Chapter 45 - Japan Daylight 2

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The distance from Tokyo to Osaka was the farthest so Taemin decided to book the shinkansen ticket to Osaka first. It took around 2 hours of journey to reach Osaka, and once they hopped off they immediately were greeted by cold air. Osaka's temperature that day dropped to 3 degree, and Jongin couldn't help but missing the sunlight in Bali like before. 

 

"We'll stay here for another night, and tomorrow we'd go to Kyoto before returning back to Seoul." Kyungsoo explained as they hopped onto the taxi that would take them to their hotel located not too far from Dotonbori area. 

 

"Okay... And our temple in Osaka is...?" Jongin asked. 

 

"Osaka temple." Kyungsoo replied shortly. 

 

Once they arrived at the hotel, they immediately checked in and left their belongings inside the room before going out again to visit one of Osaka's most famous tourist place-, Osaka temple. Jongin had to admit, he couldn't hold his jaw on his place when he got to see the magneficent building in front of him with his own eyes. It looked different from Asakusa temple, it has a certain kind of special charm that made people stop and wonder. 

 

Kyungsoo wasted no time as he immediately headed to people who sell charms. Jongin followed from behind, letting Kyungsoo do the discussions and questions as he wandered through all the souvenirs sold there. He stopped once something caught his eyes. It was a very beautiful couple charm pendant, with writing that Jongin didn't understand.

 

"Jongin-ah." Kyungsoo suddenly called out. "I am going there for a bit, you stay there." 

 

Jongin turned around to see Kyungsoo had already walked somewhere else with the charm seller. Looked like the man was showing him other collections. Jongin himself turned to look back at the pendant.

 

Somehow... He imagined Kyungsoo wearing it and it looked beautiful. 

 

"Are you a Korean?"

 

The voice of a lady seller in front of him gaining his attention. Jongin looked up and blinked in surprise. "Y-yes..."

 

The lady smiled widely. "I'm glad to hear a familiar language."

 

Jongin rose his eyebrows. "Are you a Korean?"

 

"Yes, come here to follow my husband." The lady smiled as she turned to look at her husband who was still talking to Kyungsoo. 

 

"Ah..." Jongin nodded his head and let out a sheepish grin. He didn't really know what to say, since his attention kept on being drawn to the pendant under him. 

 

"Pretty, isn't it?" The pretty lady asked again. Her eyes narrowed playfully. "It would get shy if you kept on gazing at it like that." 

 

Jongin blinked again and shook his head. "I am sorry."

 

"It's fine." The lady shook his head. "It is one of our prettiest charm. There are a lot of couples come to buy them. Now, we only have one product left. The other batch would juat come next month." 

 

Jongin's lips turned into an o shape before staring at it again. 

 

"It is perfect for you and your boyfriend." The lady winked. 

 

"A-ah he is not my b-boyfriend."

 

"Oh- sorry! Husband?"

 

"N-no!"

 

The lady chuckled when he saw Jongin's flustered expression. "If you wanted to buy it, the price for both is 6,000 yen." 

 

Jongin blinked, before staring at the pendant again. Once he arrived, Kyungsoo immediately gave him 100,000 yen just in case if he wanted to buy something. Jongin's fingers reached out for his pocket, but hesitating. "What does that words there about?"

 

"A fated love." The lady explained. "People believe that if they wore these pendants together, the love fated to them would grow strong. It would turn the meek and puppy love into a strong and endless love. These are the pendants that offer eternity." 

 

Jongin bit his lower lip. Well now that started to sound a lot too good to be true. 

 

"This is a perfect gift for a person that you like." The lady encouraged again. "...for example, that man over there."

 

Jongin coughed when the lady once again referred to Kyungsoo. The tip of his ears turned red, and he eyed the pendants longingly. 

 

...he had never bought any gift to anyone...

 

And he had never bought anything for Kyungsoo. 

 

Jongin tightened his grip on his wallet before sighed. "...do you accept won?"

 

"Won?" The lady looked surprised, but then laughed. "Oh well, we are returning to Korea for vacation anyway. That's fine, you can pay with Won." 

 

Jongin sighed in relief as he pulled out his wallet. Taking out his own won instead of Kyungsoo's given yen, he paid the lady while half biting his own tongue. Damn it is more expensive than he thought. Yet, soon enough a small plastic bag of two pretty pendants had already moved to his own hands. He looked at them in adoring way, before putting it back into his own bag. 

 

Kyungsoo came not too long after, before nodding his head. "I've bought it. Come on, let's get back to the hotel and rest." 

 

 

 

 

****

 

 

 

The daylight passed nice and quiet for Jongin. He enjoyed his time bathing inside the bath tub for almost an hour as Kyungsoo used his time to nap. They just started to prepare themselves to go out once the sky turned dark. 

 

"L

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter