Chapter 25 - Last Night in Bali

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Speak when you are angry, and you will make the best speech you will ever regret."

That quote suit Kyungsoo's condition the best right now.

The CEO was driving his car back to their hotel, hands holding tight on the wheel. He repeatedly stole glances to Jongin who was sitting beside him.

Jongin didn't say anything ever since Kyungsoo roughly pointed out about him being only a servant for Kyungsoo. He just kept his mouth shut, even until now.

Kyungsoo regretted the words he had said, he truly did. He had never meant to say such a mean thing to Jongin. It just, he lost against his temper and ended up saying things he shouldn't have said.

Jongin on the other hand kept his vision outside of the window. No, it's not because of the view, he could see nothing outside since it's dark.

He did it, to hid his tears.

Servant.

Jongin had almost forgotten his identity infront of Kyungsoo. He had forgotten that he was indeed just a servant. It hadn't fully been a month since he became Kyungsoo's servant, and he could remember how he didn't want to get involved with Kyungsoo at all at the first time. But now? He had forgotten that. He had valounteerly interrupting Kyungsoo's personal space, he even casually gave his opinion about the other's love life.

What a fool.

Who do you think you are, Kim Jongin?

Jongin repeatedly blinked back tears that threatened to fall freely from his eyes. He didn't want to cry now, at least not infront of Kyungsoo.

The car stopped soon after, considering how close the restaurant with The Mulia Hotel was.

Kyungsoo gulped down and glanced at Jongin. "We're here."

Jongin reached out the door's handle with his shaky hands and opened it. Kyungsoo followed the other's movement from behind.

As they headed back to their room, Jongin suddenly stopped.

"I..." The other whispered with a small voice. "...will be out for a while. You can leave first."

Kyungsoo opened his mouth. He wanted to say no, he wanted to bring Jongin inside of the room so they could talk about what had just happened earlier. But he knew it's not the right time to do so. Jongin needed time, and so did Kyungsoo. That's why the CEO sighed and nodded.

"Alright..."

Jongin turned to leave Kyungsoo and walked straight out.

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and turned his body. He entered the lift and half-heartedly punched the close button.

And Jongin's back was the only thing that he saw before the door fully closed.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

 

Jongin finally let out his cry on the pool side. He sat against the big woman statue and laid his head on it.

Stupid Jongin, of course you angered him. It's Suzy you are talking about back there, Suzy that Kyungsoo really really like.

You shouldn't have said that, what made you say that?

Was it because you were lonely for being left out the whole day?

Deal with it! You are nobody for Kyungsoo! He didn't ask you to join this trip because he liked you as a friend or a brother or something like that!

You are just a servant!

A servant!

Nothing more than just a servant!

Jongin closed his mouth with his right hand, preventing his cry to come out too loud.

Jongin wanted to go back to Seoul. He wanted to stop working for Kyungsoo.

It's so ridiculuous that just because of some simple words, his happy feeling had turned upside down. Like a roller coaster.

Jongin buried his face between his two hands.

He cried all his heart out. His feeling was just a mess. He felt sad, humiliated and also disappointed with Kyungsoo's words.

Sad, because he's indeed just a servant.

Humiliated, because Kyungsoo talked down to him like he's the most worthless thing in the world.

...And disappointed. Because Kyungsoo had never think about him more than just a servant.

He's nothing but a servant.

Has never been, and will never be.

Jongin sobbed loudly and he pressed one hand to his chest.

Why it's hurting so bad here? It's like thousands of needles being punched through your heart.

Jongin shook his head and wrapped his arms around his body.

"I hate you, Do Kyungsoo..."

"I hate you..."

"I hate you..."

Jongin kept on whispering to his self and sobbed again.

"Stupid Jongin..."

Jongin fell into silence, staring at the expensive tiles underneath him. He didn't know how to face Kyungsoo after this. He didn't know what to say.

Thanks to Kyungsoo, he would make this situation became super awkward.

Jongin was still busy with his own thoughts when a pair of white sneakers approached him.

"...Jongin-ssi?"

That soft voice startled Jongin and the man looked up to find Dessy, the hotel manager that welcomed them on their first day was looking at him with concern eyes.

"...what are you doing out here alone?"

Jongin widened his slightly swolen eyes when she heard the other.

"Y-you speak Korean?"

"I am." Dessy smiled. "I lived in Korea for a year when I was in college. That's why I'm fluent. May I sit here?"

"Y-yes." Jongin said while nodded. His right hand immediately erased the tracks of tears on his cheeks.

Ah, damn. Why he must got caught by people when he's crying?

Dessy stared at him for a while before asking softly. "The sea's wind was blowing so hard. You shouldn't have sit here. You will get sick."

Jongin looked down and he bit his lower lip. "I'm okay, Dessy-ssi."

"Just Dessy, Dessy is okay." Dessy said with her friendly smile. "...umm... So... Mind to... I mean, you... Why, you are..."

Dessy was kind of flustered. She wanted to comfort Jongin, but she didn't know what to say. She wanted to ask what had happened, but she's afraid she would invade Jongin's privacy. So she kept on stuttering and at the end clasped her hands together.

"...so, do you want to...maybe share something with me?"

Jongin looked up to see Dessy before he broke into a smile. "I'm okay..."

Dessy pursed her lips before smiling and nodded. "I see."

The two didn't say anything afterwards. The only thing that filled the silence in the air was the sea's breeze, and the loud splash of the waves.

"...you know..."

Suddenly Dessy broke the silence. She looked up to the sky.

"...Bali has beautiful beaches, but it doesn't have stars."

Jongin blinked a few times before looking up to the sky, joining the petite lady.

"The stars's light was defeated by the bright lamps." Dessy said again. "It will be a lot prettier, if you watch it from Bromo mountain."

Jongin turned his head to Dessy. "Br-, what?"

"Bromo mountain." Dessy repeated again. "It's a mountain in Java, and it's the best spot to watch sunrise or sunset."

Jongin tilted his head to the side, got interested with Dessy's topic.

"You will see a loooot of stars." Dessy said again. "And you will never regret it."

Jongin shifted his gaze to the ground for a while before suddenly broke into a small chuckle. "My friend said she would climb the Himalayan mountain to watch the stars."

"Himalayan?" Dessy widened her eyes before joining Jongin's laughter. "Well I bet she's the true wanderer...or she is a big fans of 'The Bucket List'."

Jongin broke into a laugh almost immediately, even though it wasn't a big one. His voice was still hoarsh from the crying. "Oh my God, you also watch 'The Bucket List'?"

"Who doesn't?" Dessy laughed. "It's a great movie. I could understand why your friend is dying to visit Himalayan."

Jongin smiled.

"...but I hope the casts could be a little younger. I was actually hoping to see fresh western boys than to see two grandpas there."

Jongin laughed again for the second time. He did browse about The Bucket List movie before, and he agreed about the casts.

Dessy had broken the ice bricks between them and Jongin relaxed almost immediately. He pressed his mouth to a thin line before looked up to the pitch dark sky.

They both fell into a silence.

"...I fought with Kyungsoo."

Dessy turned to look at Jongin. Her lips curled into a soft smile when Jongin finally confessed to her. So her effort to lightened up the heavy mood earlier succeed. "...may I know the reason?"

"He..." Jongin inhaled. "...he said something mean to me. I mean, he... His words are... Hurtful. I don't have any right to be angry but..."

Dessy didn't interupt Jongin. The manager just waited and listened to Jongin's story until the very end.

"...I was..." Jongin bit his lower lips. "...I don't know. I also don't know why I get angry. H-he's saying the truth, but yet I can't accept it. I know he's angry but... He shouldn't have said it. Well, he could say it but... I'm sorry, I'm making you confused, aren't I?"

"No, no." Dessy shook her head. "That's okay. Continue."

"I..." Jongin rose both of his hands. "...just disappointed. I guess."

Dessy broke into a big smile before nodded. "I see."

Jongin let out a sigh, feeling his emotion calmed down a little.

Keeping your emotion to yourself indeed isn't really good after all.

"May I know why he suddenly say those hurtful things?" Dessy asked again. Her voice was still as soft as velvet.

"Because I critized him." Jongin answered. Simple, and honest. "And I guess he got offended with me."

Dessy let out an 'ah

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter