Chapter 28 - Club

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"Boss, YG company just confirmed that he reject our agreement yesterday."

Kyungsoo straightened his body upright when he heard the news. "What? He rejects it?"

"Yes, he said the agreement doesn't suit his taste. So, he said no." Yoona explained.

"Ah, really?" Kyungsoo blinked a few times. He was deeply disappointed with the news, since he really looked forward to work together with YG company.

"And I also got a call from Starwood's company, saying that he doesn't want to prolong the contract." Yoona said again.

"Starwood? The milk's farm?" Kyungsoo sounded surprised. "Why?"

"There's no further explanation. He just said he had gotten a big request from another company and that company had taken all the quota so Starwood couldn't provide any more milk for us."

"Tsk." Kyungsoo sighed. "Alright. Please just inform Jo Won to contact another farm. When the contract's officially ended?"

"Tomorrow. So we have to get the new milk industry tomorrow." Kyungsoo groaned. "Please ask Jo Won to finish it quickly."

"I understand." Yoona replied before bowed down and excused herself.

Jongin glanced at Kyungsoo who looked slightly distracted. The CEO typed something in the laptop and putting a depressed face.

Jongin didn't know what to say or do, so he just looked at Kyungsoo while sitting up straight.

Just when Kyungsoo was busy with his phone, his phone rang.

"Yes?" Kyungsoo picked up the phone without tearing off his eyes from the screen.

Jongin watched as the CEO's face turned pale.

"I see. I see. Yes, please take care of it well."

Kyungsoo put the phone down and immediately reached out for his phone.

"Please call another flour industry and ask them if they have a quota for us two days from now on."

Jongin sensed a panic radiated from Kyungsoo.

The room filled with silence and Jongin felt the heavy atmosphere all around it.

Kyungsoo closed his eyes and put his head onto his hand. He groaned.

"How could all of this happen?"

Jongin groggily looked around. He wanted to ask Kyungsoo what was going on, but he think it wouldn't be wise to suddenly bug into the situation.

Jongin bit his lower lip and played with his fingers. Some documents on the table that he had to type became long forgotten.

He didn't know what was going on, but definitely knew what would happen.

A mess.

 

 

***

 


It's been a few days since the day where SM's partners cancelled their appointment with Kyungsoo, and like what Jongin had predicted, it didn't become better.

It became worse.

"E-mart just contacted and they were angry for the cancellation of our breads today." Yoona reported with a slightly shaky voice. She looked depressed as well, eyebags hung under her eyes. "And they demanded a compensation. They didn't ask for extra fee but they looked so disappointed."

"..." Kyungsoo cursed under his breathe. "Why do we cancel today's order?"

"Because the flour we have now has lower quality than the flour we used to use. The taste became different, especially when we couldn't find a new milk industry. We need fresh milks, like really fresh. We can't use the industry's milk." Yoona explained.

"So, you guys really can't find another milk's farm?" Kyungsoo snapped in annoyance.

"W-we do, b-but they c-can't accepted us y-yet." Yoona stuttered wildly when Kyungsoo's voice suddenly became two octaves higher than usual.

Jongin who was sitting in his usual seat winced. He felt so sorry toward Yoona, but he definitely could understand Kyungsoo's feeling. There had been too many problems in the office these past few days.

"What is happening?" Kyungsoo hissed while massaging his hurting head. "Everything went well before, why all of this suddenly happened?"

Yoona fell into silence and looked down.

No one talked for a brief minute before finally Kyungsoo spoke again in a weak voice.

"...please go out. All of you. I want to be alone."

Yoona immediately bowed down and turned around. She gave Jongin a signal to follow her out, which Jongin did almost immediately.

When they both left the office room, Yoona immediately sat on her chair with a loud long groan.

"Aishh, because of all this, I get so worried I can't even sleep at night. What's wrong with all of these people?" The pretty secretary cursed.

Jongin also sat down beside her, feeling helpless. He turned his head and looked all around the office.

All the workers looked stressed out as well. Some still on the telephone, tried to ask for the customer's forgiveness.

"So, today we don't sell out any bread?" Jongin asked carefully.

"We did this morning, but some owner of street shops returned them. They said the customers complained that the breads didn't taste the same. So we cancel E-mart's order to prevent further disappointment."

"But they are disappointed already." Jongin frowned.

"They are disappointed, but at least the customer didn't. Jowon is working really hard right now to contact the nearest milk farm so we could start reproducing the breads." Yoona explained. "Ah, this drives me crazy. Really."

Jongin opened his mouth and was about to say a word when Yoona's face suddenly changed. The pretty girl suddenly stood up in hurry and bowed down.

"G-good morning, sir!"

Jongin turned around to see a handsome man in his early fifties entered the office room. The man just gave Yoona a short nod and walked straight to Kyungsoo's office.

Yoona gasped and immediately ran after him, but before she could speak any word the man had entered the office room.

Jongin immediately stood up and followed them. He hurriedly entered Kyungsoo's office as well, only to find Yoona standing nervously right infront of the door.

"I just got a call from Dongwook, saying that yesterday's bread was a total failure." The man talked with a calm but intimidating voice. "What happened, Kyungsoo?"

Kyungsoo looked down, face written with pure desperation. "...there's something not right in the production team, dad."

"Like what?" The man who turned out to be Kyungsoo's dad asked.

Kyungsoo gulped down before looked up. "Some companies suddenly cancel their contracts with us so there are some troubles in bread's production."

Kyungsoo's dad stared at the CEO for quite a while before sighed. "Then what will you do? Cause in just a day, we have gotten a big loss already."

Kyungsoo gulped down and clutched tightly on his pen. He bit his lower lip and averted his gaze to the floor underneath him. His dad talked in such an intimidating way and he felt so small under the sharp tones.

There was no reply from Kyungsoo. The tension became thicker and thicker until at the end Kyungsoo's dad groaned.

"Call Minho, and ask him to help you figuring the way out from this problem."

Kyungsoo lifted his head almost immediately and furrowed his eyebrows.

Call Minho?

Didn't his dad know it would feel like rubbing a salt on an open wound?

"Minho has a better connection so he could help you." His dad added, didn't notice the way Kyungsoo tensed up on his seat. "If this continues, we can get a bankrupt. For sure, Do Kyungsoo."

Kyungsoo inhaled a shaky breath and filled his lung. He still didn't mist dad's eyes.

"The loss that we experienced last time, please don't repeat it again." Kyungsoo's dad stated at the end before turned. "And call Minho. You gonna need his help."

Jongin glanced at Yoona and saw how the other cringed with the words.

Kyungsoo's dad then walked to leave the room, with Yoona chasing after him and walked him away.

Jongin who was left dumbfounded inside the office room looked at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo was sitting straight on his chair, hands balled into fists and his eyes bored a hole on the desk. Jongin couldn't see the way Kyungsoo's body trembled but he could definitely notice that Kyungsoo was really, really, angry.

"Out..."

Jongin's ears perked up when he heard the low voice that suddenly broke the silence of the room.

"...now."

Kyungsoo spoke in much difficulty, tried to hold his emotion jumping in.

Jongin, didn't need to be told twice, his heels and walked out of the office room.

Once he was outside, Jongin turned to look at the closed door in worry.

Kyungsoo must be breaking down now.

"Boss wouldn't call him."

Jongin turned to look at Taemin who was sitting on his working desk, not far away from the place Jongin was standing.

The almond-haired boy's eyes were fixed on the laptop, looking extremely serious.

"This company is his last piece of pride. And judging from the way those two fought, it's not possible for boss to ask for Minho's help."

Taemin added again.

"But it's about the sake of the company..." Jongin replied weakly.

"His pride is still getting in the way." Taemin sighed. "That's why I'm contacting Minho for him."

Jongin furrowed his eyebrows and approached Taemin. "Y-you do?"

"Actually I've searched it from yesterday. I think, I know who's behind all of this chaos."

"Who?" Jongin asked.

Taemin opened his mouth to answer but he was cut with the sound of his phone ringing. The almond-haired boy grabbed the phone and picked it up.

"Hello? Oh, yes. So, it's the truth?"

Jongin watched in pure curiosity as Taemin talked to the person on the other line.

"...I see. So that's it. I see. Okay."

Taemin cut the connection of the call and looked at Jongin.

"It's him. Park Taecyeon."

"Wha-,?" Jongin widened his eyes. "Wh-, who's that?"

The name sounds familiar, but Jongin couldn't remember who.

Taemin didn't reply and immediately punched a number on his phone.

"Hyung? I need to talk. Now."

Jongin just stood there looking stupid. "Eh? What do you mean? Park Taecyeon called you? Or? W-, wait! Where are you going?"

Taemin suddenly stood up and walked out. "I'll be leaving first, okay. Will be back soon."

With that, Taemin fleed to leave the office room.

Jongin was left dumbfounded and confused, standing in the middle of the room.

"What is going on actually?"

 

 


***

 


Taemin didn't comeback until the evening greeted Seoul.

Jongin glanced at his clock before back to his reflection on the mirror. There, he was standing infront of the mirror in the office's restroom. He sighed loudly and palmed his face.

The atmosphere in the office room was thickly covered in darkness. Kyungsoo still didn't talk much, and the expressions of the other staffs were still dull.

Jongin didn't do anything at all today, but he felt himself getting tired.

Mind really can control your body, huh?

After fixing his hair, Jongin came out from the restroom with heavy steps. He headed toward Taemin's desk, the place he had been sitting all day long. He couldn't bear be in the same room with Kyungsoo for a while, since Kyungsoo seemed like he could stab a dagger straight across somebody's head if they disturb him.

Yoona was still sitting on her own desk, typing something from her laptop. Some other office workers were also busy with their own laptops, typing and clicking. Some were busy with telephone.

Jongin sat quietly on his desk, feeling utterly useless in this kind of situation.

Ah, what should he do? He didn't like the situation of the company now, he swore.

The clock kept on ticking until it hit 9 PM.

Jongin looked around and saw some more office workers left the office. It had passed their working time.

Yoona looked up from her laptop and glanced at Kyungsoo's clock.

"Boss hadn't come out yet? It's 9 already. He should've left the home at 6." Yoona said and sighed. "Ahh, this is driving me crazy. I feel like a bad secretary if I leave before him."

Jongin turned to look at Kyungsoo's door and sighed.

"Can you please check him out for me, Jongin-ah?" Yoona asked with her pleading eyes. "I'm a little bit worried if something happened to him."

Jongin looked hesitant for a while before agreed at the end. "Alright..."

Jongin made his way toward Kyungsoo's office and was about to extend his hand to grab the door's handle when the door swung open, causing him to jerk backward.

Kyungsoo came out from the office room and walked out with cold expression on his face.

"B-boss." Yoona stuttered as he rose from her seat.

Kyungsoo's sharp eyes caught Yoona's standing figure. "Yoona."

Yoona gulped down. "Y-yes?"

"Can you drive Jongin to my apartment?" Kyungsoo asked. "I won't be home until late."

"W-where are you going?" Jongin immediately held Kyungsoo's arm.

"Somewhere, and I don't want to be disturbed." Kyungsoo replied before pull his arm away from Jongin's grasp.

"E-eh?" Jongin still as confused as before, demanding for more explanation from the CEO.

"You understand, Yoona?" Kyungsoo asked again with cold voice.

"A-ah, yes." Yoona nervously bowed down. "W-will do."

Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin for a split second before walked back to his office room, leaving Jongin and Yoona.

"...what..." Jongin gasped. Various things running on his mind. "W-where's

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter