last one he met in Bali seemed a bit scary with his sharp eyes.

Once he was released from the immigration, Kyungsoo had already waited for him with his usual flat expression. “Getting in trouble again?”

“Not really.” Jongin shook his head in embarrasment, folding his arms. “Doing just fine.”

Kyungsoo just gave the other a smirk,, definitely watching over before but did not say anything afterwards. He then lead the way, ushering Jongin to the taxi company representatives. They drove away leaving the airport, and Jongin stood beside the window, staring out with big excited eyes.

Tokyo. The capital city of Japan. One superpower country with its dangerously addictive attributes-, from the super well drawn animes and mangas to delicious Japanese food... So this is the country where it all began. This is the country that was once mentioned as the diamonds of the asia. Jongin’s expression was definitely a definition of pure adoration, his eyes analyzing each high buildings and the tidy arsithectures of the sakura city.

So this is Japan.

Meanwhile beside him, Kyungsoo was busy scrolling through his phone. He looked at the driver sitting in front of them before speaking in Japanese language. “How long would it take from Shinjuku t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter