Chapter 16 - Sick

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Kim Jongin? Hi, I'm Chanwoo!"

Those dark brown orbs sparkled as his hand grabbed Jongin's hand warmly.

"Let's be friends!"

The boy then turned around and leave Jongin alone, running away with loud laughter.

"I have your homework, yeay!"

Jongin's feet moved to chase the other.

He found the boy he chased on the floor, crying.

What's wrong?

Why is he crying?

There was no movement, and there was no sound.

Hei, Chanwoo...What's wrong?

The head that previously burried inside of his arms lifted and revealed the tears strained face of the little boy.

"Jongin-ah...?"

What?

"I'm doomed..."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Beep beep beep beep beep!

The sound of phone brought Jongin back to reality. He immediately felt the coldness hit his already shivering body. Jongin let out a shaky groan as he pulled his worn-out blanket and snuggled even closer to it.

... It's so cold...

Beep beep beep beep beep!

Jongin burried his head more into the pillow and shifted in an uncomfortable position.

Beep beep beep beep beep!

The sound of his phone was so annoying, for sure!

Jongin clenched his jaw tight to prevent his lips to stop trembling due to the cold.

Beep beep beep beep beep!

Jongin finally opened his eyes and was greeted by a dark-gloomy sight of his apartment room. He immediately shut his eyes back closed when his vision got blurry.

Tsk. His head's hurting.

Beep beep beep beep beep!

Jongin didn't want to get up, he just wanted to stay in his position...but he felt even colder if he did that. At the end, Jongin forced himself to get up. Once he got up, his headache got even worse. Jongin winced as he stopped and holding his head.

Beep beep beep beep beep!

"Aish..." Jongin hissed. The sound of phone ringing just made his head pounded even harder. He then crawled his way toward his desk and reached the phone with trembling fingers. Jongin fell to the floor when his legs gave up on his own weight but succed to push the answer button on his phone.

"H-hello?"

"Hei! Where are you? You know what time is it already? Huh???"

Kyungsoo's voice shot right through Jongin's eardrums, making him winced.

"...I'm sorry... I'll be there soon..." Jongin said with low shaky voice.

"..."

There was a pause on the other line.

Jongin panted hardly. His vision started to blur and he had to put one hand on the floor to support his body.

"K-kyungsoo-ah..." Jongin called out weakly.

"Yes?"

Jongin was almost sure that he heard panic in Kyungsoo's voice, but he didn't get a chance to think more about it.

"...h-help me..."

That was the last word Jongin could say before he fell weakly to the floor. His body trembled wildly in cold and he shut his eyes tight.

"Hei? Hello? Jongin! What's wrong?"

Jongin could still hear Kyungsoo's voice as he fought to regain his consciousness. His body started to shut down automatically and he slowly losing control of his body.

Jongin fainted.

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

Kyungsoo knocked on Jongin's apartment wildly.

"Hei! Kim Jongin! Kim Jongin!"

There was no sound.

Kyungsoo started to knock on Jongin's door harder.

"Hei! Open the door! Jongin!"

Kyungsoo kept on knocking on the door for quite a long time. He kept calling and shouting all the time, until a girl beside Jongin's apartment came out with a horrible expression.

"SHUT UP!" The girl roarred. "I was trying to sleep and you are really noise over here!"

Kyungsoo stared at the girl in a pure shock and watched as she entered back the room and slammed it closed with great force. The CEO felt anger bubbled inside of his head when he saw the girl's rude action but he held it inside. He turned around to face Jongin's apartment room and banged on it harder than before.

"Hei! Kim Jongin!"

Still no answer.

And that's it.

Kyungsoo lost his patience. He immediately slammed his body against the door to force it open.

BUGH

One...

BUGH

Two...

BUGH

Thr-,

BRAK.

It's opened.

Kyungsoo bursted in almost immediately, ignoring the angry protests from Jongin's other neighbours. The CEO's eyes shifted around to search for the petite tan boy in the room.

Ah, there he is.

Jongin was lying on the floor, passed out. His dark hair covered almost all the part of his face.

"Kim Jongin!" Kyungsoo hissed as he ran to get Jongin. The CEO immediately crouched down beside Jongin and shook him.

"Hei, hei. Kim Jongin? Hei, wake up!"

Jongin didn't move even an inch. He just mumbled a few things that was totally inaudible in Kyungsoo's ears.

Kyungsoo grew even more panic when his hand touched Jongin's skin.

It was burning hot!

"..." Kyungsoo cursed lightly as he picked Jongin bridal style and stood up.

"Hei! What have you done to this room!" An angry voice of a man broke into the room.

"Move out! He fainted!" Kyungsoo raised his voice in anger as he walked passed the man which turned out to be the owner of the apartment.

The man was puzzled. "Eh? What?"

Kyungsoo didn't stop walking. He shoved the other people who surrounded the room. Seems like his screams and bangings before attracted everybody.

"Hei, this door is broken! What if your boyfriend's things get stolen, huh?" A desperate scream from the apartment's owner was heard again.

Kyungsoo stopped walking and turned around.

"I will fix the door's repairment." Kyungsoo said coldly. "My assistant will come soon."

With that, Kyungsoo turned around and fastened his pace. Jongin was quite light, that's why he didn't find any difficulties holding him in one hand. The other hand was used to open the door of his car and he gently placed Jongin onto the seat.

", how could he get sick?" Kyungsoo hissed as he grabbed more warm coat on the back of his car and wrapped it around Jongin.

Jongin was trembling. His lips turned a little white and he was as pale as ghost.

"What happened?" Kyungsoo hissed as he stood up and the engine of his car.

The car Kyungsoo drove flee toward the best hospital in Seoul, Seoul St. Mary's hospital. Jongin was taken immediately to emergency room to be checked while Kyungsoo wait outside of the hospital.

Kyungsoo gulped down nervously as he paced backward and forward.

Would Jongin be alright?

What happened?

He was definitely alright last night! He was as healthy as horse, and he ate much!

Kyungsoo bit his lower lip.

Beep beep.

Kyungsoo picked up the phone. "Hello?"

"Hello? Boss?"

"Ah, Taemin." Kyungsoo leaned against the wall. "You've finished the reparation of Jongin's apartment?"

"I've done it. But..."

There was a slight pause and Kyungsoo frowned.

"What? Is there anything else?"

"Well..."

Taemin sighed.

"...to be honest... I don't think this apartment is livable, boss."

"What do you mean?"

"Well... There is no room heater here, I'm almost freezing to death."

"Eh?" Kyungsoo widened his eyes. "What do you mean no room heater?"

"It's so cold here. There is a room heater, but it's broken down already."

Kyungsoo was silent for a few minutes before he sighed.

"Ah, that kid... I see..."

The CEO ruffled his hair in annoyance.

"Then get a new heater, and put it on."

"And-,"

Taemin cut.

"-this apartment doesn't have bed. Just a small hard matrass. It doesn't feel comfortable. Not at all."

"Huh?" Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows again. "Tsk. Is there anything else?"

"No hot shower..."

"Seriously?"

"His dresser's door has broken down."

"..."

"What is this? Is this even a refrigerator? There's nothing here. Just a lonely tomato and... Nothing."

"Tsk..." Kyungsoo closed his eyes.

"He doesn't have any washing machine. Does he wash all his clothes by his own hands?"

Enough.

"Just leave the other things alone. Repair that damn door, and leave."

"Are you sure? Then where's Jongin gonna stay at tonight?"

"Jongin?"

Kyungsoo turned around to see Jongin who was geting taken care of the nurses.

"He's gonna stay with me tonight."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

"He was attacked by a hyporthemia before, but he's okay now. He just get a fever, but he will definitely recover soon."

"Treat him with the best treatment from this hospital." Kyungsoo stressed his words. "I want him to get healed as fast as he could."

"We understand, sir." The doctor said. "We will provide him the best facility that we could. He will wake up in minutes."

After saying that the doctor bid his goodbye to leave both Kyungsoo and Jongin alone.

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin who was sleeping peacefully. He approached the boy with a light step. He stood right beside Jongin's bed and sighed.

"You are really an idiot, huh?" Kyungsoo's hand slowly moved to touch Jongin's face. The previously cold body had warmed up, thanks to the best facility the hospital had.

Jongin didn't sleep with a room heater, even when the temperature outside was minus 10 celcius last night.

He slept on a hard matras.

Jongin didn't have anything on the fridge..

. "...." Kyungsoo closed his eyes.

He didn't know why but his heart felt tight.

"...this kid..."

That's when Kyungsoo felt Jongin twitched under his fingers. The CEO immediately pull his hands away and stared at Jongin.

Jongin stirred a little on his spot and opened his eyes. He needed a little time to regain his consciousness and fully understand what was going on.

"Huh?"

That was all that he could say while trying to sit.

"Don't move. You better not ruin your infuse." Kyungsoo warned.

Jongin's eyebrows knitted together deeply. He looked at his left hand which had infuse on it and frowned.

"H-how... Why..."

Jongin was speechless. He clearly remembered that he was at his apartment. How the hell did he end up in a hospital?

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin with his stoic face. "You don't remember?"

"Eh?" Jongin frowned. "Remember what?"

"You called me before you fainted." Kyungsoo explained.

Jongin stared at Kyungsoo with puzzled look before opening his mouth and let out a loud shriek.

"Eh???"

"Geez, you forget?"

Jongin bit his lower lip as he felt blush spread across his face. He didn't remember doing that, not at all!

"You will be staying here for a couple days, until you are fully recovered." Kyungsoo stated.

Jongin's mouth gaped open. "H-here?"

"I'll free you from your duty just for a few days." Kyungsoo said flatly. "Get a lot of rest."

"B-but!" Jongin suddenly grabbed Kyungsoo's hand desperately. "-, I... I don't want to be here... Please!"

"What?" Kyungsoo grew annoyed, again. "I'm paying! It will not be included in your debt list!"

Jongin once again let out a puzzled look.

What's wrong with this man? He even willingly pay Jongin for the medicational fee?

"I still have a few business to take care of in office." Kyungsoo said. "I will be back so-,"

"No! Just don't put me on the hospital!" Jongin pleaded. His hold around Kyungsoo's arm tightened.

Kyungsoo frowned as he stared at Jongin.

"-, it..."

Jongin's face turned gloomy. His eyes shone in fear, and his hand slowly rubbed his arm.

"...it reminded me o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter