Chapter 15 - Memory From The Past

Golden Misery [Discontinued]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Jongin and Sehun were hardly talk in the train. Jongin was too busy with his own mind while Sehun... The blonde boy just leaned on the train's wall and stared at Jongin.

Jongin glanced at his wrist-watch. It's 06.18. Jongin would reach his office in just 8 minutes, but it would made no big difference. Jongin's late, and late is...

Well, late.

Once the train stopped in the station Jongin was looking for, both him and Sehun walked out of the train fastly.

"I'm-, I'm so sorry!" Jongin managed to apologize while walking quickly.

"For what?" Sehun smiled softly. "There's nothing to be sorry for."

Jongin melted once he saw Sehun's smile, but he regained his consciousness and focusing his attention back to his office.

Geosung's company popped out infront of their view in minutes, and Jongin fastened his pace.

"Alright-," Jongin had almost ran out of breath due to the short jogging he had done. "-see you soon, Sehun-ah..."

"See you." Sehun smiled.

"I'm...sorry that I can't...spend much time today..." Jongin bit his lower lip.

"That's okay. I'm the one that suppose to feel sorry since I can't buy you anything." Sehun replied.

Jongin broke into a smile. "I-, I'll be going then! Bye!"

"Ah, wait."

Jongin stopped his steps and turned around only to be greeted by a lips pressed softly onto his cheeks.

"Happy birthday," Sehun gave Jongin a bright smile. "Have a blasting year ahead."

Sehun ruffled Jongin's hair playfully then waved.

"Good-bye!"

Jongin was left speechless. His mouth gaped open and he ran his hand on his cheek that just being kissed.

Thump.

Thump.

Thump.

Oh.

My.

Jongin could clearly feel how his face burnt up in just a few seconds.

Sehun just kissed him!

Kissed him on the cheek, oh my God!

Like-, kiss! Kiss! KISS!

Jongin's hand which was holding his cheek trembled.

"K-kiss," the boy whispered to himself as he watched Sehun who had disappeared within the crowds.

What...does that kiss...means?

Just when Jongin was busy with his own thoughts, the front door of the company suddenly being opened. Jongin turned around and widened his eyes when he saw Kyungsoo was standing there.

"What are you doing there?" Kyungsoo asked.

"-i, I..." Jongin stuttered as he put his hand down.

"You are late. Where the hell have you been?" The CEO asked in annoyance. "I'm just about to drag your out of your house."

Jongin winced.

Kyungsoo sighed. "Get in the car."

"E-eh?" Jongin raised his head to met Kyungsoo's. "A-are we going somewhere?"

"Yes, now get in the car."

Jongin turned around to see a new sport car which he had never seen before was parked infront of the company.

"W-where are we going?" Jongin asked.

Kyungsoo sighed and growled. "Don't ask too much. Just.get.in.the.car."

With that scary look Kyungsoo gave, Jongin immediately turned his body and get in the car without any further protest.

Kyungsoo then drove them to Dongdaemun. He parked his car infront of one electronic store.

"Get out." Kyungsoo commanded.

Jongin followed his instruction and followed Kyungsoo like a little puppy from behind.

"Is there anything that I can help you, sir?" A shop assistant asked politely.

"Yes... Can you give me the latest smartphone? Samsung will do."

"Alright, wait a minute, sir."

Jongin watched as Kyungsoo talked to the shop assistant. He then took a chance to stroll around. The electronic store sold various of electronic devices. There were phones, headphones, speakers, laptops, and there were even cameras.

Jongin took a step to see the cameras on the showcases.

"Wow." Jongin winced when he saw the price.

Cameras are so expensive. One of the camera over there costs twice than the price of room heater Jongin wanted to buy.

Sehun's hobby was expensive...

When Sehun's name popped out inside of his head, Jongin immediately remembered the kissing scene that just happened earlier.

Eyy... He's blushing again.

Jongin stared into the camera with unfocused eyes.

Sehun's lips were soft and warm, pressed against his cold cheek's skin. It was so gentle and loving. Jongin put his hands on both of his cheeks before let out a whimper.

Why Sehun kissed him?

Wasn't kiss...

Wasn't kiss...

"Hei, Jongin."

Jongin was taken back from reality when he heard Kyungsoo's voice. "Y-yes?"

"Pick the colour you want." Kyungsoo replied while motioning his head toward some phone on the table.

"Eh?" Jongin was left dumbfounded, staring at the phones on the table. "...me?"

Kyungsoo didn't reply. "I think the white color is not bad."

"...eh?"

"For a guy like you, white is pretty good I guess."

"W-what do you mean?"

"Ah, you are so slow!" Kyungsoo exclaimed in annoyance. "I'll take the white one, then."

Jongin furrowed both of his eyebrows in deep confusion.

This kid... Why he bother to ask Jongin about the color when he's ended up choosing it by himself?

"Do you want to register the sim card right away?" The shop assistant asked sweetly.

"Yes, immediately." Kyungsoo replied.

Jongin blinked once, twice, before turning his back. He was about to walk away when a hand grabbed his wrist.

"Where are you going? Stay here and listen as she explain how to use the phone." Kyungsoo said flatly.

"Eh?" Jongin this time got annoyed. "Why should I listen to it? I'm not interested in knowing how it works!"

Kyungsoo didn't let go of Jongin's hand, and pulled him closer.

"Aisssh..." Jongin hissed. "Let go, it hurts! Why I should listen to it, it's not even my phone! Can't you listen to her by your ow-,"

"It's yours." Kyungsoo cut Jongin's words.

Jongin stopped talking and widened his eyes. "...eh?"

"I'm buying this for you, since it's so hard to contact you whenever I need you." Kyungsoo still explained flatly.

"..." Jongin's mouth gaped open in shock.

...What?

Giving the phone...

...To me?

"EHHH???" Jongin shrieked in disbelief.

"Tsk, noisy!" Kyungsoo glared at Jongin. "Now listen to her! I don't want you to ruin this phone at the end!"

"Eh... B-but..." Jongin blinked rapidly. He stared at the phone and back to Kyungsoo.

Kyungsoo crossed his arms and walked away to check on the other devices in the store.

Jongin followed Kyungsoo's movements with his eyes, calling the other out.

"So here is how we use it, sir." The shop assistant had started explaining calmly.

Jongin was flustered. The girl's words were not registered fully on her mind. He didn't get what the other was saying, especially when she uses the strange words such as 'bluetooth', 'wi-fi', and the others. Kyungsoo on the other hand chuckled when he saw Jongin's expression.

"Idiot..."

 

 

 

 

***

 

 

 

7.30, Both Jongin and Kyungsoo had sat themselves inside of the car.

Jongin stared into the phone Kyungsoo just gave to him in disbelief. He stole a glance at Kyungsoo beside him and furrowed his eyebrows.

"...why...are you giving me...a phone?"

"Like I told you, I find difficulties to contact you when you don't have a phone." Kyungsoo replied monotonely.

"B-but, you don't have-," Jongin sighed. "...is this included to my debt? No, right?"

"Of course not." Kyungsoo rolled his eyes. "What? Do you want me to include it in?"

"Of course not!" Jongin roarred. "But why are you keep giving me things? Money, then this phone. What do you want actually?"

"Nothing. Can't I play nice to you once in a while?" Kyungsoo asked in irritation.

"Because it's suspicious!" Jongin protested.

"What suspicious?"

"If you are being too kind like this, I feel like you are planning something bad to me!"

"Like?"

"Like...you keep on giving me things to make me feel like I owe you so many things... T-then... Then I should do something to repay your kindness... Well that's what I'm thinking!"

Kyungsoo turned his face toward Jongin. "...you are so negative, aren't you?"

Jongin blinked rapidly before shook his head. "...I'm not negative..."

"But you are." Kyungsoo replied flatly.

"Well, just for special cases. I don't trust rich people like you." Jongin replied while looking out of the window.

Kyungsoo was stunned with Jongin's words. He suddenly remembered Jongin's story last night, making him fell into a long silence. The two didn't talk to each other for quite a long time. Kyungsoo kept on driving while Jongin kept looking out of the window.

Jongin at the end coughed to gain Kyungsoo's attention. "...so... Where are we going, now?"

Kyungsoo stared at road for a while and thinking. "Well... Let's go grab some dinner."

Dinner!

Jongin held the urge of throwing up when he remembered the amount of food he ate with Sehun before. He was still full.

"O-oh..." Jongin replied casually.

"Tonight will be the last night to eat good things because..." Kyungsoo said slowly without tearing his eyes off the road.

"...because?" Jongin asked in confusion.

"...tomorrow is gym time. I've gained weight, 3 kilograms."

"..."

Jongin stared into Kyungsoo in silence before bursted to a laugh.

Kyungsoo glared at Jongin. "Are you really laughing at me, now? Look at you, you are also getting fat."

Jongin gasped. "Am I? Well, I don't really care though. Hahahahaha."

Kyungsoo clicked his tongue in annoyance. "You will get ugly if you gain weight."

"Well, I'm already ugly just the way I am, so it doesn't matter that I gain weight or lose it, it won't affect my face." Jongin chuckled.

Kyungsoo knitted his eyebrows. "Weird."

Jongin just pouted a little before turning his head outside of a window. He was still smiling, finding Kyungsoo's 'problem' was funny

. Kyungsoo glanced at Jongin, examining the other's face.

Jongin wasn't handsome, he wasn't ugly as well.

Jongin was just...standard.

But Kyungsoo didn't know why, he always felt like staring at Jongin's face for a long time. To eye his luscious full lips, smooth tanned skin, and alluring eyes. People didn't think that way, but Kyungsoo had always found Jongin attractive. Ever since the highschool.

That fact had never changed.

...

What?

Kyungsoo frowned with his own thoughts. What the heck? Did he just admire the tan boy? Get a grip of yourself, Do Kyungsoo! He's just a servant! Servant! Servant!

Yes, a servant! A servant who doesn't deserve Kyungsoo! Doesn't deserve a perfection like Do Kyungsoo!

...

Wait...

What kind of servant that sits beside his boss, and let the boss do the driving???

Kyungsoo just realized it now! No wonder the securities in his company always eyed them weirdly whenever they go out.

Kyungsoo felt like palming his face. He needed omega 3, his brain hadn't been working right lately.

Kyungsoo shook his head and tried to get rid of the weird things in his mind. He cleared his throat and glanced at Jongin again.

"S-so... What are we going to eat now?"

"I don't know..." Jongin shook his head.

"Tell me which restaurant you want to visit."

"Eh?" Jongin widened his eyes. "Why should I?"

"Because I don't have any idea where to eat now!" Kyungsoo replied.

Jongin frowned. He opened his mouth to say something but then stopped. H

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter