Chapter 6 - Monster

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin woke up with the sound of his ringing alarm clock. The tanned boy extended his hand and turned it off before rubbing his tired eyes.

It's 7.00, and Kyungsoo expected Jongin to be on his apartment at 8.

The tanned small boy hopped out of his bed and ran to his bathroom. He took a shower and walked out of the bathroom with towel around his body. A habit he had been doing since he's living alone.

Jongin walked toward his door-less wardrobe and picked a t-shirt with long jeans. He then tidied his appearance and took his needed things such as wallet and apartment's key.

It's 7.32, and Kim Jongin's ready to kick the day...

... But after his stomach got filled.

Jongin ate the two potato hotdogs Sehun gave as the dinner last night, and went straight to sleep. The result? He's starving to death now.

It was still so cold outside when Jongin came out from his apartment. He locked it from outside and put it on his pocket.

There were lots of bakery along the street, all inviting with their fresh baked bread smell. Jongin inhaled the smell of bakery deeply.

So good.

A row of fresh baked croissants in a basket stole Jongin's attention. The basket was put right beside the window along with a few more baskets with other fresh baked breads. A great tactic to lure hungry customers inside.

Jongin gulped down forcefully and stole a glance at the price of the bread.

3500 won.

Why so expensive???

Jongin sighed in frustration. He only had 50 thousands won to survive the rest of January. His other money would be used to pay his monthly apartment's rent. He had to be careful in picking food.

Jongin entered the bakery and looked around, searching for the cheapest bread.

Ah, that baguette only cost 1500 won! And it's long! Way bigger than that small croissant.

Buy that!

Jongin grabbed the long baguette and brought it to the cashier. He queued beside two pretty highschoolers. Both are having the croissants, making Jongin droll at it.

"Tsk tsk tsk. We have such a fatty breakfast early in the morning." One of a girl chuckled.

"Yes, we even buy two!" Another one replied with a heavy sigh.

"Let's just eat one in a half and throw away the rest. We don't want to store fat inside of our body, right?"

"Yes, let's just eat one in a half!"

No, no, no! Don't do that! Don't you know I'm dying to eat the whole of your bread?

Jongin mentally screamed when he heard the girls' words.

"We can't eat that much anyway." The first girl added again. "Everytime I eat, I can always finish a half plate. Guess my stomach has gotten smaller due to the diet pill!"

"Ahh, I envy you!" The other girl replied. "Finishing the whole meal infront of my boyfriend is such an embarassing thing! He'll think I eat so much. Pretty girls don't eat much, right?"

Just ing give me that food if you don't want to eat! You want to be skinny? Just eat the grass on the garden and let poor people like me have your food, damn it!

Jongin's grip on his tray tightened. That's why he hates rich kids. They never treasure what they have. They don't know that other people are praying for everything they get for free.

Jongin paid his baguette with a little pout on his face. He sobbed sadly when his money being taken away, but he forced his feet out of the bakery soon after.

Jongin took a mouthful of baguette with force.

It's hard!

Jongin had never eaten any french bread before and he really wanted to eat one...but not this! What kind of bread is this?

Jongin chewed the bread and gulped it down, filling his angry stomach down. At least he still had food.

The long and big baguette was gone in a matter of time, staying in Jongin's stomach as the other walked toward Gangnam area, where his new boss lives.

Let's get to work then.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Brak!

Jongin's eyes widened in surprise when the door of the apartment being swung open with a great force.

"SO NOISY!" Kyungsoo roarred.

Jongin's mouth hung open. "I'm...sorry?"

"Come in." Kyungsoo sighed and stepped aside, letting the tan small boy entered the apartment.

Jongin took a few baby steps into Kyungsoo's apartment. He stopped and turned around when he heard the door being closed.

"It's 170114." Kyungsoo said while ruffling his messy hair and yawned.

"Eh?"

"The password." Kyungsoo eyed Jongin lazily. "170114. No need to punch the bell anymore. Now I'm off to sleep."

"E-eh?" Jongin extended his hand. "T-then what should I do?"

"Clean the house." Kyungsoo replied. "And make me breakfast. I will wake up two hours from now."

"W-what breakfast?"

"I'd like to have Korean breakfast today. Make me a kimchi jigae and bulgogi. All the ingredients are in the fridge, the kitchen is on your left." Kyungsoo turned around once he done talking and walked away, leaving an utterly confused Jongin alone.

"I'm-," Jongin tried to call out but Kyungsoo had left, making him standing alone in the middle of room, didn't know what to do.

"Iishh... What should I do?" Jongin hissed and rubbed both of his hands.

Clean the house and make breakfast...

Truth to be told, Jongin didn't know how to cook. He just could fry an egg, boil waters, steam a rice, cook noodle.

Kimchi jigae? Bulgogi?

Impossible.

Jongin glanced at Kyungsoo who had entered his bedroom.

"He's really leaving me like this?" Jongin narrowed his eyes in annoyance. "Unbeliavable."

Jongin glanced at the clock.

Two hours from now... Then he should start cooking.

The petite male made his way toward the kitchen. Once he reached it, his eyes widened.

Wow.

The kitchen's HUGE!

All the needed utensils were neatly placed all over the kitchen's area. It's all clean and shiny, making Jongin afraid he would ruin it if he touched it.

"This..." Jongin shook his head when he held a knife. "A high quality one."

Of course, comparing the wide and spacious kitchen with his own kitchen making him feel... Small...

Jongin glanced around. The kitchen's clean, tidy and nicely decorated... But it seems like it hadn't been used for quite a long time.

"Does that guy never cook?" Jongin questioned himself. "Or he just eat pizzas all the day, remembering he's Mr.pizza's most frequent customer?"

Jongin raised his shoulders and decided to just brush his thoughts off. The easiest one first, rice. Jongin had no problem in making rice. Of course, he eats rice his whole life, he definitely knew how to make it. But then the problem appeared. Kimchi Jigae.

Jongin huffed and took a pack of kimchi out of the fridge.

"How to cook kimchi jigae?"

Seriously, Jongin had no idea. He was too busy to learn how to cook a proper Korean meal. He almost spent all his life eating outside, or eating a fried or boiled egg with rice or ramyeon.

Eggs - ramyeon - noodle - fried rice.

That's what Jongin's life is.

Jongin's forehead creased.

How would he solve this problem?

Well... Let's just move to the bulgogi first.

Jongin came back to the fridge and took a high quality beef from it.

"Okay, then what should we do?" Jongin asked himself while keeping his eyes on the beef.

...

...

Should he just grill it? Or should he add some sauces?

But what sauces?

Jongin sighed for the uptenth time that day and closed his eyes.

He hates cooking...

 

 

 

***

 

 

Kyungsoo stared at his phone, checking the newest update of his instagram. He frowned when he saw a post at the very top of his news feed.

Suzy.

With Seunggi.

Kyungsoo scoffed and threw his phone to the bed, stretched his body.

Annoyed.

That's what Kyungsoo felt at that moment.

"What's so good about that guy? I looked even better than him!" Kyungsoo growled.

Yes. What's so good about Lee Seunggi?

Face?

Standart.

Well... Not that bad though.

Body?

Standar-, okay. Good.

Brain?

Stand-, no no. Okay, good.

Wait...

Did Kyungsoo just admit that Lee Seunggi is indeed HOT?

No way.

Kyungsoo tsked and came out of his bedroom. He walked straight to the living room and glanced at the kitchen.

"Oey. Is my food ready?"

Jongin who was struggling with the bulgogi startled when he heard that voice. "E-err... Al-almost!"

Kyungsoo made his way to the kitchen, checking the younger out. His already wide eyes widened even more when he saw his kitchen was in a messy condition.

"WHAT ARE YOU DO-," Kyungsoo hysterically pointed at the kitchen.

Jongin blinked while eyeing the heir. "I'm... Cooking..."

"This is not cooking!" Kyungsoo protested while pointing at the messy kitchen. "You are just doing an experiment with the ingredients! Look! Look! That bulg-, it's BURNT!"

Jongin looked down to see the poor burnt beef and immediately went panic. "A-ah, what should I d-do?"

"Turn the stove off!" Kyungsoo roarred. "Aish, hand it to me!"

Jongin moved away when Kyungsoo took the frying pan from him. He eyed Kyungsoo as the other clean away the burnt meat.

"Look at this kimchi soup." Kyungsoo tsked while pointing at the soup on the bowl. "It doesn't look appetizing at all. I wonder how it tastes."

"Well..." Jongin stratched his head guiltlessly.

"Forget it." Kyungsoo sighed. "You can't cook?"

Jongin shook his head slowly.

"YOU SHOULD'VE TOLD ME!" Kyungsoo shouted right at Jongin's face, making the other winced.

"S-sorry..."

"You are ruining my weekend." Kyungsoo sighed and eyed the clock. "It's 10.03 and I haven't gotten my breakfast yet. You clean the kitchen and I will take a shower."

"E-eh?" Jongin widened his eyes. "Y-you skip br-breakfast?"

"I'll be eating outside." Kyungsoo said while walking straight to the shower.

Jongin huffed and stared at his cooked meals. He slowly took one piece of bulgogi and put it on his mouth.

Ew. Bad!

Jongin gulped it down forcefully. No matter how much he wanted to just throw the meat out of his mouth, he still sticked to his promise to not waste food.

Jongin sighed and stared at his home-cook again. "I better clean everything away."

The dark skin boy then started to clean the kitchen away. He washed the dirty utensils, re-arranged the messy plates and glasses, and at the end cleaned the kitchen's tables.

When he was done with the kitchen, Kyungsoo popped up again. This time, the boy was wearing a black t-shirt with long black jeans.

Kyungsoo looked...hot.

Jongin's eyes traced the other's milky white skin in awe, down to his lean body and slim legs.

"Let's go." Kyungsoo said.

"Eh?"

"Let's go out. For a food."

"Me too?"

"Of course." Kyungsoo growled. "You think I will leave you alone here?"

"Oh, well..." Jongin blinked. "O-okay."

Jongin then hurriedly approach Kyungsoo and followed the heir's steps to exit his apartment. Those two headed to the basement, and Kyungsoo casually clicked the button on his car's key. He made his way to his black merci and hopped inside.

Jongin flinched when he saw the car. It looked so luxurious, making him felt so dirty to sit on it.

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin who was still watching the car in doubt.

"What are you doing?" Kyungsoo asked in annoyance. "Hurry! I'm hungry!"

Jongin yelped and immediately hopped into the car.

Comfortable.

Once Jongin's landed on the pessanger's chair, comfortable was everything that he felt. The car's interior was very good, luxurious and all.

Kyungsoo started the car's engine with emotionless face.

The journey was filled with silence. None of them talked. Jongin was too busy studying every part of the luxurious car while Kyungsoo was focusing all his attention on the street.

"Have you eaten?"

Jongin was startled when Kyungsoo's voice suddenly echoed beside him. He turned to face Kyungsoo. "Y-yes."

"When?"

"This morning..."

"Oh."

With that, Kyungsoo continued to drive away wordlessly. After 15 minutes of driving, Kyungsoo finally stopped his car infront of a restaurant.

"Come out." Kyungsoo commanded as he turned the car's engine off.

Jongin followed Kyungsoo's instruction and came out. He waited for Kyungsoo to also came out and then made their way inside.

It's an American restaurant. A restaurant that only serves breakfasts. Jongin knew this kind of restaurant since he had ever worked there before.

Kyungsoo sat himself on the table with Jongin followed from behind.

"I know you've eaten but," Kyungsoo said while opening the menu book. "Since I don't feel fancy eating alone, you will eat too. With me."

Jongin blinked. "S-should I?"

"Of course. I've brought you here and you don't eat?" Kyungsoo scoffed while pushing the other menu book to Jongin's direction.

Jongin hastily took the menu book and opened it.

Ugh.

Mouth watering.

Jongin eyed each photo on the menu book in interest. He laid his eyes on a plate of pancakes topped with mapple syrup and butter.

"You've decided?" Kyungsoo asked with his usual cold, emotionless and straight face.

"Y-yes." Jongin nodded. The tanned boy stole a glance at the menu he had his interest to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter