Chapter 19 - Dancer

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

"We are going to Bali."

Jongin who was sitting on the sofa turned his head around. "Bali? Where is it? A name of a restaurant?"

"No," Kyungsoo took off his suit and hung it on the hanger beside the television. "It's a name of an island. In Indonesia."

"Indonesia..." Jongin furrowed his eyebrows. "...where is-, ah wait! I-, Indonesia??"

Kyungsoo turned to look at Jongin. "You know it, right? I know you are the top student in highschool back then. Your geographic score must be pretty good that you know Indonesia, right?"

Jongin's mouth hung open in shock. "...we...we are going to Indonesia?"

"Yes. Business trip."

"Kyungsoo! It's-, it's miles and miles away from here!"

"I know." Kyungsoo nodded. "I've been there once."

"A-and, and you are taking me like-, n-now?"

"Yes. It's a business trip, didn't I tell you?"

"B-but it's overseas!" Jongin stuttered. "I-, I mean, well, I don't even have a passport!"

"Baekhyun knows someone from the travel agency. Don't worry, your passport will be done in just two days." Kyungsoo replied. "...or so that he says."

Jongin looked worried. He bit his lower lip, deeply thinking how to reject the offer.

"Tomorrow we will go to the immigration and give all of the important letters to make the passport." Kyungsoo continued.

Jongin still stared into Kyungsoo dumbfoundedly. "...s-seriously?"

"We'll be going in three days." Kyungsoo made his way to the kitchen and took a glass of water. "And we will stay there for five days."

"C-can't I just stay in Korea?" Jongin asked.

"No. You are coming with me."

"B-but...!"

"No buts. Baekhyun prepared a week off for me, starting from tomorrow. So other than taking care of your passport in immigration, we can go buy you some new clothes."

"But I don't want-, I don't want to go!" Jongin shook his head. "In-,Indonesia is very far away from here! I-, I don't want to go too far!"

"You don't really have a choice." Kyungsoo said flatly. "You have to follow me everywhere I go, no matter what happen."

"But!!!"

"Contract number one, you will do everything that I say." Kyungsoo warned Jongin about the contract they had signed before. "Or you want me to charge you 16 million won?"

Jongin pressed his lips into a thin line. "...but Indonesia is so far..."

"I know, but it's only 8 hours flight anyway." Kyungsoo hissed. "It's not that far! Geez, it's not like we are going to Europe or somewhere ultra far from here, though."

"But..."

Jongin wanted to protest more. Sadly he didn't have any reason to reject Kyungsoo's request so...

"...alright." Jongin finally agreed unwillingly.

Kyungsoo glanced at the tanned boy before let out a slight smile.

Baekhyun lied, obviously. Byun Baekhyun was a professional when it comes about work. He wouldn't do such a careless thing like forgetting an invitation from a famous hotel overseas. Baekhyun wanted him to get a quick break. Kyungsoo had been staying in Seoul with no holiday for quite a long time. Since he fully handled the company, he hadn't been traveling overseas anymore.

Kyungsoo didn't really feel like going on a vacation actually, but if Jongin tagged along...

...maybe it would be fun.

 

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

 

 

"Choose the clothes that you like."

Jongin turned around with slightly widened eyes. "...I choose?"

Kyungsoo gave a slight nod then went to sat on the chair available on the boutique. They had just taken care of Jongin's passport at the immigration, and now they headed to Myeongdong for clothes hunting.

"Eh? Eh?" Jongin was totally confused. "What-, what should I choose?"

A pretty shop assistant who was standing beside him gave a polite smile. "What kind of clothes do you want to search?"

"Do you have a stock of summer clothes?" Kyungsoo asked the shop assistant. "We want to get a few shirtless tops and shorts."

"What?" Jongin almost shouted. "Summer??"

"We are going to Indonesia, a tropical island, they have no winter there. You want to die out of humidity?" Kyungsoo asked flatly.

Jongin closed his mouth. He just remembered that Indonesia indeed has only two weathers. Rainy season and sunny season. So there's no way he would wear coat there.

"We still have it." The shop assistant smiled. "Please wait for a while."

Jongin watched as the girl walked away and turned toward Kyungsoo. "Kyung, I think this is an expensive place!"

"Expensive?" Kyungsoo scoffed. "No. This is a middle-ranged clothes."

"Mid-," Jongin gasped.

How could Kyungsoo call this shop mid-ranged? The brand was pretty popular throughout Korea and Jongin clearly knew that they are ex.pen.sive!

"We will have a few dinners in top restaurants there, so you need to get a suit done." Kyungsoo said.

Just with that word, Jongin immediately felt dizzy. He couldn't stand luxurious things, it was totally not his style. Luxurious dinners, luxurious places and luxurious people always made him nervous and uncomfortable.

The shop assistant came back with bunches of clothes and shorts on her hands.

"You may choose it, sir." The shop assistant smiled brightly.

Jongin turned around and looked at Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo signaled him to choose the clothes by himself.

Jongin turned around again and sighed. He really didn't know what to do. He extended his hand and slowly took a shirtless white shirt. He peeked into the price and winced.

"I don't think I can get this. Seriously." Jongin immediately turned around to face Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo tsked and stood up. He walked toward the lady and started to pick up a few clothes from it.

"These looks good. Now try it on."

"T-try?" Jongin stuttered.

Kyungsoo rose his eyebrows up and down as the answer.

"Yes, sir. Please come this way." The shop assistant patiently ushered Jongin into the changing room.

"A-are you sure?" Jongin asked Kyungsoo for the last time.

"Go and get changed!" Kyungsoo finally snapped in annoyance.

Geez, Jongin was so annoying when it comes about spending money, even when it's not his own money.

Jongin awkwardly shuffled into the changing room and disappeared behind the curtain.

Kyungsoo stared at the other clothes on the shop and started to move. He looked through the clothes, searching whether there were some that he liked.

Minutes passed, and Kyungsoo turned around. Why Kim Jongin hadn't come out yet? Is changing clothes that difficult that he need more than 3 minutes inside?

"Oi, Jongin." Kyungsoo called out while approaching the door. "Are you dead? Why don't you go out and show me the shrt?"

"E-eh-," there was a startled reply from the changing room. "S-should I s-show you?"

Kyungsoo raised his eyebrows. "What? You don't like it?"

"Uhm...well-, I... Uhm..."

Kyungsoo furrowed his eyebrows and without further words grabbed the curtain and yanked it open.

"Gyaaaaaaaa!!!!" Jongin yelped in surprised. "Do Kyungsoo! What the hell are you doing!"

Fortunately, there weren't too many people in the store that time. Just a few boys strolling around and the workers. They glanced at Jongin for a good seconds before turning away again.

Kyungsoo didn't bother to reply Jongin. He looked at the other's clothes from up to down.

That boy was wearing a grey comfy t-shirt and long dark blue jeans. They looked pretty good on him so Kyungsoo gave a nod.

"Take that. Now change into another clothes."

Jongin widened his eyes. "E-eh? One more?"

Kyungsoo closed the curtain and crossed his arms while walking around again.

After a minute passed, the changing room's curtain being pulled open, revealing Jongin inside.

Jongin this time was wearing a black shirt with grey pants. His tanned small arms were hanging awkwardly beside his body. His left hand raised and rubbed his right arm.

Kyungsoo stared at Jongin in quite surprisement. The other looked good.

Jongin gulped down nervously when he didn't get any reaction from Kyungsoo. "I-is this weird?"

Kyungsoo was taken back from his daydreaming and blinked before turning his head away. "N-no it's not. W-well... Take that, then."

"Let's try more clothes, sir." The shop assistant smiled sweetly and offered more clothes.

Jongin hesitantly took the pair and went back into the changing room.

Kyungsoo waited nervously.

Jongin looked good and it somehow tickled something inside of him.

The CEO glanced at the changing room, waiting nervously for the other to come out.

Jongin tried on a few more clothes and weirdly he fits all the clothes there. Kyungsoo finally paid for 5 clothes he bought including tanktops and shorts. Jongin was standing close to Kyungsoo when the other was paying. His eyes almost popped out from his socket when he saw the price.

200.000 thousands won! Oh my God!

"It's so expensive!" Jongin cried out once they made their way out of the shop.

"Expensive?" Kyungsoo mumbled incoherently while making his way toward the car, clearly didn't care about the amount he just paid.

"I told you that I didn't need clothes that much! If you only buy two, we can wash the other and wear the ot-,"

"You want to wash clothes in Bali?" Kyungsoo sighed. "Our schedule there is pretty busy so don't even think about it."

Jongin pressed his lips into a thin line before gave up. He entered the car and sat on the chair.

"Now we are going to buy you a suit." Kyungsoo said while turning his car engine on.

Jongin just looked outside of the window. He knew it wasn't his money, but being used to be a frugal person, Jongin always gets a mini heart-attack when he see the price of things that Kyungsoo purchases. Then, a second after, Jongil will start blabbering about how important it is to save money, how expensive these things are, and so on.

That's something that Jongin himself couldn't avoid.

It came out naturally.

The car stopped infront of a boutique that they had ever visited before.

Jongin followed Kyungsoo's movement awkwardly. They entered the boutique and Jongin kept on pressing himself close to Kyungsoo.

The shop assistant who saw them immediately bowed politely. Knowing that it's Jessica that the CEO seeked, the girl ushered them to the pretty designer's working table in the centre of the boutique.

Jessica was busy with her phone. On her desk, papers were scattered everywhere. She looked pretty stressed out, left hand supported her head while the other gripped onto the phone.

"Yes, yes. Whatever, just make sure that Kim Woobin is there. Okay? I need him for my latest design, make sure pop out on the fashion show. If he doesn't come, I'm pretty sure Lee Jongsuk will not either. So make sure he's coming, okay?"

Kyungsoo stared at the girl for a while before casually looked around. Jessica was stressing out, he couldn't bother her for a while.

"Yes, and three more female models." Jessica finally looked up and was quite surprised to see Kyungsoo infront of her. "...alright, I'll call you later."

The blonde haired girl cut off her phone connection and immediately curved her lips into a sweet smile.

"Hei, Kyungsoo! Oh my God, I didn't see you there. Sorry!"

"That's okay." Kyungsoo shrugged his shoulders. "You looked busy... Another fashion show coming up?"

"Yes, and the models are just annoy me to no end." Jessica sighed. "Especially that couple, Jongsuk and Woobin. They wouldn't want to be on rundown unless they were together. Tsk."

Kyungsoo let out a slight smirk. "No wonder you looked a bit tired. Don't overwork yourself."

"You are right, I haven't gotten my salon treatment these two weeks." Jessica sighed as she put her left hand on her cheek. "Should really take a break. Ah, do you come for Baekhyun's suit?"

"Yes, he had told you?"

"He called me before, saying that he give up his new suit to you." Jessica smiled. "But I think the model is too slim for you, Kyungsoo. Do you need it in a hurry? I can fix some part if you wan-,"

"Not for me, actually. For him." Kyungsoo cut Jessica's words immediately while nudged to Jongin's direction with his head.

Jessica fell into silence and peeked at the boy standing behind Kyungsoo. The pretty girl frowned. "...for him?"

Kyungsoo gave a slight nod. "He needs one good suit."

Jessica was still in daze.

Jongin who saw the girl's face immediately lowered his head in shame. Of course she would be surprised. How could Kyungsoo hand an expensive suit, moreover- his cousin's, to Jongin?

"...well, they kinda have the same size..." Jessica finally commented. She took a step toward Jongin and stared at his body. "But he is a little shorter than Baekhyun. It's okay, though. The suit will fit him perfectly. Ailee, please get Mr. Baekhyun's white suit."

"Yes, miss." The shop assistant beside Jessica immediately moved to get the suit her boss asked.

"Is there any special occasion tonight?" Jessica asked. "Why does he need a suit?"

"Well it's a business dinner." Kyungsoo smiled. "That's why he should get dressed nicely."

Jessica blinked a few times before turned to look at Jongin. As the top-class designer, Jessica always has this habit to checking out the fashion of everyone she meets. "But seriously, Kyungsoo. Who's him? I see you've been dragging him all around lately."

"Well..." Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin. "He's actually...my new assistant."

"New as-," Jessica furrowed her eyebrows. "What happened to Yoona?"

"Nothing happened to her. I just need a more private secretary. Well, Yoona is too pretty for her own good so..."

Jessica laughed and nodded her head immediately. "I know, I know. She's so pretty, I don't get why she stopped being a model and become a secretary instead."

"She's not just an average secretary." Kyungsoo let out a lazy smirk. "She's Do Kyungsoo's secretary."

Jongin glanced at Kyungsoo and silently pouted. That guy was totally a player.

"Alright, alright." Jessica rose both of her hands. "I'm still jealous that you take her away from me but that doesn't matter anymore."

Ailee came back again with Baekhyun's suit and gave it to Jongin.

"E-eh?" Jongin was startled.

"You want to try put it on?" Jessica asked. "Maybe I can fix a few things...if you want."

Kyungsoo turned to look at Jongin. The CEO caught theother's nervous expression.

Jongin turned to stare back at him in a puppy eyes. This boutique was too luxurious. Even though it's not fully crowded, but Jongin was still feeling intimidated with the aura. Especially when he had to try the suit infront of Jessica. That girl has sharp eyes and Jongin felt uneasy under her piercing stare.

"...well, I think we just going to take it home."

"What?" Jessica looked surprised. "I think he better try to put it on. I don't want any disatisfaction come up later."

"There's no need." Kyungsoo let out a charming smile. "I do trust all your work."

"...but-," Jessica was still unsure about Kyungsoo's decision. She stared at Jongin and the suit repeatedly.

"That's okay, it's not a super formal dinner." Kyungsoo shrugged. "And you are still busy with your fashion show, right? You can take care of it now."

Jessica stared at Kyungsoo while biting her lips before sighed. "Alright, but if you have any complaints, comeback and let me fix it right away."

Kyungsoo smirked and nodded. "Alright. Then I guess...we'll see you soon."

"Alright." Jessica nodded. "Have a nice day, Kyungsoo-ah."

Jongin gulped down and immediately turned around when Kyungsoo made his move. He sticked himself close to the CEO.

When they got into the car, Jongin immediately let out a relieved sigh. "Ugh... I can't do this anymore..."

"Why are you so nervous? She's just Jessica."

Jongin just shook his head and turned around, looking out of the window while playing around with his fingers.

"Since I have a free time..." Kyungsoo said while turning on the car's engine. "...let's go to the gym today."

Jongin turned around. His eyebrows lifted high. "Gym?"

"I haven't been working

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter