A dream come true.

New life
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Straightening my blazer, I look towards the front seats of the aisle and see my parents and friends smiling at me with loving eyes. Biting my bottom lip, I gave them a smile before reverting my eyes to the close doors at the back. 

    Gosh, my hands are trembling from mix emotions. Sighing deeply with my eyes close, I try my very best to calm my beating heart and wait. 

 

Hearing the back doors opening and the harmonious choir singing, I fluttered my eyes open slowly and fix my stare on the most beautiful thing that ever happened to me. I feel my eyes starts to water as I wait for my beautiful bride glide towards me. Seeing her in that beautiful white wedding dress, I feel the world just stopped and everything went slow motion. The way she clutches the flowers in her hands; the way she smiles at me with those crescent moon eyes, makes my heart melt. The way the vail drapes over her face… I’m lovestruck. 

    I was so much into admiring her, I didn't realise she was already in front of me; looking up at me with loving eyes. 

    “You’re so beautiful my love” I mouth at her. Of course I couldn't miss the glint of redness forming on her cheeks. We stared in each others eyes for me, seemed like forever, before delicately interlace my our hands. 

 

Facing the priest I took a deep breath and held on my bride’s hand tighter. The part of exchanging rings has come, taking the ring first; I held her hand gently before I slowly and carefully put the ring on her. 

    “Let this ring symbolise my love for you and how this heart of mine will forever beat only for you. I promise that the life ahead of us will be perfect; we will have fights, doubts and small arguments… But as long as I have you in my life, I will do my very best to give you the universe. I’m not perfect but I will try my best for you and never doubt my love for you no matter what happens. I love you. Only you. Jessica Jung Takashi” 

I couldn't help myself but let the tears that I was holding back finally fall freely but then again I couldn't help but laugh out of embarrassment. Jessica, however, simply brush her thumb over my eyes with also crystal tears falling on her cheeks. Wiping her tears with my thumb, it was her turn to put the ring on me. Like I did to her, she took  my hand gently and put the ring on. 

    “Like you.. let this ring remind you of my undying love for you. No matter happens to us in the future please don't forget that I will stick by you forever. You’re trapped (everyone chuckles including me). Yes, the road may not always be filled with happiness but as long as we have each other.. as long as you have me and I have you.. we will get through everything together. Even though we didn't start in good terms, my heart will forever beat for you you Takashi. I love you so much.” 

And just like that I couldn't hold myself any longer and pull the girl in my arms for a tight embrace. Gently caressing her back, making sure not to damage her dress and vail, I just held her. I let myself feel her warmth in my arms and hear her rapid heartbeat syncing with mine. 

 

Composing ourselves, the priest finally say.

    “I know, pronounce you wife and wife.. You may now kiss your bride” 

 

Stepping closer to her I gently lifted the vail away from her face. Finally getting a proper view of her divine face. Smiling from ear to ear, I cradled her cheeks between my hands and slowly start leaning my head towards her. Seeing Jessica closing her eyes, our lips finally connected and the claps of our family and friends filled the church. 

    Leaning my head back slowly to look at my WIFE. Not soon-to-be wife, but MY WIFE. I see tears once again descending on her cheeks; wiping it with my thumb. 

    “You’re finally and forever mine my wife.” I giggle softly when I said the last part. Even Jessica blushed. 

    “And you’re forever mine my husband, if you ever look at another girl I’ll chop your fingers off” She chuckles, God I love this woman. 

    “I guarantee my eyes and fingers will only be yours” I tease, earning me a gently smack on my chest. 

Bending in once knee, shocking Jessica I place my ear and hand on her stomach. 

    “My babies… I love you so much, I cant wait for us to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter