Chapter 25 - Heartbroken

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Forgetting Suzy wouldn't be an easy task, of course. Jongin knew that love makes people blind, and Kyungsoo who is the charismatic CEO of a big company with smart brain is not an exception.

That's what Jongin think when he and Kyungsoo spotted Suzy inside of their apartment on the next day in Seoul.

"Oppa!" Suzy who was reading a magazine rose from the sofa. Her smile widened. "Ah, I make right on time! I have just arrived here!"

Jongin immediately turned his head toward Kyungsoo. The other was also frozen, standing straight on his position.

"How's Bali?" Suzy asked while approaching Kyungsoo. She extended her hand and threw a childish yet charming smile. "Where's my milk pie?"

Kyungsoo immediately blinked fast. "A-ah... I-it's in my suitcase."

"Yeay!" Suzy grinned happily. She then let out a mischiveous smirk. "Oppa, you must be so surprised to see me here. Aren't you?"

Yes.

That's what Jongin wanted to say. He suddenly get very annoyed seeing the pretty girl's face. All the good girl image of Suzy evaporated to the sky, replaced with an annoyment that even Jongin didn't know why he felt that way.

"Y-yes." Kyungsoo went rigid and nervous at the same time. "...what, why you suddenly..."

"It's a surprise!" Suzy grinned. "Are you free today, oppa? Do you have any work?"

"Well..." Kyungsoo bit his lower lip. "...no."

"Let's go out!" Suzy cheered happily. "I miss you sooooo much oppa! We haven't beein going out for quite a long time!"

Jongin held the urge to roll his eyes when he heard her, but he held it. Instead, he glanced at Kyungsoo beside him.

Kyungsoo, on the other hand, became confused as hell. He wanted to reject the other's invitation, but he couldn't. Suzy had come all the way to his apartment. He couldn't just say 'no' to her, right?

It's not about love, it's also being a 'gentlemen'.

"...well..."

Jongin narrowed his eyes, silently boring holes onto Kyungsoo's

"...okay."

That's it.

Jongin's expression turned disappointed.

Kyungsoo agreed, at the end.

"Yeay!" Suzy grinned. "So, do you want to take a shower first? Or resting for a while? I have all day!"

"No, no." Kyungsoo immediately rejected. It wasn't a good idea to left Suzy and Jongin alone while he take a shower. "We go now."

"Now?" Suzy rose her eyebrows. "...alright."

"Let's go." Kyungsoo said while turning his body.

"Oh?" Suzy's attention shifted to Jongin. "Who's this cutie, oppa?"

Jongin widened his eyes when his name was being mentioned. His lips parted open in shock and nervousness.

"I-it's my new secretary." Kyungsoo immediately replied.

"Oh, I have never seen him before." Suzy stil didn't tear her eyes off Jongin. "Is he replacing Taemin?"

"No, he's helping Taemin." Kyungsoo said and walked toward Suzy. He circled his right arm around Suzy's shoulders to her away. "Come on, let's go now."

"E-eh? But..."

Suzy was clearly confused, but Kyungsoo had brought her outside. Jongin could hear clearly Suzy's questions about is that really okay leaving Jongin there alone and their footsteps which slowly faded away.

Jongin scoffed at the door. He crossed his arms.

"Stupid Do Kyungsoo. I know he will lose."

Jongin pouted as he grabbed his suitcase and brought it inside his bedroom. The tanned boy put his suitcase in the corner of the room and sat down on his bed.

Now that Do Kyungsoo left him alone. What should he do?

Jongin laid his body on the bed and stared at the clock.

It's 3.18. He's pretty sure Kyungsoo wouldn't comeback until late.

Jongin sighed and closed his eyes.

Should he sleep? But he had spent the entire night sleep in The Mulia Hotel earlier.

Or eat? But he had eaten big portion of lunch from the airplane before.

Clean the house? He had cleaned it before they left to Bali and it was still really clean.

Then what should he do?

Jongin got up and sighed. His eyes examining the whole room while thinking.

Oh, wait... Why don't visit Sehun?

Jongin blinked a few times before finally snatched his phone. He hurriedly typed a line chat to Kyungsoo.

 

 

 

 

Can I go out to visit my friend? I will be back before 7.

 

 

 

Jongin re-read the chat. He sounded like a little kid asking a permition to his mom.

Jongin waited for the answer patiently, and when the phone beeping, he opened the chat.

 

 

 

 

Yes.

 

 

 

 

"Wow."

Jongin said while holding his phone.

"So short!"

Kyungsoo must be thinking that his chat isn't important, judging from how short his reply was.

Well, he's busy with that Suzy anyway.

Jongin suddenly got annoyed again.

What's so important about that girl? Is it really fun spending time with her until a mighty Do Kyungsoo can't just reject her of-

Wait, why did Jongin become all sarcastic?

He couldn't help it. He was annoyed because Kyungsoo agreed going out with Suzy.

Didn't that CEO asking for his advice just then?

Jongin felt like his rambles last night wasn't heard by Kyungsoo at all.

Ugh. Annoying.

Jongin huffed and put his phone on the bed. He headed toward the wardrobe and pick up a wam coat.

Yup, he's officially back to the cold winter in Korea.

After getting dressed, the tanned boy made his way out of the apartment, rid a train and headed to Sehun's cafe.

Jongin entered the cafe without hesitation. He just opened his mouth to call Sehun when he realized the one standing behind the cashier machine wasn't Sehun.

It's Tao.

The Chinese man's eyes met his, and Jongin immediately felt his knees weakened under the sharp gaze.

"H-hello..." Jongin greeted in a small voice.

Tao gave a slight smile and nodded. "You are looking for Sehun?"

"Y-yes..." Jongin nodded his head.

"He's inside, in the baking room." Tao replied while nudging his head toward the door with 'staff only' sign.

"O-oh?" Jongin blinked. He thanked Tao and awkwardly made his way into the 'staff only room'. He was really thankful that Sehun was there in the cafe. He couldn't imagine how it would feel when Sehun turned out to be absent that day.

Jongin pushed the door open slowly, didn't make any noise as he entered the baking room.

The baking room was small, but it's quite cozy. The sweet smell of chocolate was up in the air and Jongin smelt it in delight.

Sehun was in his baking suit, busy with things infront of him. He had his back on Jongin so he didn't realize the boy was standing there. Not until Jongin coughed softly to attract his attention.

When the blonde boy turned his head, his eyes widened in delight to find who's standing infront of the door.

"Jongin!!"

Jongin broke into a big smile when he saw Sehun's happy expression.

"Wow! I just think about you and you already pop out here! Where have you been this past week?"

"I'm..." Jongin pressed his lips into a thin line. "...taking care of something! I've been so busy and I couldn't visit you."

"That's sad. I miss you." Sehun made a sad expression with a cute pouting on his face.

Jongin felt his face blushed madly when the handsome boy said that. He let out a small smile and nodded.

"...I miss you too..."

The two then broke into a little chuckle.

"I'm baking a cupcake now." Sehun said while grinning. "Wanna join me?"

"Cupcake?" Jongin asked while tilting his head to see what's behind Sehun's body.

Oh, dear. It's a cupcake.

"B-but I don't know how to make it." Jongin replied.

"That's okay, I'm gonna teach you." Sehun said. "Come quickly here!"

Jongin at the end gave up and made his way toward Sehun.

Soon, they were already in the middle of making the cupcake.

"So, after we bake this, you can decorate it all you want." Sehun said while pouring the liquid dough they were making into cupcake moulding.

"All the way we want?" Jongin asked and frowned. "Like what?"

Just after Jongin said that, the oven behind them made a beeping sound.

"Ah, just in time. I just baked some cupcakes before you come here. Let's put these one inside and decorate those cupcake." Sehun said. He made his way toward the oven while putting hand gloves on his hand.

Jongin watched as the pale boy opened the oven's door and carefully pull out the tray of cupcakes from the inside. The cupcakes Sehun had pulled out looked really nice. The delicious smell immediately hit Jongin's nose and made the tanned boy's eyes sparkled.

"Let's decorate these babies." Sehun said while putting the tray of cupcake infront of Jongin. He then moved to put another on the oven. Jongin stared onto the cupcakes infront of him in big interest.

It looked really good, Jongin wanted to take one and put it inside his mouth.

"It's a vanilla one. I created the vanilla flavored because it's easy to combine them with various colors." Sehun explained while taking a big bowl of something that looked like a mayoinasse.

"What is that?" Jongin asked while pointing at the bowl.

"Just a cream." Sehun said while inserting the cream onto a big weird kind of thing.

"Do you want to put it there?" Jongin asked while pointing at the cupcake.

"Yes, like this." Sehun then professionally swirled the cream on the top of a vanilla cupcake.

"Waa..." Jongin opened his mouth wide when he saw Sehun slowly formed the cream into a flower shape.

"Since it's a vanilla confetti..." Sehun said while picking a few colorful food sprinkles and sprinkled it on the top of the cream.

"Woaaa!" Jongin gasped in amazement. "That's so pretty!"

Sehun chuckled. "That's just a very basic one. You wanna try decorate one?"

Jongin immediately shook his head. "Don't. I will ruin it."

"No, you won't." Sehun shook his head. "Try to decorate one."

Jongin shook his head again. "This is for sale, right? I don't want to ruin these cupcakes. If I create a mistake, no customer will buy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter