Chapter 17 - Memory Box

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"What are you doing here, Byun Baekhyun?"

Kyungsoo sighed as he crossed his arms. His eyes stared straight to a man who was sitting on the sofa while eating an ice cream.

"Visiting my cousin, of course." Baekhyun replied lightly. "Why? Can't I?"

"You are lucky I don't have much work to do today..." Kyungsoo sighed. "But aren't you suppose to be in Thailand now?"

"I've cancelled it." Baekhyun opened his mouth again and ate his ice cream away. "Today is me and Chanyeol's first anniversary so I rejected the restaurant's offer to fly me there."

"Oh, anniv." Kyungsoo replied while nodding, eyes were still glued to his laptop. "Congratz."

"You are so cruel. Your cousin's here now and you don't even set your eyes on me? I'm leaving Seoul tomorrow, you are not gonna see me for a week ahead!" Baekhyun pouted when he didn't even get a glance from Kyungsoo.

"You are always overseas. I'm getting used to live life without you." Kyungsoo still didn't bother lifting his head away from his laptop. "Where are you going tomorrow?"

"Taiwan." Baekhyun replied. "This time I'm going for a holiday. With Chanyeol."

Kyungsoo stopped typing and looked up. "Oh. Is this somekind of a honeymoon?"

"No! He hasn't even proposed to me yet!" Baekhyun shook his head. "If he propose to me and we get married one day, our honeymoon will be in... Maldives!"

Kyungsoo scoffed. "You can go there anytime, after all. Haven't you been there once last year, with your mom?"

"It was with my mom! Of course things gonna be different!" Baekhyun protested. "Going somewhere with someone you love will definitely create unforgettable memories for sure!"

Kyungsoo just hummed and back to his typing.

"It's been a year and you haven't gone out from Korea at all." Baekhyun said. "Aren't you planning to go out somewhere?"

"Where should I go?" Kyungsoo asked flatly. "With whom?"

"You can take you girlfriends." Baekhyun rose his shoulders. "Krystal maybe? Bring her to French."

"Definitely gonna be a disaster. She would buy the whole chanel store there." Kyungsoo tsked. "And we have broken up, fyi."

"Oh?" Baekhyun widened his eyes. "Right. I'm sorry, you have too many girlfriends. Hey Kyungsoo, don't you think it's time to break up with them and search for the real lover?"

Kyungsoo stopped his typing again and stared at Baekhyun for a moment. "Suzy is still with that freak guy. I have no interest in others except Suzy."

"Oh, come on man." Baekhyun sighed in irritation. "That girl definitely shows no interest in you. Why you keep on chasing after her?"

Kyungsoo didn't answer.

"I know she's the one that cheers you up back then to fix your broken heart, but I think you get too attached to her. You are just a brother for her, no more than that."

"She has my heart, and she hasn't give it back to me." Kyungsoo said. "I can't let her go yet, Baekhyun."

"Stupid, stupid Kyungsoo." Baekhyun tsked again. "There are million of guys and girls chasing after you, yet you are still begging Suzy's love. You a fool."

Kyungsoo didn't care.

"Does she even responds to your contact anymore?"

Kyungsoo fell into silence. His brain proceeded when was the last time he contacted Suzy...only to find something.

"The Last time we contacted each other...was on my birthday."

"Well, two days ago?" Baekhyun rose both of his eyebrows.

"...well...yeah..."

Baekhyun nodded his head and looked around. "Ah, anyway. Where's that Kim?"

Kyungsoo who got whom Baekhyun referred to turned his attention back to his laptop. "Sick."

"Oh yeah?" Baekhyun sounded quite surprised. "What have you done to him?"

"I didn't do anything, he just being stubborn himself." Kyungsoo scoffed.

Baekhyun stared at Kyungsoo for quite a long time before letting out a smug grin. "Then...have you taken your revenge on him?"

Kyungsoo immediately stopped working. He rested all his fingers on top of the keyboards and groaned. "Baek, don't make me talk about that."

"Why?" Baekhyun asked in surprise. "Didn't you work your off all these years only to take a revenge on him? You said you want to make his life suffer?"

Kyungsoo sighed.

Baekhyun narrowed his eyes in suspiciousness. "...or are you falling for him aga-,"

"NO!" Kyungsoo roarred. "It just...his life is much more complicated than I thought. It doesn't feel right to wreck it even more."

"What do you mean?" Baekhyun furrowed both of his eyebrows in confusion.

Kyungsoo sighed again. "I'll explain to you later."

"You keep on saying 'later'! Hey, your cousin is leaving for Taiwan tomorrow! Tomorrow!"

Kyungsoo rolled his eyes and looked away.

"Well...but I think I can't stay for too long anyway." Baekhyun said when he glanced at his wrist watch. "I have a short meet-up with my friend so I think I will leave now."

Kyungsoo scoffed. "Seriously? You are just staying for 5 minutes?"

"I come only to give you the roll cake, right?" Baekhyun asked while standing up. "Oh? Just right when I'm leaving, you just realized how much do you need me now?"

"Ew." Kyungsoo hissed. "Go away, back to your giant baby."

Baekhyun chuckled while walking out of the office room. "Alright, I'm going then. See you next week, Kyungsoo-ah!"

Kyungsoo let out a scoff and turned to face his laptop.

"Be careful, you might be falling back for that Kim guy and..."

Baekhyun let out a naughty smirk.

"...time for diet, Do Kyungsoo. You are getting fat!"

With that, the petite boy slammed the door close and ran away happily.

"What the !"

Kyungsoo hissed.

"That nosy little Byun... Wait until I meet him again. Tsk."

Kyungsoo back to his typing while murmuring something about killing Baekhyun and so on.

They're always like this since they were little. Baekhyun was a super bright and happy-go-lucky boy that accompanied and protected Baekhyun just like his own twin. Kyungsoo used to be super shy, a little self conscious and fragile when he was little. But, by having Baekhyun beside him, he slowly grew the confidence inside of him. Until Jongin came and destroyed it that day. Kyungsoo needed a little more time to build back the shattered heart Jongin broke before.

A little more time to turn into someone else.

A little more time to be a man he is now.

Kyungsoo glanced at his clock.

Talking about Jongin, had that boy eaten? Is he feeling alright now? Kyungsoo wanted to send Taemin to take care of Jongin but the almond-haired boy was out doing some business, so Kyungsoo half-heartedly have to leave Jongin all alone.

The CEO extended his hand to take his phone and punched Jongin's number.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

The first thing that Jongin saw when he opened his eyes, was the pretty lamp hung far above his head. He had never got that kind of lamp before, so reality forced him to trust one thing ; He was in Kyungsoo's apartment.

The tan boy groaned as he forced himself to a sitting position. His headache had gone, but his body was still as weak as jelly.

Gruuu

...

Well that condition didn't stop his stomach from growling though.

Jongin glanced at the clock above the door.

Wow, it's 2 PM and he hadn't been eating anything since morning.

Jongin forced his way out of the bed and went into the kitchen. Kyungsoo didn't save a lot of food, but he surely had cereals in the cabinet.

Once Jongin laid his feet on the kitchen, he frowned when he found a bowl of porridge wrapped neatly with a food-grade plastic on the top of dining table. Jongin blinked while staring at the porridge bowl. He slowly extended his hand and touched the bowl. His eyes then caught a glimpse of paper being sticked right beside the bowl.

 

 

Eat.

 

 

Jongin furrowed both of his eyebros and tilted his head to the right.

Was this for him?

The porridge looked good. It's not the usual bland-looking porridge with a horrible taste. Kyungsoo made a chicken porridge with a few side dishes that made it mouth-watering.

"But is it really okay to eat this?"

Jongin questioned himself as he sat his down on the chair.

"Is this even, for me?"

While debating whether he should eat or not, there was a loud sound of phone filling the whole apartment. Jongin was silence for a few seconds.

... Did Kyungsoo leave his phone home?

...

...

...

...Or is it Jongin's?

Jongin got up almost immediately and stumbled toward the room he was previously slept in. He looked for the source of the noise and found his phone on the top of night table beside his bed.

There was a call, from Kyungsoo.

"H-hello?" Jongin replied groggily.

"Ah, you've awakened?"

"Y-yes..."

"How do you feel now? Better?"

"Yes... Much better than before..." Jongin said slowly.

"Good. Have you taken your meds?"

Jongin rose both of his eyebrows high.

"What meds?"

"The one that I put beside your porridge."

"My-, so that porridge is for me?" Jongin couldn't hide his surpriseness.

"Of course! Who else I cook that for? Ghost?"

There was a hint of annoyance in Kyungsoo's tone.

"...sorry..."

"So you haven't eaten anything?"

Jongin shrugged. "...I just woke up."

"Then you better go eat."

"Alright..."

"Then take meds."

"Yes..."

"I'll be coming home now."

"Eh? Why so early?" Jongin widened his eyes. It was just 2PM, and yet Kyungsoo had excused himself from the office?

"...well..."

There was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter