Chapter 40 - Decision

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin watched mindlessly the latest Running man on the television in front of him. He didn’t understand even a single thing they were saying, and he knew it wasn’t because they were lame entertainers.

It just, Jongin’s mind found his own entertainer somewhere else.

“…there’s someone who always keep him company, keeping him sane from doing crazy things. The one… that he will slowly falling in love with.”

Taemin’s words once again rang across his head.

“Of course that person is YOU, Jonginnie.”

“You…”

“You…”

“You…”

“Huwooooggh!”

Jongin screamed so that the voice will go away.

“Aishh, Lee Taemin, really…” He cursed and ran both of his hands across his hair. He was getting frustrated with himself, who wouldn’t stop thinking about Kyungsoo.

When he ate his dinner, he remembered Kyungsoo. When he was laying in his bed, he remembered Kyungsoo. And even when he’s opening the tub of toilet lid, he remembered Kyungsoo!

“That poop like CEO…” Jongin hissed to himself and tightened his hold around the remote. “Who do you think you are thinking about, Kim Jongin? Who! Who!”

He mercilessly took a handful of popcorn and stuffed it into his mouth.

He wouldn’t think about that man again!

Jongin widened his eyes as big as possible, as if he’s really interested with the scene of Lee Kwangsoo playing game.

…a second…

…two seconds…”

“Augh! Really!”

Jongin slammed the remote on the sofa. “Why their names are so similar?? Kwangsoo, Kyungsoo! Is this a kind of terrorism? What I did so wrong, omayaa!”

He buried his head onto the pillow and rolled on the sofa. When he stopped and stared at the chocolate leather skin of the sofa, he suddenly remembered something.

14 January, 00.00.

The day when Kyungsoo came into the room with a birthday cake on it.

“Happy birthday Moron,”

Was what he said.

Jongin blinked a few times and touched the leather skin of the sofa.

“…happy birthday…”

Jongin whispered to no one, and smiled.

It’s been really long since he last celebrated his birthday. And moreover, no one had ever done that for him.

Kyungsoo was the only one.

The only o-,

Sound of the door being opened made Jongin jumped on his spot. He sat up straight and turned to see Kyungsoo had come home.

“Oh-, y-y-you are here?”

Jongin stuttered out wildly.

Kyungsoo didn’t reply, he took off his coat and hung it. “You ate dinner?”

Jongin nodded. “I did. S-sweet and sour pork cutlet w-with bibimbap.”

Kyungsoo chuckled when he heard the answer. “Wow. You had a mini party, didn’t you?”

Jongin blinked a few times repeatedly before turned to look at Kyungsoo. “Y-yeah, I could say.”

Kyungsoo walked toward the fridge, took out a beer and then walked straight to the sofa. Jongin instinctively moved to make a space beside him and Kyungsoo sat on it.

The CEO opened his beer can and took some gulp before sighed.

Jongin glanced at him repeatedly before nervously voiced out his question. “S-so how w-was the d-date?”

Kyungsoo paused for a while before turned to Jongin. “Why are you curious?

The tanned boy widened his eyes and groggily shook his head. “I-, I’m n-not curious! J-just a casual ask, n-normal.”

Kyungsoo gulped down again and locked his eyes on the television. He nodded. “Not bad.”

Jongin cringed at the answer.

Of course not bad. Sitting with a girl as pretty as Minah inside a luxurious restaurant while eating delicious food…

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter