Welcome to the world my loves.

New life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“!” I shouted as slammed my hands on the steering wheel. One thing is racing on my mind is that her water broke and she's in labour. I pray to god that she will be fine and arrive on time at the hospital. However I can’t help but have a smile on my face, not because she's in labour, but because we will be welcoming our babies into the world and of course because I can’t believe that I’m having kids with my beautiful wife Jessica. A lot has happened between us in within the short amount of time but I don’t regret any of it. Why you ask? Well because she is worth it. 

Reaching our house and putting the car into park, I rush inside and up to our room. 

“Jessica!? Babe?? Where are you??” I scream while I look around the room. 

“ Baby I'm in the bathroom!” I hear Jessica shout back with pain in her voice. Opening the bathroom door I see Jessica with her hands on the sink while focusing on her breathing, surrounded by water on the floor. I walk towards her and rest my hands either side of her hips assuring her that I am here to support her through this. -“Sorry baby I took a while, deep breaths baby you are doing great. I’ll quickly get a few stuff and we’ll go to the hospital okay?” Before I can leave the bathroom to pack our stuff she held onto my arm, shaking her head. “No baby, I already packed a bag couple of days ago, its by the bed. Help me to the car baby please” God, I hate seeing her in pain, I know pregnancies are not pretty but I didn't think it would be that bad. Damn, to all the women that carried babies for 9 months… I highly respect you. 

Helping her get in the car her contractions are getting worse, kissing her forehead and tossing the bag in the back, I quickly start up the car and start driving towards the hospital. Taking her hand, bringing it to my lips for a kiss, we glance at each other with a smile on our faces. No words are needed as we both know what our hearts are saying to each other. 

“I love you you… So much” Jessica said with  love in her eyes as she looks at me. 

“I love you so much more Jessica…” I reply with the same love in my eyes. 

Throughout the whole journey to the hospital she kept fidgeting and groaning in pain from the contractions. Good thing that the hospital isn't that far away from us. I didn't even bother parking properly and just parked right infant of the doors and fetch a wheelchair for Jessica. 

Helping her in the chair I quickly went inside the hospital shouting for the nurses and doctors. “Can anyone help my wife please! She's in labour!” I’m getting frantic because I don't see anyone coming to help until I see Soo’s dad passing by. 

“Dr Choi!! Help Jessica please! She's in labour!!” 

“Oh my! I’m not a midwife but I’ll call them now! Make your way down this hall and a midwife should be there waiting her name is Dr. Boa! Best of luck Jessica!”

“Thank you!” I bow and rushed down the hall to meet up with Dr. Boa along with the other nurses to tend to Jessica” 

“Sorry Ma’am but we need to prep Jessica and you for the birth, come this way and I’ll help you put on some apron and masks before you can come in” One of the nurses usher me to this small room so I can fit on an surgical apron and mask before entering the room. Jessica is laying on the bed with her legs prop up spread open before the midwife. She was covered with surgical gowns while the nurses and Dr. Boa preparing the tools for the delivery. I settle myself next to my wife with interlock hands assuring her and breathing with her, waiting

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter